It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot a HOAX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I knew it was a hoax all along.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
All I have to say is "duh," I think bigfoot is probably something real, maybe not what many think it is...but there has to be something. However these guys were obviously just a bunch of clowns...their story didn't even line up and they would have had to find that body right after it died, because bodies actually decompose very quickly in the wilderness...so yeah, these guys were just clowns looking to get some hits on their website...which they had hats sporting the URL of.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
somehow i think this was done on purpose by the "higher-ups" to make the truth-seeking/conspiracy communities look like a joke... who's gonna believe us now? all they have to do next is "prove" aliens are fake...

now maybe the real bigfoots will come out publicly to make their presence known lol

..."they" can try to hide the truth all they want, but it's inevitable that the truth always comes to light! some day...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This makes me wonder, who or what was wearing the costume? If it was a real person, these guys may have a few questions to answer. Maybe they stuffed it, but then where did the human DNA come from?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by TallWhites
If I were the press I'd file a class-action lawsuit against the 2 guys.
Sue them for gasoline costs, hourly rate for time wasted, the cost of renting the hotel centre....etc...etc.

Thats should be good for 10 grand or so

Then I hope they get arrested and charged with fraud and public mischief, then they should go to jail for a few months and pay a large fine.

And that "cop" should lose his job also!

That should send a nice message to the next con artists who try something like this.

I agree with what you're saying, but if the media tried the lawsuit, they would lose. The bottom line is, in order to get fraud charges filed you have to demonstrate you were tangibly damaged, either financially, physically, or in reputation. The media can demonstrate none of the 3... the story generated viewers, so they made money... Yes, these men are asses of the highest magnitude and yes, if they accepted any amount of money from any source for their "discovery," story, or "evidence" then fraud charges should be and hopefully will be filed. But I sincerely hope our media wasn't stupid enough to have paid them to sit in on that press conference or interview them on air.

OK, so lets forget about the lawsuit.

Will you settle for just arrest then???
Charge them with fraud and public mischief, should be good for a few months in jail and a large fine.

And how about firing the "cop" ????

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

Yeah, the cop should be fired, absolutely. My point is, excepting the situation with Biscardi saying they cut town with his money, I'm not sure any laws have been broken. Sad truth is, making an ass of yourself is still legal in the USA.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Not sure about the rest of the body, they never really said, but as far as the foot, ...

Bigfoot Body Revealed to Be Halloween Costume

"Within the next hour of thaw, a break appeared up near the feet area. ... I observed the foot which looked unnatural, reached in and confirmed it was a rubber foot."

So the foot was rubber, I don't know if it was a full rubber manikin or not though.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't think it was a Hoax! I believe that the government got involved and want you dumbed down americans to believe that it was a Hoax. What happened was Whitton and Dyer are missing because the men in black came and got them! Come on WAKE UP People!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
OK quick show of hands of those who REALLY believed these guys? OK, you in the back, you can put your hand down.

To those of us who wasted our time (including me) reading this crap - we'll never ever be able to reclaim the time. Nice.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatTrick
OK quick show of hands of those who REALLY believed these guys? OK, you in the back, you can put your hand down.

99% of me knew it was a scam, but 1% wanted to believe its real

Also listening to the 2 guys at the press conference they did sound like possibly they were telling the truth.
Turns out they are just really good liars (and actors).

Lesson learned in all this, some people can come across as very convincing.
But remember DTA - Dont Trust Anyone!!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here is one of the newest videos revealing the hoax. They say they plan on taking legal action against the two.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
What a surprise, eh? Well I tell ya, after this crying wolf thing... NOW Even if sasquatch rode up in a Cadillac, Nobody would believe it.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. But they certainly would have to work harder to provide some decent, verifiable evidence that could be used as proof. As it should be.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Maybe they stuffed it, but then where did the human DNA come from?

I'd rather not think about that part. But now you went and made me think about it. Bleh.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love it ! The pressure was on and it came crashing down!
Don't believe for a second that Tom Biscardi is a victim
He is a delusional con man and may need help !

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If a real corpse of a primate was discovered, I promise you, it would've gotten much more attention and wouldn't be just belong to a couple of rednecks from Georgia, but to scientists and others.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
I knew it was a hoax all along.

No you didn't
And I expect HUNDREDS of more people now speaking up saying "I told you so" but they had bought it hook line and sinker... going by the flags in that other thread

Now what REALLY gets me in the FOX news article is this...

Bottom Line

Click here to start your own Bigfoot hoax.

So just WHO started this hoax? After all the costume guy first came out and said

That jibes with what Jerry Parrino, owner of Internet Halloween-costume retailer TheHorrorDome.com, told FOXNews.com last week.

Now FOX is SUGGESTING to people to start their own Bigfoot Hoax??

AND pointing to the costume shop?

Now what happens if some guy buys a costume... goes running around the woods in jest while his buddy is filming the next Great Bigfoot Discovery film...

And a hyped up Redneck Bigfoot hunter is thinking the same thing, only HE isn't shooting with a camera?

Next DNA text will definitely be human... because it WILL be a human in a monkey suit

Way to Go FOX...

That is one way to get news stories

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonking
I love it ! The pressure was on and it came crashing down!
Don't believe for a second that Tom Biscardi is a victim
He is a delusional con man and may need help !

No he doesn't need help, he needs to go to jail and learn that you cant make a living by lying to people and cheating them out of there money.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now what REALLY gets me in the FOX news article is this...

Bottom Line

Click here to start your own Bigfoot hoax.

So just WHO started this hoax? After all the costume guy first came out and said

That jibes with what Jerry Parrino, owner of Internet Halloween-costume retailer TheHorrorDome.com, told FOXNews.com last week.

AND pointing to the costume shop?

Now what happens if some guy buys a costume... goes running around the woods in jest while his buddy is filming the next Great Bigfoot Discovery film...

And a hyped up Redneck Bigfoot hunter is thinking the same thing, only HE isn't shooting with a camera?

Next DNA text will definitely be human... because it WILL be a human in a monkey suit

Way to Go FOX...

That is one way to get news stories

....will someone get this fella a diet coke and tell him to relax?

It's just for fun.

You know what fun is right?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Well, the very least a person could do is head over to the nearest zoo and pick up some chimpanzee poop. You don't even have to pick it up, since they'll happily toss you some.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
'Fun' huh? I call it FRAUD...
I wonder if they will refund the T-shirt sales

BTW its not necessary to post the whole quote...

"Montauk Monster" Was a Hoax
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now all we have left is...

Chupacabra Video Filmed by a Texas Police Cam

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join