It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God can make better decisions than you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
we'll see in the end and anyways you all are basing your view from a limited standpoint where none of us can really understand the truth about such things.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
how can god make decisions for me if he doesn't even exist?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
God doesn't know what's right for anyone because, he's not real. Saying that God knows better than you is like saying, Spiderman knows better than you. You have a brain, use it to make your own decisions. Putting your life in the hands of a fictional character is a bad choice. You should focus on reality, not fantasy.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
we'll see in the end and anyways you all are basing your view from a limited standpoint where none of us can really understand the truth about such things.

I'd rather not just wait to see where I go, I think I already picked. Only God can understand the truth and see his plan. He might do something crazy and prove everybody wrong.
But, until then, we can only base our viewpoints on what he tolod us, and thats in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

you dont know that tho, how can gravity exist if you cant see it, or magnetism or many things you cant see? they do but you only know its there because its effects on everything.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo

Originally posted by jezebel

By saying that God cannot know what choices we will make, you have placed limitations on God's ability to be all-knowing. You cannot limit a limitless God, that is a complete contradiction.

We were created to glorify God. His plan for us was for us to fall into sin. How can we fully appreciate everything God does unless we know hardship? How can we glorify God without fully appreciating him?

How can he fully show his love if he doesnt torture 90% of us for eternity. And being allknowing he CREATED those 90% JUST to be tortured

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
God doesn't know what's right for anyone because, he's not real. Saying that God knows better than you is like saying, Spiderman knows better than you. You have a brain, use it to make your own decisions. Putting your life in the hands of a fictional character is a bad choice. You should focus on reality, not fantasy.

What am I risking by trying to make people happy? What if God doesn't exist, at least I'll have tried my best to help people. Bottom line, there is no risk in believing God.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What am I risking by trying to make people happy? What if God doesn't exist, at least I'll have tried my best to help people. Bottom line, there is no risk in believing God.

Tell that to the people that die every day in this religious war on terrorism.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Tell that to the people that die every day in this religious war on terrorism.

I believe in Jesus, and he has nothing to do with this war.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by AttackHippo]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by silQ

you dont know that tho, how can gravity exist if you cant see it, or magnetism or many things you cant see? they do but you only know its there because its effects on everything.

I admit that there is some supernatural force but it's not god. it's a natural force. first of all, modern christianity was a mixture of pagan religions and some jewish beliefs. This was created by Constantine cuz he knew that christianity was a rising religion and he wanted power. So did the church. That's why they burned many of the original bibles, the Dead Sea Scrolls being one of the many survivors. To this day, all "christians" follow a false belief based on a book that was manipulated by an evil king who wanted power. A council created by Constantine even VOTED that jesus was the "son of god" and they added it to the new bible which we follow today. the church also covered up the fact that jesus was MARRIED to Mary Magdalene. they had a son (i can't remember his name). so you see, what you thought was true is nothing but lies. if u want the truth, read the Dead Sea Scrolls or one of the old surviving bibles. not that piece of sh*t you read in church

ET3

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Now this is really WAY ATS material, amazing conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I looked over a few posts and noticed people saying "How can God decide what's right for you? That's a decision you have to make." How can anyone hold this viewpoint? If God created everyone and everything, he knows EXACTLY what the right decision is, and his judgement is way better than yours. You should base your moral on what Jesus did and the ten commandments, because they are infinitly more informed sources than you.
If God knows whats right for me, how come I spent 20 years as an extremely devoted Christian only to live a life of sickness, strife, and depression? I had to quit thinking that some invisible force would know whats best for me or I would have likely died. Unless you will claim i was intended to do so.

ME

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
First of all, what gender is God?

I have read NOTHING but "he" and "him" in this thread.

Second of all, what is God?

I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT there is sumtin' fishy goin' on with this God thing.

Ok, all knowing, eh???

All wise, yes???

Omnipotent and Presence, no/yes???

If so, then God IS! God IS! God is all. Ever expanding and so on and so forth.

Now ask yourself . . . Who is the LORD God? The physical 'being' God. The one named in the second chapter of Genesis, not the first chapter.

Define God . . . and then take a look at what the Most High/Lord God definitions are. Something of the same but different.

IMO . . .

God=Everything

Lord God=High being of that everything.

Now, this topic seems to either deny or sterotype God as a desicion maker. Well then you have a thinking and GROWING God.

. . . Errrr, sumtin' . . .

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Being perfect, God would have know we would have eaten the apple. period, if all knowing means, having all knowlage. he would have know.

I've tried to explain this point before, but there are none so blind as those who will not see. The fact that God is supposed to be the Alpha and Omega, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and infinite, means that nothing ever has or ever will happen that God was not aware of before hand. It means that before God created the Garden and put the "Tree" in it, God knew that Eve would eat it's "fruit" and share it with Adam. God knew that placing the tree in the garden, would result in the fall of man. God also knew that It would condemn a majority of mankind to eternal damnation in Hell, before any of us were created. And not only that, but It also knew who would be condemned and who would not. If you deny that any of these points are true then you must also concede that God is not the all-knowing, all-powerful, all-present, infinite being that the Bible claims. That would call into question the validity of the rest of the Bible, which is why most people usually prefer to ignore those points.

Thank you so much!!Sometimes I feel like I am the only one.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippoSpittinCobra, WE WERE CREATED PERFECT. We screwed it up. When the friut was eaten in the Garden of Eden we chose our own fate.(Well, I guess Adam and Eve did)
We used our freedom that God gave us and disobeyed him.

We were created to glorify God. His plan for us was for us to fall into sin. How can we fully appreciate everything God does unless we know hardship? How can we glorify God without fully appreciating him?

Could you please make up your mind?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by AttackHippoSpittinCobra, WE WERE CREATED PERFECT. We screwed it up. When the friut was eaten in the Garden of Eden we chose our own fate.(Well, I guess Adam and Eve did)
We used our freedom that God gave us and disobeyed him.

Could you please make up your mind?

Thats the problem they wont it both ways and it cannot be. Its like the old arguement where they say you cannot get nothing from nothing so God had to create it.

HUH?

If you can not get nothing from nothing than God could not have been there to create anything because where did he come from?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"By saying that God cannot know what choices we will make, you have placed limitations on God's ability to be all-knowing. You cannot limit a limitless God, that is a complete contradiction."

See, here's the thing. God knows all the possibilities of events that can occur as the effect of one's free will but cannot foresee which one it will be, which there are infinite combinations and possibilities of. Think of it this way: If God knows what one's choices will be beforehand, that would mean that he is not capable of creating freewill which is just as contradictory.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity
God knows all the possibilities of events that can occur as the effect of one's free will but cannot foresee which one it will be...

So, your God has limits to It, meaning It cannot be infinite. If It is not infinite then it must be finite. If your God is finite then there is something that exists which is bigger than It.
It is my opinion that anything less than an infinite God is just a more intelligent, advanced species than humans, but not worthy of worship.
An infinite God is the essence of everything that exists, good and bad, and nothing can exist that is not God. We cannot fall from grace because that would require us to fall out of infinity and there is NOTHING that exists beyond the infinite,

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

ten commandments, because they are infinitly more informed sources than you.

IMO, I believe that the ten commandments is ten simple rules written down on a tablet....and is common sence.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey

ten commandments, because they are infinitly more informed sources than you.

hmmmmmm....let's see. moses went up mt sinai for a few days and came down with 2 tablets. what was he doing for those few days? i'd say carving the tablets himself!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join