It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
Rarely if ever are bif chains abandoned,

Now for crying out loud... are all you debunkers SO DESPERATE that you can't even use GOOGLE?

Abandoned McDonalds Airway Center, Franklin, VA

Abandoned McDonalds Alconbury

abandonedmcdonalds.ytmnd.com...

Abandonned McDonald's Newfoundland
www.geocities.com...

Now Jack and Housegroove already have tracked down TWO abandoned McDonald's that are in the 'right neighbourhood" but if you think I will tell where they are right now... You gotta be kidding

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I know I am an idiot but where is the pirate flag that has been mentioned? If it is shown in the video that would be why I haven't seen it. I am at work and don't watch the vids while I am here.

Thanks
HiLB3rt

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
But in all seriousness, as another poster said - it almost looks as if "someone" purposely left all that stuff there, right out in the open, so that it could be found....

Good catch

That thought had crossed our minds... especially considering the resume of the photographer... and the fact they have one of those video machines in that condition...

I would speculate that there are not many around in that good condition that they only need minor repair... )it was obviously running... just did not have a compatible monitor

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
the sheer stupidity presented by some people in their rampant effort to debunk... while shouting DENY IGNORANCE at the top of their lungs...

Yet never once applying ANY thought to what they are talking about

Makes me wonder who paid you to come in here and scream at us?

There's no need to be a hyperbolic jerk. For instance, who's screaming? I turned my volume up to max.....and I still don't hear any screaming.

I haven't seen anyone seriously trying to debunk this.....there have been a good number of questions asked and opinions stated, but nothing that really amounts to debunking.

So, what I'm seeing now that I can access Flicker (I can't do that from work), is that some guys got their mitts on some old NASA data reels, and decided to have some fun and attempt to pull the data from them.....using legacy equipment. First, where's the conspiracy again? Second, why does Dr. X feel the need to be anonymous?

This is a very interesting story, but it may have well been posted in "Space Exploration" or some other mundane forum.

I don't see anything nefarious here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Skeptics seem awfully fixated on two distinct issues....

1. Real Estate: You use what you got ... remember the .com's? big fancy buildings and free soda and chips for all!! (LOOX AROUND ... wait where'd the .coms go?) Add into this the DELIBERATE obfuscation by several skeptic types trying to muddy the issue of where this Mickey D's is located... Bad form Gentlemen. It's clearly stated where said Mickey D's is. Try to disprove something other than your own obfuscations please.

2. NASA wouldn't just leave this crap lying around... Err considering for the new moon missions they're buying from space junk dealers and memorabillia collectors to "recreate" the knowledge they DID IN FACT THROW AWAY. Ohhh wait wait what about the infamous Ebay auctions for 486's pounced on by nasa to keep the shuttle running? If I really need to say more to elucidate my point cognitive dissonance isn't a state of mind for you it's a way of life.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
This is what makes ATS a cut above the rest, people like you digging trying to find the truth. OP Photo should not have been cut therefore, this dramatically changes the complete authenticity of this.

Umm really?

The "Cropping" was done by ATS to fit the image... I posted the whole thing as well as the ORIGINAL LINK to the ORIGINAL COMPLETE image at flicker...

The title of the Article BY THE PHOTOGRAPHER at Flicker is PIRATE McDONALD

His opening statement is...

We discovered a most unusual covert operation in a McDonalds today… What could it be?

That was his lead in to his account at Flicker to which I posted the link to view all the INTELLIGENT replies (unlike what I see here
)

Do you guys actually READ or just shoot stuff down because it doesn't agree with you?

It is also posted HERE

But since that is on my website... which I have been asked not to link to anymore... perhaps my other Avatar won't be returning afterall

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

The only reason that I wish to be anonymous at the moment is that though I am involved in the project, I am not the leader of it. So I wish to leave the details as to how much to reveal up to him. I always prefer to ask first, then act, on issues like this. I can say that the project is known in the Lunar community and that it is no secret to them as many have attended some demonstrations of the equipment as has some Google representatives. And in one instance an astronaut who was on a publicity tour was in attendance, I believe.

By the way, I understood that real names were not often used on BLOG sites which is why my real name is not used here. The name comes from a part in a movie that I played. Guess who it was?

~ Dr. X ~

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I don't know, Freengry2....

What I do know it is VERY expensive to purchase a McDonald's franchise...very, very expensive.

(EDIT).....had to add this, lest I be accused of being off-topic....the OP talked about an abandoned McDonald's.....and, I just don't see many of these 'abandoned' properties.....especially if they get leased right away, by a new company.

(Of course, the Gov't can throw money at something all they want, but, really??? An old McDonald's location???? REALLY????)

At the risk of beating a dead horse, the building could be leased. We can definitely say that it was a fast food place at one time. I think the link provided indicated that the person doing the videoing had just been to Ames Research Center. So, that would make this located in California. Now, the McD's could have been located on base and closed for the very reason Mr. X gave, which was due to a slowdown.

I see no evidence of a hoax and I think pulling the audio off of 40 year old data reels is fascnating. If you wish to depart this thread, go ahead as I have no reason to keep you here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. X

Well just got to this post now...

Thank you very much for that information Dr. X.

I would also hazard a guess that the photographer, considering his resume and the projects he has been involved in, has more to tell...

Unfortunately I have not yet heard back from him directly since the initial contact so I will have to try other means... It is interesting that the two Mcdonald's that 'might' be the right ones are close to military bases, but that could be just coincidence and as yet we don't know if they are the right ones...

I will be free around Oct 8th and will be in the area so I hope to attempt a field trip

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hello.

I work in professional video. Those are Ampex machines. There is nothing space age or ahead of it's time about them.

We had the technology for recording open reel videotape without question in the 1960's.

I'm still trying to figure out the model number on those, but i'll tell you right now we have older operating 2" videotape machines that people can still work on and repair, so I'm not buying that these can't be repaired if broken.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
His opening statement is...

We discovered a most unusual covert operation in a McDonalds today… What could it be?

So these guys are wandering around a military base? And just happen to discover an abandoned McDonalds with some very interesting content?

Again zorgon.....chill a bit. Sometimes it seems your thrill comes not from posting the unusual or interesting content, but to do so only so you can vilify skeptics and questioners.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. X

Just and FYI, I was able to find out the D's name in about two minutes by following the link that the OP gave for the picture. Just wanted you to know that this information can be found very easily.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Actually, the person doing the video was at the Ames Research Center on other business and stopped by this location when done there.

Perhaps you should go check out the link the OP gave as it has more background info for this story rather than jumping to conclusions.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. X
The name comes from a part in a movie that I played. Guess who it was?

Lionel Atwill? Is that you? Holy smokes! You must be in your nineties by now......

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The McDonalds doesn't look abandoned to me. There is a person and a videorecorder in it.

Where did you verify that these were the missing tapes?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Zargon,
Some more info for you:
Form here:
www.thelivingmoon.com...

it is said that:
"They have never been seen by the public because at the time, they were classified because they would reveal the extreme precision of our spy satellites. Instead, all we have ever seen are the grainy photo of a photo images that were released to the public."

This is a little misleading. The pictures, in 28" x 30" format, have been available to people at places like the Lunar Science Institute as well as via NSDC since day one. They were just too bulky and expensive for the average person. Later they were available at the Lunar Library at Caltech in the seventies. The better quality GRE film was available, but no one wanted to deal with the problems of handling it. The real "secret" was the resolution of the cameras. They were modeled from existing spy satellites and so NASA knew that the system would work because they were "space proven" already. They were just very quiet about the actual resolution of the system which is "1 meter on the surface covered by three scan lines", and is in the LO literature which is available on line.

~ Dr. X ~

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Whats the over/under on Richard Hoagland talking about this on Coast to Coast AM?

I say 2 days.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have to question this. I'd love to know what format is incompatible with that monitor. The monitor shown, well we have about 50 of them here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
So when you get there you can say 'im with Dr.x'

Now THAt was funny... but to the point...

I see Housegroove 'spilled the beans" before I got this far

Originally posted by Atlantican
Is it possible that these were put out there in a controlled leak?

Yes quite possible

[edit on 26-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Actually I have two of those movies - and since you remember them you must be... uh... how old?? :-)

~ Dr. X ~

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join