It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

send a small plane into area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I mentioned this in an earlier thread about sending a private balloon with a telescope into space and i got shot down so i decided i would put it here as i think it is a somewhat legit idea. I was wondering how feasible it would be to get the funds together to send a small rc helecopter into area 51 that has a wirelessly trasmitting camera mounted to it. Obviously the plane would not be retrieved but that wouldnt be necesarry to get the footage because it would be wirelessly transmitted. I think if someone drove up to area 51 really close to the border and just sort of chilled like people do all the time and then left and dropped the plane of a little ways away from the border and then someone from another secured location could man the plane. What do you guys think are the odds of pulling something like this off?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by proflonghair09

There are radio control jamming devices in use at many locations that prevent the use of RC incursions.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That would make sense as im sure there are millions of curious people waiting to pull off a stunt like this. Also, you would have to be able to maneuver this heli or plane, whatever it is, fairly good from miles away without being able to see it. You are going to have to fly deep into hangars with doors etc. Everything viewable from above can basically be seen by any enemy satellite and or google earth
. You gotta know all the fun secrets are below ground. So the chances of it being able to be pulled off? I'd say NONE is an understatement.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think an interesting concept to ponder would be exactly how high the restricted airspace is over area 51? where does it end vertically? what if you flew a balloon into the upper ranks of the atmosphere and then parachuted the camera down on the base?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So if you did find a totally mind-numbing device that was conducive to a better defense of the United States what would you do with the information?

Do you not think that a country needs an area to develop secret military devices?

If you want to check out interesting stuff, do a little reading on SouthWestern desert archeology and do some exploring there.
Still legal in most areas of Arizona and in fact a UFO went down near the California/Arizona Colorado River crossing on Hwy 40 near Needles, California a few months back.

More than likely you wouldn't get your aft side shot off and if you found something interesting you'd gain a small amount of fame and still have your freedom.

Live long enough and many of your questions about secret projects will become public knowledge.

Being a tenderfoot wandering the desert near a restricted military area is a good way to end up with your bones bleaching in the harsh sunlight and high temperatures....

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Interesting post nice!

I wouldn't be interested in it myself as its illegal and Im sure what they do there is in the interest of national security etc etc.

However, for amusement,

Go for the Japanese way, keep it simple, forget Radio Control and heavier than air things, ur gonna need balloons and lots of them!

Heres my 2c;

1. Truck Plus highway closest to Area 51 and knowledge of prevailing winds,

2. Helium gas and Balloons for the air vehicle, preferably several hundred I reckon, heck a thousand - with enough motivation should be achievable.

3. Several hundred pinhole cameras, each based on some serious trial and error with whatever u can find and i guess 1 strip of 35mm film per camera, trying to achieve a good test landscape picture with required attributes

4. Several hundred shutters that open after a set time, then close after required exposure. Very Difficult , one idea is to use bits of LCD wired to watch batterys, setup so that charge dissipates at required time making LCD transparent exposing light to film, then another battery doing opposite - or some such kinda grasping at straws there! Electronic shutter gives greater control at expense of cost.
EDIT*Added a mechanical shutter idea at bottom of post*

5. Balloons need to come down after rough time, perhaps chemical fuse on top that melts through after certain time (ie.acid between tape melts after set time based on thickness of tape between acid and balloon)

6. High Vis Colours and Streamers for max fun.

The Japs launched 9,000 balloons towards America during WW2 of which apparently 1,000 arrived (only a few did damage thankfully but concept worked), so 1/9 over many thousands of miles compared to less than 100.

Would require much manpower to assemble so many and $$$ but I think more chance of success than RC, tbh if enough contributed to a balloon production line it would be heck fun! even if none were recovered! The main drawback would be the shutters - v difficult, and setting up several hundred balloons for simultaneous launch from a vehicle for minimum exposure time.

EDIT: Added cheap mechanical solution for shutter, thats all ur ready to go ! I expect pics by next year! The mechanical solution is based on an egg timer with a notched disc for shutter, a spring drives the disc, and using identical parts and a ruler + x amount of turns should give u a start, this site has some tips for aerial pinhole fotos, add some nice big balloons for high altitude (greater field of view) and multiple payloads of cameras to maximise chances!

All parts will need to be multiplied by many hundreds, and I am thinking upgrade the truck to a lorry. Large balloons for extra alt will carry more cameras per balloon but on a plus side give plenty of advertising space for greenpeace, pepsi, microsoft, yahoo (they will def take this for publicity), aol (another sucker too).

Actually with the amount of manpower ur gonna need Im now thinking multiple lorrys - perhaps a small convoy, soft topped trailers for quick release from highway of ur choice. Don't worry about civilian traffic - its a no fly zone - and if u hit a F-117 or B-2 remember - plausible deniability is on your side!!

Peace out!

[edit on 25-8-2008 by stringue]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
yeah were do you think the MIB bury people when they decide to open theie mouths to someone..hehe

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Geez thats some seriously planned out crap!! Lol!!
Nice imagination, I like the idea.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
Geez thats some seriously planned out crap!! Lol!!
Nice imagination, I like the idea.

-Z-

They should hire him to be in charge of A51 security! Crap, they should hire all of us.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Once upon a time, somebody tried just that, and, wouldn't you know it, it got him onto live radio.

(no, i don't actually know that it's real... but i don't know that it isn't either.)

[edit on 25-8-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure how you think the base (or any millitary base) is structured but there aren't actually flying saucers and aliens wandering around foot loose and fancy free in the middle of the base. To actually see anything you have to get in hangars and/or underground. Even if you could maybe sneak some kind of RC device onto the premises (unlikely) you would end up with poor quality photos of building exteriors and maybe a couple of soldiers standing around laughing before somebody steps on the thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by declassified
yeah were do you think the MIB bury people when they decide to open theie mouths to someone..hehe

I think you guys may be overestimating these guys a little. I dont think they want to kill someone who was trying to see whats in area 51 unless they have to because thats makes the case thats theres no ufos weaker. I also think they would try to intercept whatever it is before actually just blowing it up. I dont think they would blow it up until it got really close. And it also would be really small and there probably used to looking for bigger aircrafts. And even if the plane was shot down it might make an interesting video just seeing what shot it down and how long the plane lasted.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I commend you for your thinking, but I agree with earthman4. Not only do I believe the controls of the craft would be jammed, but also the frequency that the image is transmitted on.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If I was going to try to sneak something into Area 51 to get pictures, I would have to go with some type of very small all-terrain type vehicle (I mean very small). I would disguise it as some sort of common life form that is found on the desert floor (it would have to be very realistic). It could use GPS and some kind of programming to be able to go to it's target location. I would not move it all at once either, I would stagger it's movements to mimic whatever it is disguised as. Anyway, just a thought.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm going to take a drive out there next weekend

with a couple of friends. Just for fun!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

why bother they develop new weaponry and aircraft that are too advanced for public and dangerous if the wrong person got their hands on the technology because someone would sell the tech to another country it is there to protect us and you have no chance of getting near it the, it would be looked at as a threat because for all they know it could be another country trying to get in so you wouldnt get past their defense

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
tbh, desertdreamer has the idea!

Make small robotic insects, attach a camera to them.. Crawl it slowly into area51.. Like do it over a few months so it actually looks like a bug, then snap up as many pictures as possible =p then make it self destruct..
IMBA

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well, why spend all that money on robotic insects? Couldn't you just condition a rat to move in a certain direction when it hears a certain sound, place a speaker in its ear, control that with a remote control and put a very small camera on it? A rat would be far more inconspicuous then an all terrain vehicle or anything with balloons strapped on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Did'nt someone already do this? i think he called up coast to coast while he was flying and the he crashed or the transmission was lost something like that

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Use a little logic here. What gets in the way of photography of the base? Air. Where does the atmosphere "end?" Effectively, there are about 3 miles of breathable air. Now three miles is not that high, and certainly the restricted airspace goes higher than 3 miles. Thus use a satellite.

Any schmuck with a few grand can pay to have the facility photographed via satellite.
one of many satellite companies

Now can we end these dumb arse threads about how to spy on the base? They are nearly as bad as the million man marches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join