It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

No im sorry she doesnt, being mayor of a town of afew thousand in a state with 2 people per sq km does count as experience.

Ok, I'll give you being mayor doesn't count if you give me being a community organizer and state senator doesn't count.

McCain has more experience than Barry O. and Joey B. put together.

No I dont think so
Biden has over thirty years of experience in politics and in particular foreign affairs, Obama has 11years of experience. McCain only started his political career in 1982. Can you do the math?

Yes, I can do math quite well. Long before McCain became a Senator he was a career Navy officer. I think he made Captain. He has 23 years experience in the Navy. I guess that doesn't count either.

And what happened to your promise that you were out of here? You keep popping back in making inane comments, lame insults, and generally acting like somebody peed in your cornflakes today.

Speak for yourself. Barry O?

LOL... so it bothers you that I refer to Barry Obama as Barry O.? Seriously?

Seriously how hypocritical of you to back an inexperience VP that is only two McCain heartbeats away from the whitehouse
Do you seriously see the hypocrisy in this? Do you see the hypocrisy in many of the posts you made in past? Its almost as if you righties shut yourselves down to the reality of how flip flopping you are over policies and politics.

You might want to look up what self-projecting means.

Obama has less experience than Palin, and you lefties want him as POTUS. And you can't see the pure idiocy of the Obama campaign starting off by ridiculing Palin's lack of experience?

Wiggin even did the math for you. Palin -12 years experience. Obama -11 years experience.

And now you seem to have a problem with Palin being 2 heartbeats away from POTUS? I'm sorry. I forgot. What exactly does a community organizer do again? Does that count more or less than running an entire state?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by davionyou didn't know who the hell she was until today, and the media didn't know who the hell she was until today.

I knew about Sarah Palin about 15 months ago after a friend met her and told me he thought she would be the first woman POTUS. He's been telling me for months that McCain should pick her instead of Romney.

Just because the MSM failed to spoon feed you information on Palin before today doesn't mean nobody else heard of her.

I'm sure if one of my hobbies was researching backwater politicians that haven't made any kind of impact on the government as a whole in any way I would have heard of her.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

I'm sure if one of my hobbies was researching backwater politicians that haven't made any kind of impact on the government as a whole in any way I would have heard of her.

And you believe Obama has made any kind of impact on government? Or Biden?

Anyway....

My friend is involved in commerce committees of some sort in D.C. He's called in to meet with Congressional leaders to give advice. He met Palin at one of these meetings. He rarely talks about what goes on at these meetings because they are usually boring and mundane. But after meeting Palin, he was so impressed that he has been emailing McCain's staff for months telling them Palin should be the VP.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Ok, I'll give you being mayor doesn't count if you give me being a community organizer and state senator doesn't count.

I never included his community organizer experience.

Yes, I can do math quite well. Long before McCain became a Senator he was a career Navy officer. I think he made Captain. He has 23 years experience in the Navy. I guess that doesn't count either.

Im sorry that doesnt count as experience in politics. If you want to include his war hero status then you do so seperatelty otherwise dont tell us to compare their experiences for POTUS.

LOL... so it bothers you that I refer to Barry Obama as Barry O.? Seriously?

Its pritty obvious what I meant but you took the bait so readily anyway. No sure use "barry O" I guess.

You might want to look up what self-projecting means.

Obama has less experience than Palin, and you lefties want him as POTUS. And you can't see the pure idiocy of the Obama campaign starting off by ridiculing Palin's lack of experience?

Wiggin even did the math for you. Palin -12 years experience. Obama -11 years experience.

Wiggin is not me, wiggin does not speak for me and I dont speak for him. You see we are individuals, we support the same candidate but are not afraid to disagree on certain things, for you fellas though its another thing. One must agree with the other. This is partly why this current republican administration is such a joke, nobody speaks out about the lies of another. Theres this hive complex ya know? If you dont agree on abortion you cant be conservative, if your not religious you cant be conservative etc.

Now as I said, Palins experience as a mayor does not count. She was mayor of a town afew thousand in population. How many towns are there like that in america?

I'm sorry. I forgot. What exactly does a community organizer do again? Does that count more or less than running an entire state?

Why are you adding words to what Iv been saying before? I never mentioned the fact he was community organizer. Why dont you stick to the original debate instead of changing what Iv been saying to suit your argument.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Im sorry that doesnt count as experience in politics. If you want to include his war hero status then you do so seperatelty otherwise dont tell us to compare their experiences for POTUS.

I'm not talking about McCain's war hero status, I'm talking about his entire 23 year military career. That surely is valuable experience that complements his experience as a U.S. Senator.

In fact, since one of the primary responsibilities of POTUS is Commander in Chief of the military, I would say 23 years of military experience counts far more than any amount of experience as a State Senator or U.S. Senator.

Why wouldn't you count military experience as part of McCain's overall experience?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83And you believe Obama has made any kind of impact on government? Or Biden?

Look at all that impact

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

More conservative non sense from the moronic masses themselves

You take what i said and twist it and omit what you dont like, to make a picture that suits your ignorant agenda.

Congratulations - you still bathe in slimey, dirty, filthy ignorance.

And you enjoy it

Atleast you're good at something

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

More conservative non sense from the moronic masses themselves

It''s not nonsense, it's factual information that YOU provided. Granted, I won't argue that you are a member of the moronic masses but I doubt you are conservative.

You take what i said and twist it and omit what you dont like, to make a picture that suits your ignorant agenda.

I didn't twist anything. I simply cut and pasted your reply in which you pointed out Obama has 11 years experience, and Palin 12 years experience.

And I have no agenda, ignorant or otherwise. I simply raised the issue of whether or not Palin's experience is comparable to Barry O.s' And I thank you for pointing out that Palin actually has MORE experience than Barry O.

Congratulations - you still bathe in slimey, dirty, filthy ignorance.

And you enjoy it

Atleast you're good at something

I believe you have mistaken me for somebody else. I do not bathe in ignorance. I think you might have accused me of the same thing when I pointed out that James Johnson, the man chosen by Obama to vet his VP, was actually a member of the Bilderberg group.

And what do you know... it turned out to be true, and it also turned out that Obama's VP candidate, Joe Biden, is a deeply connected Washington insider as there is. And after all the talk by Obama about not being involved with special interests he picks a VP candidate tied to lobbyists.

If you want to label somebody as slimey, filthy, or dirty you might want to begin with Biden and Barry O.

Bottom line, Palin has more experience than Obama.
McCain has 23 years in the Navy and 25 years as a Senator, which is more experience than Obama and Biden combined.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Let me see if I can get more point deducted, no better not tell you what I really feel about you the mods would be upset with me again...kinda funny since I served to defend freedom of speech for the same people on this board and mine gets censored because its inflammatory...is not anger and insults not covered by freedom of speech...?

Anyway, no reason arguing with someone who is obviously a chill for Oblama and Bitten... it is hilarious to see the dems trying to attack this BEAUTIFUL SEXY woman on anything they can grasp at...

Come on I believe she was Miss Alaska, we need this hotty in the white house...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Let me see if I can get more point deducted, no better not tell you what I really feel about you the mods would be upset with me again...kinda funny since I served to defend freedom of speech for the same people on this board and mine gets censored because its inflammatory...is not anger and insults not covered by freedom of speech...?

AboveTopSecret isn't America, they can censor whoever they want if it violates the terms they lay out when you join this website.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I heard a rumor that Bill Clinton is thinking about becoming a republican and formaly endorse Palin...actually I also heard he offered to give her specialized one on one advice in the Oral Office....

I wish I were still in the Corp, I would love getting UP early and saluting her every morning...

Come on I am just having some fun... I am very pleased with McCains pick...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by davion

hmmm ok freedom of speech should be a world view and not censored even when its inflammatory... But wait my computer is in the US, does this not make it a US site...?

JUST KIDDING - I actually have architected large scale MPLS core networks for ATT and and TELMEX...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by davion

you still have freedom of speech

but you also have responsibility of consequence

you - a marine of the most advanced military the world has ever known - should surely understand that.

Freedom of speech is a right granted to you against your government - not against entities within the united states

a business does not have to allow you to say anything you want.

havent you read the constitution?
or even know what it is?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So far in this thread, we've seen the following

The question was : Obama vs Palin - who is more experienced?

The answer was ridiculed because they said that you are comparing the top seat of the DNC to the bottom seat of the RNC

Okay - fair enough - but all i was doing when proving obama is more experienced is answering the question of the OP (regardless of how ignorant a question it really is)

So now we're told that Palin is more experienced than Obama because she has (less than) two years runing the state of Alaska as Governor.

Really?

So automatically - in the same breath, they're saying that Palin is more qualified than McCain himself to be President - because she has 1 year and 9 months of experience as Governor of a state.

1/50th eligible to run the United States.

So why is it that the McCain campaign is suddenly so credible in the field of "lack of experience"?

A question that the moronic masses seem unable to answer

i eagerly await your response.......you can even u2u me if you are too ashamed to answer publicly

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Sarah Palin : Elected Mayor of a small town (population: 5,470) In the year 1996. She remained mayor until she was elected Governor in 2006. 2008-1996 = 12 years experience.

Barack Obama : Became an Illinois Senator in 1997. 2008-1997 = 11 years experience.

Wiggin, the above quote is from your post in this thread. You correctly pointed out that Palin has 12 years experience compared to Barry O.s's 11 years experience. Nice job!

Okay - fair enough - but all i was doing when proving obama is more experienced is answering the question of the OP (regardless of how ignorant a question it really is)

No, you successfully proved that Palin was more experienced than Obama.

So automatically - in the same breath, they're saying that Palin is more qualified than McCain himself to be President - because she has 1 year and 9 months of experience as Governor of a state.

Wrong again, Wiggin. McCain has 23 years experience in the Navy and 25 years of experience in the Senate.

A question that the moronic masses seem unable to answer

i eagerly await your response.......you can even u2u me if you are too ashamed to answer publicly

Or perhaps a question that a moronic individual is having trouble dealing with.

Palin and Obama have very similar resumes. Both are in their mid 40s. Palin has 12 years in government. Obama has 11 years in government. Obama has a couple of years in federal government, but much of his time has been spent campaigning.

Palin has a couple of years as Chief Executive of a state.

Palin has experience dealing with energy issues, fighting corruption in her own party, and battling big oil in her home state. Obama has his own set of experiences in the state Senate.

Wiggin, you have failed miserably in your attempt to make a case that Obama has more experience than Palin. In fact, in your feeble attempt to do so you were forced to throw in Biden's experience as a Senator.

Face it. Palin and Obama both have roughly the same amount of experience, and each have different strengths and weaknesses.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Face it. Palin and Obama both have roughly the same amount of experience, and each have different strengths and weaknesses.

But Palin has a proven record of getting rid of government corruption.

Obama has a proven record of working with corruption *cough* Tony Rezko *cough*.

Palin actually governed something and that's what presidents do.

Obama uses his senate office as a platform for his campaign. He has no governing experience. He hardly even has legislative experience.

So the length of experience might be similar but the quality of experience is totally different.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Obama uses his senate office as a platform for his campaign. He has no governing experience. He hardly even has legislative experience.

by your own ignorant standards - you say telling us that McCain is as well incompetent and ineligible to run for POTUS

I mean really man, do you not think things through before you post??

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tommy_boy

You should know that Palin is hated among many Alaskan republican elite because she dared to confront their corruption and had success in throwing them out of office.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i've read reports that say she slept with that guy to get on the inside and figure out his corruption

if those were true - wouldnt that be corrupt in and of its self as well?

Or would that be another one of those "necessary evils"
??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join