It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot a HOAX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Bigfoot a HOAX

www.foxnews.com

The excitement over a supposed Bigfoot body that built all last week, culminating Friday in a circus-like press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., collapsed like a wet soufflé over the weekend as an independent investigator found out it was all fake
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Fox News provided this story. NO question about the hoax now. I feel like such a dumbass.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-8-2008 by network dude]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Covered in this news thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add comments and opinions in the existing thread.

Closed.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My apologies to the OP, this article is indeed a new twist to the Bigfoot story.

Thread is now OPEN for business

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The excitement over a supposed Bigfoot body that built all last week, culminating Friday in a circus-like press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., collapsed like a wet soufflé over the weekend as an independent investigator found out it was all fake.

SearchingforBigfoot.com owner Tom Biscardi paid an "undisclosed sum" to Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, the two Georgia men who say they found the body, for their frozen corpse and the privilege of trotting them out in front of TV cameras.

At the same time, Biscardi sent self-described "Sasquatch detective" Steve Kulls back to Georgia to check out the body.

Kulls, it's safe to say, was severely disappointed.

The upshot? The real Bigfoot, once found, is now missing. So are Whitton, Dyer and Biscardi's money. Source

Oh so Tom Biscardi is innocent? hahahaha
Hes set them up!
I bet it was investors money.
Or hes made more money from the media attention in his own shady deals than he even paid them.
And they now will be the scape goats.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/19/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What a surprise, eh? Well I tell ya, after this crying wolf thing... NOW Even if sasquatch rode up in a Cadillac, Nobody would believe it.

It was a nice thought that someone recovered a bigfoot, but it was pretty obvious from the get go... this was all a fake.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If you know you're going to get caught.. then why start it. Especially hard evidence that can be looked at and poked and proded...

Either their being discredited to protect a species that some "entity" may not want to bring to the publics attention.

Or

It's fake. But unless there is hard evidence.. its all he said she said.

I also don't like the fact that one of the "campers" said they were planning to go back and catch a live one. Wish someone would catch him and put him in a cage.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I was convinced, I even called family members to alert them. I think there should be a law against this sort of crap. The one guy is a cop, or at least he was. And he was whining about people calling his mom. Pfft.
This is the same guy that shot himself in the arm while chasing a suspect. His partner is an out of work bum. I really don't like hoaxers.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I was convinced, I even called family members to alert them. I think there should be a law against this sort of crap. The one guy is a cop, or at least he was. And he was whining about people calling his mom. Pfft.
This is the same guy that shot himself in the arm while chasing a suspect. His partner is an out of work bum. I really don't like hoaxers.

I couldn't agree more. I hope the cops nail these two idiots. such a waste, I was so excited. back to aliens and the NWO

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
wtf, first the romanek/peckman alien, now this?

Its a distraction people. Something's going on behind the scenes!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. You saw that pic of bigfoot in the cooler... so fake looking. Looked like a clump of fur with a bigfoot halloween mask resting on top.

The most interesting twist to this whole bigfoot deal is Michael Phelp's curiosity in the subject matter. Check it out.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I thought this statement in the article was a little humorous.

Bigfoot Body Revealed to Be Halloween Costume

Kulls writes on Biscardi's Web site. "On behalf of myself I can say with certainty Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer [are] not the best Bigfoot trackers in the world!"

Ya think?

Another thing I thought was a little funny in the article was how long it apparently took for this self professed "Sasquatch detective" (Kulls) to realize that the "body" he was "checking out" was just a halloween costume!

"I extracted some [hair] from the alleged corpse and examined it and had some concerns," Kulls writes. "We burned said sample and said hair sample melted into a ball uncharacteristic of hair."

That right there should have told him it was plastic and this was a costume, but it took him another 2 hours to realize he was looking at a store bought costume!

"Within one hour we were able to see the partially exposed head," Kulls continues. "I was able to feel that it seemed mostly firm, but unusually hollow in one small section. This was yet another ominous sign."

Then came the clincher.

"Within the next hour of thaw, a break appeared up near the feet area. ... I observed the foot which looked unnatural, reached in and confirmed it was a rubber foot."

I think it's kind of funny/sad that it takes a "Sasquatch detective" 2 hours to say that he's looking at a halloween costume!

I think it would have taken a "real" expert or detective 10 minutes to realize that they didn't have an actual body of an animal in front of them, but a stuffed halloween costume!

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
For two people who just 'up and left', and are hiding out supposedly, R Dyer just signed into his youtube acct. I think they are getting off on all this attention....be it good or bad.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OK so this has turned out to be a fraud, not a hoax but a fraud which carries legal implications. I wonder type of legal recourse they now face. I am not a Legal minded person but is there any out there that can say what these two now face in respect to legal issues?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Aww.that's too bad. I really hoped it would turn out to be true. Instead this once again makes all things under the conspiracy umbrella look bad. That is bad for anyone who works hard to try expose/discover the truth.

Shame on the perpetuators of this hoax/fraud.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"Within the next hour of thaw, a break appeared up near the feet area. ... I observed the foot which looked unnatural, reached in and confirmed it was a rubber foot."

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Keyhole]

I think he is saying it was frozen solid and it to two hours for those little parts to unthaw so he could check it out. These guy look like such freaking jack@sses

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If I were the press I'd file a class-action lawsuit against the 2 guys.
Sue them for gasoline costs, hourly rate for time wasted, the cost of renting the hotel centre....etc...etc.

Thats should be good for 10 grand or so

Then I hope they get arrested and charged with fraud and public mischief, then they should go to jail for a few months and pay a large fine.

And that "cop" should lose his job also!

That should send a nice message to the next con artists who try something like this.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
After te-reading this statement:

Bigfoot Body Revealed to Be Halloween Costume

Kulls writes on Biscardi's Web site. "On behalf of myself I can say with certainty Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer [are] not the best Bigfoot trackers in the world!"

It left me wondering
, so who IS "the best Bigfoot trackers in the world"?

Being no bigfoot has EVER been tracked down, how can you call anybody "the best Bigfoot tracker"?

And anyway, they never said they "tracked Bigfoot", they stumbled on the body while "hiking" is what I remember.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
If I were the press I'd file a class-action lawsuit against the 2 guys.
Sue them for gasoline costs, hourly rate for time wasted, the cost of renting the hotel centre....etc...etc.

Thats should be good for 10 grand or so

Then I hope they get arrested and charged with fraud and public mischief, then they should go to jail for a few months and pay a large fine.

And that "cop" should lose his job also!

That should send a nice message to the next con artists who try something like this.

I agree with what you're saying, but if the media tried the lawsuit, they would lose. The bottom line is, in order to get fraud charges filed you have to demonstrate you were tangibly damaged, either financially, physically, or in reputation. The media can demonstrate none of the 3... the story generated viewers, so they made money... Yes, these men are asses of the highest magnitude and yes, if they accepted any amount of money from any source for their "discovery," story, or "evidence" then fraud charges should be and hopefully will be filed. But I sincerely hope our media wasn't stupid enough to have paid them to sit in on that press conference or interview them on air.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Typical Biscardi crap, get the publicity, and then make up some bullcrap excuse saying that he had nothing to do with it (to save an ounce of credibility).

This is why nobody should listen to this crap in the first place.

Could bigfoot actually exist? Sure, maybe. But if it is found by Biscardi (again) I will simply look away (again).

NEXT!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join