It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God can make better decisions than you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

huh? where did i mention burning in hell?

I did not say you did, but most Christans believe just that. Them along with EVERYONE that has never heard of Jesus will burn for eternity because eve at an apple which turned ALL of us into hopeless sinners even unbabtisied babies.

Sounds like a loving God to me.......LOL

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"hell is right here and now
people create there own hell
youll keep coming back until you have perfected your self
There are hell like regions in the astral plane but after a pre ordained time you will come back into a body to work out your karma "

Just which Bible passages support this theroy?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
"hell is right here and now
people create there own hell
youll keep coming back until you have perfected your self
There are hell like regions in the astral plane but after a pre ordained time you will come back into a body to work out your karma "

Just which Bible passages support this theroy?

Well with the word karma in there, I doubt any.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity

So let me get this straight, "God can make better decisions then you/me." Well if this god cares so much for his creations they why doesn't he make those better decisions for us? Wouldn't he want the best for his children? Either this god does not care for his children or it doesn't exist, but either way the question seems irrelivant to me.

Ah yes, the answer of freewill! If you are a truly loving parent, would you still give your infant a knife to play with knowing the possible outcome?

I'd rather have my children be free then be safe and imprisoned.

So you are saying that you would give them a knife to play with?

What does the knife symbolize?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

God/parent giving their creation (which they are suppose to love) freewill/knife when they are aware of the possibility of it causing pain.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, "God can make better decisions then you/me." Well if this god cares so much for his creations they why doesn't he make those better decisions for us? Wouldn't he want the best for his children? Either this god does not care for his children or it doesn't exist, but either way the question seems irrelivant to me.

Ah yes, the answer of freewill! If you are a truly loving parent, would you still give your infant a knife to play with knowing the possible outcome?

We're not infants. If you give a full grown adult a choice between stabbing himself or going to eternal paradise, I'd say that you're pretty loving. And everyone gets a choice. If you don't get one on Earth, I'm sure God would understand, and let you make it after you diee.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by AttackHippo]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

God/parent giving their creation (which they are suppose to love) freewill/knife when they are aware of the possibility of it causing pain.

I would encourage my children to be able to craft and hunt with the use of a knife.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo
We're not infants.

Compared to the omnipotent type god we are.

If you give a full grown adult a choice between stabbing himself or going to eternal paradise, I'd say that you're pretty loving. And everyone gets a choice. If you don't get one on Earth, I'm sure God would understand, and let you make it after you diee.

Did you even read my post?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

We're not infants. If you give a full grown adult a choice between stabbing himself or going to eternal paradise, I'd say that you're pretty loving. And everyone gets a choice. If you don't get one on Earth, I'm sure God would understand, and let you make it after you diee.

But see the problem here is according to the bible....NO

You only get one choice make the wrong one and burn baby burn.

Even if you had NEVER even heard of the right choice....tuff #, burn baby burn.

Your parents didnt get you babitised before you did.....BURN

Grew up in the wrong religion.....BURN

All those that never heard the "truth"....BURN

I think you get my point

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I would encourage my children to be able to craft and hunt with the use of a knife.

Not child, infant say one year old. And that is being generous in comparing god to man. The point is that you would be giving a baby the means by which to harm itself before it even comprehends the consequences of its actions. If god gives us freewill then that is exactly what he does; the 'loving' god that hands us a knife which we are not prepared to wield.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What is an infant killing himself with a knife comparable to?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What is an infant killing himself with a knife comparable to?

You are trying to drive me nuts, aren't you!?! See the post above your last one.

God=Parent (assuming both are loving and want no harm to befall their offspring)
Man=Infant
Freewill=Knife

If you love your new baby, you will not put a knife in the crib because you realize that the baby is not thoughtful enough to know not to hurt themself or others with it.

LIKE.......

If a conscious god loved man then he would not have given us freewill when he would know, because he is all knowing, that we would make so many wrong choices and murder, corrupt and rape the other children in the play pen.

So either...
We don't have freewill and god has planned for his children to harm one another.
We do have freewill and god does not love us.
OR
God does not exist.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Not child, infant say one year old. And that is being generous in comparing god to man. The point is that you would be giving a baby the means by which to harm itself before it even comprehends the consequences of its actions. If god gives us freewill then that is exactly what he does; the 'loving' god that hands us a knife which we are not prepared to wield.

God told us what to do. Infants can't understand directions, WE CAN. If God tells us what we need to do, and we can do it, it's our fault if we don't.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

God told us what to do. Infants can't understand directions, WE CAN

So you are saying that you understand what an omnipotent god says at the level which he understands it?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

God told us what to do. Infants can't understand directions, WE CAN. If God tells us what we need to do, and we can do it, it's our fault if we don't.

Adam and Eve were pure and without sin before they bit the apple right?

God put or allowed the snake to decieve them. Would you allow your retarded (without Guile) child to play with Gang- Bangers?

Would you deliberatly place them togather to "test" an innocent child?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We don't need to understand it on that level, but we understand it well enough. He told us what we need to know.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

We don't need to understand it on that level, but we understand it well enough. He told us what we need to know.

How do you know that? When you were a child you thought you understood things, when you were a teenager you thought that you understood things much better then as a child and when you are an adult you look back and ask yourself "Why was I so stupid back then?"

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

When you were a child you thought you understood things, when you were a teenager you thought that you understood things much better then as a child and when you are an adult you look back and ask yourself "Why was I so stupid back then?"

And it never ends I can look back on 40 and think how stupid was I....LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
So, your God has limits to It, meaning It cannot be infinite. If It is not infinite then it must be finite. If your God is finite then there is something that exists which is bigger than It.
It is my opinion that anything less than an infinite God is just a more intelligent, advanced species than humans, but not worthy of worship.
An infinite God is the essence of everything that exists, good and bad, and nothing can exist that is not God. We cannot fall from grace because that would require us to fall out of infinity and there is NOTHING that exists beyond the infinite,

By UnconsciousEntity:

If God was able to foresee the future choices of a free willed being, then that being has no free will in the first place, and God isn't capable of creating what we call free will. If he isn't capable of creating free will then he wouldn't be God. Is or is that not what you're saying?
Bingo! A God that is all-knowing (knows everything), by definition, must know the fates of everything. That means all of our destinies are known before they happen. God knows every choice you will or will not make in your life before you are even born, and absolute free-will cannot exist.

It is almost impossible for our human minds to grasp that concept, but our inability to understand it doesn't really matter. We have free-will, because WE don't know what our future is. We don't have free-will because our future is already decided by God.

Now mind you, this is not what I, personally, believe about God, but I was raised to believe in the Biblical explanation, so I understand the Christian ideology very well. If their teachings are true, then this must be also.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by jezebel]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
deny ignorance? than deny me.

What the hell are you talking about? "Then deny me." Are you trying to say that you are ignorant? I honestly do not understand what you are trying to say.

Im saying that people are skeptic sometimes just to be skeptic without looking at things trough sincerity.

Please define sincerity in relation to the way that you mean it. People should question everything in order to weed out the lies from the truth. You speak of being skeptical as if it is a bad thing.

i tell people ive seen huge miracles and im the fool, and not one person can sincerely say.

Did I call you a fool? Not to my knowledge. What are these miracles that you are refering to? Please, educate me.

because nobody has any sncerity anyoe, its completely replaced by (ignorance).

A bit of a blanket statement, don't you think? So if no one has sincerity then does that not include yourself?

One last question: Why is the only word you capatilize "I"?
\

Apparently Jesus doesn't want skepticism!

Matthew 18:3

Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

To be like a child is to be ignorant and unknowing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join