It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin announces daughter is pregnant

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why in the world would I care other then to be concerned about the welfare of the children involved about the business of a 17 year old child. Do I agree with children getting pregnant; of course not. My point is we should leave this child out of it. She isn't running for officer; her mother is and this has no revelance to the election. I care about what her mother does and thinks not this child.

She has enough to worry about; she should be left alone. God Bless her.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Spork-

Do you work for the McCain campaign?

Are you the pastor of a mega church?

Just wonderin you seem very confident with your answers!

Your replies are pithy and rhythmic. You should consider a rimshot wav at the end of point you make.

Oh and I would never presume to question an individuals CHOICE in private matters!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

This woman has lots of skeletons in her closet.

She does? What are they?

The only skeletons I have seen are made up ones created in people's minds.

And what does New Orleans have to do with her pregnant daughter?

[edit on 9/1/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Stay tunned.

Go look at your tv again-

Something about Sarah having to lawyer up now .......

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

No not I'm implying, I'm stating (very heavy handedly, I might add), that in general(based on the most current studies) abstinence only programs are less effective at preventing teen pregnancy than sex ed programs that offer education on methods of birth control. Yes teaching abstinence will benefit some but not all will abstain, so for them, educating them in proper birth control methods will be much more effective in preventing teen pregnancy than abstinence and the "pull out" method.

To assume that if you tell teens to abstain that they will no questions asked, is naive. It is human and animal nature to have sex, it is programmed into our DNA. A combination of both abstinence and sex ed, that discusses birth control options is much more effective than abstinence alone. And most abstinence only programs are just that abstinence ONLY, sex education is frowned upon and thus not taught at all. So when a teen or child finds themself in a postion were they are going to have sex they are not educated enough to make a decision to use birth control.

I completely agree with you. There are many different paths to achieve the same goal, why do we limit the perspective paths to achieve them?

We should give our children as much different information on the subject and hope they grab on to some thing and make the right choice.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And giving McCain time to strategize his next move...such a painful move...

McCain knew of this prior to announcing his choice. I'm sure he was able to foresee what this might stir up.

I think the only thing that McCain/Palin were caught off-guard about was all of the disgusting lies being thrown around by the left-wingers accusing Palin of faking her pregnancy.

It seems to me that the liberals are the ones that seem to be the most upset about this ... they were optimistic and hopeful that this would bring the GOP down and that McCain/Palin would lose the evangelical voters that they had gained when Palin was announced.

The Evangelicals seem to be rallying around the Palin family, and just as McCain said he didn't believe the situation was relevant to her running for VP, it seems that most people are in agreement with that.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Sorry, I just wanted to cover all my bases because I'm sure I'll be attacked from one group or another. Apologies if comments seemed derogatory or directed at you specifically.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Something about Sarah having to lawyer up now .......

Seriously? Please keep us posted. I'm not sure why her daughters pregnancy would cause her to have to get a bunch of lawyers.

Maybe the lawyers are to stop the nasty, disgusting lies about her son, Trig, not being her son.

I've got the news on but so far not a peep about Palin and lawyers.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is on the news now:

Obama has said that if any of his campaign employees were involved in any of the vicious rumors they would be fired. I hope he does investigate and weed out any bad apples if they are indeed part of the smears.

They just spent 5 minutes discussing the Palin issue and there was no mention of Palin 'lawyering up'.

They also mentioned that the far right is still supporting Palin and the issue of Bristols pregnancy is not an issue for Palin being on the ticket.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
sorry but i have to ask. did mccain's people really even vet this woman?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Why in the world would I care other then to be concerned about the welfare of the children involved about the business of a 17 year old child. Do I agree with children getting pregnant; of course not. My point is we should leave this child out of it. She isn't running for officer; her mother is and this has no relevance to the election.

So the morality or lack there of, of the family, doesn't concern you for a potential President of the United States. This is completely relevant to the election. All the nuances of Obama's family has been examined and scrutinized. What's the difference?

What party champions "family values?"

It sucks when your hypocrisy is exposed, huh?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Why in the world would I care other then to be concerned about the welfare of the children involved about the business of a 17 year old child. Do I agree with children getting pregnant; of course not. My point is we should leave this child out of it. She isn't running for officer; her mother is and this has no relevance to the election.

So the morality or lack there of, of the family, doesn't concern you for a potential President of the United States. This is completely relevant to the election. All the nuances of Obama's family has been examined and scrutinized. What's the difference?

What party champions "family values?"

It sucks when your hypocrisy is exposed, huh?

I think the simple fact that she is keeping her baby and will be marrying the father shows that the daughter does have family values.

Hard to believe that the right wing fundamental Christians have less of a problem with this than the liberals. Who would have thought?!?!?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is not a republican nor democratic issue. This is an issue of a woman who based her entire public persona on being a spectacular christian mother.

Who has NO PROBLEM telling you what you should and should not do with your own body (pro-life), in your own home (pro-criminalization of marijuana, even though she freely admits smoking when it was legal of course), and in your own mind/heart (she actively pursues religion being taught in the classroom).

You cannot take the moralistic high ground while completely failing in your own life. If you cannot run your own house how will you run the White House?

I don't care about teenage pregnancy but it is without a doubt a failure on her mother's part. Birth control is a simple straightforward conversation that I'm sure Palin would have had with her daughter had she not been so busy using her office to harass her sisters ex-husband.

Again actively pushing morals on others is ridiculous if you have none of your own to speak of.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
OK,
I can't even finish reading all the posts because of the redundancy so I'll just go ahead and put this out anyway.

Obama already made the blunt statement that if his family is to be left alone the same goes for Palin's. Anyone caught not abiding by that statement will be fired.

Now here is how this whole thing plays out:
After confirming daughter is preggers, things will calm down for a week or so.
Then news comes out that daughter has miscarriage.
Daughter preggers, Palin's baby, everybody happy.

I had to come back and add this: As reported that Palin didn't "show" at 7 months must run in the family 'cause daughter looks awfully slim in the family photo-op after mom's nomination.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Spork-

Do you work for the McCain campaign?

No.

Are you the pastor of a mega church?

Nope.

Just wonderin you seem very confident with your answers!

Your replies are pithy and rhythmic. You should consider a rimshot wav at the end of point you make.

By golly, I am good, aren't I?

Oh and I would never presume to question an individuals CHOICE in private matters!

Nor would I. I just wish we could finally decide on what a "private matter" is.

Edit: dang typos...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Maybe its because im not american so such trival matters dont really bother me BUT why does this matter? How does the fact that a candidates daughter who is above the age of consent got pregnant effect her ability to represent the people?

It does not and for this reason alone it deservs no place in the spot light. Save it for the more important issues.

Just me 2 cent

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Hard to believe that the right wing fundamental Christians have less of a problem with than the liberals.

Prove it!!

I think the simple fact that she is keeping her baby and will be marrying the father shows that the daughter does have family values

Shotgun wedding?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObamasLoveChild
This is not a republican nor democratic issue. This is an issue of a woman who based her entire public persona on being a spectacular christian mother.

Who has NO PROBLEM telling you what you should and should not do with your own body (pro-life), in your own home (pro-criminalization of marijuana, even though she freely admits smoking when it was legal of course), and in your own mind/heart (she actively pursues religion being taught in the classroom).

You cannot take the moralistic high ground while completely failing in your own life. If you cannot run your own house how will you run the White House?

I don't care about teenage pregnancy but it is without a doubt a failure on her mother's part. Birth control is a simple straightforward conversation that I'm sure Palin would have had with her daughter had she not been so busy using her office to harass her sisters ex-husband.

Again actively pushing morals on others is ridiculous if you have none of your own to speak of.

Egregiuos irrational effluvium

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The ABC Newsblog mentions that "in an AP/Ipsos poll last October, Americans divided on the best way to reduce teenage pregnancy. 51% said it was by emphasizing sex education and birth control, 40% by emphasizing morality and abstinence".

It is clear that Mrs Palin failed in both of those - she can't educate her own daughter and yet she would impose her views on the rest of America.

i think she might pull out of this election. Whats she going to do drag evryone to D.C or leave them miles away in alaska? is putting her career before her family a good idea?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is what some1 was referring to when they said she hired a lawyer

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com... 1/palin-has-hired-lawyer-as-trooper-probe-continues/

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join