It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Uh, how do you know they were lost? Are you sure they are the real deal??

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone could take those pictures seriously. They are obviously retouched. "The Ampex tape player was found in a chicken coop". Right.

Unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yep, obviously proof Zorgon is a hoaxer! Needs to be moved to BTS and his account put on a probationary status.

Yeah

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by amigo Furthermore, this image of me was taken without my permission and is in violation of the law.

That's strange because on the Flicker page with the full size image it says they are available under a Creative Commons license... ergo as long as credit and appropriate link is provided there is no issue...

Interesting update...

seems Steve has pulled the originals and placed them in private...

However from his profile there is this...

All of my photos are free to use forever with a simple photo credit:
photo by Jurvetson (flickr)

If it’s online somewhere, please have the credit line link to the original page.

And if you can, please send me a copy or pointer as I am curious where they end up (for example: the Charlie Rose show, Science and Maxim magazine, and some board games... even a book for the blind. go figure.)

www.flickr.com...

The conspiracy thickens.....

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The conspiracy thickens.....

Conspiracy be damned!
I'm waiting to see those uncensored hi def images of the far side of the Moon! When would that be?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
HEy Dr. X I'm sure you will have noticed by now, that all the info you posted has not been read.

You get used to it after awhile

But thanks for noticing

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by conwaylemmon
we haven't seen anything from those tapes.

1st Public Viewing

Here is never before seen high resolution image from the pre-Apollo lunar mapping project.

This film was created from one of thousands of 1960’s lunar orbiter data files. Only a few of these files were converted into create high resolution maps to help map high potential landing sites for the Apollo missions. Only a very limited number of the files were fully developed due to the time it took for early computes to process. The result is there are tons of data that has never been seen or developed.

In addition, the high resolution images have never been seen by the public because at the time, they were classified revealing the extreme precision of our spy satellites). Instead, all we have ever seen are the grainy photo-of-a-photo images that were released to the public. Hummm...exactly what I you are seeing here… as I took a photo of the film that our host was holding up to the light.

FULL SIZE

SOURCE
www.flickr.com...

DISCLAIMER
Download the Large size - All sizes of this photo are available for download under a Creative Commons license.

This image is just a photo of a negative held up to the light...

Looks real to me... but then I am biased

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ron, this is by far the most intriguing NASA related thread ive ever seen here on ATS.
Now i want my Tsiolkovsky cheesburger
Lol, one believes to have seen all in his life, and suddenly he sees a whole bunch of LO tapes forgotten in a McDonalds. Woah.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Not talking to you
You won't tell me which one Nohup thinks is an anomaly

Darn thing is though... the minute I posted this seems the original link is already pulled
. Not sure yet what's up with that... Why would someone send me the links... someone who knew about my site as it was in the first line of the email with a link to the LO page... then pull them when it got interesting?

Maybe Dr. X can enlighten me... This is not the first time when we posted stuff and it vanished...

:shk:

Except that since that NASA JSC issue.... I save all pages BEFORE I post

[edit on 27-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. X
Zargon,
Some more info for you:
Form here:
www.thelivingmoon.com...
~ Dr. X ~

Lol, that is Zorgon's web site
You couldnt have known of course, but I laughed out loud when I read it

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-Ego
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

None. Flame on gents I call it like I see it. ATS didnt crop that pick...a lie is a lie.

IT. ISN'T. CROPPED. Click the damned thing and it reveals the full pic (go ahead, click the image!). It's too big to fit the thread width on ATS, so he posted a link to the full image on his site

oy!!!!!

i don't understand why this is being nit picked. ??? pick on something interesting.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This is beyond stupid... the story is so weird that I would even make a conspiracy over the story myself.

It makes absolutely no sense at all... and people taking this story as being true must be utterly stupid, sorry.

Were is the sense of logic in storing such a massive amount of lunar orbiter films in a abandoned mcdonalds? who the # moved the # there?

We haven't seen a piece of evidence, as always with these stupid posts.

But I gotta give the poster some credit for making this thread... its interesting nonetheless - but totally missing any form of evidence.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious

It makes absolutely no sense at all... and people taking this story as being true must be utterly stupid, sorry.

well what you have here is a collection of people who have read every square inch of data they could get their hands on, about the space program, and then people who've only read what it says in their history books at college.

this discrepancy creates the illusion that some folks are seeing boogey men where there aren't any. there's enough evidence for the possibility of this happening in the additional data most folks don't read cause it isn't required to get their bachelor's degree.

and please, can everyone just skip the "you are stupid" commentary? it distracts the reader from the topic and embroils their egos and emotions on data that neither confirms or denies ignorance.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
LOL. This appears to be a blatent cut an paste job. Someone spent much time doing this. Very impressive non the less. I call Bravo Sierra on this. Please don't waste precious resources, time, and brain cells on this. Sheez!
I agree. I'll look at this closely after the tapes have been presented to a professional, third-party lab that is willing to certify that they can detect no tampering and that the film is of an appropriate age to be genuine. Until then, only good for U-Tube.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Attention Critical Thinkers and Intelligent Ones:

Zorgon, John Lear and Team are on our "watch list".

We cannot disclose who we are but wish to state the following:

Be very careful what you believe.

They have attacked several highly credible sources on this and and other websites. These "attacks" are done at a subtle level so one must read very carefully to notice them. They have harrassed credible sources to the point of extinction whenever possible. They have a continuing campaign of providing massive amounts of disinformation - a grand attempt to discredit credible material.

Yes, COINTELPRO is at work. PSYOPS as well.

It is Highly Likely that "Zorgon" (et alii) is a high-profile agent provocateur organization.

Search and Re-search while the internet is still available to you.

Good Luck on your search for truth.
Be careful. Trust but Verify. To include this message.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

If you can find a 3rd party lab who actually has the hardware to read the tapes then by all means, please post the info.

Do you even realize just how incredibly uninformed that comment you posted was? Like I said, if you want to be a full on pseudo skeptic then rave on but you people could at least read the posts and engage in some factual comprehension. The continued statements of completely false information as the basis of your positions just makes what you're really all about extremely apparent.

I see certain people who have taken the "there's nothing to be seen on the moon or mars" positions who need very badly for any possible countering evidence to be ignored. Me, I just want to see the truth, whatever it is and I'll be damned if I'll ignore anyone's position and evidence. At least not until they prove themselves to be a complete fool, thanks to many of you for clearing that up for me.

Read ALL the posts instead of just skipping past the ones you already disagree with prior to seeing any evidence. Please do us all a favor and shred any jury notices you receive in the mail.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It looks like they were too busy to eat or drink.

I say it was staged to 'look like' there was work related to the tapes going on at the vacant McDonalds in order to get the tapes to the public, not that the work actually occurred there. They forgot to make it look like they were human-no fritos-nothing!

Too cleanly dirty.

Look (see. warehouse on the moon.)

That was nice of them.

Now about that port on Mars....

[edit on 27-9-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nfotech
reply to post by Office 4256

If you can find a 3rd party lab who actually has the hardware to read the tapes then by all means, please post the info.

Do you even realize just how incredibly uninformed that comment you posted was? Like I said, if you want to be a full on pseudo skeptic then rave on but you people could at least read the posts and engage in some factual comprehension. The continued statements of completely false information as the basis of your positions just makes what you're really all about extremely apparent.

I see certain people who have taken the "there's nothing to be seen on the moon or mars" positions who need very badly for any possible countering evidence to be ignored. Me, I just want to see the truth, whatever it is and I'll be damned if I'll ignore anyone's position and evidence. At least not until they prove themselves to be a complete fool, thanks to many of you for clearing that up for me.

Read ALL the posts instead of just skipping past the ones you already disagree with prior to seeing any evidence. Please do us all a favor and shred any jury notices you receive in the mail.
I realize that science education in our public schools has mostly failed, but if we turn over things like this to X Files scriptwriter wannabes and all the elderly ladies waiting for the Space Brothers from Zeta Rediculous, real discoveries will never get off websites like this. Don't ever, for one moment think that anyone who actually has the power to advance a "discovery" like this would give you the time of day without the kind of certification I suggested. Of course, it's much more fun to actually never know for sure. That way you can always be concerned with "THEY" and never with facts.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. X

I do believe you but your post confused me. You said this was a part you "played" so you're an actor too? Either you are Lionel Atwill (Doctor X), who died in 1946, or Patrick Stewart. Then again I assume it was supposed to be confusing.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
First of all I apologize for the rather long post I am going to make, but I hope my fellow ATS members will have patience with me. I think I have discovered something interesting... Here it goes:

"wingod2001" made the following comment on YouTube regarding the video that Jurvetson uploaded there:

I demand this this video of me be removed from youtube. This person did not have permission to do this and I will be taking this up with the management here at Youtube.

www.youtube.com...

Via "wingod2001"s user profile and the "Moon Rush" videos he has listed as his favorites, you can see that he is a man called Dennis Wingo. It is easy to recognize him from Jurvetson's video:

www.youtube.com...

I had never heard of Mr. Wingo before, but this is what I found out about him:

In 2004 he wrote a book called "Moonrush" which posits a future by exploiting the value of space for resources and energy. He has a company (www.assurecom.com) which focuses on mobile power & communications systems for emergency power & Internet access.
He also has a small company called www.skycorpinc.com, which doesn't seem to very active. Last press release was in 2001:

www.assurecom.com...
www.skycorpinc.com...

Mr. Wingo also writes about space and technology for "newsvine.com". At this site he refers to an article called "Satelite turns 50 years old... In orbit!". The interesting thing here is that the article is written by a man called James Oberg. Mr. Wingo states:

A very good article by my friend James Oberg on the 50th anniversary of the launch of the oldest piece of space hardware still in orbit.

wingod.newsvine.com...

James Oberg (often called Jim Oberg) is a well known debunker:

As a journalist, he writes for several regular publications, mostly online; he was previously space correspondent for UPI, ABC and currently MSNBC, often in an on-air role. He is a Fellow of the skeptical organization CSICOP and a consultant to its magazine Skeptical Inquirer.
In 1991, PBS transformed his book Red Star In Orbit into a documentary series. HBO has optioned Red Star in Orbit for some future made-for-TV miniseries.
He was commissioned by NASA to write a rebuttal of Apollo moon landing hoax accusations. NASA later dropped the project; however, Oberg has said that he still intends to pursue it.

en.wikipedia.org...

And you know what? James/Jim Oberg is also an ATS member! In the forum dedicated to internos you can meet him in a thread called "Images for Mr. Oberg to analyze", started by bigfatfurrytexan:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Needless to say, Mr. Oberg hasn't been very helpful or interested in a serious discussion. So to me, it seems like very bad news indeed that Dennis Wingo is a friend of this man. I don't think we will be seing the Lunar Orbiter hi res images anytime soon...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join