It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Grants Colorado University $485,000,000 to study...Mars Weather!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OK, I just saw this on the news and couldn't believe my ears, but it's true.

The University of Colorado will lead a $485 million effort to investigate the past climate of Mars.

www.9news.com...

At a time when people are hurting, worldwide, NASA is spending nearly 1/2 billion dollars to study what? The Past Climate ON MARS???!!! WTF.

Where in the hell does NASA get all this money???

You, me, and the rest of the suckers diligently paying their taxes.

And what good to mankind does this investigation accomplish?

It's truly time for a revolution!

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

yeah dark ages are so much better for mankind than science and understanding weather mechanics and, i dont know, saving lives from being lost in natural disasters.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

Understand all the science you want.

Doesn't stop hurricanes, feed the hungry.

All those college brats couldn't go down to Texas right now and
get the power back on.

Typical clueless response.

Besides, what does understanding the weather on Mars have to do with our position in life. NOTHING.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You college folk rely on people who don't set foot in a college.

Next time your water doesn't work, power doesn't come on, dishes are dirty at your favorite restaurant, think about how useful you damn college education, paid for by funding from taxpayers pockets.

It doesn't take an engineer to build a bridge, it takes steel workers, laborers, and everyone else.

Bridges where built a long time ago without the elitists controlled institutions.

Show me a Mars expedition that would happen without an electrician.

Show me a doctor who could charge their extravagent wage without a good plumber.

All your college degrees don't mean squat without people who keep the world working.

All the greed Lehman Brothers college educated brats can't keep making their loser bets without electricians, janitors, plumbers, etc.

Besides, we weren't in the dark ages before science. Science just brought better weapons, banks, and the rest of things that overeducated people produce, because they don't have nothing better to do.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I would MUCH rather spend that half-billion on a needless wars and earmark projects!

The ignorance in this OP is astounding, truly.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Yeah, another example of college education destroying Gods people.

Politics. Harvard, Princeton, etc.

Yeah, if I'm ignorant, what does that make you.

Scientists split the atom, politician dropped the bomb.
Good thing they went to college to learn these useful tools

Another example of how elitists colleges have moved mankind away from
God.

All the science in the world, won't grow you a natural tomato. Only someone who understands that God grows EVERTHING from a seed, will truly feed a soul.

Another lost soul.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So...does NASA twiddle its' thumbs while contracting work out to people who actually pay their institution tuition to be there and work?

What does NASA do...if they can spend half a billion dollars at one university?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is a classic give and take. They give Colorado University 445 million for a bogus study, and Colorado hands them back 445 million for the real secret project.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

They are contracting work out to people not using money they earned, but money someone else worked hard for, namely taxpayers.

To study weather, umm on Mars.

Defend them all day if you must.

It disgusts me.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

You've hit the nail on the head.

Elitists pigs helping elitists pigs.

It's easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle.....

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

you think science is useless? well tell me how engineering is unrelated to science..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have nothing against this grant in of itself. I support this kind of research! Great things can come from science, as history has clearly demonstrated.

But the magnitude of that number is staggering to me.

I just wish everytime grants like these were given, a portion of it went to disease research and development, or something!! Mars weather just doesn't seem tangible enough to me to outweigh the more obvious needs.

Just wish the people with deep pockets would look around, instead of always looking up.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
For those that don't know, or have forgotten, the University of Colorado is the institution that produced the infamous "Condon Report", which was a hack job, packed with lies about the potential for UFO's.

Two stunning new revelations have emerged from the collection of 1,200 pages of files copied by MUFON's Project Pandora from the files of the late Roy Craig, a physical chemist who was a key investigator for the University of Colorado's UFO study. One, it turns out that late in the study a project scientist wrote a memo admitting that more than 50% of their cases had turned out to be unexplained. Two, proof has now been found that project director Edward Condon had not in fact read his own report before writing up the report's "Conclusions and Recommendations," the opening chapter in the front of the report.

That is what your tax dollars will buy. Nice, huh?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

Everything learned comes from trial and error.

Science is only studying what has been learned, and trying to improve on it.

Take the farmer. It takes a lifetime to learn who to be a productive farmer.

Then scientists come along and "engineer" a better seed. We will all suffer from their ignorance.

The farmer raises cattle for beef. The scientist comes along and "engineers" beef with cloning, hormones. We will ALL suffer from their ignorance.

Tell me the benefits we have received from that.

It was the "educated" priests who killed Jesus, because they were certain he was blasphemous. We have suffered because of it.

It's the scientists who have manipulated the weather, engineered wars and plunged the unsuspecting citizens into global credit slavery.

The scientist, engineers, politician, etc. have no clue what it's like to earn an honest living, in my opinion.

And since I am the Parakletos, you will know my opinion, in due time.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

And since I am the Parakletos, you will know my opinion, in due time.

Oh, I see. You claim to be the Holy Spirit. I think you'd be more at home in a thread with the Reptilians, those abducted by Aliens, those that think they're Tesla reincarnated, etc. I don't think that the Holy Spirit would announce HIS presence on ATS. In addition, I don't think the Holy Spirit would have an OPINION. It would be more of a DIRECTIVE. Boy, now I think I've heard everything on ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Umm, you need to study the bible. I am here to show people the truth. The truth about our governments seperating themselves from the people. The truth about people who intentionally move mankind away from God, thinking they can win control over earth.

Let me tell you a few things. I use ATS because I can get 20000 people to read what I write in a 24 hr period. I use ATS because there are people here looking for answers. People who aren't afraid to ask the right questions.
Don't think I'm any different in person. I tell people the same truths, face to face. Yet I earn my own bread. I don't rely on some congregation to pay my way. Time, is something that I don't have a lot of. So I target certain subjects, certain websites. It's all about sowing the seed.

Death, is a gift from God. It's is a means to end suffering.

When God takes away death, suffering will be endless. We are less than 5 years from this reality.

I am the Parakletos.

one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate

www.studylight.org...

I will plead mankinds case before Jesus. But judgement day will come AFTER God's wrath. Many will suffer what will feel like an eternity in the Sea of Lost Souls. The Ring Of Fire is a very real thing.

Economic meltdown, police state, supernatural things, is in all of our futures, because of the arrogance of mankind.

The chaff, will be removed from the wheat.

And I will be starting a thread soon, talking about why I am the parakletos, and what it means to people, and what is to come.

But not until I have exposed some necessary truths.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I would love to see how you can tie that post into the thread topic

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Why do you say less than 5 years Manessah. We should not set dates because that would presume you speak for or know Gods timeframe?

I have speculated that it could be sometime in 2092 because of all the math actually working out along with other clues, but I stated thias is only an unproven theory.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yes as real conversation often does in real life, it has shot off in a different direction. Wait are the ATS Mod squad coming...I think I hear their goose steps just now. Heil!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'll make a topic-related post.

How do you study past weather on another planet? Do they just glance at pictures and go "Hmph... looks like erosion."

Great, almost 500 million dollars to look at pictures.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join