It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

send a small plane into area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Use a little logic here. What gets in the way of photography of the base? Air. Where does the atmosphere "end?" Effectively, there are about 3 miles of breathable air. Now three miles is not that high, and certainly the restricted airspace goes higher than 3 miles. Thus use a satellite.

Any schmuck with a few grand can pay to have the facility photographed via satellite.
one of many satellite companies

Now can we end these dumb arse threads about how to spy on the base? They are nearly as bad as the million man marches.

Amen, brutha... there should be a board here called "Schemes That Will Never Work" just for these threads.

On that note - I do wonder what the cammo dudes would do if I stood at the "line" i.e. on the legal side of the signs, and burned a gas powered dune buggy up and down the road on the other side? Or ripped donuts around their truck?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Use a little logic here. What gets in the way of photography of the base? Air. Where does the atmosphere "end?" Effectively, there are about 3 miles of breathable air. Now three miles is not that high, and certainly the restricted airspace goes higher than 3 miles. Thus use a satellite.

Any schmuck with a few grand can pay to have the facility photographed via satellite

My post suggested taking a craft above the restricted airspace, provided their is sufficient gravity to keep you on earth, then dropping or parachuting a camera directly down over the base. High dangerous and improbable, but still fun.

You and many others who criticize these threads continually make fatal flaws in assuming that these threads are about people actually attempting this stuff. Instead of engaging in the critical thinking discourse, you take the typical cro-magnon route and play policeman. Honestly, its getting tiresome and unoriginal.

Now can we end these dumb arse threads about how to spy on the base?

Just like Tiloke, you apparently have mistaken your pocket protector for a badge.

They are nearly as bad as the million man marches.

Eh.....huh? Do you live in the south or something?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What would be th point of dropping a camera in anyway all your gonna see is a bunch of hangars and a runway im sure anything secret there is well hidden

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What about shortwave rc? is that scrambled/blocked? you could also preprogram it and record everything with gps on board to log coordinates.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

It would be hard to circle around the dudes, at least near the front gate, since they rarely cross the border. There was an incident where they managed to catch a dude on the free side of the border. Some good looking college age girls where there on a Sunday and the dude wanted a closer look. The girls managed to circle the dude-mobile and started pounding on it. The dude just looked straight ahead.

The dudes have some silly rule regarding what to do if they get "cornered." Supposedly they try to be as non-confrontational as possible. One time a dude was trying to sneak up on some campers. The campers lit him up with a powerful light, and the dude "made like a Joshua tree."

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

They bring the secret stuff out at night, provided the moon isn't out.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

There is no advantage to dropping the camera. Go back and read about the 3 mile atmosphere limit.

Seriously, these stupid spy schemes get so monotonous. Further, it gives ATS a bad reputation.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FosterVS
Amen, brutha... there should be a board here called "Schemes That Will Never Work" just for these threads.

On that note - I do wonder what the cammo dudes would do if I stood at the "line" i.e. on the legal side of the signs, and burned a gas powered dune buggy up and down the road on the other side? Or ripped donuts around their truck?

Oops - I reread this and forgot a couple of words that change my proposed experiment extremely:

"On that note - I do wonder what the cammo dudes would do if I stood at the "line" i.e. on the legal side of the signs, and burned a gas powered remote control dune buggy up and down the road on the other side? Or ripped donuts around their truck?"

[edit on 30-8-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

If the dudes want to "interface" with people beyond the border, they call the Lincoln County Sheriff Department. So if you make a ruckus at the border, expect the LCSD to pay you a visit. They would probably just tell you to knock it off since technically the BLM ranger is the law. Expect a very grumpy greeting if the ranger has to visit you and tell you to knock it off. The ranger does his rounds, but he covers a huge distance. You might catch the ranger eating at the Windmill in Alamo.

The BLM has the right to declare sections of land Wilderness Study Areas (WSA). If they think visitors are destroying habitat, up go the WSA signs. Technically, most of the Power Like Overlook is a WSA, but the signs get ripped down.

Somebody had built this rock shelter from hell at the PLO. It was really something. It shelted you from the wind and included a small fire pit. It looked like days of work. The BLM busted it up and put up WSA signs.

You can still visit a WSA, but no motorized vehicles are allowed. Given the harsh conditions of the desert, a WSA pretty much make the area a no mans land, provided it is enforced.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
we need a million man march through the front gate.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Who says "you" per say has to break in. With the technology that we have today it wouldnt be very hard to get some sort of UAV over the base flying very low below radar levels and having a very low radar cross section. This would be a very small UAV. Have this UAV land or drop a small reconnaissance vehicle with camera attachments. All this information would be sent back wirelessly to a computer which would send it to 2 or 3 more computers so that your location would not be completely disclosed. The controlling of the UAV and recon vehicle would be accomplished the same way. The recon vehicle will be as small as possible to evade detection. The recon vehicle can then be driven where you want. All this will be accomplished under darkness to keep detection levels at the lowest levels possible. Flight of the UAV will be with night vision cameras. The hardest part of the whole thing will be getting the recon vehicle off or out of the UAV and onto the facility in the closest possible location to avoid having to travel a great distance to get to a good hiding place. The UAV can then be flown to any location and scrapped. You do not have to recover the craft just make sure the craft is far enough away from the base that it will not be detected or seen therefore alerting the security force that an intrusion has been accomplished.

Also, I know that there are going to be those that say there are R/C jammers that would make this idea defunct. My answer to that is this. There might be jammers there, however, we do not know for certain. So it is worth a try to say the least. If the plane goes down then so be it, but what if it makes it to its destination and successfully drops off the recon vehicle. There is no way to be certain it cant be done unless we try and it fails. Also, the jammers would not be able to be on at all times simply because of the amount of aircraft and activity that is supposed to be going on. These jammers would disrupt normal work that goes on at the base. I do believe there may be jammers, but they would only be turned on and used if a R/C vehicle or aircraft were detected in the area.

Also, if they have R/C jammers, then what jams an R/C jammer. Take car radar detectors, they can detect speed traps and send back a 0 speed reading to police. So who is to say we dont use this same type of thing against the jammers. They try to jam our signal but we have our own jammer on the aircraft that jams their systems. Not outlandish, would just need to research how it could be accomplished and build it.

So who thinks this idea would work ???

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by proflonghair09
Hey guys,

I mentioned this in an earlier thread about sending a private balloon with a telescope into space and i got shot down so i decided i would put it here as i think it is a somewhat legit idea. I was wondering how feasible it would be to get the funds together to send a small rc helecopter into area 51 that has a wirelessly trasmitting camera mounted to it. Obviously the plane would not be retrieved but that wouldnt be necesarry to get the footage because it would be wirelessly transmitted. I think if someone drove up to area 51 really close to the border and just sort of chilled like people do all the time and then left and dropped the plane of a little ways away from the border and then someone from another secured location could man the plane. What do you guys think are the odds of pulling something like this off?

Are you just wishing for a prison sentance? Do you really think that the security of Area 51 has not thought of every contigency imaginable?

Your RC helicopter wouldnt get 20 feet past the sign. And unless you are using some high powered controller transmitter and an antenna to overcome the mountian terrain to get that thing even anywhere near the other side of that mountian, your p***ing in the wind and the wind is blowing in your direction.

Not to mention the instant their spec-an's pick up any RC signal, their jammers will kick in and knock your little RC toy right out of the sky and crash into a nice little ball of flames, not to mention the security guards swarming your location to take you into custody for intruding on a restricted area.

But go ahead, try it. See if you can outsmart billions of dollars of security gear and personel that watches over that base 24/7/365 and sees everything, hears everything, and knows everything.

Good luck...your gonna need ALOT of it.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 17-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by speed_demon

Sounds like you watch too much sci fi movies and tv shows. You have no idea what they are capable of do you.

You think a car radar jammer or detector is going to help you?? ROFLMAO!!

Oh man and I thought Ive read outlandish nonsense before. This one is definatley the top 5 ranker!!!

Lets put it this way, they could jam every single frequency across the entire radio spectrum with such RF power that it would smoke your tiny car jammer and detector plus your RC UAV and your controller transmitter all at the same time, while they are arresting you as you watch your dream go down in flames.

Avoid their radar detection indeed. Heh, keep dreaming.

You guys must think its just some video game or something. But like I said, go ahead, try it. See how fast your plot fails even before you turn on the RC controller and UAV engine.

ROFLMAO!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No not use a car radar detector... Use the same type of technology that it does... Engineer a device that can jam their jamming devices. Its not that outlandish, but probably a little too technologically advanced for us to just up and build in our own garage.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by speed_demon
No not use a car radar detector... Use the same type of technology that it does... Engineer a device that can jam their jamming devices. Its not that outlandish, but probably a little too technologically advanced for us to just up and build in our own garage.

Ok well you just happen to be speaking with a degreed electronics and electrical engineer here.

Here is my take on the idea.

See previous two posts.

What you have to understand is that those guys out there that run security for the base, are 10 times as cleaver, 10 times ahead of the idea curve, and have unlimited resource to deal with every possible security breech contingency that can be thought of...and then some.

They dont dump hundreds of billions of dollars into that base each year for just making dirt roads that look like they lead to nowhere.

What is seen on those hills on the little poles around the parameter line of the entire area is only the tiny example of what they have at their disposal to keep that facility secure.

Lets put it this way. Even without those outer parameter monitoring points, they will know when someone is standing at the sign that sits at that outer parameter...simply by using one of their very incredible and highly focusable, zoom capable satellites that constantly looks down on the entire area of the facility. They will spot you long before you turn off the main road and onto one of those dirt roads miles from the outer parameter.

They will spot any strange RF carrier signal on their spectrum analyzers in a nanosecond and can immediately jam it, with far more RF jamming power ability than anyone could muster in a mobile setup, intercept it and source it within a few seconds.

In other words, before anyone even has a chance to pull out their nice little RC helicopter or tiny land rover and get a chance to turn its controller power on, they are already on to you.

As one of the posters was saying on page 1, your better off getting purchased pictures from some private satellite company, tho you wont get any high end or close up photos, at least you will save yourself a prison term...and quite possibly save from getting a bullet in your head from a sniper thousands of yards away.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I know one thing. If it an idea is just left to the wayside and never tried, then no one knows if it would have ever worked. Whats the worst that they do, arrest me. Woopty doo. Thats if they can triangulate where the signal is coming from. Have relay points to where they will have to search each one just to try to find you. Sort of a look I am here but Im not, much like a hacker uses a slave PC to hack into another PC so that his initial identity and PC are not found in time to catch him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join