It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone define what God is?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Hey there.

Haven't read "The Thunder Perfect Mind" but i have read the Gospel Of Thomas and all the other scriptures that were once part of the bible.I'm always reccomending them to other people as some are just amazing.

I remember reading a fantasy novel years ago and God,heaven and hell where all what you perceived them to be;so everyone would experience them in different ways.If you think of God in the traditional way;a man with a long white beard and flowing robes,then that is how you would see him.If you think of God as an androgenous being,then that is what you would see...and so on.We cannot define what has never been seen,so we create an image,we project our idea onto the Divine...

Was a good book,but for the life of me i can't remember what its called.

If you go from what was in my 1st post,Jesus explains the origin of life.

The perfect Savior said: "Come (you) from invisible things to the end of those that are visible, and the very emanation of Thought will reveal to you how faith in those things that are not visible was found in those that are visible, those that belong to Unbegotten Father....

"The Lord of the Universe is not called 'Father', but 'Forefather', the beginning of those that will appear, but he (the Lord) is the beginningless Forefather. Seeing himself within himself in a mirror, he appeared resembling himself, but his likeness appeared as Divine Self-Father, and Confronter over the Confronted ones, First Existent Unbegotten Father. He is indeed of equal age the Light that is before him, but he is not equal to him in power.

"And afterward was revealed a whole multitude of confronting, self-begotten ones, equal in age and power, being in glory (and) without number, whose race is called 'The Generation over Whom There Is No Kingdom' from the one in whom you yourselves have appeared from these men. And that whole multitude over which there is no kingdom is called 'Sons of Unbegotten Father, God, Savior, Son of God,' whose likeness is with you. Now he is the unknowable, who is full of ever-imperishable glory and ineffable joy. They all are at rest in him, ever rejoicing in ineffable joy in his unchanging glory and measureless jubilation; this was never heard or known among all the aeons and their worlds until now."

The perfect Savior said: "I want you to know that he who appeared before the universe in infinity, Self-grown, Self-constructed Father, being full of shining light and ineffable, in the beginning, when he decided to have his likeness become a great power, immediately the principle (or beginning) of that Light appeared as Immortal Androgynous Man, that through that Immortal Androgynous Man they might attain their salvation and awake from forgetfulness through the interpreter who was sent, who is with you until the end of the poverty of the robbers.

"And his consort is the Great Sophia, who from the first was destined in him for union by Self-begotten Father, from Immortal Man, who appeared as First and divinity and kingdom, for the Father, who is called 'Man, Self-Father', revealed this. And he created a great aeon, whose name is 'Ogdoad', for his own majesty.

"First Man has his unique mind, within, and thought - just as he is it (thought) - (and) considering, reflecting, rationality, power. All the attributes that exist are perfect and immortal. In respect to imperishableness, they are indeed equal. (But) in respect to power, they are different, like the difference between father and son and thought, and the thought and the remainder. As I said earlier, among the things that were created, the monad is first.

"And after everything, all that was revealed appeared from his power. And from what was created, all that was fashioned appeared; from what was fashioned appeared what was formed; from what was formed, what was named. Thus came the difference among the unbegotten ones from beginning to end..."

The Holy One said to him: "I want you to know that First Man is called 'Begetter, Self-perfected Mind'. He reflected with Great Sophia, his consort, and revealed his first-begotten, androgynous son. His male name is designated 'First Begetter, Son of God', his female name, 'First Begettress Sophia, Mother of the Universe'. Some call her 'Love'. Now First-begotten is called 'Christ'. Since he has authority from his father, he created a multitude of angels without number for retinue from Spirit and Light."

www.gnosis.org...

[edit on 27-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Hi jpm1602,

Now isn't that the truth?

When humankind fully understand the workings then many things will change in the world, for all.....

It is written "Love your neighbour as thy Self.....

Not Like thy Self....

This is because we are the One.

Our neighbours are us and we are them. No one can be separate from The One.

Unless you cane leave the All and that too is unable to be done by any human primate...

So when we love others, we love our selves and if we love The One we Love the One that brought all into being...

When The "Inside" is fashioned like The "Outside" and the Outside like The "Inside" then we become One...

In the day that The Two become One what shall you do?

In the End Love always succeeds...

Yes your contribution is timely and valued in reminding us of this...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Hi

Now isn't that funny, I guess I have seen this before too.

I wonder why?

I guess we are The One.

In the end Not One Child, Mother or Father is Lost out of The One as The One can Not Fail.

All comes from The True Mind or Life or Consciousness there is No other besides The All.

All extended from Life and All shall return to Life, no matter what the judgement or beliefs of human primates...

It is humanities unbelief and insecurity, that says Life shall fail and Not be able to save or retain the All.

If Life Loses even one Little one it has failed but Life brings All unto its self...

Dust to Dust ashes to ashes but humankind often rejects Life to Life....

As All has been from the beginning as All is of The One...

When One has been in the Light of The Life of God we all become aware of this Truth, as you have experienced...

Thank you for your Valuable contribution...

Peace be with you.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Hi Unlimitedpossibilities

Please accept my humble apologies, as I have indeed, put the wrong Name on this one, I hope you will forgive me, as I was entirely Wrong

Quote from your last letter:- "I do not think I said anything about drugs. Did you reply to the wrong person? Please edit that if you can...thanks"

The name should have been I believe, "JimBeam"...

Sorry to both of You, for the mix-up....

I guess it was getting past my bed time, as it was about 3.00 am here, when I turned in... A very Long day for me...

But this is no excuse I know and I will do my very best to prevent this happening again.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

Hi Hollywood11,

Welcome to the Thread...

Man I have more reading to do but I will do my best to make time to go through these articles...

When I have, I will get back to you if I have any comments, even if it is to say I have read them for you...

Thank you for your input and I hope you may Quote from your readings on Metaphysics...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Hi KOGDOG,

Welcome to the thread....

I am lead to believe there is a Difference between The Lord God and God can you give us all, your thoughts on this please?

Thank you for your valuable input, as it raises other questions that need answering too.

Hope you will go along with us for the ride...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Great find/post. I always love looking at Jesus' words from the view of philosophy rather than focusing on the religious dogmas.

Many thanks.

Funny,i was just saying that this thread has a philisophical feel to it.I'm more into that than dogma.

To me dogma is rigid and unchanging,philosophy flows and is adaptable even while remaining constant.

Which sounds like a contradiction,i know,lol.But what i mean is that the core beliefs are constant but the knowledge around it is fluid.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Hi Unlimitedpossibilities

Please accept my humble apologies, as I have indeed, put the wrong Name on this one, I hope you will forgive me, as I was entirely Wrong

Quote from your last letter:- "I do not think I said anything about drugs. Did you reply to the wrong person? Please edit that if you can...thanks"

The name should have been I believe, "JimBeam"...

Sorry to both of You, for the mix-up....

I guess it was getting past my bed time, as it was about 3.00 am here, when I turned in... A very Long day for me...

But this is no excuse I know and I will do my very best to prevent this happening again.

Yeah, I thought it was directed at me but I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't respond.

I'm not really into drugs at all. I did go through a faze of smoking weed a lot which lasted a few years, but I don't do so any more. I do drink, of course, hence my name.

It's really hard to explain that experience I had on the putt putt greens that day. I know a lot of people will laugh it off, but that's ok.

In that split second, right before I struck the ball, I knew that there was no way possible the ball wasn't going into the hole. I didn't see the ball going into the hole before I struck it, but I was shown something that made me aware that it was. Like I said before it was like a flash of perfection and is something that is unexplainable. So from my experience, it's not possible to define "god" or a "god" experience. I think you can guide people towards the light, truth, "god", it, etc., but you can't define it for them.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Cool post.Starred.

Reminded me of some quotes.

"God is like a mirror.The mirror never changes,but everybody who looks at it sees something different."
Rabbi Harold Kushner.

"There are two ways of spreading light:to be the candle
or the mirror that reflects it."
Edith Wharton.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JimBeam

Thank you for your understanding,

The Identifying of God is more a communication problem, rather than what people believe or even what they don't believe what God may be or Not be....

According to The Book of John in the bible, as I noted earlier on, there are two things when identifying God.

There is the "Word" of God and The "Life" of God, but it is said that the "Word" was God, but it says that in Him, that is God, there was "Life" which was The "Light" of Man. So it may appear that there are in fact two components.

( Yes You can say both are God but all is of God but we are trying to find "What God Is" )

This text was originally a Greek text and in Greek the word used for Light was Phos in Greek. Phos translated means Light as in Sun Light...

Phos does Not mean Understanding as it can mean in the English word Light ie to make Light or understanding of something.

In the book of The Genesis it says in the beginning was Darkness and Not God but here there appears to be two beginnings but this is Not a problem as One may be the beginning of The All and the other the beginning of Creation...

What do you Think?

But as in The Book of John it shows Two Components ...

1. The Word
2. Life or Light of Man....

So we have to find out what The Word is first.

Well that is easy the Word is G,O,D. as in God.....

But that does Not portray much or Does it?

We know the original language was Not English, Latin, Hebrew or even Greek or IONic Greek but was in Fact ZIONic or The Language of Zion which incidentally is Not of Earth but of ZION.

The Knowledge of The Written Language was taken when the Jews were taken into exile by the Babylonians according to the Books of Ezra...

The Bones of The Scribes and Priests were burnt on the Altars...

So why Kill of the Scribes of The Temple???

Yes Indeed Why???

To get rid of The knowledge of The ZIONic Language perhaps???

Pehaps, what is your thoughts on this?

There are many places on Earth named after The Components of ZION but they are Not ZION...

It is Written of Old "Woe unto them that call themselves Jews and are Not!"

The people on Earth took the Name "Jew" From ZION...

ZION has nothing at all to do with Human Primates.

ZION has to do with the "Creation Machine" if you can call it a machine.

I prefer Not to call it a machine, but calling it this, I guess, is OK to some and Not to others.

But humankind is yet to Learn and understand Living Machines....

ZION is actually a Component, in All the Souls.

But what is a Soul?

But the Question about what The Soul is, I will bring up again at a later stage...

The Closest we can find to the original ZIONic Language, is IONic Greek....

The IONic Written Language I understand came from out of The ZIONic Language, which was a "Geometric" Language used in the workings, of your environment or Universe that you are aware of today...

To find the Interpretation of The Word in ZIONic we have to "back engineer" in a peculiar way...

But more on this Latter on....

The second thing we have to look at is what actually is Life if taken from the Greek sense of the word "Phos"?

I still think your contribution was a very interesting one, as you will find out latter on in threads to come.

I am not trying to set things in concrete here, but merely stimulate some input of thought to further explore for the Truth...

After all I am only another droplet of the Lake and hopefully discovering more myself.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Really. Its no big deal. I just wanted to make sure.
For such a benevolent attitude I will befriend you. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

Great find/post. I always love looking at Jesus' words from the view of philosophy rather than focusing on the religious dogmas.

Many thanks.

Funny,i was just saying that this thread has a philisophical feel to it.I'm more into that than dogma.

To me dogma is rigid and unchanging,philosophy flows and is adaptable even while remaining constant.

Which sounds like a contradiction,i know,lol.But what i mean is that the core beliefs are constant but the knowledge around it is fluid.

Maybe you can add continuous to that as well, or maybe in place of constant. Philosophy should be taught in high school rather than waiting till college.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The intention of this thread, is not to argue over our understanding of the scriptures, but rather to stimulate others, in Love and patience and together come to know our real selves.

It was Jesus that said "Man Know thy Self" If you will Not know yourselves you are that poverty"...

Jesus also said "Let Not you put your trust in any man, but in The Father only".

Jesus also said "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees and hypocrites"....
Your thoughts would be appreciated with the reference to the Scribes.

Thank you one again for the choice of Scripture, as all scripture is profitable to man.

Hello Matirx and thank you for your heart felt words, many blessings to you and your family.

Let me say that I believe you couldn't of hit the nail on the head (no pun intended) more then to quote Jesus who's name is actually a meaning and therefore blankets all men, the name which is "self existent is salvation". The words you quoted from him fit his name to a T(pun intended), so it makes complete sense in this regard "Know thyself".

In reference to the scribes, I must first start with the Pharisees, only to show the relevance of them being spoken about together. We think of the Pharisees exactly how church and the movies have taught us to think...Religious men walking around with there nose in the air who are self righteous, which is a truth, but there is more. Pharisee comes from paw-rash and means "to separate, literally(to disperse) or figuratively(to specify). Some may recognize Parish. This stems from paw-rash. They were "religious nuts". They didn't listen to secular music, they only went to church functions where they would be recognized and given priority, they abhorred the homeless, they were separatists. They also used the law to convict at the twisting of the meanings in the law and the pay off of the scribes as they were paid per character of transcription.

The scribes were given "woe" as they are the translators of the words in these documents and the holders of them. The Greek and Hebrew languages are far more complex at delivering messages, as one word in either language can have up to and above 50 different meanings, with one to English. Thus it was important for oral tradition and passing on the "spirit of the word". The Hebrew scrolls do not contain punctuation, as it is up the the reader to punctuate as the spirit led him.

It is like the difference between eating a t.v. dinner or having a "thanks giving feast" in content and meaning to the individual. The meanings of things are very important to understanding anything. None of the meanings of things were translated in the bible (yet the spirit held them at bay as to make them translate key words, so to give them a way out, such as Golgatha, Peter, Emmanuel, etc...) and without the meanings all we have is a "story" which can change as it goes around the circle so that it has nothing to do with the original by the time it has finished. One I find amusing is Moses. Moses means "Drawn out". You know what Museum means? MOSES. "All of the artifacts were ok, except we dropped a few stone tablets and they broke"...opps

The truth is that the word is with each and every person. The true word is not written in pages and after it is spoken to you, nothing else makes any sense. Anything that can burn, is ready for the fire. The true word is spoken in your ears and revealed by the God of Heaven. Those who are not in need of hearing from the spirit are already healed and this is why it is said "Those with ears to hear". Do people know that to "not work on the sabbath" means "do not evangelize" specifically? On the true Sabbath, "no one will say know God, for I will dwell in their midst".

Every word from the mouth of God shall be fulfilled, because out of our own mouths do we judge ourselves and in such way God is perfect.

Please forgive me for not listing verses, but to be honest...I don't know them, just their message and that which the spirit has spoken to me.

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Like your answer...
Of course that passage is plagiarized from the Egyptian Creation Legend, in which Ptah creates the Universe throw Verb...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Another question.

Can anyone define what reality is? Sounds simple, but is it?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

But if he is Omnipotent and Omnipresent, as christianity claims. then he is also bad, evil, hateful, vengeful; in essence, he is Christ and the Devil in one singular entity...(or does he just suffer from schizophrenia?)

On a more serious note, if such an entity existed how would we, mere humans, even begin to understand it's nature?

Of course, we can always count on our universal sized arrogance...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Hi letthereaderunderstand,

Thank you so much for your valued contribution...

Excellent words of Wisdom...

I enjoyed what you had to say.

I found it most profitable for understanding.

I look forward to future comments from you and hope others will feel the same.

Peace be with you and your family...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Hi Phoenix,

Welcome to the thread,

Now that's an interesting question!!!

One which I was going to ask in a future thread, you got in before me, but I think this is the time, to look at this Question too...

But let's see what people have got to say while I take time to breath and look into it myself a little more...

Thank you for your worthwhile and important contribution.

What are your thoughts on the word "reality"?

I think at this stage we should take a look at this obscure word "Reality"!

Could be Interesting????

[edit on 28-9-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

Hi NorthWolfe,

Perhaps it is The Inner True Mind that needs to Understand as a Primate has no chance at all.

After all The Inner True Mind came From The Outer True Mind and it is The Inner Mind that needs to rediscover its Self again.

It is The Inner Mind that is The Child of The True Mind...

It is written "He how has found the world has only found a corpse and he who has found a corpse is superior to the World."

In another writing "He who has come to understand the World has only found a corpse and he who has found corpse is superior to the World!"

This text comes from The Gospel of Thomas...

What is your thoughts on this

Thank you for your input as it helps us to define the parts of our selves.

Or differentiate between that which is living and that which is Not alive...

I understand from the above, The flesh has the breath of Life which is air, but The Inner True Mind is Living.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I was invited to my neighbors 75th birthday party last night. I asked for everyone's attention briefly and made about a 1.5 minute speach of the old leatherneck who has helped me and countless others over the last 16 yrs.

He is a retired school teacher, as is his wife. He could also put 'this old house guys' to shame with his compliment of equipment.

Jack and I cannot go into brooklyn without at least 4 or 5 old students come up to him.

I see the warmth and respect for a man who is loved by many.

I wish I could have gone down like that.

At 75, he could tear me apart like a banana.

But he has such a kind soul.

I truly wish there were more people in the world like him.

[edit on 9/28/2008 by jpm1602]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join