It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God can make better decisions than you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You people are always the skeptics.

Im sure you would not like it if you did not exist right? You sit here and type on howGod is wrong and you try and catch him on
a mistake as if you live for this. It takes common sense but for the sake of denying God common sense is put aside.

Not one of you wishes you id not exist, if so why not kill yourself?

Because you love yourself, God loves yo the same way, and you never realize, you wake up just to post about God and another day passes on the journey to ever lasting life.

" if God is all knowing why did he creat the tree and know what wouldhappen "

So what. It happened. But think of all the good creations that came ot o the entire human race. All the souls who are in heaven who enjoy eternal happiness forever and all the angels. What do they get forgotten? You could be one of these people if we just reect this world and its false hapiness. The world chooses what it will do, and God knew it before hand, but he also knew that people like me
would have a chance to make it ito the kingdom even with free will.

If I, a measly peice of nothing can make it int the kingdom, and anybody can, than did he not do it for the better, or does the creation not pay off, or how come millions of peopl like me who love God existed? Because we choose God and not satan.

This world is tuff, andthe reason that one erson suffered as a christian is becaue God requires suffering for our sins. Don't you realize he is all justice? he says in scriptureto deny yourself and carry yur cross, nd this suffering we go through here brings about alot of good that you don't see. because if you don't suffer here your
life is filled with sin and pleasure and you completely forget about God and your sin is never payed for.

very few people can understand this, but suffring is a great gift for the building up of a soul.

" If God was all knowing he knew he would ceat people just to torture them "

That is insane.

Firstly, people decide to torture themselves by their sins, and secondly if we are not of him we are seperated and placed with our father
who is satan who will tortue us.

Say I live my entire life commiting adultury out of marriage to the point where it destorys my family life, my social life, and just my moral in general to the poit in where its all i think about.

At the end, can I be in te kingdom acting like this whe all I cared about was myself? Our punishment will not only be etrnal seperation, but also eternal misery because that which we loved on earth does not exist in the spiritual realm, same goes with TV, sex, hate, bad thoughts, murder, drugs ect.....

These things do not exist in the spiritual world and its all we think about, and if it is we (deserve) seperation.

And if I can fle from these sins, and I grew up in the inner city, then anybody ca, so I don't even want tohere its impossible, because its not for me and its not for you.

You just have to get your priorities strait and think eternally not temperarly.

So this topic boils down to choice.

You guys make it seem like its all bad, and everbody God creats is destined for hell. he created the human race for himself to be with himself, and if ONE person makes it with him, is it not a good thing for that person, especially if it were you yourself? since you care about yourself and God does, andI do, is it not a good thing?

But billions have made it wt him, billinsof mes and yous who all lived are now wit him enjoying heaven becase they choose heaven instead of seperation, not becase they were scared into it or told to, but because they wanted to, and this is the reason he created the world.

so believe what you want.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Truth, we will have to agree to disagree. Dont try tpush your God on me and others, Let learn for them selfs. I wont push RA on you, or anyothers. Have a nice day.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
Not one of you wishes you id not exist, if so why not kill yourself?
Most people that are unhappy are upset at something with their lives. Myself included. I wish my life as it is today did not exist, not me personally. I'm sure you'd say something like give yourself to God. I did that for two decades and it got me to the wretched state I am today. I had to drag myself out without God's help to even be able to type this message at this point in time.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
All I have realized throughout the years is that God is impassive about humanity at best. From his lack of inaction, we can see that he just doesn't give a crap what people do to one another. Little children are raped and murdered, sent to war. People are hacked into pieces and brutally murdered everyday. The list is endless.

Christian arguement: God calls his people back to heaven when it's there time.

What a crock! So, by letting a swarm of machete wielding thugs in some country in Africa hack a 5 year old to death, or letting some sex-slave ring kidnap, brutally rape, and murder a 10 year old girl, God is calling 'his' people back to heaven? I would rather stay here.

And these 'miracles' that God performs, where are they now? They seemed to only happen hundreds of years ago, where people were healed, or risen from the dead, or miraculous signs from above. They seemed to have been dramatically reduced in the mid 20th century, with the advent of TV and radio, and later still, all together disappeared with home video cameras. (Unless you count that 'godsend' Benny Hinn, the wonder boy of TV healing).

My truth is that God doesn't care what we do on earth. He created us, and is sitting back and letting nature take it's course. God is a part of nature, just as we are. He is only a larger piece of the chess game.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by AttackHippo

Originally posted by Amuk

If God created everyone and everything, he knows EXACTLY what the right decision is, and his judgement is way better than yours.

If his judgement is so good why did he create us so #ed up? If he knows everything he knew what he was doing

How did he screw us up? Giving us freewill? I'd rather be alive, free, and unhappy than a zombie.

If perfect, how can it screw up?

Because we screwed it up!
He gave us the free will to choose his way, we didnt, we chose to rebel, we live with the consiquences.
If it wasnt for our sin this world wouldnt be #ed up

He has now given a choice to return to perfection though many people ignore it. He now gives us another choise to return to him!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The point is, in giving free will. It should have know we would mess up, Because it is perfect. There should be no suprize to it.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
devil face guy. Im not trying to push my belief on you, im just replying to the thread, if you see falsehood in it then why do you care, but
if you see truth in it then why are you threatened?

Heelstone.

Ive been through probably more tha you coud dream of, an no im not lying or anything likethat. My whole life or half of it has ben complete suffering and i mean severe suffering that when my life is in review you will notice.

So i can relate to anybody. I don't have it easy like the normal christian you here about or think about who has a perfect non sufering life.

Christians who do not suffer or carry their cross, truly might not even be christian to God. Ive been though a ton ofstuff and im not thinkin about suicide. I use to when I had no hope because of th suffering, but now its still hard but understand why i suffer and its for my sins.

so I do understand you, and if you truly new theman behind the computer you would know why i understand you heelstone.

" What miracles "

God does not care? Ive seen thee miracles in a span of four years ever since i heard of jesus, and ive seen big ones and alot of small ones but ive seen him guide lives into his house through miracles for four strait years, and ive seen him guide every second of my life for this period, so tome he does care and ive seen his work
and his doings to pove it to me.

peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
if you have suffered in this life ..know that the greatest of god realized saints suffered also
nobody gos thru life witout any suffering it is impossible
once you are liberated though you will no longer suffer

God exists ...I have felt that divine presence

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies

God exists ...I have felt that divine presence

In the same way, I know he does not. To say your god exists, you are saing that all other gods of other religons dont.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
your right watcher, suffering and the ability to accept this suffering because of our sins is a tremendous gift to have, and
few who know this, because most people in life are too busy trying to find ways to relieve suffering by their own inventions.

Thats the story of this country. (comfort), money, more money, so I can be more comfortable and reject sufferings.

Its amazing if anybody can realize what suffering is for, its truly a grace from God/

peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

your right watcher, suffering and the ability to accept this suffering because of our sins is a tremendous gift to have, and
few who know this, because most people in life are too busy trying to find ways to relieve suffering by their own inventions.

Thats the story of this country. (comfort), money, more money, so I can be more comfortable and reject sufferings.

Its amazing if anybody can realize what suffering is for, its truly a grace from God/

peace.

Its mans way of thinking. To make the suffering easy. If you think you are going to suffer for a good reason, then its ok.

Chaos is everywhere, Out of chaos patterns form.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
For you people that believe, you need to, you couldnt live with out it. You are too weak to do anything for yourself. You need a cruch to stand on.

The bible was made to control the weak.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Religion is fine and dandy. But what I fial to realize is how religion continually gets away with murder. Anything else that would have been responsible for such atrocities, we would have declared war on by now. How does religion always get a get out of jail free card in this country?

If you need a god to rely on that's fine.

God could maybe make better decissions than me if he wasn't so into people killing eachother over him...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Its what?

" mans way of thinking "

Its Justice way of thinking. mans way of thinking is to relieve suffering, why do you think medicines and ivetions were created? even the TV to relieve bordome.

Iknow good comes out of suffringbecause ive seen it personally with me and my family through miracles you can't even imagine that come from suffering. nly me and God know of some f the stuff I will not get into here, but I know it creats good because ive seen him work.

Also spiting cobra, may I ask if your the one who said money can buy anybodyoff, and do you really believe this? an why?

peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i never said my god spittin cobra
i have not said he doesnt exist for other religions
god can take any form he wishes
if he doesnt exist for you its what you beleive
what you beleive and i know are two different things

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Also spiting cobra, may I ask if your the one who said money can buy anybodyoff, and do you really believe this? an why?

Of course I believe that anyone can be bought, Money is power, everyone wants power. Enough money you will be bought. Deny it all day long. But you know the TRUTH.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
" it was created for the weak "

than how come the strong relieve sufferig all the time? How hard is it to bare suffering and the wieght of sins? Its very tuff,and yu call
us weak because we accept suffering?

are you kidding me? I don't have to accept this suffering but I do. There have been many instances where I could have relieved alot of sufferings but lasted though them for an offering to God.

and who told me this? Nobody butmy own will did, an the strongest of men would probably have relieved these pains the second they got them, yet im the weak one?

"" religion gets away with murder "

people get away wit murder who don't even follow the true teachings of God. I do, and I would rather a man kill me than for me to touch him, and what teachings do I follow that make me think like this?

the same ones (they) were tuaght to follow but don't because they are hypocrites.

peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

God does not care? Ive seen thee miracles in a span of four years ever since i heard of jesus, and ive seen big ones and alot of small ones but ive seen him guide lives into his house through miracles for four strait years, and ive seen him guide every second of my life for this period, so tome he does care and ive seen his work
and his doings to pove it to me.

peace.

I am not doubting God's existence. But to say 'miracles' magically started to appear out of 'thin' air after you received Jesus as your Savior is a bit of a contradiction. God, omnicsient and powerful and perfect and merciful and loving as He is, shows favor to only those 'chosen' to accept Jesus? That is a sign of favoritism, which is a sign of imperfection. What about your time before you accepted Christ? Were you valued less, or less of a human being to God, that he let you suffer so? I don't buy that.

What about those who believe differently? Under your belief, miracles could not possibly happen to them because they do not accept Jesus as their personal saviour.

Are those non-Christians 'sub-human', because under your belief they will not encroach Heaven?

My beliefs are no less important than yours. We believe in a Creator, but to me, Nature is the Creator. Nature is so much bigger than a 'supreme being', as we are all connected in one way or another.

Give yourself more credit, Truth. You are much more valuable than you think. You don't need 'God' to tell you that. Just ask your family and friends. Or us here, at ATS.

peace

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo
If God created everyone and everything, he knows EXACTLY what the right decision is, and his judgement is way better than yours

"If" and that is a big if! What IF he didn't?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthpeople get away wit murder who don't even follow the true teachings of God. I do, and I would rather a man kill me than for me to touch him, and what teachings do I follow that make me think like this?

the same ones (they) were tuaght to follow but don't because they are hypocrites

Its a world of chaos, I am going to Kill, rather than be killed(just keepin it real).

Every wonder why the hyocrites dont follow? Hummm..... Maybe because they are using it on you? They are not weak, They are strong mentaly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join