It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
When the time comes that a Presidential order comes down the lines to implement Martial Law, will you be so complacent then???

Until noticable and significant moves toward this happen I think of it as the whole hoopla over invading Iran. These things have been talked about since 2006, perhaps even before. When you say Bush is going to do situation x next month and 30+ months pass I think it qualifies as scaremongering.

I can't imagine you will have the same viewpoint when this actually happens.

I will always seek to judge them as individuals in their individual situations. I am not going to be convinced or tricked into unilaterally condemning or excusing any group.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

The noticable moves have begun, if you don't see this than you need to do some more research. If your scope of research is "Police brutality" than you need to broaden your research.

Its funny how you state "I will always seek to judge them as individuals in their individual situations." but you have done nothing but defend this INDIVIDUAL Cop in HIS AND HERS INDIVIDUAL SITUATION. So, considering your outlook on this EVENT it is totally against common sense. You may want to reiterate your response, because in this case you haven't judged this individual in there individual situation. In this INDIVIDUAL situation THESE COPS ARE WRONG.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Its funny how you state "I will always seek to judge them as individuals in their individual situations." but you have done nothing but defend this INDIVIDUAL Cop in HIS AND HERS INDIVIDUAL SITUATION.

Exactly. When did I ever say cops are good/bad? Or try to point out 'trends'? That is you making the group comments not me. In this case, I think his individual situation is worthy of SOME defense. At least to the point of why he did what he did.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

So, from what I have read, you believe what this Cop did was right?? Why do you think that?? Is it because he felt "threatened" from saggy jeans??? Was he threatened because of how polite a "black thug in saggy jeans" could be in situation like this??? Was he threatened because the "threatening black thugs were laughing at the cop because he questioned there saggy jeans"??? Was he threatened because there were more than one black youngster in the same place at the same time???

At some point you need to finally agree that the Cop was a complete A Hole and should of been smarter in doing HIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Finished bloviating?

Point of conversation is not to force others to agree. Simply, to put aside emotional instincts and develop understanding of the gray areas. Perhaps that idea is alien to you?

I wouldn't show the dashcam to a group of recruits and say 'this is how to behave in the ghetto'. I would show the dashcam to a group of recruits and say 'this is how NOT to behave in the ghetto. If you think you're losing your cool take some time off, because in this day and age we may be pressured to let you go'.

I understand the circumstances in the video and see how you could argue for either side. They are both human beings making flawed human being decisions. They both have their reasons, and in those reasons there are grains of truth. Important to look at. If you're not willing to play pigeon and you're going to reduce this to black & white then OFCOURSE we're not going to agree.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I honestly cant say I saw Lorenzo do anythign wrong. He complied with everythign asked of by the officer, while having done not any unlawful offense. Not only that, but his rights were violated for being detained and searched with no probable cause. This is an obvious case of profiling by an officer who wanted to rough someone up before his next day off.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Ibelieve the copy was provoked and should be put back on the force. If I worked with this kind of 'mess' everyday - day-in-day-out I think my temper would get shorter than the cops in this video. I think under the cicumstance he handled himself well. H SHOULD NOT BE FIRED. And definitely - the guy showing his drawers should not get one red nickle. Also the guy towards the end of the video should be put in the slammer too...see how low his pants are. These guys are gonna have back, leg and all kinds of other problems from walking crazy trying to keep their pants from dropping to their ankles. LOL...Kids can be such smarty-pants and this guy sure was. You are suppose to respect the police and this guy clearly DID NOT!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The true function of the Police is to "Maintain the disparity."

The camera has allowed us to see how it works in practice.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Problem identified.

Solution?

Pay the police MORE money. A police officer is an extremely important position in our society. We give them an incredible amount of power. We should be paying police more money to attract a higher caliber individual because right now we are getting what we pay for.

These people are not special, they more or less signed up, and in many situations they will inappropriately use their power.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
The second disgusting part was the man saying "we gonna get paid". That was also absolutely pathetic. It showed a really low morality, someone willing to abuse the system.
When a genuine case comes along i'm apalled, and this is a genuine case, but to see someone revel in it is just as bad as the officers behavior.

Are you kidding me? If i ever got assaulted by a cop for doing what he said i would be saying the same exact thing. My tax dollars pay his salary and if he abuses the right to have autority over me, well then i want compinsation. I would be mouthing off like crazy.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just wanted to add my 2 cents, because I just can't help myself with this one. What a dumb, ignorant cop!!! That kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach. And Iam sure it happens alot more than we know, most cops get away with it. Iam so glad to see this arse get caught. Boy I bet he feels like a jackass. His racism totally fueled that blow to the neck, and I hope that young man has his badge for it. He stopped them for baggy pants, unbelievable!! His rights we completely ignored, and the copper is supposed to be protecting those same rights. There is no helping a person that stupid, and ignorant. I will pray for his misguided soul, and hope his maker is not a black man.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

It does happen a lot more than the average citizen would imagine. But I really don't see it so much a race issue anymore, as much as a cultural one. Any deviance from what the cop stereotypes as the "average" citizen will get you the smack down.

If that had been a white kid with baggy jeans, the same thing would have happened. Believe me, I speak from personal experience. But it doesn't end with just the "hip-hop" culture either. Any deviation will draw their attention. Basically, of you don't look like the stereotypical Republican/conservative, you're fair game. If you try to make any sort of "statement" with your attire, you will attract their attention that much quicker.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I agree with you on that if it would have been a white kid with baggy jeans it would have been the same situation. But this incident, I think, was riddled with rascism. And I speak from life experiences as well, I believe me and you have discussed some personal incidents involving police brutality and what not on here before. He kept making black and white comments ect. Definetly a cultural thing , but I also believe he was racist. Great point though.

Edit for typo

[edit on 24-9-2008 by schism85]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I didn't actually get to hear what was said, my computer here doesn't have speakers. So I will say that you may be quite correct. But the police will always have personal biases. Unfortunately we have given them an inordinate amount of power to carry out deliberate attacks on those that they simply do not like. I actually knew a cop who was such a Chevy guy that he deliberately pulled over as many Ford's as he could.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thats funny!!
He keep saying something to the effect of, why do you think Iam working, because Iam white. And something about it being a black and white thing ect. Iam not to sure, I only watched it once, and the sound isn't all that great. He was also pissed about his friend, Leon, that was with him off camera. Allegedly he hit his sargeant, and keeped saying "your the Leon Patterson that hit my sargeant" ect. So he was already fuming just seconds before he hit the other guy. He was definetly bias, I agree. Set in his ways sorta thing. BTW, that song, Tell the Truth in your sig is great. That hook is priceless!!

edit to add

[edit on 24-9-2008 by schism85]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Huh huh, what a tool.
I'm gonna have to get some headphones or something. Seems like I'm missing a whole lotta dumb redneck cracker pig.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I guess theres a part two to the vid. www.youtube.com...

Its a vid of the ride to the station. The cop is trying to talk to this guy like a human being now, he knows he's in trouble. Its pretty funny to hear him grovel a little. Glad they caught him. Serves him right.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I had the opposite happen one time. The cop was all nice, when he was arresting me in front of my Mom. Then in the squad he starts talkin' smack like he's gonna teach me a lesson and that I'm a scumbag and blah blah blah.

What he didn't know was that the girl who said I had punched her had filed false charges. I had witnesses that not only was I out of town for three days, but also her own friends who would testify that she had told them that she was going to put false charges on me because I wouldn't get her pregnant.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

i cant help but notice that this "gangster" youth knew more about his rights than the slightly psychotic officer did. why would anyone defend him? his superiors saw fit to immediatly fire and arrest him.
this is circumvention of the blue brothers network,so it must have been blatant.
this act ws defenseless. otherwise he would have been hidden behind a desk and relaesed to prey upon society again.
i dont like a lot of the things i see in this world,but i dont own it ,and i dont have the right to tell anyone else how to exist in it.
but the one thing i do know,is that no matter what your skin color,demeanor,or attitude,if you were assaulted like this you too would have an attorney,and wanted him fired. this out of control LAWMAN(?) IS SUPPOSED TO BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD. and just as there are special punishment for specific criminal acts,there should be special punishments for officers who betray our trust.
the condoning of this behavior is the reason it exists,and is dangerous to society.
if this type of policing doesnt stop,it will turn violent.that is the only conclusion to this antisocial behavior. violence begets violence. it is a knee jerk reaction to any type of radical control over the population. and it will come if they put enough people in a position where they have nothing left to lose.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join