It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone define what God is?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Hi frezer...

Welcome to the thread...

So please express your reasons...

This thread is Not intended for arguing, but is here for every ones input to explore the possibilities...

Each and every person is a part of the One...

It is impossible to be isolated so let us jointly seek and find The Truth no matter what that truth may turn out to be.

Each persons input is Valuable and appreciated by me..

We are all in the same program or World and all have the same destiny, whether we like it or not, so let Not us divide ourselves, from one another but keep looking for The Truth until we find it....

It is not my place to judge, but rather learn from others, as I have learnt from Life....

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Just as a side note, your manner in discussions is the best I have seen on this website in my opinion. You are very respectful and welcome people to your thread as if you are welcoming them into your home. You do not perchance take any martial arts do you?

Back on Topic .....

When you refer to opposites, it seems you are alluding to existentialism.

Jesus said "I shall become You and You shall become Me"

in another place it is said [Jesus said "it is as the poets of old have written "Ye are Gods"]

I think there can only be One, otherwise it would be all out war, and as it is written. "A City divided against its self shall Fall"

Very nice find. I find the philosophy of Jesus was great for working towards a common goal of world peace. When one causes pain to another, the one causing the pain is also hurt as well. I take a martial arts called Aikido, and it has changed my life. Its philosophy generally is world peace. Also, as of this Fall in college, I am taking an Ancient philosophy course that deals with the philosopher Parmenides. His notions of the universe remind much of what David Icke has been preaching, and somewhat of what Jesus alludes to as well. Very intriguing to say the least.

BTW: I will be hopefully refining my argument soon to further the contribution.

reply to post by jakyll

Great find/post. I always love looking at Jesus' words from the view of philosophy rather than focusing on the religious dogmas.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Without reading any of the responses, I'll define what I think god is.

I saw "god" about 6 years on the putt putt in Las Vegas. Now the putt putt is the part of the golf course where you play an 18 hole course that is focuses on the greens. I'm not a golfer, but loved playing the putter greens, especially for money.

Anyway, the time I saw god was quite extraordinary. I was drunk and high(on weed) and playing with friends. I had an impossible shot to make. It was about 30 feet steep uphill and sloping to the left. A very, very awkward shot. I lined the ball up. I began to strike the ball. A split second right before I hit the ball, I SAW "IT". I saw perfection in that split second. I saw "god". I saw everything at once. I saw the beginning of time and the end. I saw the ball going in the hole without any doubt whatsoever.

The ball went in the hole to the amazement of my friends. It was a great experience that lasted for a split second, but I'll always remember it.

The "it" or "god" I experienced can only be explained this way. I can only explain it as a shot of light entering my head that has no time, just perfection. I don't no if that makes sense but that's the only way I can explain it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Hi again Unlimitedpossibilities

I have to confess, I am not a student of martial arts, and I guess I should be, but I believe that the door through martial arts, is a very healthy way to gain understanding of "The True Mind".

My wife practices Yoga and Tai Chi and I know I should myself, to keep this old body going for a little longer....LOL

Thank you for your comments, as I enjoy talking about such important subjects, that involve our lives.

When I talk to others I am talking to myself (The other end of Myself) and when I listen to Others I listen to The Other End of Myself.... LOL..

When we discover this a huge change takes place.

There is no greater joy in Life, than exploring as a child, looking at everything and listening to everything.

This is how The True Mind helps us, to discover our real selves again.

Because everything is of the opposites "The Outer" of the True Mind knows all, but "The Inner Mind" needs to rediscover it's self again, having come from the Greater One, or "The Out Side".

So the answers can be found in ourselves, "The Inside" of The Real Self...

As it is written "the Kingdom is both Inside Us and Outside Us"

I hope to hear more of your comments, as I really know so little of The All.

A droplet of water, is always smaller than the Lake, it is part of.

And the Lake is exceedingly Great...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Hi Unlimitedpossibilities...

Welcome to the Thread...

I know just how you feel, but I have never indulged in drugs...

But who am I to judge? Life or The True Mind has its reasons....

I know the American Indians in ancient times, were reported to have used a drug in the form of a Tea when trying to experience The True Mind.

But I prefer to Not to use such methods, but who am I to judge?

When the Program, that we are observing, is slowed down induced for whatever reason, from Within or from The Outside, the frames that produce the experience, also slow down and we experience unusual phenomena, to us is strange but in fact is quite normal to The Real Self and often causes us to ask questions, about what we really are and what we are really experiencing.

This is part of the behaviour that awakens our Inner Self, to rediscover the True Inner Mind...

Thank you for Your Valuable Input and I hope you will stay for the ride...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The manifesting of will and the cause to become perfect. It is apparent to me that some people have a very big misconception of perfect thinking it to be unknown to "God" to be mad (passion), to be vengful (anger), to kill as well as to love those not deemed "holy" by which every poitical party is calling the shots.

Perfect is just the root of the word Justice. We have a picture of the scales for this reason. I believe people don't realize all God wants you to do is to give life as he has given you life. Christ was revolutionary not because he died for your sins, but because he told you how to live, how that no king on the outside of you should overthrow the King inside of you. He was telling us how to be responsible for ourselves and also revealing that he is the "son of man...revealed who is manifested in the flesh, as he "goes forward to prepare a place for you (your spirit/your likeness)". This verse says the same thing, "therefore a man must leave his mother and father and "CLING" inside of the woman of him and the two become one flesh".

As every man is the temple of God, so God dwells in men thereby it is said, "Love the lord your God with all your heart and all of your mind and all of your body, and all of your soul and treat your neighbor as yourself", in doing so, we honor the father of heaven who is not in the sky, though he is everywhere, but in the heavens of our children and our childrens children, as "nothing is hidden since the beginning of the world", "and all of these things are just a shadow of things to come" we are the shadow of our children out stretched through eternity.

Christ came to warn those in danger of death, which was just as real as a threat that christ knew. Three times the spirit of God comes out of the body, who is the root of us all and know one knows who that is. It is at this death that the earth will swallow most of the land. Only the third is left, and this is the one who commits "the abomination of desolation", who proclaims they are god and top of the heap for God is the lowest, but also the Most high who ascends eternally. The one that is saying "eat and drink for tomorrow we die". The only sin is death...that's it. True faith moves mountains and causes the newborn feet proclaiming the good message, "The anointed is born...our salvation".... Jesus healed mostly children, for he cuts there days short for there sake.

That's my take...

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
To me. God is pure Love. He goes by many names in many cultures through out centuries.

God is good.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Hi letthereaderunderstand..

Welcome to the tread...

It is good to be reminded of scripture and the verification of Love, Faith, patience, and endurance...

The intention of this thread, is not to argue over our understanding of the scriptures, but rather to stimulate others, in Love and patience and together come to know our real selves.

It was Jesus that said "Man Know thy Self" If you will Not know yourselves you are that poverty"...

Jesus also said "Let Not you put your trust in any man, but in The Father only".

Jesus also said "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees and hypocrites"....

As you are well acquainted with the scriptures, you may be able to help with the understanding of these words...

Your thoughts would be appreciated with the reference to the Scribes.

Perhaps you may be able to contribute some profitable thought on this matter, for those who desire to know The Truth.

Thank you one again for the choice of Scripture, as all scripture is profitable to man.

Your guidance in this thread, I am sure will be respected by those who desire to discover The Truth...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Hi jpm1602,

Welcome to the thread...

Now your statement is True....

Hope to hear more from you.....

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Well, if there is some creator of this reality we live in, I couldn't begin to explain how it was done, why or who did it. Personally, I don't think it's possible for us to understand it. I think it would be like an ant trying to explain astrophysics. Sometimes I think what we termed as "the gods" were aliens who created us, but who created them? It hurts my brain to think how this universe could've started and the creation of it. What hurts more is thinking what lies beyond the universe...Surely it just doesn't end somewhere.

As far as the other questions, I believe we are a soul inside a physical body, but how that works is a mystery to me. I like to try an understand things from a scientific perspective, but obviously our science falls short to try explain things like this which are beyond our current understanding. Perhaps we will find the answer to all these questions one day, who knows, maybe you already have.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I firmly believe that a supreme being exists. The initial chemical reaction to create the world had to be done by this being. It did not happen by itself. Now the question that we have to ask ourselves is where does our soul go when we die?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
WoW.... there are some wonderful answers on this thread

I would like to have a go at answering this little riddle
because in my own experience ...everything is back to front

all reflections are the wrong way around

It is written in the ancient text [ Jesus said.. "I am a Mirror to them that Know Me, See yourself in Me."

the reflection of that which is "known as love" is seen within another ..

The mirror is a reflection of My self ...my love ...
my sense of being in love ..
And yes another can reflect this love right back .....

We love each other .....

There is one thing wrong with this being in love ....

and that is

When the mirror is removed ....
when that person that I love dies or leaves me

It is I "self" that suffer from my own attachment to this other love

To know "thy self"
is to know and understand that the very source of the reflection
of all the love that I see in the world

That source is my self ..."thy true self" .....

"so with in> so with out"

I cannot see that which I am not

Love does not leave me or die ....
for in the true understanding of love
"I am that" source ..that fountain .....
that very light of all the love that I see ....

And when I become truly one with another ....

when the two mirrors kiss .....Acknowledge each others light

There is no more reflection ..

two have become one .....

they simple merge into one and other

The reflection of time stands still and the two are lost in each other light

It also says some where in the bible ...

"when two or more are gathered in my name"

There "I am" ....

In my own experience ... It is possible to sense this sensation of love in it's purest divine being ...
to be that divine being ....
to sense the divine presence .....of oneness ...
to be lost with out reflection

Jesus said "I am a Mirror to them that Know Me, See yourself in Me."

The Christ light with in each other

The twinkle in anothers eye's ...the beauty of the beholder

The very core and essence of living breathing love ...
(or as some people like to call it ...God is love)

I do not know what love is ....call it what you like...

all I know is that I love it .....

that is the living breathing truth of god in existence

it is also the same love of the parent
that holds the new born child
with in it's own arms.....

I am holding my own self

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A beatles song comes to mind.

And in the end. The love you make. Is equal to the love you take.

Priceless.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
We all say God is the Creator of All things, But what actually is the Creator?

Over 3 and 1/2 years have passed since I was visited by the Lord.
What happened following that, was an abundance of overwhelming dreams.

The believer understands that dreams are an educational tool of the Lord. Consider Daniel, and a host of other instances in the Bible that use them for reference.

That being said, I once had a dream in which I am standing face to face in front of a youthful man.

As I looked at him, he said but one sentence:

" I am the Universe " and I awoke.

Joel 2:28
It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow. That just shanked me.

The old man and the sea. "he only dreams of the of the old lions now".

Not the maidens he once did.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
lol...

No one can agree on anything other than that those who believe in him call him their god. And even that can be debated.

So the asnwer is

No.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Hi Unlimitedpossibilities...

Welcome to the Thread...

I know just how you feel, but I have never indulged in drugs...

But who am I to judge? Life or The True Mind has its reasons....

I know the American Indians in ancient times, were reported to have used a drug in the form of a Tea when trying to experience The True Mind.

But I prefer to Not to use such methods, but who am I to judge?

When the Program, that we are observing, is slowed down induced for whatever reason, from Within or from The Outside, the frames that produce the experience, also slow down and we experience unusual phenomena, to us is strange but in fact is quite normal to The Real Self and often causes us to ask questions, about what we really are and what we are really experiencing.

This is part of the behaviour that awakens our Inner Self, to rediscover the True Inner Mind...

Thank you for Your Valuable Input and I hope you will stay for the ride...

I do not think I said anything about drugs. Did you reply to the wrong person? Please edit that if you can...thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The 2 best sources that actually explain God are here-
www.atlantis.to...

and here-
www.mysteriesofthemind.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Not wanting to simply list the Philosophy 101 big 3 O's definition of God... I will let my mind wander a bit.

God is holy. The laws that govern all things both material and spiritual are perfect/holy. God is all that is right/holy with this creation. God is love and discipline. God loves and interacts with the creation and His children. Whatever "works" is Holy. Final thought...

"Yahweh is a warrior!" So... The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join