Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Then put a strong magnet in water in see what happens.
The water, being a diamagnetic material, could be repelled by the magnet.
He has already stated that it is magnetic and very heavy in composition. if you look at the size of the object and the weight of it(even though
he can't get an accurate weight, he does say it is HEAVY) I truly doubt there are air pockets.When you eliminate the obvious. Then all that is left
is the logical.
The obvious may not be superfluous, I only eliminate anything when I can get guarantees that that anything can really be
The fact that the rocks is heavy does not imply that it has not air pockets or that it is porous inside, that volume of something like gold would
weigh some 6 Kg (around 12 pounds for the metric challenged
), so it could have many holes inside it and still weigh seven pounds. And gold is not
the heaviest material known to man.
But I also doubt that there are air pockets, but the fact that it is a less likely possibility does not mean that it's not a possibility, and that
was what I meant, we can not make definite statements about something unknown.
The pond had water in it.Now the water is all gone, and the fish and turtle.
If this object was strongly magnetic,and I mean a super strong magnetic field from coming through the ionosphere as it plunged to earth. Once it
landed in the pond the electrical/magnetic reaction to the water would have literally shocked the fish out of the water. The turtle beat feet to but
came back later if I remember right.
If it was as strongly magnetic as that there was no reason to loose its magnetism, and a strong magnet is
not a strong current, it only creates electrical currents in conducting materials; as water is not a conductor of electricity it would not create an
electrical current on the water.
Also, nothing happened when the rock was put back in the water.
Now if this object has a strong magnetic field it could literally cause a electrolysis process to the water and it would actually break down in
to two gases oxygen or hydrogen and dissipate in the atmosphere.As long as the field states strong.
Magnetic fields do not make electrolysis,
electrical currents do that, that is why it is call electro
lysis and not magneto
He says holding the object gives him a headache.Indicative of a strong magnetic field.
Not necessarily. First, a very strong magnetic
field would not let him take the objects back from the stone, and headaches may have dozens of origins, one of the most common causes for strange
headaches is a gas leak, for example, so, if the rock emits some gas it could create bubbles in the water and make him have headaches near it. It
could also make animals run away from it.
There was no obvious large amount of water saturating the ground around the pool as if it had been tossed out. Maybe it was hot too when it
landed so some may have evaporated.
That is why I said the most mysterious thing, to me, is the disappearance of the water.
You have to use the evidence that is presented and come to a logical conclusion. Hopefully he'll have more information available.
is what I try to do, without ignoring any possibility, including the possibility of this being a hoax.
(I am not saying that this is a hoax, just that it is one of the possibilities)
PS: There is no need to quote the whole post if you are going to answer to everything in a block, you can just use the "REPLY TO:" button.