It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready Folks.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
I believe you can assign tags or tittles to Google Earth locations as I have seen several instances were people have linked photographs taken at the locations with their own descriptive tittles to accompany them.

Thanks so much.

Please look at this link which is an aerial view of the Union Pacific's Jenk's Shops located in North Little Rock, Arkansas. This is the largest facility of this type in the world. Notice the similarities between the two locations-the tracks leading into the structure, the lines of locomtives awaiting service and the vented building.

Oh, I totally believe that it used to be an Amtrak facility. That would make sense. For instance, if something is going to be used as a concentration camp and trains would be used to haul 'criminals' into those camps, it would only make sense to use a defunt depot/repair facility as the retention center. If not, they obviously would not be able to transport the prisoners all the way.

I guess what I am asking is, is the facility defunct or still in operation as an Amtrak repair facility or anything Amtrak business related? My apologies if this was already answered. I'm curious because out of the huge parking lot, there are only about 4 cars parked in it during bright daylight hours. I'd except to see more cars in the lot if it was operational? I live nowhere near Indiana so I appreciate anything you'd guys would know.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Do you see parking spots for 500 cars?

Yes, southwest of the complex along Garstang Street there would appear to be more the enough parking to accomodate 500 employees.

The road running from the upper left, to the lower right is Emerson Avenue. It actually runs directly North and South. There is an 8 foot (approximate) wall running down that entire facility when viewed from Emerson Avenue.

If this wall was to prevent the 'public' from viewing this alleged FEMA camp why does it not run along Garstand and Cincinnati Streets which border much more of the facility then Emerson?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I guess what I am asking is, is the facility defunct or still in operation as an Amtrak repair facility or anything Amtrak business related?

The link I provided to Congressman Carson's press release is dated from May of this year. I would find it hard to fathom that he would be beseeching funds for employees that are no longer emolyed. There are also no news reports of Amtrak closing the facility but several of the downsizing of the work force; from 600 to aproximately 450 at the present time.

I'm curious because out of the huge parking lot, there are only about 4 cars parked in it during bright daylight hours. I'd except to see more cars in the lot if it was operational?

At one time Google provided spin references (satellite orbits) for its aerial photographs. Without those it is difficult to say exactly what day it is but the photgraph may have been taken on a weekend or holiday. As for its operational status there are several locomotives and numerous pieces of rolling stock parked on the lead tracks into the building, I would be surprised if they were only left there as they appear to be newer models and not retired equipment.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Great, thanks a bunch.

Anyone else's comments are welcome as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey folks, I'm back, this thread has jumped off tremendously since Sunday, I went back Monday and tried to get some good photos, but alas, I only have a digital cell phone. Also, it's virtually impossible to get anything good from the perimeter road, my pictures ended up blurry when I made passes in my car. I did stop outside the main parking entrance and snapped a still photo of the maintenance barns. What is odd, is there is a passenger train parked between the employee parking area and the buildings, and this train was also parked there a few months ago when I drove around the same southern perimeter road.

They haven't moved it, it appears it's there to block the view. Also, there is a huge wall along the western road around the facility, no good photos can be taken from that vantage point either. There is an access road on the north side of the site, but I didn't want to venture on that property, there are signs marked "No Trespassing, violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law." yadda yadda, so I didn't crawl through the woods to get to the north of the site.

It is interesting that a poster said they will allow tours if you call and say you are interested in trains, perhaps those of us who live close to Beech Grove can get together and request a tour? I'm down to go, who else would like to meet up and try and arrange a tour with me?

Anyways, you asked this Ashley:

Can anyone confirm if the windows exist as in the above photos or that they have indeed been bricked up since the photos were taken?

And I believe in the still shot I have from the area directly accross from the parking site will confirm that the windows have been covered. Also to the right of the photo you can see one of many helicopter "wind socks". Well, here is the photo:

Right-click the photo and save it to your PC and open it with the Windows picture and fax viewer so you can zoom in. The windows are all covered now, and you can zoom in on the orange wind sock.

I also went back to the bridge over Sherman drive and took a shot facing west towards the facility. There are actually many more rail cars that I first thought, these trains go all the way from Sherman drive, and can be seen ending a few hundred yards from the overpass on Emerson Avenue, immediately West of the site. Photo here:

I'd be interested in finding out if any ATSers are near me and who also have a digital camera, especially if they have a zoom lense. I'd also like to see if we can get together and request a tour of the facility.

Lemme know.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If this wall was to prevent the 'public' from viewing this alleged FEMA camp why does it not run along Garstand and Cincinnati Streets which border much more of the facility then Emerson?

I can answer this, because directly north of the parking lot there is a long line of passenger train cars sitting stationary there between the road and the maintenance barns.

This train hasn't moved in months. There is no need for a fence to be built, the train blocks all views to the barns from that angle.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
This train hasn't moved in months. There is no need for a fence to be built, the train blocks all views to the barns from that angle.

What about the rest of Garstrand and Cincinnati Streets? There obviously has to be a means of egress for all the employees whose cars are in your photograph.

Edit to add: I just utilized the Google Maps Street View and was able to look directly in to the repair facility from Emerson Avenue after the high wall ends (which does not appear to be eight feet tall in this view). It does not extend the entire length of the road and is even lower across from the entrance of the repair shops.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Those roads are not true West/East roads, they turn to the north(east) about the place that the railcars end and obstruct the views. I drove it several times Monday, the ONLY place that the railcars break are the main gate, and all that one can see through that point is the side of the building, it has several union badges on the building.

True, the wall does go down to street-level at the northernmost point of it, and at this point you cannot get a good view because of the angle. Believe me, I searched and searched for a good place to shoot some pictures. However, after reading that they will permit tours if you claim you are a train fan I'm encouraged that a few of us can get together for a "front row" inspection.

Who wants to get with me to set up something?

[edit on 30-9-2008 by NOTurTypical]

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sadly I do not live in your area otherwise I would take you up on that offer. Perhaps you should contact the members of the clubs that toured it recently, maybe they can provide you with further information or more detailed photographs of the grounds and interior.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Great, thanks a bunch.

Anyone else's comments are welcome as well.

Take the tour..it's pretty neat.
www.trainweb.org...
Amtrak Beech Grove Shop Tour 4/13/07

this fella still works there and was tapped to speak at the DNC.
www.indystar.com.../20080821/NEWS0502/808210498
August 21, 2008

and another one on funding ..

www.hoosierpoliticalreport.com...

RELEASE: Barnes, Sullivan call for increased Amtrak funding (HD89, HD97) on July 18, 2008 12:47 PM | Permalink
Barnes, Sullivan call for increased Amtrak funding
House candidates committed to preserving jobs, improving mass transit

INDIANAPOLIS - John Barnes and Mary Ann Sullivan, the respective Democratic candidates for House Districts 89 and 97, today joined U.S. Sen. Evan Bayh in calling for increased Amtrak funding at the federal level to help protect workers who live and work in their districts.

Bayh and U.S. Sen. Gordon Smith (R-OR) recently urged key lawmakers to appropriate $1.8 billion for Amtrak to maintain its current rail operations and increase intercity rail services throughout the nation.

Amtrak's Beech Grove maintenance facility currently employs more than 400 Hoosiers.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Edited to remove double post.

I hope.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by Pauligirl]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Thanks so much for those new photos! You didn't by any chance see what they used to cover the windows, did you? Are they metal shutter-like materials or truly bricked up? And yes, I zoomed up and saw the helicopter sock. I appreciate you going back over there to take more photos.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Lets not get what I am saying twisted here. Do I work for the government? Yes do I trust the government that would be a resounding NO! Not as far as I can throw G.W.B and believe me according to my last pt test that would not be far at all. But they do pay the bills and provide housing and medical. I just don’t think these cars are being used to transport people. My opinioun and I am entitled to it.

Now let me say this once and for all. If for one second I saw or heard anything that went against my morals or the army's way a base human should be treated, and believe me it is often better than we get treated. I would stop the action right than and there I would not nor will I ever stand for any form of mistreatment of a human! Nor would any number of the fine people I work with here or in the states. I don’t care what your in for child molestation rape or steeling a peace of candy form a baby to jay walking I teat every one the same fair but firm I am not here to add to your punishment being in jail is enough I think.

Now the rail cars come on now yes they could be used to transport humans like I have said but could regular rail cars. Why do these rail cars have to be the ones? Why not regular rail cars? And where is the place for the guards to sit inside these cars because I know if I am going to stuff 50+ people in to a car they will try there best to ether get off the train or derail it I know I would.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

And no amount of proof will convince them (even if you got pictures of people being rounded up and dropped off at the door of these camps) they would shoot it down as BS ..they would say pictures can be doctored etc etc ...

Nope let me say for your edification Simplynoone, I would defiantly believe you if you could produce pics of armed guards and people behind the wire just so you know I am not as stupid as some of the dullards that have posted on this topic would have you believe, I am not a mindless drone I can and do think for myself.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by SPC_D]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
[edit on 30-9-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

My new question to you Sir is can you get right up to the fence and take photos? I noticed cars parked in the parking lot. Which I do admit is strange for an abandoned building. Hey better yet can you get inside? I doubt you can still it would be neat to get pics from the inside. Than we would know once and for all whether or not this is something to worry about + it would be nice to get a closer look at the cars and what is covering the windows. Oh do the cars have government tags? Like the GSA cars do? or are there military stickers in the frount windows of the cars?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101

CUT...
People never want to believe the obvious. For years people have been saying that the government is electronically torturing them and some people are being monitored 24/7 already, by legions of Citizen Informants, in almost every country you can think of, but people still do not want to believe.

The exact conditions exist now that existed in East Germany for the collapse of this society. People are horrified and don't want to believe it, but more importantly they don't know what to do about it.

Also if they did declear a governmental marshall law, what laws do you think they will push through? What makes you think this isn't staged, so they can push through bills that they intended to. The panic and then the inablity to read the bills before voting on them, makes everyone sitting ducks. It's all mapped out. If a fails, go to plan b.

The "people" are the "Citizen Informants". You would be surprised at how easy it is to "target" individuals by a very diverse group of Gang Stalkers. The very nature of a PSYOP is to make enemies of friendlies, maintain current enemies as enemies, and convert neutrals to enemies. The only way to not become a "Citizen Informant Stasi" is to "trust no one". If you listen to a PSYOP and are fooled then you are a part of the problem. There are no "excuses". Unfortunately everyone has their system of "beliefs". It doesn't take much to convince someone that an "enemy of the state" is your enemy. All you have to do is know the person that you want to use and tell them exactly what you know will enrage/offend them. Lies, gossip... twisting of facts all are in the bag of tricks by those who rule by any means necessary. China, Russia, Chile, etc... all nations "purge" their slaves of "problems". The USA is ready to do the same.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by KOGDOG]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The wall was built as part of an improvements project to help with the flooding after heavy rains. It starts at the north end and gradually rise, peaking after the gate then goes down in sections as you go south if I recall correctly.

As a side note, where did the "Master List" of FEMA camps come from and how was it vetted? After reading it and the reasons why some places were listed, it seems to me that hundreds of thousands of places could be detention camps. So why is that list accepted as accurate?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by BadgerJoe]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

These cars are simply Auto-racks, rail cars used specifically to house and transport automobiles from automotive plants to regional distribution centers to a dealership near you. As a veteran employee of Mo-Pac (Missouri Pacific) and Union Pacific Railroad I can assure you that this is the case. These cars are commonly converted to flat-bed cars to carry shipping containers as well. Nothing out of the ordinary here folks! Prison cars or "con-racks" are well ventilated corrugated steel cars usually with pluming and officer stations installed. Most prison transports where discontinued or obsolete by the end of the 60's. From my knowledge a majority of them where either scrapped or converted to flat-bed carriers for intermodal use. Thank you, Roger M.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join