It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Go to the news site and you can watch the raw footage. There's 3 black guys walking down the road and the cop stops next to them and starts talking to the one in the black shirt. The guy never did anything at all until you see him get up in the cops face and the cop hits him.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Nice to see he didnt get away with this..

Sucks to say tho. For every 1 who gets busted another 50 go un noticed.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Sure there is bias. Sure there have been horrible crimes by cops, some racially motivated some not. I think this video is pretty mild as far as they go, most y'all are overreacting

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
Go to the news site and you can watch the raw footage. There's 3 black guys walking down the road and the cop stops next to them and starts talking to the one in the black shirt. The guy never did anything at all until you see him get up in the cops face and the cop hits him.

Actually the cop said tell it to my face... So that is the cops fault.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
They should toss both of them in a cell together in the county jail. I don't know what makes me more sick to my stomach, the crooked popo's, or black man that tries to bait the race card to get more then his wellfare distribution from the government, at mine and other taxpayers expense.

Buy a belt to hold up your 30 waist size pants ( when you should normally be wearing a girls size) with yer taxpayer funded check you get once a month.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

This is the main point as far as the assault goes. The Cop asks this young man to do what he asks and he does it. What happens???? He goes to jail. If just once, when the Cop asks the young man to place his hands on the vehicle and he doesn't than Guarantee he gets a beat down and goes to jail. As soon as he FOLLOWS THE ORDER he goes to jail anyway.

This Cop was looking for a reason to put this young man in jail.............whatever the cost.

PS Meant to respond to SteveR's post.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

If I were in this young mans shoes I would see this as the norm. I am sure he has seen this abuse before, maybe worse - maybe not.

The problem with Cops now a days is that its no longer the Rodney King theory but pretty soon it could be the American theory. The Cops think they have ALL the power, no matter what Race you are. Law sometimes is a scary thing when YOUR so called Representatives vote for them..............

[edit on 18-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Kids were indifferent to the cop's authority, and that pissed off the cop, imo. The baggy pants issue has been a hot topic in those parts for a while now, and the african american community see it as targeting minorities.

This guy epitomizes rogue-cop. I would concede that the kids could've taken the high road, but I have not walk in their shoes. I do however live the internet and this type of exposure!

AAC

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well, good, this governmental thug has been fired and arrested. What the f? I suppose if I walk down that street with high water pants on and give myself a wedgie so that my underwear is showing above the waist of my pants, just below my armpits, that I will be arrested? Heh. This stuff is stupid. What would that cop have done if it was a female walking down the street with NO underwear on and her pants down below the crack of her butt? Same treatment? I don't know, but I doubt it. Anyway, in my opinion, walking around with low riding pants and underwear showing is in bad taste. But that's just me. I certainly won't attempt a citizen's arrest. And besides, I like to watch Cops on Fox and it's funny to watch a perp with his pants down around his thighs try to run from the cops and also reach down to his knees to put his hand in his front pocket to reach for his drugs or gun and throw them away.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Oh, yea... he certainly was polite... LOL!

He instigated it all, the moment he saw them he wanted to arrest them. When he started talking to the guy on the hood and was laughing at him and saying stuff about how the guy is most likely going to do something stupid. He was acting cocky/arrogant the entire time like he was better than them.

He told the black guy to look into his eyes to say whatever it is they were talking about and when the black guy did... the cop assaulted the guy. Hmm, cop shoving an innocent man... that sure is POLITE. Yea. Maybe YOUR definition of POLITE is shoving a guy, but not mine.

Usually I'm on the side of the cops, but this guy was just letting out pent up anger or just anger towards black people... you never know.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Why so? It makes complete sense.

The dude had his boxers hanging out, laughed at the cop, had an irreverent attitude from the beginning, shouted an inch away from his face. Basically a pretend gangster with his pretend gangster friends.

If you were a polite cop and had that on a daily basis, wouldn't it wear you down?

That cop was pushing that kid from the get go. I am not fan of dressing like an inmate to look tough but this is still America isnt it? The cop clearly said "Look me in the eye and say that to my face" just before the kid turned to look him in the eye and say it again. That is when the cop hit him in the throat. Really do you want that kind of America? Who says it will stop with a black kid and baggy pants? How do you know that same cop would like you so much? What if he kept you there being a prick and pushing your buttons and then arresting you for FOLLOWING DIRECT ORDERS.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Everyone in this thread that agrees with the cops needs to

1. Explain how it is ok in America to search and harass anyone for having their pants a little low?

2. Explain how you know you would fit so perfectly into that little neonazi wannabe officers myopic idea of perfection?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Cop points to Dash-cam and says......
".... You wanna do something really stupid you gonna end up on T.V. "

How little did he know , it was going to be himself .

The melting pot seems more like a pot of stew .

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I haven't even watched the video yet, and I already know what happened.

That's pretty bad. In days gone by I would have wanted to see the video to make sure that people weren't being unreasonable in their judgment of the event.

The reason I was compelled to post before reviewing it was a comment one poster made regarding the trials and effects of dealing with thugs and criminals everyday. This is a reason often cited for the 'attitude' of law enforcement/peace officers.

Guess what. That's their job. If they can't overcome the desire to bully and dominate people, they shouldn't be cops. If this is the effect of constant exposure to the criminal element, then maybe they should address that in routine psychological counseling.

It is the responsibility of the paid public servant to minimize, not escalate, these encounters. There's nothing more dangerous to the people than impatient police.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
with cops like that around looking for trouble ,and picking on a little guy.
ill sure be keeping my pants up and saying yes sir, no sir ,thank you sir, keeping my white skin out of jail cause i know i dont really have any rights left.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

We pay this officer not to be "wore down".

If he can't handle his duties, then he shouldn't be enforcing the law ... er, um ... I mean, trying to enforce his own law.

The kid acted like a complete idiot without an ounce of sense. While I don't agree with the way in which the kid was acting, I think the police officer was TOTALLY out of line. He has no right to tell the individual to cover his boxers just because he doesn't like it. I think the kid should have handled himself in a decent respectful manner ... as should have the officer. I'm glad the officer is no longer part of the police force. I wish the kid would no longer be allowed to act like an idiot as well.

I see all kinds of girls (anywhere from 12-30 yrs old) wearing low-cut jeans and high-waisted panties that show. I got $100 that says the cop wouldn't have said a thing to these girls ... and if anything would have rubber-necked while driving past trying to get a better look.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

outstanding

I suggest everyone to check out the threads on banning hoodies here on ATS as well. You can all read for yourself the veiled racism behind the justifications for these types of things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

also: note how he keeps saying "learn how to talk to us like other people." There is no question what this cop's definition of "other people" would be - "white people."

[edit on 18-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

We pay this officer not to be "wore down".

True.

Yet in the social structure that has been built around the police they are not "allowed" to go "section 8".

We need to place the "cops gone wild" thing into perspective. They see senseless shootings with innocent victims shot and killed while the youth of our nation "play gangster". It is only a matter of time before a cop loses it.

I am sure that this cop as well as many others have been in "shock and awe" as they confront the new youth who have been disenfranchised by the very system the police have been hired by, in order to maintain peace, as the "new youth of our nation" view a future with low pay Mcjobs, education that is way to expensive, families that are torn apart and mothers and fathers who have to work two "mcjobs" just to keep food on the table.

A pressure cooker.

The gangster image is reenforced by Hollywood and video games, giving the youth a path to destruction. I cannot get over the "scarface" posters hung in every male youths bedroom and 20 something male living rooms, showing who they aspire to be, as I go into thier homes. (part of my job)

This is a viscous cycle that will end in riots and death unless it can be quelled somehow.

I am not defending the actions of the police...in fact i am appaled by it....yet at the same time I cannot come to the defense of the youth who embrace the gangster image.

Sad state of affairs.

My heart goes out to both victims of these evil days.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

So true Whiteraven, and I think you hit it center and drove it home. Consider anyone with clarity of thought like this my friend.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The cop was in the wrong but that doesn't mean the "victim" was in the right either. He was clearly baiting him and soon as he was struck (where the cop crossed the line) he was gloating about getting paid and wouldn't shut up. He wanted it to go down like that and his attitude sickens me as much as the abusive cop's attitude does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join