It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrkyAll one would need to do would be: find out the address of that McD's, go there, or use google street view to investigate.

Sorry Mate no street view available for Moffat Field but here is the rooftop co-ordinates for google maps and GE

+37° 24' 33.58", -122° 3' 17.26"

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
It is interesting that the two Mcdonald's that 'might' be the right ones are close to military bases, but that could be just coincidence and as yet we don't know if they are the right ones...

Great find Zorgon
@2:08 cameraman states this is at McDonalds NASA m ? it's hard to hear sounds like NASA M

So it's all at the NASA Ames McDonalds.Dennis Wingo NASA Research Park, Building 596 Moffett Field, CA 94035

Regards
Zelong.

[edit on 28/9/08 by Zelong]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I dont think this has been posted yet:

en.wikipedia.org...
[edit] Facilities
Despite its closure as an active military base, Moffett Field still has many active facilities and residents. Active military families still live on Moffett Community Housing, and the former base has several lodges which primarily house academics and students associated with the Ames Research Center. Moffett Field's facilities available to residents include a pool, post office, golf course, tennis courts, gas station, and several small shops and restaurants, including an on-site McDonald's which closed April 30, 2008.

So there IS a closed McDonald's on that base....well, according to Wiki

Also, looks like there might be a lack of storage on that base, which might answer why they would be in a McDonalds:

Status of former military buildings
Many of the buildings at Moffett Field which once supported its active military presence have been abandoned and left standing due to asbestos contamination within the structures

I have no opinion on this, but I find it all very interesting...and wanted to provide this information

[edit on 9/28/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

I'm guessing you have not seen the youtube video since you are only talking about photos.. Once you see the video it is quite clear what they are doing.. That isn't even the question we are really asking.. I know NASA has been strapped for funding over the last few years but this is just ridiculous.. Please see the youtube video and realize that this really is a NASA-funded project for the purposes of digitizing all the analog data from the original the tapes since most of the imagery left over from these old lunar missions from pre-apollo era are damaged..

-ChriS

[edit on 28-9-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Double post Please read one below I've found him _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

That plant in the foreground, to me means this is pretty regularly visited. It doesn't look abandoned, more transformed or staged.

[edit on 9/27/2008 by trusername]

I think you'll find that's a plastic plant

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Here you go zorgon this will get them of your back.

I came across this post by Don( Dennis Wingo) this is the guy in the video while he was searching for parts I assume for the his Ampex FR-900.
This is back in 09-05-08, 03:11 PM
www.cadillacforums.com...

Don I don't mean to intrude here but I was doing an internet search on Ampex FR-900's and was led to this post. Well I have four of them sitting within ten feet of me right now. I am doing a project at NASA Ames to resurrect two of them to digitize NASA's original master tapes from the lunar orbiter missions to the Moon. If you remember anything or know any possible information where we can find any information about them (we have some data but not enough), would you please contact me? Thanks Dennis Wingo NASA Research Park, Building 596 Moffett Field, CA 94035 my phone is 310-403-1346 Anything you might remember or know or any data that you might have would be of incredible value. Thanks Dennis

Hopefully this clears a few answers up

His company SkyCorp

SkyCorp Signs Agreement With NASA to Fly the

First Webserver in Space - and it will be a Mac G4

The Space Show
The Space Show

Dennis Wingo is a guest several times for this Space Show program.

(5/20/2008)

Regards
Zelong.

So it's all at the NASA Ames McDonalds, Dennis Wingo NASA Research Park, Building 596 Moffett Field, CA 94035

www.nasa.gov...
Driving Directions to the NASA Ames Research Center

Map of Bay AreaFrom Highway 101 Northbound

1. Exit Moffett Blvd./NASA Parkway.
2. At the stop light, turn right.
3. Proceed to main gate in the right lane.
4. The guard will direct you to either badging, parking or your destination in the NASA Research Park. Be prepared to show a driver's license to proceed into the NASA Research Park.

From Highway 101 Southbound

1. Exit Moffett Blvd./NASA Parkway.
2. At the stop light, turn right.
3. Proceed to main gate in the right lane.
4. The guard will direct you to either badging, parking or your destination in the NASA Research Park. Be prepared to show a driver's license to proceed into the NASA Research Park.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Yep, obviously proof Zorgon is a hoaxer! Needs to be moved to BTS and his account put on a probationary status.

Yeah
I think you maybe have to eat them words.
Read above.
So it's all at the NASA Ames McDonalds, Dennis Wingo NASA Research Park, Building 596 Moffett Field, CA 94035

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Looks like the McDonalds at Moffett Field has been closed for the last 5 months.

www.zvents.com...

Additionally here's a photo of the outside of the place...

www.flickr.com...

... that shows the same kind of shrubbery around the place as can be seen through the windows in interior photos.

Another longer distance shot.

dogbert.mse.cs.cmu.edu...

Finally some reviews of this particular Mc D's that adds a little colour to the place and suggests that although attached to Moffett Field, it's not a secure military location, just somewhere that had become available.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Z knows I was kiddin', or being sarcastic. But thanks anyway, for noticing.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Thanks for posting that, I did not see it. They really are doing something there.

So these were previously classified, and now declassified tapes?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Postmortem.........

Big Hat Tip (plus Star and Flag) to Zorgon for a truely entertaining and thought provoking
thread. ( Plus the amazing contributions from numerous fellow posters. )

Inasmuch as this thread seems to be winding down, I think it poses some fascinating questions for some time to come. (At least for me.)

Among them:

1. The mechanisms / technology required to shoot, process the film in an automated and weightless environment.

2. The precise "scanning" of each film frame prior to transmission back to Earth.

3. The fact that there may actually exist evidence of extraordinary things on the "Never Before seen images". ( or at least to scrutinize them if they have been seen.)

4. The incredible technology of that era. (Which I had usually dismissed as primitive.)

5. The fact that the quest and hunger for knowledge continues after 40+ years.
(Albeit in this case, perhaps commercially motivated.)

6. The reminder that past & current technology advances so fast and that if we don't universally archive media / data, important information can be lost. Like when you upgrade your computer and the "dread" of re installing all your software / programs /
priceless family movies / photos. VHS vs. Beta, Phonographs, 8 tracks, cassette, CD,
HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray etc.......

( I mean are we any better off than prehistoric cavemen? Who always had to bring the "fire" with them when they travelled or changed caves? )

7. How even with all this technology, the minimal goal would be to "print" these images to paper / posters for posterity. (Ironic in my mind considering that books, scrolls, manuscripts have survived thousands of years and require no "viewer" or power to view.)

The implications, to me, are mind-boggling but I will spare you.....sorry to ramble.

After devoting the majority of my weekend to this, I gotta go mow the yard.

My spousal unit is starting with the nasty looks.

regards.....kk

[edit on 28-9-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nothing here is improbable. In fact there is more evidence this is real than that any of us are not obscuring operatives.

Sometimes any space is better than no space to work when you have no funding. McDonalds? Why not? If it is on a base, it is protected from public. I have seen plenty of times empty buildings of all types being used for storage or archive. Especially something like this where it is good for nothing and probably on a list for demolition or otherwise unusable.

From the video I can tell these guys are likely scientist-engineers with a need for a hobby. They are not investigating alien artifacts. Probably not even on their radar. They are having fun doing something that "might" have historical significance. That, and the fun (and I know types like this that just the challenge of replacing bearings in such a weird way is sexy.) is all that is needed to make for fun for techy geeks working on boring in-line projects otherwise.

Why go to NASA? These guys are likely NASA contracts or employees. This is the pond they are playing in. Naturally they will apply to the resources they are familiar with, thinking, maybe naively, that NASA wants this data, actually left to rot.

My concern is that they have no idea the potential of what they have, and are blissfully ignorant, just enjoying the challenge and the process and that NASA, when the "managing" people find how close they are to getting imagery that might be hard to contest publicly, will throw in wrenches that retard or stop cold any final functionality.

It seems hard enough to do what they are doing from the specific costs and antiquity of the materials, components and methodologies they need surmount.

I will wait to see what comes down the tube. I hope this thread does not die from lack of input. I will follow it for that and add as I can, but I am busy hanging with the amigos today at the Bay Area UFO Expo, just down the road from NASA Ames as it happens. So, back to the conference.

This is the kind of post I love. Where else do you find such compelling information? Star, Flag and a thanks to the OP.

ZG

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

"Word"

This is not a one-line post, it is a one-word post. ZG nailed it.

regards......kk

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by purpleivan
Looks like the McDonalds at Moffett Field has been closed for the last 5 months.

www.zvents.com...

Additionally here's a photo of the outside of the place...

www.flickr.com...

... that shows the same kind of shrubbery around the place as can be seen through the windows in interior photos.

Another longer distance shot.

dogbert.mse.cs.cmu.edu...

Finally some reviews of this particular Mc D's that adds a little colour to the place and suggests that although attached to Moffett Field, it's not a secure military location, just somewhere that had become available.

If you will see a few posts above yours, I posted a Wiki article stating that in fact there IS a McD's located ON the base that is in fact abandoned as of April '08....and that they are more then likely using that location due to the fact that there are tons of abandoned buildings on that base due to asbestos.

On military bases, the fast food places are always located in what you could call the community center of a base. Where you will find the Commissary, BX, etc etc. So it is a secure area, as its on a secure base. And people who dont hold military IDs, can not just walk into these places and be customers. You either have to hold an ID or be with someone as a guest.

Just looked at the long shot photo of the McDs. IMO...that McDs is on a base. I can tell, as I have lived on them for years.

Now that I believe this part of the "mystery" has been solved

Time for people to get onto the meat of the matter

[edit on 9/28/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
Here you go zorgon this will get them of your back.

NOTHING short of a tactical NUKE will ever get them off my back

But FANTASTIC find
Even has his personal phone number posted...

Its funny how on the one hand he is mad at the exposure and wanting flicker and youtube to remove stuff, then at the same time he is posting all the info himself including personal contact info...

I guess he thinks no one is paying attention...

Too bad it has to be this guy in charge of it... so if there IS anything to be found on the tapes, you can bet it won't do us any good...

Maybe one of the other team members will let something slip through

Thanks for the find

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
1. The mechanisms / technology required to shoot, process the film in an automated and weightless environment.

The Lunar Orbiter filming device

4. The incredible technology of that era. (Which I had usually dismissed as primitive.)

You mean like fiber optics?

Four recoverable film camera capsules were carried aboard the S-IC stage. Two were located in the forward interstage looking forward to view S-IC/S-II separation and S-II engine start. The other two were mounted on top of the S-IC stage LOX tank and contained pulse cameras which viewed aft into the LOX tank through fiber optics bundles. One of the LOX tank capsules was recovered by helicopter at 00:19:30 at latitude 30.22° north and longitude 73.97° west. Despite film damage caused by sea water and dye marker which had leaked into the camera compartment, the film provided usable data. It was not known if the other three capsules were ejected. There were also two television cameras on the S-IC to view propulsion and control system components. Both provided good quality data.

APOLLO 8

Fiber Optics in Apollo 11 TV Cameras

Apollo 11 TV Cameras NASA report

Okay okay go mow the lawn... I need to do that too

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by purpleivan

Nice catch on the actual photos of the Micky D

Now then ... anyone live close enough to go knock on the door?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Now that I believe this part of the "mystery" has been solved

Time for people to get onto the meat of the matter

I wasn't aware that McD used meat..... errrr never mind that

Nice work all
I see the noise from the debunkers has diminished a tad...

Now ZeroGhost is in the area... if he doesn't swing by for a look we need to wop him
. I mean here is the ATS team out at a UFO conference... and they are right next door to this breaking news?

What an opportunity
Anyway to reach them still?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Wow, nice find.

Not only did he crop the one for the martian herd, I didn't read the thread, was curious, but not curious enough to find out if people also realized he also flipped his cropped version, to make the cloud or dune appendages, face down instead of up for maximum effect.

Cropped yes... flipped no... its the same orientation as the NON MAP PROJECTED image at Malin Space System... but then I hardly expect people like you to understand the difference

Non Map projected is the direction the spacecraft takes the image... Like you would shooting something in front of you...

Map projected is the way they arrange the image to fit on the Martian globe with North at the top... which, as the spacecraft orbits it is not always shooting north...

Now had you guys actually read the thread you would have realized it was a TEST of ATS viewers...

So this is not "Shame on me" but Shame on YOU"

You see I posted three threads at the SAME TIME... Two with "Sensational' Headlines albeit in the form of a question mark...

A Herd of Martian Creatures?www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those two threads took off like wild fire... Stars, Flags and reached over 15 pages in a day or two...

The third thread was ...

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now this one I specifically made sure it had "just the hard facts" While this thread got 3 Applauses it only got THREE POSTS in the SAME TIME FRAME as the "Tabloid" headlines...

So YOU decide where the problem lies... To me it is a very strong indicator of where the interest lies at ATS.... Threads like my "Project Looking Glass" from LANL, the Fusion Rocket from Wisconsin U 1992, the EM Shielding for spacecraft NASA Document 1964, and the Nuclear Reactor on the Moon NASA Document 1992... all got moved to Skunk Works where they pretty much get ignored.

Look at the attention the Robbie William thread got....

So don't cry to me about the 'style' of posting to get the message out. Just look at the immediate responses by the debunkers in this thread... before they even stopped to look at it

I see the problem as that any thread with REAL info is debunker proof... so they don't go into it and hope it will die... while the believers cannot really add much to technical reports other than "Great find"

So the tactic works... the thread gets forgotten...

Now anyone interested in the report on Life on Venus I got back from the remote viewing team?

It even had THIS little fun document... which naturally I support whole heartedly

PUBLIC NOTICE:

Effective Immediately

Anyone stating an item in a photograph is "Just a Rock" is required to:

1) Give the type of rock
2) Explain how that rock was formed
3) Explain how that rock came to be at the location it is found in
4) describe in point form your expertise in geology
5) submit documentation to back your claim of it being a rock

Failure to meet these requirements may mean your comment is rejected by this office. An unqualified statement of 'its just a rock..' is no more valid than a statement 'its a building'

Memo #NASA345ATS2008-A1
Date 08-28-2008

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join