It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarried couple having sex is the same as a human having sex with an animal?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
It looks like real hypocrisy to me.

lol um ok.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Mmm, deliberately being hypocritical?
I suppose I'll let that go, I'm sure everyone can make their own mind up on that.

Apologies for going back on my word and posting again, but it seem I just can't help it.

Your original point about all sin being equal in the eye's of God.
As mentioned in my last post;

.......is saying that a starving man stealing a loaf of bread off a millonaire is equally sinful as committing genocide; both are sins and are equal according to 'Gods word?

Does that mean that the 'thief' will burn forever in the bowels of hell for eternity or whatever your interpretation of Biblical hell is alongside Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot etc?
Because if so then I honestly think your God is one evil, vindictive entity more akin to my interpetation of what The Bible calls 'The Devil', 'Satan', 'Lucifer' or whatever else anyone chooses to call him.

No offence intended, but clearly, not all sin is equal.

[edit on 2/9/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Does that mean that the 'thief' will burn forever in the bowels of hell for eternity or whatever your interpretation of Biblical hell is alongside Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot etc?
Because if so then I honestly think your God is one evil, vindictive entity more akin to my interpetation of what The Bible calls 'The Devil', 'Satan', 'Lucifer' or whatever else anyone chooses to call him.

No offence intended, but clearly, not all sin is equal.

[edit on 2/9/08 by Freeborn]

Ok, sorry for posting here again but I had to comment on this.
Im not trying to argue here but I need to point out something.
Commiting sin doesnt mean that you will go to hell. According to the bible (if you believe it or not) you go to hell if you dont side with God so to speak. If you accept Jesus came down for your sins then you will go to heaven if not then you will go to hell.
It may sound a little harsh but even if you are some amazing person who gives so much time and energy to helping the people of earth you will go to hell if you dont have God in your heart - its really hard for me to explain and even then I have no idea what you guys might think of me (not becasue its bad but because its really out of this world).

And you are perfectly right, sin is not all equal and sometimes it may come across as that but its like the whole karma thing, what goes around comes around. We are human and can not avoid sin, but its still a good idea to try our best IMO.
God will punish those who deserve it when the time comes so I dont worry about that, thats for him to worry about. Rather focus on making this world a better place.

Again, sorry for posting here again but I felt it was needed.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

I actually agree that if, and it's a big if in my book, there comes a Judgement Day then 'God' will judge us on Acts and Deeds and and the value of our whole life as a whole.
I personnally do not see the need to blindly follow religious dogma to give me a sense of moral right and wrong.
However, I accept and respect your right to do so.
I suspect we have similair set of values just from a different perspective.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
I have always hated the term Sex before Marriage. I feel that THERE IS NO SUCH THING. The Bible states that until the couple have sex there is no marriage, so when a couple have sex they are married. The act of the ceremony is just a public declaration of their intent to marry in the eyes of the law, the marriage doesn't happen until that night
. [/qote]

No where in the bible does it say that sex out of marriage is the same as a animal anyone saying this is stupid and has no clue what the bible says. second where in the bible does it say that until the couple have sex there is no marriage. I could be wrong aboutr this but I think this is not in the bible.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I was gone for a spontaneous retreat to Oregon for a week with the missus. We had a vacation planned but were going to stay home. Oregon was much more fun than staying home!

Regarding this thread, I have two things to say:

1. My Karma ran over your Dogma

2. This is to Miriam and anyone like minded: My "proof" from your book is quite clearly proof that God created everyone and everything, therefore, my point was quite clearly proven using your book.

Again, it's right on page one of that masterpiece known as the bible. God created everything. How can there possibly be exceptions to that? Did God create everyone and everything EXCEPT homosexuals?

You all, however, have proven nothing with regards to the name of this thread. Everything you all have used as your defense has been your interpretations only.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Again, it's right on page one of that masterpiece known as the bible. God created everything. How can there possibly be exceptions to that? Did God create everyone and everything EXCEPT homosexuals?

actually thats my point.. nowhere does it say that. nowhere does it say ¨god created everything.¨

in fact i know something god didnt create. the lie.

the bible says quite clearly ¨god, who cannot lie¨. and then calls satan the ¨father of the lie.¨ so if god created everything.. why is the credit of lies given to someone else?

You all, however, have proven nothing with regards to the name of this thread. Everything you all have used as your defense has been your interpretations only.

really EB... anyone with half a brain can see your argument is smoke an mirrors

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

When I say "everthing" Miriam, I mean all things living. A lie isn't a living thing.

Here's what I quoted from YOUR book:

It continues to say that God created everything that has the breath of life. Do homosexuals breathe? YES THEY DO. So, using your "bible" I have proven that God created homosexuals just like EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PLANET!

Once again Miriam, I will ask: Do homosexuals breathe? If yes, then they were creatd by God as per this part of the bible on PAGE ONE.

No smoke and mirrors Miriam. It's right there in black and white. Where's the smoke and mirrors??

Lying is a human thing. It's something humans do because THEY'RE HUMAN. God didn't teach man how to murder, but he learned. God didn't teach man how to lie, but he learned....etc.

I'm using smoke and mirrors? Yet you are changing the subject to deflect from the facts. THAT is smoke and mirrors Miriam. YOU are attempting to use smoke and mirrors as you have no argument.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

the bible says quite clearly ¨god, who cannot lie¨. and then calls satan the ¨father of the lie.¨ so if god created everything.. why is the credit of lies given to someone else?

I had to comment separately on this. "God, who cannot lie." So, God is aware of lies and lying. He knows what it is. He just chooses not to do it? Actually, this isn't true. God is incapable of lying. There is no concept of "lying" where He is. Lying is a human thing not a God thing.

Satan doesn't exist, but if he did, God's stance would still be the same. In other words, the existence of Satan changes nothing. God created man and gave him the ability to lie. It is up to man to lie or not. It's a human thing. God knows about humans because He made them. God is all truth. God lying wouldn't make sense so the bible passage is kind of pointless. Man being man, lies. God, being God, doesn't lie. Common sense......

But again, lies are not living things are they....so quite off topic.

Carry on...

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As for the topic again. This is so stupid its not funny. sex is sex in marriage and out. love makeing thats different. None of it is the same as animals having sex. animals dont have sex for pleasure. animals dont have sex for fun. animals dont have sex just becuase they're horney. They have sex for procreaton.

As for God. God can lie if he wanted to he just chooses not to. God can do anything he wants. God is all powerful. God gave free will to humans. So that they can do anything they want. lie cheat steal. do good, fine God or a form of God. God does'nt make people lie. God does'nt will a man to lie. God only let people lie.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
None of it is the same as animals having sex. animals dont have sex for pleasure. animals dont have sex for fun. animals dont have sex just becuase they're horney. They have sex for procreaton.

Now hold on there a minute slymattb. E_B's little dog like's to have sex with a fuzzy slipper. Precious little procreating taking place there.

You should read the whole thread; perhaps you might learn something.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Welcome! I like what you have to say except:

animals dont have sex just becuase they're horney. They have sex for procreaton.

My good friend Whaaa is correct. My dog (well almost correct) likes to have sex with stuffed animals. I don't mean just hump. He finishes the job and he does it for sure because he ENJOYS IT and because he's HORNY!! He does it several times a night and he doesn't ever appear disappointed that the things never produce puppies.

Also...ever been to the zoo? Ever hung out by the monkey cages? Oooh Nelly. Some funky stuff goes on in there!!

When a male animal is "in the mood" does he have sex with his partner because he wants to have children? I'm thinking....NO!

Good to see you Matt.....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
E_B, please accept my apologies. I in no way meant to disparage the honor of your fuzzy slippers. Sometimes my dementia causes me horrible confusion, perplexity and I appear a fool.

Does your pooch have a preference as to what stuffed animal he likes to make love to and to your knowledge has he ever had the experience of a menage a trois.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Whaaa...no offense taken regarding my slippers. Ralphy prefers a Care Bear (peach colored) over any other of his stuffed animals. And he is not really able to manage two at once.....

But....he does cheat on the Care Bear from time to time with a scary red furry thing with the face of a human baby.....the thing gives me nightmares!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
whatever the point is that people having sex is not the same as a animals.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

whatever the point is that people having sex is not the same as a animals.

This was never argued on here. The issue with this thread is there are some people that think two consenting non-married adults having sex is the same as an adult human being having sex with animal. Obviously quite absurd, scary and ridiculous.

Animals and humans obviously differ with all forms of behavior but animals do like to have sex for enjoyment not just to procreate...

Peace!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Reading this thread a quote came to my mind

"I know nothing about sex because I was always married " by Zsa Zsa Gabor

Well...besides that...
...there are many delusions in religions and to put sex before marriage on a level with having sex with an animal is more than a delusion, it`s ridiculous and small minded, judging and presumptuous.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join