It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I could have sworn I heard the cop say something along the lines of:

"Maybe next time I'll have to grab the shotgun..."

Something about a shotgun anyway.

Its my opinion that if police cannot handle their job, they should find a new one.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
The cop was in the wrong but that doesn't mean the "victim" was in the right either. He was clearly baiting him and soon as he was struck (where the cop crossed the line) he was gloating about getting paid and wouldn't shut up.

so in your opinion, would you say that physical aggression is a reasonable response to a verbal altercation? Even if that verbal altercation originated with the same party that later escalated to physical violence?

I want to ask you this specifically, so that I don't put words into your mouth.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

That is nothing. Much much worse happens, and not just to blacks either. Some of these guys have been allowed to grow into their own unsupervised lawless force. They answer to no one, and are so well organized that they can get away with murder, literally.

You may not even be a criminal, but if you cross them for reasons entirely out of your control, and you are a threat to reveal their group you will be killed.

You must live in my town! Cops here have even gotten away with murder and statutory rape! While they tend to not get to rash with us as they know they are outnumbered they do get away with things that we would go to jail for. Working in a bar I've seen many cops leave there too drunk to even think of driving but drive none the less. Now they've changed it and they are only allowed to drink at a private club.

Edited to add the statutory rape. remembered it after posting.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey United States has fashion police. Nice. Thats like the fashion police in Iran. The land of the free...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
wow. United states has a fashion police. Just like in Iran. Oh tha land of the free is so goner.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I agree with you 100%.

These police have to deal with activity such as this on a daily basis and when they're undergoing training they constantly are shown video of officers being shot or being run down during a standard police stop. There's no doubt there is enough to drive an office over the edge, but there needs to be measures put in place to expect and deal with such psychological behavior.

BUT, I still stand by my point that these officers are paid to be put in these type of situations and should be able to handle such in a dignified manner ... but maybe it's time for the department to make sure each officer is fully equipped, mentally, to cope with the rigorous stress derived from such a job.

I think of this much like I think of America's foreign policy. The more we police in this manner, the more we can expect behavior such as the citizen displayed here. Just like our foreign policy ... we need to take a step back sometimes and gather our wits and confront those citizens (nations) in a respectful and logical manner. The more we aggressively deal with these situations - the more blow-back (hateful demeanor) we will receive from them.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
maybe they should send cops off to be trained by Scientologists on how to deal with bullies.

then again, maybe that's not such a good idea...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I want you to lick my boots, boy!

LICK EM!

LICK THE BOOT!

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Spreadthetruth

The link on your BOOTS doesn't work! FYI.

AAC

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Alex is a little nuts in that one.

AAC

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
That is nothing. Much much worse happens, and not just to blacks either.

That was my first thought. If there hadn't been a camera, it would have gotten much worse, much sooner.

I'm glad the cop lost his job, but sadly, a LOT worse happens that doesn't get on camera...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

This is exactly the reason why I think Alex Jones diminishes the causes for which we fight. Whether it's supporting 9/11 Truth with a bullhorn in a crowd of pedestrians or on his radio show acting like an out-of-control buffoon police officer - it's not helping much (maybe spreading the message, but when you alienate half the audience with your antics ... is it really spreading the message?).

I think what he's fighting for is great and praise his efforts ... but the way in which he does it leaves his intentions, in my regard, very questionable.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ROFLMAO I love it, man that guy knows his rights good, that cop was on a power trip and now hes gonna pay for it, lmao what an idiot... I can't believe they'd hire a racist cop like that, so bad for the force...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Please stay on topic.

We don't advocate or permit the direct advocation of violence towards people or groups no matter how loathsome you think their actions are.

Thank you and happy posting.

Badge01
Forum Moderator

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Getting stopped by the police because your pants aren't pulled up high enough.

Only in America

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd like to take the time to point out that...this type of stuff happens "EVERYDAY"...why are you getting shocked because of this now?
This is not rare or random...this is a contious occurence of our rights being violated...and what do the American People do? They take it...and take it...and take it...

So please just stop with the out cry for change and reform when It's never going to happen...

This type of behavior by cops is now considered normal...

*edited for grammar*

[edit on 18-9-2008 by UnderTheirRadar]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There are two disgusting things in this video.

Firstly the oficers treatment of the man, especially when he pushed him and then arrested him without any real cause. The second disgusting part was the man saying "we gonna get paid". That was also absolutely pathetic. It showed a really low morality, someone willing to abuse the system.

When a genuine case comes along i'm apalled, and this is a genuine case, but to see someone revel in it is just as bad as the officers behavior.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Like Thickheaded said, the cop did tell him to tell it to his face but did you also notice that the guys hands were on the car when he got in his face. It's not like he posed a threat to the cop. I think it's the cops fault as well. He was itching to start something the whole video. I'm glad he got arrested not to mention that the cop violated his rights in the first few minutes of the video

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
The second disgusting part was the man saying "we gonna get paid". That was also absolutely pathetic. It showed a really low morality, someone willing to abuse the system.

i disagree. how is it abuse, when it's justified? This person had no real recourse, had this not been on tape. Even if he showed up at the police department with 5 witnesses, how serious do you think they would have taken the complaint? It's not like they can pull funding or something.

Well actually... they CAN pull funding - by "getting paid." I think that anyone who is abused by police - which are paid by the same people they harass - deserve the money just as much as abusive piggies do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join