It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swing-State Newspapers Distribute 'Terror' Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Swing-State Newspapers Distribute 'Terror' Videos

rawstory.com

A 60-minute DVD, titled "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West," is being distributed in millions of newspapers across the country this week primarily in swing states through an advertising purchase by a shadowy group called the Clarion Fund.

The Times last Sunday inserted 145K DVDs in its papers delivered in: Denver, Miami/Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Detroit, Kansas City, St Louis, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee/Madison.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.editorandpublisher.com
www.obsessionthemovie.com

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Do Not Alter Or Remove Staff Edits.

[edit on 14/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on (9/14/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West (1 of 10)

In my opinion this is shameless propaganda the likes of which I NEVER thought I would see in the USA. What person can look at this as anything but fear-mongering in its most blinding definition.

Millions spent on this DVD. When we are more likely to die in Auto Accidents, from cigarettes, and disease.
Insurance companies, tobacco, and pharmaceutical companies are deadlier to the USA citizenry than any Violent Islamic terrorist.

To me the message this DVD is sending is clear: Vote McCain or Islamic Terrorists will kill you.

PEOPLE.... WAKE THE HECK UP! please....

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The Clarion Fund Website

Obsession The Movie Website

[edit on (9/14/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am not in any of the states to which this DVD was distributed. I would honor the first ATS member who has received this DVD at their home from their newspaper delivery who will inform us about it.

Please inform the thread about any accompanying documentation or articles, and information such as any fine-print on the DVD cases. Who created it, directed it, etc.

Waiting to hear from someone, because I know someone on ATS will get this thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

You're video is unavailable. I hope it didn't get pulled already since you only posted 15 minutes ago...

From the Clarion Funds homepage.

CLARION FUND, created in November 2006, is a non-profit, non-partisan organization whose mission is to educate Americans about issues of national security.

Our primary focus is on the most urgent threat of radical Islam. By utilizing the following three mediums, Clarion Fund is helping Americans understand that the mainstream media is not adequately conveying the reality of radical Islam:

clarionfund.org...

Non-partisan... yea right..

[edit on 14-9-2008 by ben420]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, they’re certainly pulling out all the stops this time around. I wonder why they believe this is necessary, since everyone is already giving the election to PALIN/mccain? I think they realize that the electorate is fed up with their BS and is getting harder to control. After all, the PTB wanted Ghouliani vs. Billary.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well now we know where some of that $2.42 billion in US aid to a certain zionist controlled middle east nation goes to.

Gotta keep the FEAR!!! alive and well in u.s.a. Inc. Amerika.

Typical neo-con/zionist modus operandi.

But they really should get with the times, there's a new Booooogieman in town.

Look for a new dvd in next weeks newspapers, Those evil 'commmies from Russia' are amassing in Venezuela, and their gonna 'Bomb' You & Your Children!!!

Of course your opinion may vary...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

In my opinion this is shameless propaganda the likes of which I NEVER thought I would see in the USA. What person can look at this as anything but fear-mongering in its most blinding definition.

So what exactly about this is propaganda? I've seen the video and I'm pretty sure its all factual. What are you saying, that Islamic extremist don't exists? That they aren't spreading throughout the world?

I find it interesting that you would call this propaganda, but your videos that constantly demonize the police are supposed to be considered the god's honest truth? Are you guys that are always trying to scare people about Christians, than you turn around and defend Islam?

I received one of these in our paper today and I must say it made me very happy. People need to stop kidding themselves. I've been calling for the airing of beheading, burning alive and mass execution video from these Islamic extremists. Simply dismissing it and pretending its nothing more than a distraction, will be a great mistake.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Looks like the 1st youtube vid is down.

Here's a link to another one.

Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West (1 of 10)

Hope I haven't violated any of the new terms for posting video links.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I heard about this video some time ago..by way of my sister out west. This is not a new video ...only suppressed by the bulk of the media.

I don't think this video will be available in Blockbuster. I have bookmarked the site for completion of viewing the video.

My thanks to the posters for making the computer address avavilable for watching the video.

As I understand it ...certain European countrys are having great difficultys as this system of Radical Islam is attempting to make inroads into thier social structure and overtake it. This is being severely downplayed in most of our media. The attempt seems to be to keep the bulk of Americans amused with sports and American Idol type programs.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 14-9-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What is going on here? This seperatism world wide has got to stop or we are no better than the extremists.

Why dont we just leave them to themselves and stop allowing them to infiltrate the entire world? They would have to fight amongst themselves and maybe just maybe eventually they would stop being the big religious babies that they are and walk into the 21st century.

I am not going to watch the video even if they send me one. I just cant take anymore of this negative conflict from any side of this muslum christian battle.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'll bet you AIPAC is behind this.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What have they done?

Can there be any reasonable doubt as to the political aspect of this 'release'? Does anyone receiving this media not consider the timeliness of its arrival, or who owns the paper that prostituted itself to this cause?

We REALLY need to get the word out - I mean, seriously. What's next?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is a massive propaganda campaign. Anyone who's done even moderate amounts of research knows who really funds and runs the big terror attacks.

warofillusions.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Look at the bottom right of the cover where it says "Required viewing.." a comment from the executive producer of the show "24". Is that show "24" one that is often used to push hidden messages such as 'it is OK to torture children', etc? I thought there was an ATS thread about that show somewhere, can't find it now.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by King Crass

i do believe muslims do have an agenda against the west because Irans Muslim Clerics speak about destoying the west on tv..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just like putin says, the propaganda in the west gets people to beleive anything. People just do not think for them selves in any amount, just consume and feed there wants.

These people have this as an art.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You guys crack me up. As if we need the video to know there is Islamic extremists. How many days goes by that they aren't blowing themselves up somewhere or burning down cities because of cartoons?

Its interesting that you guys are actually arguing for the suppression of factual information, simply because it goes against your ideology. I'm sure all the people wringing their hands here, would have no problems with a video of their choice being distributed in the papers. Perhaps a 9/11 "truth" video or something about those evil police? We're supposed to worry about cops and pepper spray, but lets just ignore Islamic terrorism because its not politically correct to fight anyone who isn't white.

Originally posted by andy1033
Just like putin says, the propaganda in the west gets people to beleive anything. People just do not think for them selves in any amount, just consume and feed there wants.

These people have this as an art.

LOL, I mean you guys are listening to advice from Putin. If that doesn't prove something, nothing will.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I also received one of these in the paper, and started watching it. It is very anti-Islamic. It isn't the movie that bothers me so much as the agenda behind sending these out. This is no different than the swiftboat adds put out back in 2004. Who ever funded this is obviously trying to scare us into voting for McCain.

I would agree with the previous poster that AIPAC is probably behind it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join