It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Steveeee.....come on now. Looks like you picked up some more people to buy into your great need to argue. Your main points continue to have nothing to do with this video. Maybe there are some videos you could share with the rest of the members here to prove your point and help explain your position.

How does sagging make someone become a criminal?? I would say sagging has become part of the American culture and not just the RAP culture. Is this wrong??? There are many main stream fashion that were attacked and vilified throughout our culture. Most of these fashion "statements" were from young people and the OLD people looked at it as being BAD and CRIMINAL. In the long run its just people trying to FOLLOW the fad.

Your second argument seems to focus on racism. You have to agree that in certain places racism and racist profiling do happen. Sometimes the Cop finds something and sometimes they don't by profiling. The issues come when they don't find anything. There are many proven records of Cops planting evidence to make there case.

Looking forward to your provocative response.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I wear my jeans low. Glad it's in style, 'cause I got me a severe case of "Noassatall."

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
your great need to argue

Who just posted?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Im just here to try and see if you really have any sense at all. Its been three pages since I posted and your still going at it.

I respect that in a sense. I don't respect it when your just trying to "beat a dead horse".

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

There are many who feel your pain. You know, its funny considering Steveees culture bias towards "black people" who ride there jeans low to fit into the RAP culture being criminal, that I watched the movie Malibu's Most Wanted today.

Making Law to target a culture is wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I don't respect it when your just trying to "beat a dead horse".

That would be subjective. This issue and its bigger picture is one that I'm passionate about. It may be a trivial world but at least you get to decide what is and isn't, right? As long as Texan and/or AAC have something interesting to say that may change my mind, I will debate them here on this thread. The only one who's truly intolerant of viewpoints is you, imo.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Ahhhh, this particular issue has struck a nerve. I am curious to what your MAIN point is.

As far as viewpoints are concerned, I actually respect yours. Only to a point. That point becomes an issue with me when you ONLY argue your viewpoint in the thread that you can't have no argument. You can't possibly argue that this Cop was in the RIGHT.

The previous post of mine as far as you being able to show a video showing your argument would have a great opportunity to prove your point. Don't focus on me but you should be focusing your "BELIEF" with some evidence.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was just wondering, how many here would walk down that street alone at night, unarmed? If you say yes, then you are crazy or you live in that area.

I see people of all colors walking in the streets around Dallas everyday, with the same gang-banger mentallity. They have no regard for life and sure don't care anything about common decency. Everytime I see a guy walking down the street with pants down to their knees it sickens me to think these are our future generations.

That cop was clearly pissed off and sick of dealing with these people. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. You can hear him ask the other guy if he was the one that punched a cop the other day and he said yes. That says a lot about what kind of people they are.

We all scream get them off our streets, and when they try people start in with the sympathy for the criminal.

We all hate to see the reality of the street and what these guys go through, but it is real. There are kids that dress that way to represent their gang and the gangster image. Simple answer to it is to stop doing it. If I was getting harrased everytime I walked down the street for having brown hair, I would wear a hat or stay off the street.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Steve partly on this. The cop should not have hit him but that kid should have shut his mouth and just waited for a lawyer. I had some situations with arrogant cops when I was young and I learned to shut up and say yes sir.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Don't focus on me but you should be focusing your "BELIEF"

I'm glad you're finally getting it. Sure took you a while.

You certainly won't see my "main point" if you feel under attack. You should know this is not a race issue. I only have a problem with "culture" when it's indicative of refusing to work and aspire, finnin to get paid, concealing crime, laughing at and assaulting cops. I could go on but we'll keep to what we can see in the video.

I have an even bigger problem with rich white PC sympathizers. The same people who are changing the way our system works.

[edit on 2008/9/21 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

"Damned if they do, damned if they don't." That is a great point. You know, as a Cop, we should all be able to see who is up to no good and who isn't. The main points in this thread as far as why the Cop in this Video is in the right is because "he was having a bad day", "he is USED to seeing thug mentality", or "he has to deal with "these people" on a daily basis". You know, I deal with stupid people every day but I don't need to call a citizens arrest. I deal with people who break the law some way or another every day and I don't need to call a citizens arrest.

The point is a Cop needs to be able to bust the TRUE CRIMINAL not the innocent by- stander. Otherwise everyone in this thread could be considered a criminal. That is the main issue.

This person in THIS video was good person no matter how low his jeans sagged. That is apparent. Don't try and PAINT everyone as a criminal because there pants hang low. I guarantee this doesn't happen in a rich neighborhood when kids are doing this same thing.

We are seeing Criminals every day these past couple weeks get bailed out by OUR GREAT GOVERNMENT on Wall Street, and there stealing Trillions of tax payers money. We are so worried about so called THUGS WEARING BAGGY JEANS that the true issue is right before our eyes. Please, wake up and see who the true CRIMINALS OUR in our society. Than you will truly see the problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I surely don't feel under attack from you. But, if you want to actually have a discussion about culture than I am all for it.

My culture had nothing to do with America. Your culture doesn't either. The only people who actually can say they have an AMERICAN culture is the Indians, but we all know that story.

This seems to be the main argument of Anglo-Americans. The true culture of this continents civilization is Indian. You can't really define Americas culture because it is so mixed. Football is the most popular sport in America but I would bet in about 10-20 years Soccer will be the most popular sport amongst the populace.

America is the great melting pot. Were not all black, white, chinese, mexican, mong, korean, etc. We are all sharing a great Country that needs to get its head out of its a** and realize why were a great nation again.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

This person in THIS video was good person no matter how low his jeans sagged.

You seem desperate to prove this point. Why?

Neither of us know if he's a truly good person. But I believe withholding information about crack houses, associating with police assaulters, jeering at cops does significant damage to the assertion.

But I suppose you're going to tell me like AAC does that he's forced to do these things? Do you even see anything wrong with them?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

The only thing I am basing my point regarding if he is a good person is how he dealt with the Police Man. The problem with todays GOOD police man is that THEY have the bias and intention to create problems when there not there.

See this thread to realize where were headed:

Police Rule

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Yeah, that isn't nice.

I think it would be a mistake to allow this to corrupt your view of the average cop, even when he is a little harsh.

The GOP is mainly to blame for what happened in St Paul.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Glad were finally on the same page. I don't have a problem with the AVERAGE Cop until the AVERAGE COP BECOMES CORRUPT. This is becoming to be a trend.

The Police at St Paul were mostly AVERAGE COPS with National Guards mixed in. This is a problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

From what I can gather...

Your points:

Thuggish looking.
Walking away from crack house
smiled and disrespected
Friend of alleged cop puncher/guilty by association
Cop has been victim of gradually breakdown, therefore is excused for having attitude.
Flexed on the cop with sudden jerk

My points:

(All things concerned with victim of assault)

No criminal record
Harassed with jail ultimatum about baggy paints when it isn't illegal
No one is ever guilty strictly by association, especially one with no criminal record.
The victim himself was disrespected and smiled in his only way to tolerate the disrespect.
In America we are taught that respect is earned.
Cop has HISTORY of excessive force.
Not willing to criminalize the victim based on stereotypes and misconceptions.
Cop asked to "say it to face." Cop is instigating and then allows the perp to "say it to face" is asking for it, which is why department terminated him.

Why play devil's advocate for a cop that has history of excessive force, and wasn't defended by his department heads?

No matter how it is slice, the scene screams BAD COP.

AAC

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by SteveR

Steveeee.....come on now. Looks like you picked up some more people to buy into your great need to argue.

You going to take that steve?

AAC

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by jackinthebox

I watched the movie Malibu's Most Wanted today.

I watch that on LA comcast cable today myself.
Well parts anyway!

Shrink Shrink tryn to make me think. Make me want to go to my sink and vomit... clean it up with comet... Earth is my plan-et. See, I can by you guys cars...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
From what I can gather...

It's easy to look good when you make lists. I knew you would not respond to the post that owned you.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
You going to take that steve?

I did... what's your point?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I knew you would not respond to the post that owned you.

I beg you to repost these... I'd love to have a real shot at them, since I was unable to find these gems myself after looking back, I must ask you to repost.

If you had amnesia for one day, and on that day you read back through this thread, I'd bet the house that you wouldn't agree with you.

Have you looked at the corner you've painted yourself in? And why have you done what you accuse me of? You didn't respond to the list I wrote. What are your beliefs? Make them clear and perhaps this debate will be more transparent.

AAC

[edit on 22-9-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join