It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God can make better decisions than you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
what a shame.

" You know the TRUTH "

I do?

Money = things of this world whichare very temperate. I don't want these things but I want God. You couldnt get me to hit my cat for billions of dollars because its wrong and the only thing i would do with this money is give it away and build a church.

I grew up poor my whole life, so what i have im happy with, and money frankly means zero to me and is the REAL means to control the masses, you think otherwise but that is the real truth.

Saints have given up all they have for God, and i mean everything in thepast, their houses,wealth ect to follow God, yet somehow they reject money over God.

Money is just for this world. truly created for this world and it only buys instances of hapiness which don't last.

So believe all you want, but I know myself, and god knows me, and thats all I care about.

peace.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Truth]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Bet, you can have God, I will take the money.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
You people are always the skeptics.

What was that slogan again? Deny ignorance?

You can not prove god. I know the responce that you always get to that statement is that you can't prove that god is not real either. Well, I can see rocks and trees and you which I know are real, but I don't see elves or dragons or god or sock monsters. Sure there is always the possibility for these things to exist as no one knows everything, but when NO ONE can prove their existence then the possibility becomes more improbable.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

You people are always the skeptics.

What was that slogan again? Deny ignorance?

You can not prove god. I know the responce that you always get to that statement is that you can't prove that god is not real either. Well, I can see rocks and trees and you which I know are real, but I don't see elves or dragons or god or sock monsters. Sure there is always the possibility for these things to exist as no one knows everything, but when NO ONE can prove their existence then the possibility becomes more improbable.

Amen.....

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
deny ignorance?

than deny me. I did not say one ignorant word. Im saying that people are skeptic sometimes just to be skeptic without looking at things trough sincerity. i tell people ive seen huge miracles and im the fool, and not one person can sincerely say. real miracles: maybee he does exist.

because nobody has any sncerity anyoe, its completely replaced by (ignorance).

"" Bet, you take God, I take money ""

exactly.

peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
take this brother may it serve you well.
contemplate this on the tree of woe.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

"" Bet, you take God, I take the money ""

I fixed the Quote.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

deny ignorance? than deny me.

What the hell are you talking about? "Then deny me." Are you trying to say that you are ignorant? I honestly do not understand what you are trying to say.

Im saying that people are skeptic sometimes just to be skeptic without looking at things trough sincerity.

Please define sincerity in relation to the way that you mean it. People should question everything in order to weed out the lies from the truth. You speak of being skeptical as if it is a bad thing.

i tell people ive seen huge miracles and im the fool, and not one person can sincerely say.

Did I call you a fool? Not to my knowledge. What are these miracles that you are refering to? Please, educate me.

because nobody has any sncerity anyoe, its completely replaced by (ignorance).

A bit of a blanket statement, don't you think? So if no one has sincerity then does that not include yourself?

One last question: Why is the only word you capatilize "I"?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanie_pianoforte

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by AttackHippo

Originally posted by Amuk

If God created everyone and everything, he knows EXACTLY what the right decision is, and his judgement is way better than yours.

If his judgement is so good why did he create us so #ed up? If he knows everything he knew what he was doing

How did he screw us up? Giving us freewill? I'd rather be alive, free, and unhappy than a zombie.

If perfect, how can it screw up?

Because we screwed it up!
He gave us the free will to choose his way, we didnt, we chose to rebel, we live with the consiquences.
If it wasnt for our sin this world wouldnt be #ed up

He has now given a choice to return to perfection though many people ignore it. He now gives us another choise to return to him!

So he did not know that this was exactly what was gonna happen? He created us all pure and perfect but he screwed up and we werent? Wait a perfect God couldnt do that could he? A all knowing all powerful god not only would have forseen this happening but would know EACH person was that would suffer eternal torment. This would have been preordained before the universe was even created.

So yes the great Majority were CREATED to go to hell.

Otherwise you are saying God tryed to make us right he was just not up to the job.....LOL

Again you cant have it both ways.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

are you kidding me? I don't have to accept this suffering but I do. There have been many instances where I could have relieved alot of sufferings but lasted though them for an offering to God.

You suffer because God wants you too? He gets his jollies watching you suffer?

I have heard about people like that their called sadists.

Or is this another thing that God just cant help?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, "God can make better decisions then you/me." Well if this god cares so much for his creations they why doesn't he make those better decisions for us? Wouldn't he want the best for his children? Either this god does not care for his children or it doesn't exist, but either way the question seems irrelivant to me.

Ah yes, the answer of freewill! If you are a truly loving parent, would you still give your infant a knife to play with knowing the possible outcome?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
it is my personal belief that the true god is not out to dictate our lives and gave us free will so that we can be entitled to make our own desicions whether they be right or wrong. if where not supposed to make the wrong desicions, how could we see the consiquences of our mistakes and learn from our misjudgements?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

if where not supposed to make the wrong desicions, how could we see the consiquences of our mistakes and learn from our misjudgements?

And burning in hell for eternity shows us what? That God loves us so much that he will torture us for enernity because we were raised Hindu? Buddist? Mormen? Muslim? Jewish? ETC?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

And burning in hell for eternity shows us what? That God loves us so much that he will torture us for enernity because we were raised Hindu? Buddist? Mormen? Muslim? Jewish? ETC?

huh? where did i mention burning in hell? but exactly though, why would a loving god send us to an eternity of pain and suffering just cause we made bad desicions with our lives. i know from personal experience that the only way to truley know why something is wrong is to find out for yourself as apposed to having people preach to you that certian things are "bad mmmkay". the hell you can create for yourself here on earth is more than enough "punishment".

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by mutehalo]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hell is a bunch of nightmarish visions created by Dante
the church adopted it
hell is right here and now
people create there own hell
youll keep coming back until you have perfected your self
There are hell like regions in the astral plane but after a pre ordained time you will come back into a body to work out your karma

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If god made better decisions than we can and he does make our decision alway for us. than all the things done by dictators are good as well because god made those decisions.

for as for money its irrelevant. because gaining knowledge is the priority it will lead to better life and the creation of all new technology following out of knowledge we can create things out of thin air and money is not more necassery. just like the ways of startrek.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Though names may change each face retains the mask it wore
from the album foxtrot
artist genesis
words peter gabriel

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity
God knows all the possibilities of events that can occur as the effect of one's free will but cannot foresee which one it will be...

So, your God has limits to It, meaning It cannot be infinite. If It is not infinite then it must be finite. If your God is finite then there is something that exists which is bigger than It.
It is my opinion that anything less than an infinite God is just a more intelligent, advanced species than humans, but not worthy of worship.
An infinite God is the essence of everything that exists, good and bad, and nothing can exist that is not God. We cannot fall from grace because that would require us to fall out of infinity and there is NOTHING that exists beyond the infinite,

If God was able to foresee the future choices of a free willed being, then that being has no free will in the first place, and God isn't capable of creating what we call free will. If he isn't capable of creating free will then he wouldn't be God. Is or is that not what you're saying?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, "God can make better decisions then you/me." Well if this god cares so much for his creations they why doesn't he make those better decisions for us? Wouldn't he want the best for his children? Either this god does not care for his children or it doesn't exist, but either way the question seems irrelivant to me.

Ah yes, the answer of freewill! If you are a truly loving parent, would you still give your infant a knife to play with knowing the possible outcome?

I'd rather have my children be free then be safe and imprisoned.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity

I'd rather have my children be free then be safe and imprisoned.

So you are saying that you would give them a knife to play with?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join