It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Grants Colorado University $485,000,000 to study...Mars Weather!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

I could tell you the cure to cancer.

It's sulphuric acid diluted with hydrogen peroxide.

Actually, the H2O2 part of your "cure" is what X-Ray therapy is based upon:

Already in 1959 O. Warburg has noted in "Partielle Anaerobiose der Krebszellen und Wirkung der Rontgenstrahlen auf Krebszellen" ("Die Naturwissenschaften", vol. 2, 1959, pages 25 ff) that hydrogen peroxide can create a specific damage of cancer cells. Hydrogen peroxide acts at high concentrations as a cell poison. At low concentrations, in which it is found among others as an intermediate of the respiratory chain of the cells, it will be degraded by the enzyme catalase which is present in healthy cells. However, the enzyme catalase is present in cancer cells in only distinctly reduced concentration. Therefore, the therapeutic effect of X-rays is based upon the formation of hydrogen peroxide, which is degraded by catalase in healthy cells, whereas it has the desired damaging effect upon cancer cells. However, besides this effect, there are occuring side effects by using this therapy, which are based upon the known interaction processes of ionizing irradiation with organic tissue, and which are strongly straining the patient. The direct addition of hydrogen peroxide via the bloodstream to the cells to be treated, is impossible, because the catalase of the blood serum degrades the cell poison hydrogen peroxide before it reaches the cells to be cured.

www.freepatentsonline.com...
Note, however, the warnings.

On the other hand, the jury is still out on sulfuric acid and its relation to cancer. Although most studies do NOT show it to cause cancer in mice, there is a strong correlation in humans between sulfuric acid mists and certain cancers, such as cancer of the larynx.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow... why isn't there a Darwin awards on ATS?

2 Billion a week in Iraq your worried about a bunch of students studying a planet that might be able to hold a billion or 2 of us one day?

And your the Holy Spirit Huh? Then how come Christ told Mary Magdalene that Man was Conquerer of Stars?

You'd think the Holy Spirit would know that Christ viewed Armageddon as choice between man leaving the planet of fighting here on Earth

Guess the Vatican Builds telescopes because they aren't aware of the situation either

and g-d knows Enoch (who christ studied intently) nvever once mentions "the heavens" directly in different language than the term Heaven

Yeah Man has no destiny in Space as the prophits saw things

and 450 Million is alot of money out of a 4 Trillion dollar budget, Nasa gets 17 Bil at best to spend each year,

.5% of the US budget is devoted to continuation of our species, almost 1/5 to killing it off..

Guess the Parakeet has plans for our doom...hrmmmmmmm

Can't you post a thread about something in the budget worth losing? Like 250.00 hammers and 1800.00 beds? and Hillary turing around a 747 to pick up her daughters homework?

Good grief... you know aside from the fact that if you believe you will go straight to Hell for claiming to be the Holy Spirit if G-d is avalid premise... the thread also is moronic

Where do people come from who are willing to get on in Public and act like Nasa gets so much money

I love the financially moronic people who come in here and pretend to have issues about budgets and don't even know Nasa gets almost no actual money...

In fact Nasas money is so low I am 99% convinced the military has to have it's own black budget space program because our use of space is that ridiculously limited.

In military application alone space would be worth 100x the budget Nasa recieves, in terms of economics a single asteroid towed to earth is worth about 17 Trillion in precious metals... any idea of the resources available on 9 other planets and 100+ moons?

Parakeet you need your wings clipped you keep hitting your head on the mirror in the mental cage you live in.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Mana is obviously just trolling to stir a response.. I wouldn't give him much attention.

I'm glad CU Boulder was given the grant. A lot of people think research in space is just wasted money when it can be used for other things but if we stop funding projects to study other planets etc then we're caging ourselves in ignorance.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

I agree that we should be spending money on space research. The human race has a lot to gain from such results. My concern, and I know you are from Colorado, is that CU has had problems in the past with "rigged" studies, where they knew in advance what they would find. I refer to the Condon Study which was a virtual set-up between the US Air Force and CU. I have documented that above, but I'm sure you are aware of what I am talking about. This study is an agreement between CU and NASA, a similar set of parties. Having been privy to studies as a professor, I've seen many that were "pre-determined". That is my one concern.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

This was one of the most well thought out and put together posts I've read on ATS. Star for you...You said what I was only hinting at.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh
You college folk rely on people who don't set foot in a college.

Next time your water doesn't work, power doesn't come on, dishes are dirty at your favorite restaurant, think about how useful you damn college education, paid for by funding from taxpayers pockets.

Next time YOUR water doesn't work, power doesn't come on, I WILL be thinking about how useful my college education was. See, besides electricians who pull cables, there are actually these things called 'engineers' who design the entire electrical system in the first place. As a matter of fact, I am deeply involved with the industry, and a majority of the engineers that I work with have either been electricians before, done such work as part of their college curriculum, take CE courses or do hands-on work at jobsites.

It doesn't take an engineer to build a bridge, it takes steel workers, laborers, and everyone else.

Everyone else? Oh, you mean the engineering team who had to DESIGN the bridge, oversee its construction, and perform the commissioning once the construction was finished?

Bridges where built a long time ago without the elitists controlled institutions.

When exactly was it that elitists DIDN'T control institutions? If someone controls an institution (I am assuming banking, industry, military, etc.) wouldn't that, by default, make them an elitist? So even Ooomba Gooomba, our friendly caveman leader, was an elitist when he had the only weapon available to the clan. Even some hamlet leader in medieval times, who had land, tools, etc. would be an elitist. In addition, even a simple bridge takes science, technology, thinking, before it can be built, right?

Show me a Mars expedition that would happen without an electrician.

As soon as you show me a Mars expedition that would happen without an engineer!

Show me a doctor who could charge their extravagent wage without a good plumber.

As soon as you show me a plumber with cancer who could go to work and fix pipes without treatment from a doctor!

All your college degrees don't mean squat without people who keep the world working.

All the people who 'keep the world working' don't mean squat without the college degrees.

All the greed Lehman Brothers college educated brats can't keep making their loser bets without electricians, janitors, plumbers, etc.

Ya almost got me here! But, see, the thing is, you keep thinking the Lehman Brothers college educate brats are losing their bets... Couldn't be farther from the truth! Plenty of them are filthy rich (emphasis on 'filthy') at the 'working people's' expense. There isn't much of a downside, regardless of what the public's impression is (bankruptcy).

Besides, we weren't in the dark ages before science. Science just brought better weapons, banks, and the rest of things that overeducated people produce, because they don't have nothing better to do.

When exactly was this time you refer to as 'before science'?
Science is: knowledge, facts, truths. When did humans not have any knowledge? Science has done plenty of things besides making better weapons, banks, etc. See, even a plumber (yes, the one working in the doctor's office) uses science (knowledge, facts, truths, physical laws) each and every day!

And please, for the love of all things good, what exactly is an 'overeducated' person?

I'll finish by bringing up a perfect example of why you are wrong.. and why anyone who says the college educated people are more valuable than the everyday workers is wrong as well.

Truckers. Truckers love to threaten strike and claim how "without us, trade would stop, industry would stop and people wouldn't have any food or anything else!"

But you see, without PEOPLE, there would be no need for truckers. No demand for food means we don't need no stinkin' truckers to drive the food to the grocery store.

We are all in this together. Some people are better at and and enjoy hands on work, so they become the plumbers, electricians, steel workers. Some people might be better thinkers, or had a nice trust fund and could afford college.. they go on to be engineers, doctors, lawyers. There are slackers and losers on both sides of the fence. I know engineers who should be flipping burgers, and I'm sure there're electricians that caught a bad break in life and could have been a rocket scientist. But, maybe they're happy making $30, $40 or more per hour as a journeyman.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Still waiting for your reply, Manasseh.

(Is there a rule here about one line posts? I think I've seen something to that effect.)

[edit on 18-9-2008 by LushMojo]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes, typical.

They laughed at Noah.

They spit on Jesus.

Nothing has changed.

Hope you don't break your arm, patting yourself on the back.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LushMojo

I don't know you.

Good luck.

Check out the tunnel system under the Buffs stadium.

I know you won't look into the hair samples.

Your either afraid I'm right, or already know about it, and keep it hushed.

And we both know it's the latter.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yes, typical.

They laughed at Noah.

They spit on Jesus.

Nothing has changed.

Hope you don't break your arm, patting yourself on the back.

So, you're STILL completely ignoring my question (because we all know you can't supply the information). Tell me this then, Manasseh.....if you're the parakletos and such a sacred figure then why drop the F bomb as you did on the first page of this thread? I would imagine that something so profane would be verboten, but you seem to have your own set of rules. You sir, are a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by LushMojo

I don't know you.

Good luck.

Check out the tunnel system under the Buffs stadium.

I know you won't look into the hair samples.

Your either afraid I'm right, or already know about it, and keep it hushed.

And we both know it's the latter.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Manasseh]

Yes, it's the latter. You're exactly right.

You should seek psychological help. Seriously.

Barring that do us all a favor and stop claiming allegiance with Christ. You've no ties with him and that's clear.

Edit - on second thought, if you believe so strongly in these "cure" theories of yours then you should enroll at a local university, obtain a degree in a field that pertains to the type of research you'd like to do and then do it yourself. Then, you could prove us all wrong when you publish.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by LushMojo]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

I agree 100% with yours and the OP's views.

I think its outrageous when the dollar is crashing, we are at war, banks are closing, insurance companies are going bankrupt, that we are trying to find out the past weather of Mars.....

I think there may be other USEFUL ways to spend the money.

Why couldn't they just have donated it?

Everyone that doesn't get this isn't seeing the big picture and IMHO really needs a reality check.

Thanks for the information OP

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i stopped reading this thread after the constant attacks on education kept happening

and on top of that all that came from that one guys mouth was information about god

truth is

which the op keeps talking about...ya know "truth"

truth is we need education

those plumbers and electricians you talk about wouldn't have anything to fix or make or set up without science leading the way to new technology to give us running water, sinks, lights, electricity etc

the debate here shouldn't be against the govt. funding schools and education

in fact thats one of the few things the govt. is doing right

we should be learning and reaching out as far into the universe as we can

but what needs to be addressed is why are we spending this amount of money on education

yet we are spending a absurdly ridiculous amount more on wars and "national defense" which is only taking away our rights and making this the kind of life we had a revolution to rid ourselves of

we need to be a peaceful civilization not a war-faring one

the commercial for the game spore says it better then anyone else ive seen yet

it explains you start off as a small organism and work your way up to a giant civilization that wages war against other civilizations until they realize theyd be much better off if they band together to form a peacefully colony on their planet and work toward the stars

put down the bible open your eyes ignore propaganda and think for yourself

we need to better this world and stop preaching the good word of your own personal religion whatever it may be and form the peaceful civilization we are meant to be and only then will we be able to stop the violence and end all of society's problems but we'll never do that when we have radicals forcing religious views down other peoples throats

you want to have the money to help people and not be in the economic situation we're in right now but we are doing this to ourselves by not fighting back, by not standing up for ourselves, our rights and beliefs, by not electing the proper people to government
office instead of these political career stooges that we do today

if we got rid of all the wars being fought today, if we ended the rediculous drug war, if we invested more money into education we wouldnt be broke, wall st wouldnt be collapsing, we wouldnt be scared of iran and n korea having nukes

because with proper education nukes would be nonexistent if we were all smart enough we wouldnt need to fight because we would be able to solve problems with words not weapons

but all i see now are politicians and religious fanatics using words as weapons

this isnt a attack on religion this is a attack on fanatics
theres a time and place for everything and public forums in which we want to hold debates and exchange knowledge should be reserved for just that
knowledge not out of date beliefs
we as a society need to leave religion in our bedrooms and step outside into the classrooms where we all teach and learn from each other using facts and end the guess work, the rumors and all the b.s.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Dramey]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ok so theres currently around 304,095,000 people in US right? So this money along with the new budget for the Military in the name of defence, along the lines of 600 billion....

I just have 1 question

WHY IS THERE PEOPLE STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE when the government could easily give everyone a Million without blinking an eye? After all it is YOUR money they're spending. Im confused!

[edit on 19-9-2008 by kcfusion]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
reply to post by PieKeeper

I agree 100% with yours and the OP's views.

I think its outrageous when the dollar is crashing, we are at war, banks are closing, insurance companies are going bankrupt, that we are trying to find out the past weather of Mars.....

I think there may be other USEFUL ways to spend the money.

Why couldn't they just have donated it?

Everyone that doesn't get this isn't seeing the big picture and IMHO really needs a reality check.

Thanks for the information OP

After all the things you just mentioned in this post, you would think you would be up in arms more about the illegal war in Iraq, the irresponsible group of private bankers called the federal reserve, the billions we spend sending foreign aid all over, and the massive amounts of earmarks. Instead, your worried about some legitimate research going on in an institution that is there for just that kind of thing.

Get your head out of the sand. Read up on how that money is being distributed. Research and find how many companies are involved. Find out how many private investors have stake in the program.

Above all, have an open mind and look past the cosmetic comments in this thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

That's a drop in the bucket compared to the new Bush defense budget of almost $650 billion....more than double the already obscene amount when he took office. Research dollars actually grow, and be glad the people got something besides more fighter jets and laser guided bombs...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

Thats not what this thread is about all mighty one!

No comments needed.....

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

If that is not what the thread is about, then why sir, did you bring it up? Instead of cutting out projects that can help improve our understanding of our planet and the changes of the weather patterns, let's address the problems that are hurting our economy. I assure you, the money going to the project is not why houses are getting forclosed on, companies going under and getting bailed out by the government, and definately not why we are in an energy crisis.

Hey I stumped my toe, I better ice down my elbow. Great logic.

Just wanted to edit this in... I am assuming you are upset about tax dollars going to fund projects such as we are discussing, but if you are just upset about money in general being spent, then I still think your being irrational because in a free society, we are allowed to spend money on whatever we see fit. Government is held to a different standard, but the private sector can invest in better ways to launch water balloons if they want to even during a great depression. That is the down side to a free market, but there are too many ups to sulk about that.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Aaron_Justin]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

NASA chose a University of Colorado proposal for a $485 million Mars mission on Monday after a nine-month delay caused by a conflict of interest in the selection process.
NASA has not disclosed what the conflict of interest was or who it involved, other than to say last year that it was not created by NASA but by one of the two groups. The space agency said last December that a "serious" conflict of interest in one of two proposals forced it to disband the board formed to pick the winner, and create a new panel to award the contract

www.abclocal.go.com.../technology&id=6389980

Aerosols have always been an interesting puzzle piece in learning how climate works. Lighter aerosols reflect heat and sunlight and have cooling properties. Darker aerosols absorb heat and light, warming the atmosphere. UAE2's mission will measure aerosol properties, where aerosols move, and whether they add or remove warmth. Scientists also hope to model and explain complicated weather patterns in the coastal regions of the Arabian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.

By obtaining more accurate data about aerosols and their behavior, scientists will improve computer climate models and predictions of climate behavior in response to changes in aerosol concentrations. To accomplish this task, NASA will start from space, using primarily its Terra and Aqua satellites, but other satellites as well.

www.nasa.gov...

This is ALL about weather modification, under disguise.

What a bunch of losers

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
At some point, the human race will evolve scientifically to be able to control the weather. It is inevitable. Think about the advantages to such a thing. No more draughts on crops. No more flooding on crops. You cannot stop science sir, no matter how much you hate it, no matter how much you try and bash it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join