It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
still waiting on that crazy little thing called proof

it takes proof to make an intelligent statement ... it takes an intelligent statement to become a credible talking head.

I just want to see the source from whence comes the numbers and statistics you use to create your argument.

Knowledge is power.

Help me become as smart as you....

You need proof for something thats common knowledge regarding the investigation? Do you know ANYTHING about it, or are you just repeating talking points? Try looking it up on google!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

and everything about your entire argument is a moving goal post.

The desperation that stems from a moving goal post paints an awfully clear picture

you're scared.

you refuse to provide proof to back up your #'s and statistics, because you know they are false and conjured.

I did the math for you - who has the most experience?
Obama/Biden

Who has the best experience?
Obama/Biden

since when is a governor more revered than a senator?

honestly...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Obama is running for President. Palin will be a Vice President. Big difference.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

you're scared.

Lol... you're self-projecting.

This is the first time since the primaries began that I felt pretty confidant that Obama has no chance to win.

you refuse to provide proof to back up your #'s and statistics, because you know they are false and conjured.

Andy, you're right. I didn't give you what you demanded. Deal with it.

I did the math for you - who has the most experience?
Obama/Biden

Who has the best experience?
Obama/Biden

No, I will do the math for you. Add McCain's 28 years of experience in the Navy and McCain/Palin have MORE and BETTER experience than two lifetime politicians who have pretty much accomplished very little for all the years of experience you claim they have.

since when is a governor more revered than a senator?

There have been many governors who've made the jump from running a state to running a country. Clinton. Reagan. Bush. Carter. I'm not sure when the last time a junior Senator made that leap.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

To the statement i made of "You refuse to provide any proof to back your claims" you answer

Andy, you're right.

Oh my god its so original its refreshing.

I commend you for your honesty.

You cant give proof to back your claims because no such proof exists.

I really wish the GOP would nominate your style of honesty to their campaign process

Thank you for your civility in truth and honest

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Don't forget, she's a "hockey mom" and Senator Obama is not.

McCain and the Republicans have been positively skewering Obama for months for his "lack of experience". "But is he ready to lead"???? And then they go and choose someone with LESS experience to take over if McCain kicks it??

She has experience, all right. The experience of being a woman.

Obama has 12 years experience in government. She has like 4.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

To the statement i made of "You refuse to provide any proof to back your claims" you answer

Andy, you're right.

Oh my god its so original its refreshing.

I commend you for your honesty.

You cant give proof to back your claims because no such proof exists.

I really wish the GOP would nominate your style of honesty to their campaign process

Thank you for your civility in truth and honest

You're welcome!

I'm just tired of looking up references and cutting and pasting links, etc., etc., etc. I come to ATS for entertainment and discussion, not to do homework for other members because they demand it. It's only a internet forum for God's sake, not a presidential debate.

If you are really interested in the stats on what percentage of blacks voted for Obama it would take you about 30 seconds to google it. Maybe it was 89%? Whatever, it doesn't change the point.

Blacks voted for Obama because he is black.
Women will vote for McCain/Palin because she is a woman.
There are millions more white women than blacks.
McCain will win because white men and women voted for him.

McCain's biggest demographic weakness was the gender gap, and he's now closed it.

Obama could have had a slam dunk win with a Obama/Clinton ticket, and he screwed up. Hillary would have guaranteed Obama PA, MI, WI, and most importantly, Ohio, and probably Florida.

Who knows... maybe he asked her and she turned him down.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Blacks voted for Obama because he is black.
Women will vote for McCain/Palin because she is a woman.
There are millions more white women than blacks.
McCain will win because white men and women voted for him.

Now come on - why steer off that honesty course?

To make such a bold statement above is saying that blacks and women - collectively - lack the intelligence to base their decision on more than skin color and sex of a candidate.

So you're saying if they don't vote White Christian Male - that they're just voting because the candidate is black?

Cmon man, you're wearing your ignorance on your sleeve....and it doesnt look good on you

Who knows... maybe he asked her and she turned him down.

Look - i realize that you're a deeply upset hillary supporter

but don't get so bold as to believe Obama thinks Hillary would be good as a VP.

I promise you if it was offered, she would have accepted.

I'm sorry your candidate didnt get chosen
but there's always 2016

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

McCain and the Republicans have been positively skewering Obama for months for his "lack of experience". "But is he ready to lead"???? And then they go and choose someone with LESS experience to take over if McCain kicks it??

And you don't see the pure brilliance in this selection?

Obama attacks Palin's lack of experience.
McCain let's the attacks bounce off and hit Obama back in the face.
McCain points out Palin is only VP and Obama, with arguably LESS experience than Palin, is running for POTUS.

Obama has 12 years experience in government. She has like 4.

Gee, the local mayor of my township has 32 years experience in "government" and yet I wouldn't hire him to pet-sit my dog if I went on vacation.

I think Palin's experience is AT LEAST as valuable as Obama's.

Just what experience of Obama's do you think is more valuable than Palin's?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Gee, the local mayor of my township has 32 years experience in "government" and yet I wouldn't hire him to pet-sit my dog if I went on vacation.

You really should get to know your candidate.

Palin has 2 years of experience as Governor. Thats it. 2 years.

The rest of her political career is as the mayor of a small town of 5400 people.

So by your OWN standards...you're ruling her out.

The conservative values and flip flops put pain in my sides from laughter

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Palin - 2 years experience as the governor of Alaska
McCain - 0 years experience as the governor of anything
Obama - 0 years experience as the governor of anything
Biden - 0 years experience as the governor of anything

Palin - 0 years as a US senator
McCain - 22 years experience as a US senator
Obama - 4 years experience as a US senator
Biden - 35 years experience as a US senator

So - if Obama is lesser than McCain because a US senator has great experience (or so you tell us...)

and Palin has zero years experience as a US senator

then please explain to me why Palin has more experience than Obama.

Because by your own ignorant standards - Palin has more experience than ALL of them, because McCain, biden, and Obama have never been the governor of anything

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Exactly! So, why does Palin's experience count all of a sudden?
Isn't this thread about how great Palin is because of her "experience"? And now you say 32 years of experience isn't enough to pet sit for you? How about run the country?

This is just silly. Make up your mind. Is experience necessary to run the country or pet sit your dog?

I think you can't remember which side of the argument you're on.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think you can't remember which side of the argument you're on.

neither can he, apparently.

Basically - you can sum up the creation of this thread by saying this:

NO matter what - Obama is lesser. I can't provide a single shred of proof to back up my claims - but trust me, i know what im talkign about

/end thread

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

You really should get to know your candidate.

Palin has 2 years of experience as Governor. Thats it. 2 years.

The rest of her political career is as the mayor of a small town of 5400 people.

So by your OWN standards...you're ruling her out.

The conservative values and flip flops put pain in my sides from laughter

Andy, maybe if you engaged your brain today you would be able to figure these things out.

I mentioned my local mayor with 32 years of experience, not because his experience qualifies him for anything, but because I think that a lifetime in politics is not necessarily a criteria to hold a high office like POTUS.

My standards are integrity, honesty, moral values, intelligence, hard work, and selflessness among others. Career politicians like Obama and Biden have shown they lack these things.

People like McCain, with his 28 years serving in the Navy before getting into politics, and Palin, seem to have these qualities that Obama and Biden seem to be lacking. Electing a POTUS whose entire career was spent as a politician is not exactly my idea of "change."

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

my brain is fully engaged, you are just talking yourself in circles

you negate your mayor as creidible because he's just a mayor of a small town

Palin has 2 years experience as governor

thats it

because by your own standards, you cannot include her years a mayor to support her credibility

it can only be as a governor.

Funny - too - how you skip over my other statement

Palin - 2 years experience as the governor of Alaska
McCain - 0 years experience as the governor of anything
Obama - 0 years experience as the governor of anything
Biden - 0 years experience as the governor of anything

Palin - 0 years as a US senator
McCain - 22 years experience as a US senator
Obama - 4 years experience as a US senator
Biden - 35 years experience as a US senator

So - if Obama is lesser than McCain because a US senator has great experience (or so you tell us...)

and Palin has zero years experience as a US senator

then please explain to me why Palin has more experience than Obama.

Because by your own ignorant standards - Palin has more experience than ALL of them, because McCain, biden, and Obama have never been the governor of anything

But its okay.

I wouldnt expect you to be able to comprehend why its important, because you cannot even provide a single shred of proof to back anything you say about Obama. Period.

I'll allow you that handicap.
Just like if i were to play against my nephew in basketball, i would go a lot easier on him too.

When you're ready to step up to the ATS standard of debating this issue, we can take it to the debate forums.

I'll take you on any day of the week

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

My standards are integrity, honesty, moral values, intelligence, hard work, and selflessness among others. Career politicians like Obama and Biden have shown they lack these things.

People like McCain, with his 28 years serving in the Navy before getting into politics, and Palin, seem to have these qualities that Obama and Biden seem to be lacking. Electing a POTUS whose entire career was spent as a politician is not exactly my idea of "change."

Seems to me that your argument is based on opinion and that your mind won't be changed no matter how much of the initial post is debunked or disqualified.

I think it's interesting that Sarah Palin is being criticized for some sort of perceived lack of experience. I would argue that she has more experience and is more qualified to be Commander in Chief than Obama.

Anyone could concoct a post listing all of Obama's achievements that Palin never had exposure to and it would be a weak argument as well. Another failed argument.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lets compare their history on the issues and what they've done, since that matters most:

Palin

Biden

Obama

Uh, better yet lets not.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think its all part of McCains plan.

Obama has already sent out a statement saying something along the lines of McCain being out of his mind for putting someone so inexperienced one heart beat away from the white house.

I believe from the deepest depths of my soul that Obama is being set up to look like the hypocrite that he is!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Lets do a campaign comparison, shall we?

John McCain: Elected to house of Representatives in 1982. He became a US senator in 1986 2008-1982 = 26 years experience

Joe Biden : Became a senator in 1973. 2008 - 1973 = 35 years experience

What's really funny is that Obama, in his speech, said that the Government has been messed up for 30 years, and pointed out that McCain had been involved for 26 of those years.

Guess he forgot his running mate had been in Congress for 35 of those years!!

It's not about years of experience, it's about what they did during those years. And I thought Obama was all about "change" and "fresh blood" in the White House. I guess it's OK, as long as it's him.

And besides, Palin is hot. I'd hit it like the rightous hand of God.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Quote:
"The Republican team offers 22 years of senatorial experience
The Democratic team offers 46 years of senatorial experience

The democrats offer more than twice the amount of senatorial experience "

Reponse:
I think most of us citizens in this country would like to have those with less experience. And the reason why is that those who have been there the longest are those who have done the most damage... Look at the state of our nation, the losers that have caused the problems are those in office today, not those who are not... If the rest of our current federal government would resign, the entire world would be a better, safer, place to live.

Just remember the real reason most of the long termers are in office.... It's because they are too ....king dumb to have a real job...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join