It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

I see no evidence of a hoax and I think pulling the audio off of 40 year old data reels is fascnating. If you wish to depart this thread, go ahead as I have no reason to keep you here.

There is no audio. The Lunar Orbiters spoke no known human language. The tapes contain video images of still photographs.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. X

Just a quick thought here and reply! Thanks Dr. X! You have brought alot of well needed info into this thread!
I know Zorgon you are getting alot of replies here and finding it tuff to respond to us all here.. You too keep up the good work!

I learned alot from Dr. X posts. Seems this person knows a thing or 2 about this subject.. Im glad you came in here and gave us you're knowledge.. Feel free to enlighten us with anything else you might know!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. X
Well, as it turns out, I am involved. What would you like clarified?

PS: It appears that here is another Dr. X on this system. However, I sign my posts as "~ Dr. X ~" so you can tell the difference.

Dagnabbit...
Too many posts to get to here

That answers a lot of questions...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Well, it appears that the big "D" is not too happy with the OP for posting, so I am told.

So when I can tell more I will. But until then I will just clarify things that are just plane incorrect. Assuming that's OK.

~ Dr. X ~

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am from small town America. If i may chime in:

1. Yes, i have seen an abandoned superstore. We have a WalMart that sits across from our new Wal Mart that is abandoned, and has been for a decade. Funny thing: McD's sits in the same parking lot as the abandoned Wal Mart. The KMart was just bought by a church to use as a new youth center and church. This town is 30k people, in the middle of the oil boom of west texas. we are not cash poor.

2. drive up the road to Pecos, Odessa, Lamesa...you can find places like the abandoned Mc D's.

3. Mc D's all sort of look alike. Not much difference from the 80's till now, especially the late 80's. How can anyone say if this one is "modern"? Brown tile floors, booths, chairs, lots of windows....yep, looks like just about every single Mc D's out there.

4. Regularly franchises close. Our old Burger King was closed for almost 8 years before Chicken Express bought it and moved in. The Burger King did crazy business, too...but the owners went to prison for tax issues and it was closed

5. Using abandoned buildings for storage is common, and economically intelligent

6. the picture was cropped to fit in the OP. Not to hide anything. However, in Texas if you go to, say, Lubbock Coronado, you would also be a Pirate. And, on homecoming, every building in the area would be decorated with Pirate symbols for the parade. Come to my town....we have Steer heads painted on just about every flat surface in town right now (especially because the Steers are winning, and looking good for the playoffs). Don't discount the rabid following of high school sports teams in your consideration, "critical thinkers".

So, from where i am sitting, everything used to attack the credibility of this story is bunk. There is evidence being provided for review, and it is being dismissed under the banner of "free thinking".

Now, going for this story:

1. you have all the stacks of canisters that look like the magnetic tapes that they are claimed to be

2. you have a highly credible individual making the claims (both Jurvetson and Zorgon, who's credibility is completely and 100% unquestioned in my mind)

3. You have the machinery required to read the tapes, with the repair parts and equipment in plain site.

4. The video shows the machine in use, and is technically legit

5. There is an Apple computer on the table top. Most people use PC's, and I would expect to see a Dell more than a Mac. Mac is the tool of choice among graphics folks, especially those who work for the US Gov.

All you naysayers...any way you could provide something tangible to dispute this story with? if not, can you please pipe down so that we can eliminate the noise in this thread and try to find a reasonable solution?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Also from the video you will notice that this machine is far higher tech that we should have had... the resolution is to great for a modern TV set and its liquid cooled with Liquid Nitrogen

The DOWN SIDE of this is he is already talking to NASA
looking for funding to finish the work

You are misquoting a few things here. The machine isn't far higher tech than we should have had, It is an Ampex machine. If I'm not mistaken it isn't cooled by nitrogen. The guy said you have to use nitrogen to change the bearings or something like that.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Here is the Flickr page of one of the Lunar orbiter back-engineers. You will get some more information about why they did it etc.

Thanks for adding that

Work load is KILLING me

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Seriously I am ready, willing and able to provide any professional support that I can here. I'll start with saying tha the mumbo jumbo about the monitor not being able to display it because of resolution, well that doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Apparently those tapes contain data, not video, in which case of course you cannot display them on a television.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
I bet you could use google maps local live to get a good look at the place is you're really curious

Now your talking
An old NASA facility...

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Is there an ECHO in here? Did not Dr X just say that?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Phage

Is there an ECHO in here? Did not Dr X just say that?

Yes, while I was composing my post and gathering sources. I'm a slow typist. I was responding to a response to my first post in this thread.

Would you get over the frickin smilies?

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Zargon,
Some more info for you:
Form here:
it is said that:
"They have never been seen by the public because at the time, they were classified because they would reveal the extreme precision of our spy satellites. Instead, all we have ever seen are the grainy photo of a photo images that were released to the public."

This is a little misleading.

Well that may be, but that is the precise quote from Steve Jurvetson at his Youtube account where he posted the video...

www.youtube.com...

So they are qouted verbatim... and not my words...

As to the availability of the Lunar Orbiter images... we have been saying that since day one on here starting with John Lear's moon thread... but no one listens...

I am however positive that YOU will recognize these...

Problem around here is they are too busy 'debunking' to actually listen or follow links... something I am sure you have observed in this thread

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
They deep sixed 8mm recording of the moon for good reason. They don't want the common folk to see the anomolies. Period.

Lost my posterior donkey.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well, it appears that the big "D" is not too happy with the OP for posting, so I am told.

Well sending me the info via mail then is probably not a good way to stop me from 'sharing'. Its not a secret what I talk about on my site and here...

Now I don't know who the big "D" is yet as I am in between jobs and have not had time beyond responding to the thread posts... but this is where I got the 'tip' from

Regarding: www.thelivingmoon.com...

You may be interested to see the source tapes... I saw them Saturday:
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...

Comments or additional flavor are welcome there... Folks seem interested...

Cheers,
Steve

Perhaps one might get the feeling of being used as a 'leak'?

Nah thought never crossed my mind...

Besides this is the greatest news I have seen in a long time of searching. Of course the silence on the email front when I requested more info... and your appearance here.... hmmmm

Nah thought never crossed my mind...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i believe when they classify things,they never actually give the real reason for the classification they use a dummy reason.

them saying were classifying these lunar images cos it gives away the ablity of our imaging abilities is like saying ,"were classifying our super hyper death ray cos we dont want anyone to know we have a super hyper death ray".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

6. the picture was cropped to fit in the OP. Not to hide anything.

All you naysayers...any way you could provide something tangible to dispute this story with? if not, can you please pipe down so that we can eliminate the noise in this thread and try to find a reasonable solution?

WOW deny ignorance please?

Tangible huh... OK.

The picture I posted of the "NON cropped PIRATE FLAG" was taken directly FROM the flickr SITE...

The data tag for the photo I produced read as follows: http.//farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2873888043_6cfbcfb0d7.jpg?v=0

And it looked like this:

OK.. now lets look at the tag data on Zorgons OP:

http.//www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_lear/04images/Pirate/2873888043_6cfbcfb0d7_b.jpg

Well, what have we here the livingmoon huh, well facny that. Oh look, an old ATS members name appears in this photo tag!! Cool, whats it say:
47john_lear... hmm well mabey its just the size of the picture on ol' Jonnies site.. oops, nope. The original picture size reads as follows:

900 X 680...so when I right click it to post the picture IT POSTS AT THE ORIGINAL PICTURE SIZE OF: 3858 X 2916 and looks like THIS:

Thats what the ORIGINAL IMAGE LOOKS LIKE OFF LIVINGMOON, look for yourselves. Try and right click it and post it on this thread, that huge image is what you'll get...so your not gettin off the hook that easy...

Zorgon said :

Umm really? The "Cropping" was done by ATS to fit the image...

There is NOW WAY you posted this picture to ATS from THAT site without croppin it, PERIOD.

So, Mr.bigfatfurrytexan I respectfully give you something "tangible" to work with here.

He knew that if he posted that PIRATE FLAG in the OP that people would have come down on it from the onset. So in typical Zorgon fashion he cropped it out. I call that dileberately misleading. Facts are facts

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Alter-Ego]

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That looks like Dennis Wingo.

There is a South Memorial Parkway McDonald's undergoing renovation in Huntsville, Alabama.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It doesn't mention McDonalds, but I found a powerpoint presentation from April 19, 2007 by Dr. Charles Lundquist from the University of Alabama in Huntsville. He was one of the original team members who launched Explorer 1, America's first satellite in space, on Jan. 31, 1958.

He's saying that there are high resolution LO data at Ames ( with the resolution of the upcoming LRO) that have never been converted to images...

Presentation

Based on the date of the powerpoint, the project should have started in the Summer of 2007.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

Awesome, simply awesome.

Thanks for revealing that. Good work.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join