It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarried couple having sex is the same as a human having sex with an animal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Stop being the thread police EB your not a mod just yet.

To your opening post.
Did she give you any vs where it says having sex with someone before you are married is as bad as having sex with an animal?
I think she was referring to the fact that generally some sins are looked down upon by the church in the same way. In this case its having sex before you have gone and committed to that person in marriage and sex with an animal.

reply to post by SilentShadow

Your first post is right on the money there.
Marriage is two part - the first being the ceremony, this is the public declaration of a couples marriage. It’s like them saying to the world that they are going to be together forever.
- The second part being the sexual part, this must come second the first part as one kind of shouldn’t happen without the first. Why? Because without the first part the second can be abused too much out of the context intended by God.

Please correct me on anything wrong Ive posted in here.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Don't worry Funky I could say something but.... hmmm!
Gerr you tiger you!

We were married in chat but, you know your still an animal!
...just kidding Husband Funk, love you!

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
Did she give you any vs where it says having sex with someone before you are married is as bad as having sex with an animal?
I think she was referring to the fact that generally some sins are looked down upon by the church in the same way. In this case its having sex before you have gone and committed to that person in marriage and sex with an animal.

ive shown a few scriptures that show that the bible´s view of sin is that they are all the same sin. namely rebellion from god, which essentially holds the same consequence.

EB likes to twist things to suit his argument.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Good work miriam. In this case EB seems to be jumping at this in order to give another reason to not believe the bible. Not a good thing to try IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have followed this thread from the start and I still fail to see how anyone can equate two consenting adults having sex as equally sinful as bestiality in the eyes of your god.

All that has been quoted is inference and interpretation, no actual statement akin to;
'pre-marital sex is just as bad as bestiality', stating verse and chapter.

Nothing but dogma.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
reply to post by Clearskies

Honestly I haven't read the whole thread.
You said 'thumpers don't have fun, they teach their children to be miserable.', something to that effect.

Why is sex with animals fun?

I'm not sure what your agenda is here, but you're not funny. If this is what you have to say, then please move to a different thread. If this is a joke to you, then move to another thread.

I find your question extremely offensive, but that was obviously your intention.

Hmmm, odd that you don't seem to care when purposely offending Christians, then using a little emotion to imply you are at home giggling your pants off. Well, are appeal to ridicule arguments good or not bro???

Let me remind you of YOUR post a few before that one above:

Anyway....I (canceled) my membership to the Misery of the Month Club a long time ago. The thumps seem to enjoy nothing. Sadly, they probably teach their children to be miserable as well. There's a lot of Christians in the world. That's a lot of misery. Is this what Jesus wanted?

You can't run for an e-tissue when someone uses your same logical fallacies against you. Well, actually you can, the internet isn't China yet, but realize when you do, you come off as a thin-skinned hypocrite.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by funky monk

ive shown a few scriptures that show that the bible´s view of sin is that they are all the same sin. namely rebellion from god, which essentially holds the same consequence.

EB likes to twist things to suit his argument.

Oh sweeeet, can I get a star for my spot on analysis from the page previous??

My reply to the OP:

The only answer I can come up with off the top of my head is that both are sins, premarital sex (fornication), and sex with animals (bestiality), and that God views sin as sin, none more "sinful" than the other.

Maybe that is what she meant. In that regards, in Exodus it tells us not to have sex with animals, that's a sin. And not to have sex until we are joined together in marriage, that's a sin.

Did this woman give a verse as reference?

100% on the money.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I have followed this thread from the start and I still fail to see how anyone can equate two consenting adults having sex as equally sinful as bestiality in the eyes of your god.

All that has been quoted is inference and interpretation, no actual statement akin to;
'pre-marital sex is just as bad as bestiality', stating verse and chapter.

Nothing but dogma.

why would you need a scripture that exactly says 'pre-marital sex is just as bad as bestiality'?

you talk about thinking for yourself and not being dogmatic, yet you feel that people who use context to find deeper meaning are adding interpretation.

the penalty for sin is death, ive quoted an exact scripture that states that.

is bestiality worthy of more death because its more disgusting? how does one person die more than another?

eccl 9: 5,10 the dead are non-existent. no-one can be more non-existent than another.

what is sin? sin is disobedience to gods laws and principles

if the sin of fornication is punished with death (we grow old and die), and bestiality is punished with death, and eating the fruit in eden is punished with death, which is sin is worse?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Oh sweeeet, can I get a star for my spot on analysis from the page previous??

starred

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No....I don't like to twist anything. This was already posted, but let's look at it again:

Miriam...what does sex without marriage have to do with sex with animals? Is it the same in your world? Because if it is, I feel sad for the life you must be living and wonder:
A. Who taught you this? or
B. How you managed to come to this way of thinking on your own?

Response from Miriam:
if you are having sex.... with an animal.... i think chances are your not married to it.

This response from you Miriam is quite clear. You think sex with an animal is the same as sex between two consenting, non-married adults. What did I twist? Show me ANYTHING I twisted in this thread?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hmmm, odd that you don't seem to care when purposely offending Christians, then using a little emotion to imply you are at home giggling your pants off. Well, are appeal to ridicule arguments good or not bro???

Let me remind you of YOUR post a few before that one above:

My response:
Anyway....I cancelled my membership to the Misery of the Month Club a long time ago. The thumps seem to enjoy nothing. Sadly, they probably teach their children to be miserable as well. There's a lot of Christians in the world. That's a lot of misery. Is this what Jesus wanted?

more from NOTurTypical
You can't run for an e-tissue when someone uses your same logical fallacies against you. Well, actually you can, the internet isn't China yet, but realize when you do, you come off as a thin-skinned hypocrite.

I'm not purposely offending Christians friend. If they are offended, there must be something to what I am saying. I am just relating facts.

Someone with a horrible sense of humor asked a disgusting question and it WAS offensive. No comparing the two situations friend but nice try.

I don't come off as thin skinned or as a hypocrite. I come across as someone that has his own mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

No....I don't like to twist anything. This was already posted, but let's look at it again:

This response from you Miriam is quite clear. You think sex with an animal is the same as sex between two consenting, non-married adults. What did I twist? Show me ANYTHING I twisted in this thread?

EB...... through out the ages God has said that sex before marriage is wrong in his eyes. This makes it a sin. God also has said that having sex with an animal is wrong. This is also a sin.
The punishment for sin (rebelling against God as Mir stated before) is death. Therefore in the eyes of God these sins are seen as the same. But this goes for all sins - they all carry the same penalty and even though one might be clearly worse then the other it is important that we remember that sin is sin and Jesus came and died for our sins so we can spend forever with God after life on earth is done.

Do you understand EB?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

No one said you aren't entitled to your OPINION. Which is all you can speak for. Your argument is based upon an appeal to ridicule. You claim Christians are 'miserable", I'm not, in fact I can't recall meeting a 'miserable" one. In fact, the exact opposite is true, I'm the happiest I've ever been, I see nothing but joy on Sundays when I go to church.

So, no, you aren't basing your statement on 'fact' as you say. *coughappealtoauthority*

And if you are making your baseless assumptions off a few Christians you have seen in 'misery', then your assumptions that ALL of us are miserable is yet ANOTHER logical fallacy:

Using the "exception to define the rule".

Try logic sometime.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Therefore in the eyes of God these sins are seen as the same. But this goes for all sins - they all carry the same penalty and even though one might be clearly worse then the other it is important that we remember that sin is sin and Jesus came and died for our sins so we can spend forever with God after life on earth is done.

Do you understand EB?

Do I understand? No....what your saying is ridiculous.

What does Jesus have to do with this conversation?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Jesus has everything to do with this convo. He had as much to do with this as ATS does since you brought the Bible and sin into the thread - you cant bring the bible and sin into a topic and not expect someone to bring up Jesus. My use of Jesus in this thread was to help aid my post - there is nothing wrong with me mentioning him there.
Care to explain why my post is ridiculous?

[edit on 21-8-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Try logic sometime.

I always use logic. Why don't YOU try it.

Where is the logic in this nonsense:
- The whole planet went in a different direction for eternity because someone ate a piece of fruit
- Noah built an ark and carried 2 of EVERY species on the planet to safety
- Mary had a baby from emaculate conception
- Jesus, a human (if he existed at all) died on the cross for the sins of everyone who will ever be
- The concept of being "saved" and "born again"
- Thumpers think there is only a place in heaven for them
- Thumpers think every religion but their's is wrong
- Religion in general
- Babies being born with sin
- ETC ETC ETC...

Oh yeah, you use logic!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why was it ridiculous? This is why:

Therefore in the eyes of God these sins are seen as the same.

This is an opinion and a ridiculous one at that!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

How come you see that as ridiculous? Its not that hard a concept to grasp. Our sins might be treated the same in terms of punishment but when it comes down to judgment day and God sees our names in the book of life because we accepted Jesus etc..... he will ignore all the sins that we have done. Why because Jesus took our sins away, guess what happens if we didnt accept Jesus?? hell happens, and in essence we will be dead to God which = not alive and in heaven with God himself.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So you have ZERO response to what I pointed out?

*Sigh*, I guess you'll never learn.

Argumentum ad logicam (argument to logic). This is the fallacy of assuming that something is false simply because a proof or argument that someone has offered for it is invalid; this reasoning is fallacious because there may be another proof or argument that successfully supports the proposition. This fallacy often appears in the context of a straw man argument.

www.csun.edu...

Maybe you'd like to learn about fallacies of logic before you attempt to engage in a "big-boy" conversation?

As of the present you look like someone desperately reaching for anything to hold onto. Like a drowning rat.

Take your time, I'll still be here.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just me, but it seems sort of arrogant to claim to know the mind of GOD, based on a book written by MEN, open to interpretation and filled with contradictions and inconsistency's. With a new translation and version every time you turn around.
This is my favorite though...

www.amazon.com...

I guess that's why they call it DOGMA.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join