It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85
I think the cop was an idiot, jackass. Thats my position.

That's not a position. It's a feeling. You should remember life is not so black and white, there are reasons why people do the things they do.

I've already said the cop was a 'jerk' for pushing the guy. However, if thinking stops there, that is all you will ever see.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Yeah ok, there was a reason he pushed him, I know that. I know he was angry because he deals with that kind of stuff everyday. There is a reason for everything. Doesn't make him justified. Thats your point? There was a reason. DUH!!! He was angry, and emotional, and he let that get in the way from doing his job properly. Bottom line, the cop was WRONG. I understand the situation, I've been arrested several times. You are not making any sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You don't think the cop was wrong? You don't think he was out of line? Then give me a logical explanation, on how this officer did not cross the line, and maybe there will be worth something to even debate. You want to debate reasoning? Ok, I have a few opinions on why the cop did what he did. He was angry, dumb, and maybe a bit racist. Doesn't make him justified in hitting the kid. You want to say the kid was a thug, ok. What makes that cop any different from the people he arrests? And how do you even know the background of this kid, how do you know he was a "thug"? You don't know him from adam, and you want to jump to conclusions? You are the one seeing things in black and white friend. Not me. His rights were violated as an american and a human being, plain and simple, on camera. And there are still people like you that do not get the big picture. Crying about the cops reasoning. Big deal, poor copper. Right?

I also wanted to add that I have read a few of your posts, not all. I believe the vid is mild in nature as well, but its still wrong. I've had worse stuff then this happen to me by cops, and I was the one who got screwed. The cop does have to deal with alot of bs, and I don't agree with the kids behavior on the vid, but I would be angry too if I was stopped for baggy pants (that I don't wear myself), and I would not have any respect for the officer harassing me. I mean we can safely say the cop was harrasing them right? I mean they were not breaking any laws, and that is his job to up hold the law. So right off the bat the cop was wrong. And he didn't find anything on them, he had no reason to arrest them, so he got even more frustrated. Some cops see it as a war on crime, and if they can bust someone for no reason who they believe is a 'bad guy' then they will and see it as doing society a one up. But in reality they are just making things worse, and fueling an already out of control fire. I see where your coming from, but you have to understand that as a cop you have to keep your cool no matter what, thats the responisblity of being a cop, not to abuse your power. And he did, he let all the frustrations of the streets get to him, and he exploded. But thats what you risk being a cop, you have to keep your cool. By the way, did you know that this particular cop has been suspended or something similar for excessive force prior to this incident? Seems like he has always been this way.

Edit to add

[edit on 2-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Whats the matter Steve, foot in mouth, head up ass??

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Sorry to say but the man is dangerous, that so-call deputy lost his mind and frankly speaking he is in great need of psychological help and I hope he get help.

As far as, firing him that's not enough. The Aiken County Sheriff Office should recommand that the State of South Carolina take away his certification to be a Law Enforcement Officer anyway in the USA , and that's punishment he truly deserves for the crime he committed a person he suppose to be protecting.

It's to many criminals hidding behind the badge which is wrong for the sake of decent cops who do the right things. That little powerless Black boy wasn't no threat, the big white guy calling himself a cop was his own threat.

Lastlty, God help him..

J Scott PTK

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join