It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Grants Colorado University $485,000,000 to study...Mars Weather!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

You cannot stop science sir, no matter how much you hate it, no matter how much you try and bash it.

You underestimate me.

Watch me.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Awesome stuff, can't wait till we start sending manned missions to mars. As for the direction of this thread... idiocracy sums it all up. Religion has nothing to do with space research. If you want to be "one with nature," get naked, climb a tree and start throwing your fecies at strangers. If you want to better mankind, study science. But for the love of Christ, leave god out of this. This is the reason so many people who could have been converted to religion went athiest instead. Which for my case, i chose god because it's sounds better than simply ceasing to exist.
DENY IGNORANCE, thats the mission statement of this site is it not? Yet alot of posts clearly demonstrate alot of it. I myself haven't been to college... yet, but after seeing this topic i feel all the more motivated.
Back to the topic, it all falls down to the ant and the grasshopper, we're simply planning ahead. The current mess with the market is from not planning ahead. In fact alot of the worlds f-ups are a result of planning. So I see this as a good thing.

-OUT-

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

Next time someone spells Gods name with a small g, I'm going to smack em.

Show a little respect, or don't post. What a jerk!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
ummm get over it?

topic is about uc getting .5 billion in funds for a study, not you religious convictions.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh

You cannot stop science sir, no matter how much you hate it, no matter how much you try and bash it.

You underestimate me.

Watch me.

There is nothing you can do. You can continue to pretend like you speak for god and you are holier than though, but in reality you are powerless. You control nothing. You cannot stop human progression. Noone can. Humanity has proven that time and again.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Sweet dreams.

God is watching you.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by joe_dirt976

Next time someone spells Gods name with a small g, I'm going to smack em.

Show a little respect, or don't post. What a jerk!

I particularly like that last sentence, and the one before it. Such contradiction, and from someone who claims to be the mouth of god.

By the way,how can I respect something that doesn't exist (for me)?

I'm all for the spending on this....much rather this than more money to the military!

Nice pictures, I particularly like that colourful red one, though the sky and clouds is quite pretty too. Not proof of god though, so let's try to get back on topic.

To paraphrase Bart Simpson; "Smite me".

[edit on 20/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Sweet dreams.

God is watching you.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Manasseh]

Yeah, I think God is watching you, too. How do you think he felt about you dropping that F bomb on the first page of this thread you started? Do you think he approves of that? "From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".

You're a hypocrite, Manasseh. Repent before you stand before this god you claim to know. You, sir, are either completely deceived or utterly in need of psychiatric help.

Note to others - I'm generally not a judgemental jerk like this; I just think this guy is a total fraud and I think he should get some of his own medicine. He obviously don't believe in or live by his own standards.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by LushMojo]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
its really tragic this thread only has about 6 pages when its something as important as this

this is about our civilization achieving incredible things

just the fact we're talking about studying weather on mars is remarkable and proof of our scientific advancement

with our science knowledge we could save the world from the atrocities that are happening today but politics and religious beliefs are doing nothing but standing in the way

instead of discussing the potential and the possibilities of one of the few GOOD things that we are doing with our power and knowledge we are sitting here bickering about religion and whether or not to capitalize god or not

seriously what the hell??

we're spending trillions on wars and wall street and overseas crap but we bicker over a couple bucks being spent on mars??

wake up sheeple...im not saying "dont be religious"

im saying use the brain that "god" gave you

everyones soooo quick to pull that card that screams my religions better then your religion or im better then you because you're athiest and i spell god with a G and thats pathetic

religion may have done alot of good

but so did oil

and now we realize oils destroying us...so we're looking for new answers

all these religions that have done good are also YEARS old and have caused severe pain and oppression

all wars are over religion and oil since the beginning of time, this is well documented yet we still have these fanatics shouting my gods better then yours

stop shouting and use your brain to back your words and shut up and solve problems rather then talk the big propaganda talk and then forget how to walk the walk soon as your mouth stops moving

i mean look at everything done in the name of religion

stop and think and please lets stick to facts here on ats so we can have mature debates and get factual information rather then just hearing everyones different interpretation of their own religion

religion shouldnt be mentioned in this thread

this is about money for our kids in school who will be the future of this civilization and im damn proud that we are spending this money in this area

id love to hear from anyone in the scientific field discuss what the potential of this program might be,
what will this all lead to
is this the beginning of us colonizing space
is this us finally venturing out to become a space traveling civilization?
what are the reasons and ideas behind all of this

i really look forward to learning more on this subject

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join