It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone define what God is?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Every Human "Primate" has his or her own belief what God is, but can anyone give me a common Identity of God.

I know we all say what God is, according to each of our own beliefs.

We all say God is the Creator of All things, But what actually is the Creator?

Through my Research I have come to a conclusion, but I would like to hear from others what their beliefs are, regarding what God is, and not what God has done.

Can anyone Identify God?

It is Written that No one, knoweth the Father or the Son, save he that it is give for him to know.

So what is The Father, Our Father, The Father in me, What is The Son, What is God, What is the Holy Spirit, What is our Spirit and What is The Soul?

Yes there are a few questions here, but they need answering by Humankind.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
ALL

One which is all.

we are all of ONE conciousness.... EXPERIENCING ITSELF SUBJECTIVELY.

it's more than a bearded fairy tale guy in the sky who punishes.

he's all of us. and we experience each other.. or we experience OURSELF through each other.

and eventually sometime in eternity.. we'll all merge back into the origonal god that split to become us.

over and over .. a big bounce of infinite big bangs of conciousness realizing itself over and over .

-

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My answer is;
God is a scary, unknowable, creative force that exists in the universe. it is not a force of good or evil, it is simply a creative force akin to electromagnetism.
God is certainly not a white guy in the clouds with grey hair and a beard. We were certainly not "created" in it's image.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

You are looking in the wrong direction.
And you are asking the wrong people.
You already know the answer to this and every other question.
You just need to know where to look.
First clue, it is not outside of you.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Welcome to the thread schrodingers dog

I wonder if it is both inside of us and outside of us?

Or is it non dimensional?

But What is God ?

Not where is God.

I would like to know your thoughts on this...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Welcome to the thread...

I can't argue against this concept.

How do we define Consciousness and where is it, in The All?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by floppynoodleson666

Welcome to the thread floppynoodleson666....

Why do you say Quote:-

"God is a scary, unknowable"

Would you like to explain more?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I will explain more; even though it is really late and I should go to bed.

The following are my personal ideas about "god".
What ever "God" may be, it is the creative force behind the universe. it is in charge of nothing, but has determined everything. I have a very Lovecraftian view of the universe, so I conform to the fact that chaos is the only truth, and as simple beings, we imagine an order from the chaos. Chaos is creation and creation is chaos.
Even though I think of us as simple beings, I also think that, because we can pretend to make order out of chaos, we can imagine an entire world view which has power. This is why the concept of God frightens me. An individual can imagine what god is, and thus; it is, to that individual. This is also why "god" is essentially, unknowable. God is elastic, from individual to individual.
(PS I am tired so please do not rant at me for what I wrote; I am simply stating my opinion, thank you for reading it)

[edit on 26-9-2008 by floppynoodleson666]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
As time ticks by we move further and further away from God. Now we are so far away from God that we need proof.

God has become a sicense project. Based on human thoughts and experianse through time.

Have can ouer minde and skills ever produse facts about God ?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
One can define it, but none needs to believe in it

I guess it is already pretty well defined; God is everything - it is the force that binds the material together, it is the water that flows in the river and the wind that hums in the trees. It is the stars in the sky and your spirit witin your body. Where ever you may look, you see the trace of God, hidden deep within the everyday meanings and mundane conception.

Sincerely

-v

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
ineffable is the definition I have in my mind.

two lines

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Lets see. To define infinity is to.....

I am not sure if it is humanly possible

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Welcome to the thread Unlimitedpossibilities and thank you for your honest response..

I think if we try to express our thoughts on this it may help us to understand our rout.

it is written of old...

"Keep looking until you find it. When you shall find it you shall become troubled and when you become troubled you shall become amazed and when you become amazed you shall rule over The All."

I believe to rule is to serve.....

So let us try and define what God is, What Life is, What The Father is. What our Father is. What our Soul is etc and in doing so we may draw closer to the Truth.

I know we have been given power to know the Truth, if only we would just try and answer these questions and find what actually is, rather than make our own beliefs in satisfying our own selves, whether they be of so called science in the name of humankind, or beliefs to prevent us from finding the Truth and accept it no matter what we find.

So let us all find the courage to find the True answers, instead of arguing either way but explore our thoughts and just maybe, we will come to know the truth in time.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I believe everything is a projection of God's imagination. I think we are dream characters in God's dream world. So what is God? I would say God is the dreamer and existence is the dream

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I believe everything is a projection of God's imagination. I think we are dream characters in God's dream world. So what is God? I would say God is the dreamer and existence is the dream

Welcome to the thread Lucid Lunacy...

Now that's an interesting thought....

Can you expand a little on this?

Maybe you are on to something here????

But what is the make up, of the Dreamer?

What is The Dreamer?

Not who, but What The Dreamer actually is?

Ever read The Thunder Perfect Mind????

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

God is the unknown. That's it. Primitive humankind was running around, not able to make sense of the world, as the accumulated knowledge of early man was next to nothing. Their inquisitive minds needed answers, and all they could come up with was that there must be something or someone more clever than they who created everything they couldn't understand. And it just continued from there. People don't like not knowing. They prefer any explanation over none. Hence God.

There is a reason belief in God is diminishing as accumulated human knowledge increases. He is indeed the God of the gaps.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree... God is the unknown.

When primitive man looked across the plains at the rain, and heard the rolling thunder, he couldn't perceive natural causes for these events. The changing of day to night, the rainbow after a storm, the stars in the sky... these were all beyond his understanding.

So he invented a being greater than all of these things, which could act as the yet unknown cause to the observed effect.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiDrifter

I 100% agree with you. "I don't know" = "God".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I am not sure if it is humanly possible

I was quite exhausted when I wrote this (still am now actually), but now I see it was contradictory to my name. Although, if that is contradictory then I am in trouble; Thus, is it not a possibility for the human mind to conceive of something deemed "impossibly conceivable"? For if something is impossibly conceivable, then obviously one cannot conceive of that particular. Let me take the time to write a better argument, a sound one hopefully, in my next post.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

God is the unknown. That's it. Primitive humankind was running around, not able to make sense of the world, as the accumulated knowledge of early man was next to nothing. Their inquisitive minds needed answers, and all they could come up with was that there must be something or someone more clever than they who created everything they couldn't understand. And it just continued from there. People don't like not knowing. They prefer any explanation over none. Hence God.

There is a reason belief in God is diminishing as accumulated human knowledge increases. He is indeed the God of the gaps.

Hi Dave 420,
Welcome to the thread...

I like your analogy “God of the gaps”

“God is the unknown” this is true but All things come in pairs especially
opposites.
The opposite to “God is the unknown” is "God the Known", but of course
like all tree’s each of the pair of opposites are split into their opposites
as well...

Thus forming The Tree.

I am talking about the "Tree" as in like a "Directory Tree".

So now look at the Tree... You start somewhere in the Tree, in this case at the Location of the Word God...

God is Not necessarily the head of the Tree.

But let us start at The "Word" God anyway.

Imagine an inverted “Y”..
The Tree is formed from “Y”’s so on one leg of the tree, coming down from the location "God" we have "God The Known" and on the other leg we have "God The Unknown".

Now "God The Unknown" has another inverted “Y” below it...
"God The Unknown" can be split into two legs also.

Now this is the Start of a Logic Tree. On one leg we have Yes
and the Other No.

Now this is where the debate begins, depending on the path in the tree
you go down.

The same is in the other side of The Tree, extending down from The Word
“God” which is "God The Known"...

"God The Known" also splits into a pair, by The Inverted “Y” or Tree.

One Leg goes to "Yes" the other to "No" and this also starts another debate.

Why is it like this then?

It is because, Humankind or the "Human Primate" has Double Logic built into its DNA structure or Program.

DNA, is a Chemical Program, that controls the make up of the Human Primate.

So if all this is The Tree of The Primate, there must be another Tree, as these two trees are opposites and come from a single location, if we go up the tree or inverted “Y”s ie in the reducing direction.

So if The Human Primate is One Leg of tree, What is The Other Leg of The Tree?

And What Do these Two Legs of The Tree, come from?

If we search up the Tree or in other words in the reducing direction
of The Tree rather than in the expanding direction, we may in fact find The Truth.

The Two legs of the Tree, that reduce back into a single location, that is still
just a location in the tree and not the head of the Tree, we find at this
location the components, WORD and LIFE, (as in the Western Christian beliefs). So in order to understand This Location, we have to go back through the next "Y" and this is where the Human Primate comes to a Strong Wall.

The Wall is formed by The Human Primates fear, in case the Truth is different than his imagination according to their likes and dislikes!.

But if we contemplate this next location in the Tree, with courage and trust,
in our own conscious state then we can get closer to the truth of our roots.

So on One Leg of the Tree, we have “Life” and on the Other we have “Word” God.

Now to understand instead of just knowing the meaning of the word,
"Word" we first need to understand the word,Word correctly.

We should look at for what it is, and Not create Vain Philosophy about it.

A Word is made up of Letters...

Notice, it is a Word and Not Words.

The Letters of this word mentioned in the Book of John (First Chapter the Word was God), God and Not anything else.

No other letters, or words are added to the Word “God” but the Word
is just one of the Legs of the Tree at that Location.

The other Leg of The Tree is “Life”!

God is a part of The Tree, but What is The Tree?

So my question is....

What component is at the head of this stage or location of the Tree,
where the Word and Life come together?

Any thoughts on this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join