It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"As long as there are men in the world there will be Wars"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not my personal opinion.This was said to me by a midwife after I'd had my daughter as the First Gulf War was raging at the time.Don't get me wrong ,I'm not trying to be polemic but I am curious as to what my fellow ATS'er think mainly because after years of being a feminist age and experience have taught me that men are wired differently to women.I used to think they were conditioned by patriarchal thinking and were brainwashed to behave in a certain way.To some degree I think that argument holds true still but after raising two sons I see things differently now.The peer group that was around me when they were little used to tut disapprovingly when I let my boys play with Action Man and recoiled with equal horror when I let my daughter play with Barbie.I did draw the line at guns though I found that morally abhorrent.Pleased to report my boys have not turned into psycho killers due to the Action Man exposure.Neither has daughter plans to be Page Three girl.I think there's a statement from Condi Rice today saying that military optitions are not always right in the 21 st Century-feminine wisdom?Again I must emphasise I'm not out to bash men but I think male pride has alot to answer for as of course do very masculine/macho cultures .All opinions gratefully recieved.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Women fight as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
False... gender stigmas hard at work. Some are nice or well justified, this one isn't. Perhaps LESS wars, but I don't want to outright attribute that to some element of machismo that I'm supposedly supposed to have because I'm supposed to be identical to all men, et al.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I've seen them fighting, we asked the taxi driver to go round the block to get a better view once....... (Location, Camden, London, UK - we're classy here).

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I know women fight.There's along tradition of it where I come from but that's not exactly what I'm getting at.I'm thinking more of a global phenomenon rather than interpersonal violence althought I see what your getting at.I think female violence as you describe is a whole other thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion Crystal Ice

No,I don't think all men are the same,far from it and I hate stereotypes as much as the next person.I think it's interesting that you think there would be less wars but not no wars.I agree with you actaully.I think there would be some women that would war with each other but I don't think it would last very long.When I think about women in wars the Isreali Army comes to mind.Everyone has to serve in the army there.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The same can be said for religion

The same can also be said for politics and political views

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
The same can be said for religion

The same can also be said for politics and political views

Could you be more pacific Oz Weatherman,do you mean women are more likely to think /behave politically in a way that's different from men?Is that unique to your experience of being in Oz or do you think that it applies generally?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe not wars, but in my opinion put a crowd of women together for a couple of days, and they are way more likely than men to get into a cat fight, most reality shows prove this, lol.

But I think women and men are different, I think there would be more local gang wars with only women in the world more than big worldwide wars which happens with men.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Maybe not wars, but in my opinion put a crowd of women together for a couple of days, and they are way more likely than men to get into a cat fight, most reality shows prove this, lol.

But I think women and men are different, I think there would be more local gang wars with only women in the world more than big worldwide wars which happens with men.

Interesting proposition-what do you thing the gangs would fight over?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Interesting proposition-what do you thing the gangs would fight over?

What do people always fight over? Stupid little things.

I've seen people start fights simply because they don't like each other, no other reason lol.

But it's hard to say really, how it would really be like without men.

I think men are more territorial, so maybe that's why worldwide wars might happen less with women?

What would they fight over? lol this reminds me of a joke I said the other day.

You know I'll tell you guys one of my evil fantasies.

If ever somehow most of the men on earth get wiped out, and I survive, I will become KING on earth hahaha. I will be the rare source of giving life. Thus I would be king, which has the order by the NWO(New Woman Order), to spread my seed for the survival of the human race.

I will be desired too much tho, so I will have many women bodyguards to protect me. Any women here wanna be my bodyguard?

War over me? hehe.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

Candyfloss,

While I understand what you are trying to say..and agree with you that men and women are wired differently...I would like you to assess for me two points of history ..one recent and one in the 1500s.

I speak of the Falklands Island War of the 1980s...Argentina vs England. In this case you had both a Woman on the throne of England and also a Woman Prime Minister. Elizabeth II , and Margret Thatcher.

Also if you want to see women in the same positions at war...you can in this instance go back to the 1500s and the first Queen Elizabeth. Remember the Spanish Armada...and other conflicts of this time...lots of plotting and intrigue going on. Also remember the conflict between Mary Queen of Scotts and Elizabeth ..resulting in Elizabeth signing the papers for her cousin, Mary Queen of Scots, to be ...beheaded.

Remember also...that there was a Catholic Queen who took the throne at one time ..who became known as Bloody Mary. This name was not accidental. And this in the name of religion. As I recall her name or title was Mary I.

I will never buy into the position that women cannot be as conspiratorial or bloodthirsty as are men. What I know ..is that they can be more subtle about it...than most men can even conceive.
Are all women like this ...no ..I dont think so..nor are all men. But it does happen...male and female. It is just not politic to mention it in lieu of the default settings in beliefs...or religion...to which so many adhere.

I can take this further again into a time when there were few women leaders in Catherine the Great of Russia. How many wars and warlike diplomacy did she get into??

My point here is all is not as it appears to work on the surface. Some peoples out here know some history and not just what is taught in the history books or presented by the intelligences of this world.

As to your point about guns and dolls.

First ..about dolls and young boys playing with dolls. This was at one time considered very feminine. What was noted about young boys in study groups on this phenomonon was that the boys were nonetheless carrying out traditional male roles in their play ..even with dolls. For the most part...this seems to hold.

As to guns...they are a tool..just like any tool...in the inventory. They are no better or worse than the character of the person behind them. They take wisdom and maturity to master. I do not recommend turning a irresponsible adult loose with a firearm ..and I know a number of them.
Children should be well supervised in teaching them about firearms. They should also not have easy access to them considering the level of violence which is promoted on television today.

I remind you of that young boy down in Florida some years back who liked professional wrestling and killed a younger girl doing some wrestling moves on her. This young boy was considerably larger and heavier than this young girl. Nonetheless in my opinion he was not taught nor properly supervised. He was however properly brainwashed/programmed by outside forces. My summation is that he spent to much time learning his core values from in front of a television set.
DO you know young people who get their values and core thinking skills from in front of a television set or from peers who do the same?? How about adults...?? Is there alot of violence being promoted on television now day ..both to male and females?? Even promoted to the unawares..by subtilty..privily??
As I am often given to say or state here on ATS/BTS...do you know adults in the same boat who cannot describe a moral or ethic outside of an example they have seen in a movie or on television. Their values, thinking, and responses are someone elses thougths..not their own. Television/movie values. They are robots ..automatons. Like this computer running a program ..complete with default settings to automatically play though..unquestioned..unthinkingly.

I will remind you that more and more as time goes by ..the thinking and appeal of much ....more of television programming is directed to the female. You do know this yes?? Day and night on the boob tube!!
Before it is done they will make boobs out of all of us.

It is very difficult to get youngsters today to think outside of television thinking/values when they are so often planted, watered and raised in front of this instrument. The same could be said about many adults.
Oh...one more thing..this often means that even our emotions may not be our own...since obviously much of our thinking too is not our own.

I see this line of thought or implication quite often here on ATS/BTS. I just dont happen to think it is true..merely by the track record of the history which I know. This is a line of reason..implicit..not made explicit or whole ..entire ..through the track record of history. Only half of the track record or history is brought to bear.
While the logic and reason appear on the surface to be reasonable and logical....history paints a very different picture.

Ok..just some random thoughts here Candyfloss..
Thoughts of which I seldom see other peoples make and for your consideration.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 21-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Could you be more pacific Oz Weatherman,do you mean women are more likely to think /behave politically in a way that's different from men?Is that unique to your experience of being in Oz or do you think that it applies generally?

No, I mean as long as there is religion and politics in the world....there will be wars

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
OzWeatherman

No, I mean as long as there is religion and politics in the world....there will be wars

I think this situation you are describing is simply because politics is in fact a religion. A religion in which the true standards and morals are undefined to most of the public. They can say one thing and do another.
They can place blame when things go bad ...and take credit for things they have not done.

This is obvious to me by the Zeal and Devoutness by which some adhere to this religion...Politics.

When you know this fingerprint of which I am describing....it takes alot of Faith to believe in a politician..any of them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 21-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think really it's hard to say what women would fight over in an all woman world.At least men would be out of the picture(which is what women fight about most in my experience)I think it's hard to percieve what values women would have if they did'nt have to compete over men ie;without the social conditions we have now.Up until recently I think it would be safe to say that women could only access power and resources through men via sexual relationships or family connections but that's changed somewhat now.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Okay ,I get ya ,good point,all the wars waged throughout time over religion does'nt bear thinking about.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Orangetom,what you wrote is definately food for thought.English history wise it is understood that England will always be at her most powerful under a queen and history seems to have borne this out.I'm sure there are a million factors behind this but one woman that stands out is Boudicca -she defeated the Roman army and raised ,looted and burnt Colchester to the ground when England was occupied by the Romans.She was one ruthless lady.Your post is quite long so I'll have to return to it to refer to more points you make.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

OK-History and values.Well I agree ,history can be a bit like a glass hexagon.You can look at it from many angles to see the same thing.Since it's always being revised by someone somewhere I thing that suggests that sometimes there are inaccuracies,whether. there's any agenda behind that or other reasons.Take William Wallace for example-Hollywood and others portray him as a hero,a freedom fighter.I heard other historians describe him as a genocidal maniac who killed schools full of children-how can we know the truth.As for values and young people,I think your being a little pesimistic .In my experience ,values are really important to young people ,especially in this day and age when they face vastly different stresses and strains to the young generation of about ten years ago say.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Some women are every bit as aggressive about physically fighting as men are.

Some men dont like to mix it up at all.

One thing I have noticed, is that while more men than women on average are likely to get into fights, and do the actual fighting, there is a fair percentage of women who like to stir up a fight, and let someone else do the dirty work.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Some women are every bit as aggressive about physically fighting as men are.

Some men dont like to mix it up at all.

One thing I have noticed, is that while more men than women on average are likely to get into fights, and do the actual fighting, there is a fair percentage of women who like to stir up a fight, and let someone else do the dirty work.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh,I don't know.All the footage I've seen of football hooligans fighting ,it was handbags.Women fight much better but I take your point though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join