It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

At first I was going to agree (in sarcasm) to your satisfaction with your assessment of my being lazy and/or stupid, now I see that I am merely easily offended.

Are you an engineer? I can safely rule out social.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Where is the year this happened
The location and year the tapes went missing.
The location and year the machine went missing.
Whether or not the McDonalds was closed or not yet open.
The testing on the films for exposure degeneration
The year the flag was manufactured.
No appologee note for leaving a machine that wasn't compatible with the tapes-did I misread?

Could have at least put the flag on the top of the building. Jerks. Why is this all 'hush hush' as to the location of the find-big deal a mcdonalds?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It looks like one of those airport parking ticket dispensers only with someone's dod or airforce tag/badge sticking out of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious

Were is the sense of logic in storing such a massive amount of lunar orbiter films in a abandoned mcdonalds? who the # moved the # there?

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

1. Declaration of power supremecy AND sh*ts and giggles.
2. Read the flag on the wall. Pirates.

why mcdonalds?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

That plant in the foreground, to me means this is pretty regularly visited.

It's plastic.

So when's the bake sale to raise cash to fund the project to process the tapes?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What you see there is part of the fire suppression system, the tag is a certification of the system by local fire department.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Hey Rocks,

In a prior post, you mentioned you work in "professional video."

Maybe "Blockbuster Video"

Your knowledge of era specific video technology is abysmal.

Perhaps you should go back to debunking rock formations since, per usual, you contribute nothing to this thread.

Sorry but you have left such a lasting negative impression due to your history of unsubstantiated debunking towards most of Zorgon's threads

Please spare us and just sit this one out.

Or brush up: www.lionlamb.us...

On Topic:

I am still reading each and every post and analyzing all the info provided.
( Especially Dr. X's contribution.)
I find this thread quite intriguing, Golden Arches aside.

regards.....kk

[edit on 27-9-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

you would have to be a fool to get nasa involved. they will cover up any good pics!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I was only joking around. Please don't be offended.

I do work in electronics, and programming, but not in this capacity, i.e, data acquisition, or whatever they're supposed to be doing at McDonald's.)

When I saw that "Labview" book in the photo, it did make me think twice about this. If it is baloney, then these guys really made an effort with it.

My argument is this; This can very well be photos of a make shift lab/workshop in a McDonald's. I believe they are real photos.

But they could be doing anything in there. I just find it very hard to believe they're working on lost classified NASA computer DATA.

Maybe we're missing some key info. Maybe it's purposely being kept from us. In that case how can we not be skeptical?

It is a very interesting post, I love that Ampex machine.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
THE TAPES ARE PUBLIC PROPERTY.

Payed for by the American tax payers.

They cannot belong to these people.
The are government property.

This whole story is either a lie
or
The tapes must be returned to the public (via NASA or related institution)
From there - they can be released to the public for viewing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to mention ZORGON and Family motives being highly questionable.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TopzGunz

no I looked back at the earlier photo--it's where the food order from drive through 'used' to pop out of before they invented the overhead screens--with a business card in it.

Why would the space department take such extensive and expensive and savy measures to film space and have not 'thought' about the 20 years later when they want to re-run the film.
No. Nasa does not put people in space to be so lame.

Just explain it, X. Everyone's begging.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
-Film stock must be kept in the fridge. Footage as valuable as this would be stored correctly.

Someone may have already pointed this out, but "film stock" and "footage" are two different things.

"Film stock" is the stuff awaiting exposure. To make it last in a ready state the longest, it should be refrigerated.

"Footage," i.e. exposed, processed film, does NOT require refrigeration, though cool and dry are not bad options.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Its cool, I get carried away too.

And I also have a high regard for any engineering field, as well as the people in them. I have worked with engineers and programmers before, and found them overall well meaning, even when they did not come across as being so.

There are times when I have found Zorgon in error, and I did take the opportunity as he allowed me to rectify misunderstandings.

That said, I believe there are resources we have not tapped as of yet. I am speaking of people with knowledge and critical thinking skills who would be a benefit as opposed to falling with the same into senseless squabbling. One we speak of often is Armap, who proved himself a valuable sceptic, a "true blue" one as Zorgon once remarked. I believe there are more out there, many more.

So no, I am not offended, and I take your statement as a flag of truce, so that we may press on together into this new development.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This thread proves there is NO CONSPIRACY COVER UP about ANY alleged moon bases/alien on the moon folks!

If there were, NASA wouldn't 'throw away such sensitive evidence, if the conspiracy theorists claims were true, that there were/are alien bases on the far side of the moon.

Don't you think if there was a coverup NASA would be on theese guys butts in no time?

All they would ever get from these data tapes are nothing more than conformation of cratered strewn moon with no buildings on them. They are looking for a landing site. NO CONSPIRACY HERE FOLKS!

So if you think they will discover something earth shaking, then you can stop
getting your hopes up!

There are NO BASES ON THE MOON like Hoagy and other conspiracy nuts claimed.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
In Australia, when McDonalds (in fact, when ALL the major chain stores) shuts down their stores, they don't completely abandon them. They put up temporary wire fencing around the property to keep thieves and vandals out. With the varying size of the blocks of land that McD's uses, the footpath could even be 100m away from the store front, and the land out back could also be abandoned. All one would need to do would be: find out the address of that McD's, go there, or use google street view to investigate.

The equipment inside the store looked BRAND NEW. I've seen alot of McD's equipment, and that has got to be the best kitchen I've ever seen. I don't think they even opened this store, to be honest. They probably built it, then decided it wasn't economically viable to staff and run it. Having a massive McD's sign in the middle of nowhere on land that you've already developed, is still a good advertisement for the company.

Given that this is ATS, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned why the guy doing all this would have gone to NASA to restore the tapes. Do you think he even had a choice? Take your pick... NLP, sleeper agent syndrome, even direct threats by 'them', it would be pretty easy to coerce him into giving NASA full autonomy over the project. As for choosing google over NASA... do you honestly think they'd be any less dodgy? Google is not the 'beacon of the free internet' that people put it out to be.

As for "no alien bases on the moon". If they had the technology to build bases on the moon back in the 60's, who's to say they didn't have the technology to camouflage it, or build underground? NASA letting these clips go missing and someone 'finding' them, is probably just a big disinformation tactic to make us debunk our own conspiracy theories by getting us to 'prove' that there is no VISIBLE alien base on the moon.

[edit on 27/9/2008 by nrky]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

well...the Flickr site has been taken down. I bet the Youtube one is gone by now, too.

yeah, someone wasn't very happy with this.

now...you were saying?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

well...the Flickr site has been taken down. I bet the Youtube one is gone by now, too.

yeah, someone wasn't very happy with this.

now...you were saying?

Oooohhhh.... Cover up! Ooooh men in grey out to get you! Not!

Mr Wingo ask YouTube to take the video and photos down because they were
publishing it without his permission.

Someone in here didn't read the thread.
Also MR. Wingo also posted some comments in FLIckr and Youtube to take them down.

I have great respect for Mr Wingo because he's doing some REAL work, with real gains and benefits for the future of humanity. Unlike some conspiracy theorists who make stuff up all day just so people can fantasize about aliens.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
NASA as already arrived and is about to order a couple quarter pounders with cheese and scope out the best AC connections for their airbrush machines. If there's any beef in this burger, it's already gone before it's in the bag.

Makes me want to cry.

Paul

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
But they could be doing anything in there. I just find it very hard to believe they're working on lost classified NASA computer DATA.

Here is the McDonald's from Google Earth... first pointed to by Iattackpeople

It is here on Moffat Airfield which is a NASA AMES research site ..

Moffett Federal Airfield (IATA: NUQ, ICAO: KNUQ), also known as Moffett Field, is a joint civil-military airport located 3 miles (5 km) north of Mountain View, in Santa Clara County, California, USA. The airport is near the south end of San Francisco Bay, north of San Jose. Formerly a United States Navy facility, the former naval air station is now owned and operated by the NASA Ames Research Center. Tenant military activities include the 129th Rescue Wing of the California Air National Guard, operating the HC-130 Hercules, MC-130 Combat Shadow and HH-60 Pave Hawk aircraft, as well as the adjacent Onizuka Air Force Station and Headquarters for the 7th Psychological Operations Group of the U.S. Army Reserve. NASA also operates several aircraft from Moffett, including the ER-2, a civilian research version of the U-2.

en.wikipedia.org...

So its not just ANY McDonald's Its a convenient empty building were you can make lunch

The group also launches rockets from this location

There is an old hanger there...

Moffett Field was originally commissioned in 1933 as a naval air station, and Hangar One housed the 785-foot-long USS Macon, a rigid frame airship.

NASA is asking public help to save the hanger from demolition

www.nasa.gov...

Here is one of the groups rocket launches. You can see the hanger in the photo

At least Eric Charlton's images are still up

www.flickr.com...

Good thing I copied all those missing flicker pages to the 'archives'

[edit on 28-9-2008 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join