It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in my pond

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I guess the best thing for him to do, if he's unsure of the metallurgical makeup of the key and the gold or gold-colored ring is to test them with an ordinary magnet.

I agree that it is unlikely for a modern key to be made out of a ferrous metal or alloy, and the ring, which looks like a wedding band, shouldn't be ferrous either. I've never heard of a steel or iron wedding band. That's a recipe for eventual rust if there ever was one.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by MaximRecoil]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Thank you and I understand. I don't write much and just like math for me, if I don't use it I don't retain it. I heard someone say that of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
In any case, I truly believe that I have a meteorite here and we're all going to find out soon... I'm responding to all of you and updating this thread. As far as the title, I also believe that this rock, before landing on my property was indeed unidentified, flying, and an actual object that I have in custody... so to speak. But if this were a writing competition, I would not have entered.
Thanks for responding and I'm hopeful you'll get around to checking this out... it's a quick read, a true story and I'll respond without hiding from questions. A few weeks ago, someone said on this site that the world was coming to an end that evening... I guess you won't hear from people like that again, but I'm here until we have an answer as to what this rock is so please keep in touch as I'm updating daily as you can see. Thanks!
Ps. I slept through English 101 and had an anxiety attack in math 011... please forgive me!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So I was thinking when you said 'pond' it was an actual pond not a backyard water feature. Do you think you could take it to a local hardware store and have it gieger tested?

Again it just makes no sense, are you sure some friend is not playing a trick on you?

Here is a site called "Is It a Meteorite" not that this is conclusive in any way to your piece.

www.star-bits.com...

Also at first you were claiming that you would sponsor Ats with the loot from selling, then later changed to a much more humble position. Did you discover something about it that you would like to share?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes I could have been tricked by a friend but I've said nothing to nobody and no one has said anything to me. I recently sighned up here on ATS and my friends don't even know that. As far as selling the rock, I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't here for that; and if it was worth money I was hopeful about giving some to ATS to invetigate other phenomena and or to help keep this site going... I enjoy the reading here! I haven't changed my position rather never really took one or was sure what to do... as I sit here and continue to feel the same way... I'm not sure what I will do especially if it is worthless... I just don't know and can assure you there is no deception here... just a rock that actually may have come in the form of a meteorite; and I'm here to try and figure that out... after researching serious forums, this is where I decided to post this story... the only story of anything weird ever happening to me. I wish I saw a UFO or alien because I believe in them, but I haven't and that's why this is the only story I have posted here other than copying other breaking news from other sites and posting them. I'll try to give you as much proof as possible as I am doing the tests I've been asked to do at home before handing it over to a geologist. Keep an eye out for updates on this story... I'm all over it! Thanks.
David

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

Can you tell more about what sort of objects are or are not magnetically attracted to the rock? Also, are your gold ring and keys attracted to an ordinary magnet?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
awesome find.

great thread.

ever hear about the "ice" from Mel's Hole?

-

[edit on 27-8-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here is a picture with him holding the object.It will give you an idea of its size.
Seems to be a meteorite.Could be worth some money.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

what the heck happened, you had a great post up a minute ago about how the rocks from roswell and the crop formations correlate and you took my idea even further by saying that if you could form two megnetized rocks together you can create energy etc.

put that post back up!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MaximRecoil

Yes! I'm going out to dinner and magnet shopping so I can do a few tests you all aked me to do; and will post all the results for you to see. I'm going to test everything that looks metal aside from what was on my desk that I already tested. Look for update... thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
cant do it.

-------

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
edit

-

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1
reply to post by MaximRecoil

Yes! I'm going out to dinner and magnet shopping so I can do a few tests you all aked me to do; and will post all the results for you to see. I'm going to test everything that looks metal aside from what was on my desk that I already tested. Look for update... thanks!

Excellent; though you probably already have a magnet at home (refrigerator magnets and audio speakers come to mind). However, if you are going to specifically buy a magnet, try to find a cow magnet; simply due to the fact that they are awesome, and make for a good conversation piece.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

i think its time that you visited the recent post by thrashee about the misconceptions about skeptics,

the OP is demonstrating his willingness to cooporate with ideas presented to him about the object, this is a prime example of skeptics/believers working together to a degree.

i keep jumping back hoping he updated, keep up the good work david.

Prevenge, im ALWAYS looking for puzzle pieces to match together, in fact while you were talking about ( i guess ill call it) mangetic-fuzion i was thinking of adding a third test to a fuzed magnet by generating "lift" with the use of sound waves, im sure you stumbled on this during your documentary watching. what if these rocks reacted to sound, or submerge the rock in fluid and then send the sound through the fluid.

the imagination is hard at work.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i had to take that down.. that's just way too dangerous information.

i mean i'm completely torn

yea think about it... its .. in my mind it's the answer.. it makes perfect sense..

but..

you can't jsut have free energy all of a sudden .

ou population would explode and we'd suffocate the rest of the earth like we already are.

if it was developed..

it should be ONLY given to people that match specific strict lifestyle guidelines. as to how eco friendly they are.
and if they only have one child

sorry sounds evil and totalitarian but the other alternative is that we explode our population and suffocate the planet by not having to work for food or energy.

too dangerous..

we're not ready..

-

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

well, it was fun while it lasted.

but on the contrary, i dont see free energy as a catalyst for over population,and im confident i understand your reasoning for it. With no struggle for food and energy we could possibly have an increase in meaningfulness in our lives, which could actually slow the population rise down. i personally feel the tech is already in place for free energy. in our super structures society im guessing those who own the fossil fuels have already been givin a deadline to our global change and are eagarly making as much money as they can at this point.

clean free energy is not a bad idea with over population anyway, of course it has to be totally clean. other reports state that our planet can house 11 billion if need be.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Okay all... got some magnets and other toys I will be playing with and taking pictures and video of all night. I will post all the results after work tomorrow and we'll go from there. As far as any other testing that is more technical... I can't do. I don't have the meters some suggest but this will be fun nonetheless. Furthermore, the real testing will be coming from Gwynedd-Mercy College and I'm also waiting to hear from www.earthfiles.com that I sent this information to... thanks to an ATS member who responded to me with this address. Again, I am here to update my story and to respond to you all until we can all come to a common conclusion. Thanks again... off to work on this so stop back in and check for updates.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs

well, it was fun while it lasted.

but on the contrary, i dont see free energy as a catalyst for over population,and im confident i understand your reasoning for it. With no struggle for food and energy we could possibly have an increase in meaningfulness in our lives, which could actually slow the population rise down. i personally feel the tech is already in place for free energy. in our super structures society im guessing those who own the fossil fuels have already been givin a deadline to our global change and are eagarly making as much money as they can at this point.

clean free energy is not a bad idea with over population anyway, of course it has to be totally clean. other reports state that our planet can house 11 billion if need be.

well yea i agree with you on all those points.

but
in our current state.. the overwhelming majority of us are not educated or.. RESPONSIBLE enough for ourselves..
not many of us really THINK about these things..
we dont have the infrastructure for it

it would have to be completely rebuilt where we travel underground only from point to point on the planet so we dont scar the land with roads

and there are so many emotionally inept people in the world
i do think it would act as a catalyst for manythings
for some. .spiritual and personal growth
for others.. just more time to blow off and sit around a have more kids in ghettos

its a necessity for us to have some day
but its.. see i'm torn on it i see its benefits so much
but i just dont think as a whole our planet is ready

sure.. if we were shoved into the stone ages and had a massive plague and i survived.. id develop it
or develop it before hand and share it then
but share it now?
too many sharks in the gene pool

too many hairless apes that would want to do bad with it.

we hould work our WAY there. .b starting a "slow and steady blend" towards it
and yea i'm sure what i posted about has been completely developed
hell
all you need is a COMPASS and a SQUARE to design them heh..

tightly held secret.

i just think they're being put into the fields so that it's acclimating proof of the technology "coming from" a specific "savior source" some day.. giving the "answers to the problems...".. if you know what i mean say no more nudge nudge wink wink. authentic or theatrically contrived.... so they can bee perceived to have been saying "see we were telling you this all along but you were too pious and know it all" - which will surely shove some big headed people back in their place hardcore and humble them like nothing else.

but yeah i think about a world with the closest thing to perfect efficiency in attaining our true potential all the time.. perfect architechture and city layouts.. efficiently living in tune with nature..

long way away.

-

-

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
All these stuck to the rock…
1) Nail
2) Screw
3) Staples
4) Aluminum screw
5) Snap clip
6) Nail clippers
7) Allen key
8) Paper clip
9) Another screw
10) Round magnet
11) U magnet

All these did not…
1) Needle for air pump
2) Dime
3) Penny
4) nickel

This first nail is all aluminum and sticks to the rock, yet a can of Coke does not… thought coke cans were aluminum? It got too late to find a decent magnet and some other stuff that I will get tomorrow and post the results.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Are you 100% positive that the nail is aluminum? And did you try your gold ring on a regular magnet yet? And how about the aluminum nail on a regular magnet (use the round magnet or the U-magnet that you mentioned stuck to the rock)? I must say that I've never heard of an aluminum nail...though apparently they do exist according to a Google search.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think the point was to try both the magnets and rock separately and see what does stick to the rock but doesn't stick to the magnet for example.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join