It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
I think most of us citizens in this country would like to have those with less experience.

I agree. I'd vote for a Pres/VP that had the same amount of experience as Obama and Palin then someone that's been entrenched in the system as long as McCain and Biden. Heck, they can't do any worse!!

Originally posted by GrndLkNatvJust remember the real reason most of the long termers are in office.... It's because they are too ....king dumb to have a real job...

Word

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I think its all part of McCains plan.

Obama has already sent out a statement saying something along the lines of McCain being out of his mind for putting someone so inexperienced one heart beat away from the white house.

I believe from the deepest depths of my soul that Obama is being set up to look like the hypocrite that he is!

And that is worth making a pick like Palin? Good one. McCain is suddenly a bigger believer of change and not so hot on experience any longer. He should contact Dave Axelrod for some pointers with the campaign.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think it was a brillant move on behalf of the McCain campaign.

Palin has a Son about to be deployed to Iraq, she is a woman with 5 kids (hello Soccer Moms), and has quality experience in managing an entire State.

She's also better-looking than Obama
I'm sure that will make Obama a tad Jealous and even more bitter.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Maybe, but I think it makes John Edwards more jealous.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What I'd like to ask McCain, is does he even know anyone who knows more than I do about economics?

Trying to tip the experience scales in Palins favor is like trying to fill in the Grand Canyon with a garden trowel. Not going to happen, and this will become very apparent at the VP debate.

Oh wait, Obama was never on the PTA...

The whole thing is now a sham and a game more than it ever was. For me, Palins constantly wearing a label that says "McCain needed a VP, and I'm the only one that had enough oil".

I won't be voting for Obama (or McCain), but I have to admit, I can't wait to watch prove her ignorance debating Biden.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
I think it was a brillant move on behalf of the McCain campaign.

Palin has a Son about to be deployed to Iraq, she is a woman with 5 kids (hello Soccer Moms), and has quality experience in managing an entire State.

Ha, should they win, sonny-boy will be home faster than you can say "pull out of Iraq". Speaking of which, I was astounded by her response when asked about Iraq: "I haven't really given it much thought...".

I also suspect, that she did a little less "managing" of an entire state than many would believe.

Still... she was on the PTA.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Ha, should they win, sonny-boy will be home faster than you can say "pull out of Iraq".

Yep, just like Bidens kid will suddenly be taken off the deployment order if his dad is elected.

But then again, he might not. Palin's kid is in the Infantry. Biden's kid is in the JAG office.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The point is, Bush/McCain works for the rich and the mega corporations that ship jobs overseas.

Bush/McCain launced the war on Iraq based on pure lies of non existing weapons of mass destruction and links to Al Qaida which were 100 percent false. They removed troops from the real war on terror in the mountains of Aghanistan.

The republican VP candiate might seem likable and like an ordinary american, and yeah that's why they chosed her. They really had to search to find a republican that fit that description because the facts remain: McBush works for the mega rich and they have deceived the American people with the war based on lies and ruined the economy.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Shades1035]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

I think most of us citizens in this country would like to have those with less experience. And the reason why is that those who have been there the longest are those who have done the most damage... Look at the state of our nation, the losers that have caused the problems are those in office today, not those who are not... If the rest of our current federal government would resign, the entire world would be a better, safer, place to live.

Are you serious?

So - when the McCain campaign has more experience than the obama campaign - its a good thing

When the McCain campaign has less experience than the obama campaign - suddenly experience doesnt matter anymore and this country needs a president with les experience?

Wow.

There really is no reason to discuss these things with a brick wall.

This kind of brick wall has no mortar and appears to have been assembled by Chimpanzee's.

Thats not a brick wall i want to be anywhere near, once it realizes it has nothing to hold its self together and comes toppling down.

Have fun partaking in the ignorance mongering...if anyone wants to debate with ATS standards, please send me u2u challenge for the member debates forum.

Im out.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

She's also better-looking than Obama I'm sure that will make Obama a tad Jealous and even more bitter.

Thats a wonderful reason to vote for someone

Way to have high standards and a real appreciation for the freedom you have in a vote.

By that standard, i guess you could discern that Ashley Simpson would make a great VP too.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Have fun partaking in the ignorance mongering...if anyone wants to debate with ATS standards, please send me u2u challenge for the member debates forum.

Im out.

Bye. Thanks for your posts. Too bad you couldn't come up with an argument that could convince anybody that Obama has more experience than Palin.

And just as a side note, when you factor in McCain's 23 years in the Navy to go with his 26 years in the Senate, he has more experience alone than Obama and Biden have together.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Too bad you couldn't come up with an argument that could convince anybody that Obama has more experience than Palin.

Why do i have to? Davion already did the foot work

You call this experience?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

And you dont' think people were going to vote for Hiliary because she is a woman, or Obama because he is black?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Why do i have to? Davion already did the foot work

You call this experience?

I thought you were done here Andy?

Anyway, what the OnTheIssues.com site lists re Palin's positions is not experience. This thread is about Palin's life experiences vs. Obama's life experiences, not what position papers they've had their staffs type up.

Since Obama has been running for President for 18 months he had to come up with position papers for his campaign. Unlike Obama, Palin has been busy doing her job of running Alaska, not campaigning for public office.

Seriously, Andy, you have done much better in the past. I know it's difficult to admit this, but Palin's experience is not dissimilar to Obama's. Both have very thin resumes relatively speaking.

That said, I don't think lack of experience of either Obama or Palin is a bad thing necessarily. Like Obama said, judgment is more important than experience.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

I think that it's the same as the President being Commander in Chief...the commander job comes with being appointed. But as far as I know...Alaska doesn't have their own army! ;-)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And you dont' think people were going to vote for Hiliary because she is a woman, or Obama because he is black?

some will.

Doesnt mean it makes for a wonderful choice.

Jessica Simpson is a very attractive woman - if she was running for President, would you vote for her because she's "hot"?

I wouldn't. She'd ruin the country.

Is her attractiveness another 'gap' to be filled in the mccain campaign?

So far - the only gaps ms. palin has filled are

sex appeal - because lets face - nobody finds mccain attractive

she has zero political experience.
less than 2 years as a governor - and she's already being investigated for abusing her power.

Sounds pretty typical of a conservative candidate to me.

But since when are politicians supposed to be attractive?

Has this country's youth really lowered their standards THAT FAR so as to allow their most important choice - every 4 years - to be based on someone who looks nice, and not someone who'll lead us to great and better things?

:shk:

It's a sad day for America.
It really really is.

before this announcement by mccain

experience was all that mattered to you people

now that the Obama campaign has MORE experience - suddenly experience doesnt matter any more.

Way to wear the ignorance proudly.

Growing up, my grandfather taught me that if im going to do something - atleast do it well....never half assed.

You guys may be embarrassingly ignorant and wrong - but atleast you do it well.

There's my optimistic comment for this thread.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Palin is running as Vice President, not the President - a HUGE difference with regard to required experience.

As Biden said about Obama, "The POTUS does not lend itself on-the-job training".

Obama is running for President, not Vice President.

Palin will get her experience as VP.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Pallin has this and I'll tell you why

Every person on here who is kicking at her... throws in Soccer Mom and the pta and the rest.

And here is a woman who not only had a career but 5 kids, she knows more about self sacrifice and being an American and what makes America strong than any of them do!

and The platform of Obama is for all the people who watching America be destroyed

He's worried and appealing to people who want factory jobs in an internet driven economy

But more than that... he's pro choice and a "lifestyle" oriented president, he concerns himself with people who aren't growing America

and I'm sorry, I grew up in NYC I'm liberal as they come in many ways... but we are doomed if we don't have more children, our culture our society the base of what the West is is vanishing Europe and Russia have declining populations

America isn't declining but Caucasians are immigration is the only reason this country is growing and alot of those immigrants aren't Americanizing and having alot of children

I'll be alive another 40-60 years and my kids longer than that

and this isn't Mexico or an Islamic Country

I want Roe vs Wade gone

Money and comfort is NOT worth extinction and cultural overthrow

The strongest country in the world right now with the best growth is China and they are doing it with 1.5 Billion people

People make America strong, American people

This woman had 5 kids and is nominated for VP, she has contributed to this country in every way

and she runs an isolated state which despite no of years is more like running a country than any other position a person can hold

and my point you all bash her for ebing a MOM? What is more important to a nations prosperity than it's children, who is the greatest minority in America today in terms of respect?

Women who are willing to sacrifice a Mercedes to have children, women who don't treat having children like an infectuous STD

She is a great example of a real American woman

One of her kids has down syndrome and she raised that child, that's a woman

Not some cocktail drinking accountant at 35 that never had any children but had 5 abortions

And women who want children are treated like crap, if they need welfare, if they don't pay half the bills, they are treated like a waste

and it's utter Bs

Nothing against anyones lifestyle or choices, but if you want America strong it comes from a Respect for Mothers...

Mothers are teachers first, Mothers give us the soldiers who fight our wars when needed and raise children to replace thier husbands if they die fighting for our rights, Mothers create the tax payers who will really keep social security alive for us, Mothers Give us our workers

Obama wants to give us a society where the elderly outnumber the youth, women are FORCED to work to pay back a giant national debt, Non english speaking immigrants without technical skills from third world countries are our labor force

And I want a nation where College educated women are not just encouraged but RESPECTED for having 5 children, for providing a genuine military deterent for keeping SS alive for putting into the work place large numbers of Educated English speaking Young Adults who aren't traumatized from broken families

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Really?

So what happens if something happens to McCain?

And now we have a woman running the country who hasnt even learned yet how to properly run her state of Alaska (less than 2 years experience)

I do not mean this as an insult to Senator McCain - but you have to face facts.

He is in his elder years. There is a very real possibility that something could happen.

I dont want it to happen, i don't hope for it to happen, but it could. His age makes it even more true.

So if that happens - do you really want a self-proclaimed "hockey-mom" to run the country?

Alright - whatever floats your boat. But just realize that 24 hours ago - political experience was the only thing that mattered to you people.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Has this country's youth really lowered their standards THAT FAR so as to allow their most important choice - every 4 years - to be based on someone who looks nice, and not someone who'll lead us to great and better things?

Andy, before you jump to conclusions about Palin, you should really take some time and have an open mind about her. You may disagree with her positions and beliefs, but she is a very remarkable, intelligent, well-spoken person.

I disagree with Obama's positions on many things, but he and Palin share many of the same positive qualities. Palin was not chosen because she's attractive. She is a great American success story, just like Obama.

In fact, I think your conclusion is completely off base. America has shown that ordinary people of modest means can become leaders of the country. Obama, Biden, McCain, and Palin are all heroes in their own right, and we should be proud to be from a country that has chosen these four as the final group to lead the country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join