It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarried couple having sex is the same as a human having sex with an animal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is very puzzling to me. Recently, I came across a Christian (I know there's a joke there but let's try to stay on track) and she felt quite adamantly that there was no difference between someone having sex with an animal and an unmarried adult couple having sex.

Does this make sense to anyone else on here because, I have to tell you that personally, I find this way of thinking offensive on many levels.

She says this is in the bible......if it is, that book needs to be burned.

Thoughts?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Good grief, where is THAT in the bible?
Of course, that would be the one book that is SO wide open to interpretation.
Especially by some of the more true believers. It seems that they can pull any quote out of there to prove a point. That being said..
HOW can you compare unmarried sex to beastiality?
The only references I could find spoke of same sex relationships and incest.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have always hated the term Sex before Marriage. I feel that THERE IS NO SUCH THING. The Bible states that until the couple have sex there is no marriage, so when a couple have sex they are married. The act of the ceremony is just a public declaration of their intent to marry in the eyes of the law, the marriage doesn't happen until that night

Even in our current society, unless the marriage is consummated then the marriage can be annulled.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hello AD. I found it pretty scary to be quite honest. I needed to hear what others thought of this. I can't possibly see how anyone could translate it that way and for what purpose.

This is truly the scariest belief that I have come across from a "Christian."

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This brings on a lot of thoughts and questions, but the biggest one for some odd reason for me is, who would be considered the animal in the unmarried couple?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I hate to open up a can of worms here, but before we go any further...

What kinds of animals are we talking about.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Guys... seriously.

Can't we ever just have a discussion without all the silly questions.

I know this is BTS, but for goodness sakes, we don't need jokes, off topic and silly posts in every thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Guys... seriously.

Can't we ever just have a discussion without all the silly questions.

Lord knows I ask that question of myself every damn day and the answer is always.....NO!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
well thats one answer.

keep it clean or the next answer won't be very popular with those who can't keep the crap out of posts.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hmmm: I guess if people just have sex for the sake of pure pleasure, then yeah they are pretty much animals. Animals procreate to produce offsprings, right?. So, I don't see why people need to overglamorize 'sex' without the intention of making children.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

i think she must have meant that a sin is a sin no matter what

IMHO

sorry misread OP, the bible is clear on marriage, once a couple have sex they are married???

[edit on 15/08/2008 by drevill]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Not surprising to me actually..

Coming from West Virginia, I have seen the handling of snakes and drinking of poison all in the "name" of the Bible...

Just like every single book out there, anyone can take a single quote from it and make it into whatever they want.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

once again, your ability to jump to a conclusion, and run with it amazes me. as does your ability to get offended.

last time explaining it.

there is a basic principle outlined in the bible. no sex before marriage. or, if you prefer, no sex with someone other than your marriage mate.

(btw silentshadow, you are partially correct, but there are situations mentioned when the offending couple have sex, but dont assume the role of ¨married¨)

from this principle, several laws where made.

including lev 20:13 (men should not lie with man like they do with women)

and lev 20:15 (should not lie with beast)

now you can sit here and ¨rate¨ the sin and say this is worse or that is worse, but its the same sin! having sex with someone other that your marriage mate!

oh right, you dont believe in the bible. i keep forgetting. so you get offended and start a thread slandering me. nice touch.

for this reason i think its best i ignore you.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
having read miriams post

i think you need to make an apology

david

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Surely what two, (or more if that's your thing!), consenting adults get up to in private is surely no-one else's business.
As long as no-one else is getting hurt just where is the problem?

Oh I forgot, interfering busy bodies trying to impose their insecurites and dogma based beliefs on everyone else.

As for likening it to bestiality,...?????? amazing, I'm absolutely staggered.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Hmmm: I guess if people just have sex for the sake of pure pleasure, then yeah they are pretty much animals. Animals procreate to produce offsprings, right?. So, I don't see why people need to overglamorize 'sex' without the intention of making children.

Overglamorize sex? What's wrong with enjoying sex? And I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't. God actually wants us to enjoy the life He gave us. He didn't create us to be miserable. Misery seems to be a choice for a lot of people. A very bizarre choice at best.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think what she means is. Animals act in such a way that they have sex to produce ofspring, possibly for enjoyment to. They don't have cerain commiments in their world that is nessary, so there fore a human acting on sex without a commitment would be much like an animal. However, humans are animals as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow the ignorance level never ceases to astonish. Does saying two things are both crimes mean they are "the same as" each other? No. By the astounding logic presented by the OP then stealing a bike is the same as murder. Yes both are crimes just like both bestiality and fornication are both sins, but that doesn't say it is "the same as" in piratical terms just classified in a general category of crime. Biblically all sex outside of a marriage is a sin -- and God does not approve of sin.

Well unless you communicate with God via greeting cards like the OP. Just an attempt to slander Miriam. Typical prophet of hallmark canard fest.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
This is very puzzling to me. Recently, I came across a Christian (I know there's a joke there but let's try to stay on track) and she felt quite adamantly that there was no difference between someone having sex with an animal and an unmarried adult couple having sex.

Well, mechanically it's not all that different. Did you ask her how often she has engaged in sex acts with animals? If she's so cold and afraid of human males that she feels compelled to ensnare them with marriage before she'll give up the goods [SNIP]

Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because I participated in the thread that the OP is talking about, I would like to repost the context verses:

Lev. 20:13-15 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

Three different sins are mentioned in these 3 verses and all three have the "death penalty" attached to them. There are a few other sexual sins mentioned in Lev 20, but not all have the "death penalty" attached to them.

While there are many sins listed in Lev. 20, only one verse, verse 13, (homosexuality) uses the word "abomination". The singular use of this word (within the entire chapter) leads me to understand that God considers "homosexuality" to be even worse than ALL the rest of the sins mentioned in Lev. 20.

One will also find the same thing happening in Lev. 18. Only "homosexuality" is called an "abomination" in the entire list of sins.

(I am using the KJV as my text.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join