It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone define what God is?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep
God the all mighty (that which is known as ) is the mass human consciousness this is the oneness ..that acts as a whole

Kind of like a shoal of fish ...each fish is individual yet they are all moved by the influence of the greater need

The Holy ghost is (that which is unknown) ..the unknowable

The knowing that knows it cannot know

The two forks or the two branches of the same tree

The tree itself ......is actually ignorant of itself

It is with out reflection it is neither alive nor dead ..neither the neither of neither ..infinite boundlessness

The Divine Being of itself ....is actually to be that
and in order to be that ...then you would be with out reflection
for there is only one "I" in the universe

I do not know when "I am" divinely being .. (one with all)
I can only know when I am not being it

If that makes any sense

In otherwords ...(God) The Divine being is ignorant of itself

thats why if you meet the buddha along the way ...you kill it

for it is not that which is looked for ...
for it is beyond even the imagination of our human mind
and it is not nothing neither

Hi xsheep,

Welcome to the thread too,

A very good contribution toward finding the Knowledge of Truth.

All is made from the opposites and is of the opposites.

Knowing and Unknowing.

The All...

It is the rediscovery of The All that is the joy of Life.

In rediscovery, we find ourselves and then know our root.

There is an old writing that says.....

"Man Know Thy Self."

"If you will Not Know yourselves then You are that Poverty!"

So I believe that all of humankind, should join us here and re-look for the Truth together.

Once again thank you for your valued contribution...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Hi again Unlimitedpossibilities,

Excellent contribution it makes one wonder were this will go...

Maybe, just maybe we have a better chance, of finding the Truth, than we gave ourselves credit for.

Yes you could be right it does sound a little insane, LOL, but remember that All is made from the opposites so we must learn to accept the opposites and see the picture as a whole and Not just look at any one part....

Again a good contribution...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Jesus gives a good description.

The Savior said: "He Who Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world until now, except he alone, and anyone to whom he wants to make revelation through him who is from First Light. From now on, I am the Great Savior. For he is immortal and eternal. Now he is eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. Since no one rules over him, he has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another."

"And he has a semblance of his own - not like what you have seen and received, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the universe. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. Since it is infinite, he is ever incomprehensible. He is imperishable and has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is eternal. He is blessed. While he is not known, he ever knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishability blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'".

The Sophia of Jesus Christ.
www.gnosis.org...

LUCID.

I believe everything is a projection of God's imagination. I think we are dream characters in God's dream world. So what is God? I would say God is the dreamer and existence is the dream

As good as Jesus' description is,i like this one better

[edit on 26-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Greetings jakyll,

Welcome to the Thread,

This is an excellent contribution from you too.

Have you read "The Thunder Perfect Mind"?

If you find the time read this also and pass on your thoughts.

It is from the same library.

I see you are looking for The Truth.

I guess you have read The Gospel of Thomas (Not in the Bible)???

Once again thank you for your Contribution....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Venit

Hi Venit,

Greetings...

Thank you for your contribution too.

It reminds us to be careful...

But if there is only One then we must be a part of the One, like droplets of the Lake so if we are Not of The One we could be in trouble I would Not want to be seen as a disease in The One...

But I don't think this can be the case as we all of us including you and me are here....

Jesus said "I shall become You and You shall become Me"

in another place it is said [Jesus said "it is as the poets of old have written "Ye are Gods"]

I think there can only be One, otherwise it would be all out war, and as it is written. "A City divided against its self shall Fall"

So I hope I am part of The All otherwise I am Not here now and that is difficult for me to understand.

But anyway your contribution is also valuable in finding The Truth....

I should not be making statements, but rather listening to what everyone has to say....

But I think others are able to understand my little part in seeking The Truth...

All is made from the Opposites.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
reply to post by prevenge

Welcome to the thread...

I can't argue against this concept.

How do we define Consciousness and where is it, in The All?

that witch to whatever degree, has the ability to actually recognize that it exists, and reflect upon that fact.

-

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Hi prevenge,

Excellent comment...

Now let us try and understand, what this Consciousness actually is, where it is, and how it works and maybe just maybe it will lead us closer to understand and the knowledge of Truth...

I look forward to your thoughts and inspiration...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It can't be known by the mind. Mind is only an appearance. It's like an eyeball that sees everything but can't see itself. It could be called presence/awareness for lack of any better description.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

Hi WEOPPOSEDECEPTION...

Welcome to the thread...

What you say is Correct.... bbut...

Yes there is always that "but" even in response to my own writings... LOL

According to the writings of the Greeks, which I am lead to believe, can be traced back to the time of Plato, there is some Lost information about the Soul, that can still be found in the writings, but requires some hard work to establish the correct understanding...

The soul has a component in it, called "The Man Child"

It is written in the ancient text [ Jesus said.. "I am a Mirror to them that Know Me, See yourself in Me."

The Man Child, or as it is spelt in the Ionic Greek language:-

"Iota, Nu, Iota, Sigma" INIS (Where the Greek "Sigma" is used instead of written as a S) translated into English means "a Male Child" The word male can mean the "Inner Component" where the "Outer component" is female...

The Man Child is a Component of The Soul and is in the Underside. It is through this structure that all things extend through or from depending on your perspective.

Iota Sigma, [ IS ] (S as Sigma) was also known as the Beta.

The Letter Sigma, comes from a font that is a bit like the shape of an hour glass. As in the Digama in Greek. (Made of Two Sigma)

This is according to ancient knowledge...

The Man Child was Created in order for The True Mind to View its Self in.

This again is This is according to ancient knowledge...

But Your Comments are a good contribution, as it provokes further discussion that will lead to the discovery of The Truth...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Can anyone define what God is?

My answer:

God is a man made myth

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Jesus gives a good description.

I had never heard or read that. Thanks for posting!

My interpretation is saying those words work against the modern translations of Christianity.

It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. Since it is infinite, he is ever incomprehensible.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Niobis]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Real important item to be shared in discussion so I commend them that have partaken in this subject for it is what each soul person's right to believe what they do.

My soul and spirit have both seen the Light of God for all my pains have been cared to by his creations that do not have that special piece inside that may get to go back that easy. I am saying that angels are his also but to serve him and to aid us in trials on this earth we all live.

I once was an non-knowing being I would say until I did see the battle between two forces but with only one origin that being the Light.

God is Light it is said in the Word.

Our choice is to serve God with our own heart know that all that is good comes from God.

Satan was made to be the angel of Light and given office above all other angels in Heaven. He hates us humans for God made us to be his children with our gift of eternity if we have faith in God and his son.

I do not expect anyone to listen to this posting but it is from all of my being of 56 years on earth. I know where we are going for I was shown it.

It has been many years since I made my stand for the freedom to believe as one learns to be the Truth.

I was in Viet Nam many years ago when God got very close to me when I should have been dead. Before I was out of the service the Light touched my soul, heart and spirit.

This all led to seeing what all these CERN people are using so much resources of the world so they may see the face of God.

Excuse me but it can't be right to continue on this course.

It shall destroy itself before then even see that which I have and have many times offered to use for the creation of energy safely.

I just hope in my spirit that many people seek this God for he is a part of Everything there is in this Universe, dimension or whatever.

Thus each person has their own piece of God with in....is this hard to see?

I do pray that God be with us as a nation so we may be used as a good country to aid those from harm from the evil that runs around almost unchecked at times.

May the Light be with you all. Your fellow human being in life given us freely.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Real important item to be shared in discussion so I commend them that have partaken in this subject for it is what each soul person's right to believe what they do.

My soul and spirit have both seen the Light of God for all my pains have been cared to by his creations that do not have that special piece inside that may get to go back that easy. I am saying that angels are his also but to serve him and to aid us in trials on this earth we all live.

I once was an non-knowing being I would say until I did see the battle between two forces but with only one origin that being the Light.

God is Light it is said in the Word.

Our choice is to serve God with our own heart know that all that is good comes from God.

Satan was made to be the angel of Light and given office above all other angels in Heaven. He hates us humans for God made us to be his children with our gift of eternity if we have faith in God and his son.

I do not expect anyone to listen to this posting but it is from all of my being of 56 years on earth. I know where we are going for I was shown it.

It has been many years since I made my stand for the freedom to believe as one learns to be the Truth.

I was in Viet Nam many years ago when God got very close to me when I should have been dead. Before I was out of the service the Light touched my soul, heart and spirit.

This all led to seeing what all these CERN people are using so much resources of the world so they may see the face of God.

Excuse me but it can't be right to continue on this course.

It shall destroy itself before then even see that which I have and have many times offered to use for the creation of energy safely.

I just hope in my spirit that many people seek this God for he is a part of Everything there is in this Universe, dimension or whatever.

Thus each person has their own piece of God with in....is this hard to see?

I do pray that God be with us as a nation so we may be used as a good country to aid those from harm from the evil that runs around almost unchecked at times.

May the Light be with you all. Your fellow human being in life given us freely.

Please over look my post being done twice. Why it happened I don't know.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Light2u]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
God is consciousness.

Religion is the interpretation of consciousness. Different religions - different interpretations but of the one same thing.

One God-

One Consciousness;

Of which we are all a part of.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think the answer is simple. God is undefinable.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

God is omnipotent; God is omnipresent...

This means, God is everything, and everywhere...

Of course, being an atheist means that I hate everything, everyone, and everyplace

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aspie

Hi there Aspie...

Welcome...

Yes your statement may be true, but where did humankind get this myth from as humankind can not create anything and are certainly not in control or do they just enjoy pain and suffering.

I see No human creating Future Time, not even one minute ahead for us to experience.

If the future is Not there your Universe will turn to nothing again.

You can't go forward in time if there is Not already a place to go to...

If the future was Not there then there would be No Time...

Unless You know what is creating time and if you do I am willing to listen to your thoughts.

But anyway, your input is most welcome, as we need stimulation from All sides.

It is Not my intention to create argument on this thread, but to keep a discussion going so all of us including myself, may in time discover the Truth or draw closer to The Knowledge of The Truth...

Hope you will stay for the ride as you never know where Life will take us...

Trust in The Life that is in You, and have the courage to explore the possibilities...

It is Not my place to prove anything at all, but rather to listen to others and maybe, just maybe, we can all progress closer to the Truth no Matter what the Truth may be.

Without Truth there is No discovery of the Real Self.

Give me your thoughts and let us see where they take us.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Genesis says: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Notice there is nothing "before" that point. No God "thinking about" creating a cosmos... So God is the big bang... plus a mind (ours). It seems that God is the singularity of spacetime.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Hi PhotonEffect...

Welcome to the Thread...

Yes this is correct.....

Thank you for your valued input...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join