It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarried couple having sex is the same as a human having sex with an animal?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

double post.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

george bush claims that god told him to go to war, does that mean its true ?

war in the name of god, or jesus, yeah i dont think so.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is just bizzare. I can't believe this discussion has gone as far as it has.

Oh well, unmarried couples having sex, it happens all the time and is in no way, shape or form the same as... well, I'm not even going to say it.

Please, there's a big world out there, leave this stuff alone and read a book or play a board game or something.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
reply to post by miriam0566

What about the good Christians that came to the "new world" (America/United States) to convert the "savages" (Native Americans)? They killed off 90% of the "savages" because they wouldn't convert to Christianity or just because it was fun killing Native Americans (and raping a large amount of the women before they killed them). This was all done in the name of Christianity. Can you explain it?

I would love an explanation from any Christian on this one.....I know it's off topic for this thread but I can get it on topic. Is killing in the name of Jesus okay vs. killing for another reason? Is ethnic cleansing in the name of Jesus okay? Or, is the genocide of 90% of Native Americans by Christians a sin? Is it like having sex with goat?

Back the from what I understand they took over the land that they found by force from the idea that if there was no bult up man made environments (i.e. towns, villages, fences were a big thing for them I hear) then no one owned that land so they were free to take it.
I dont know much about what happened in the US at the time but here in Australia the aboriginies were thought to be a lesser group of people (hence all of the killing). If a child had one white parent and one aboriginal parent that child was usualy taken and put into a mission somewhere because the people of the time thought it was their duty to do so.

Yes killing people is a sin no matter what their colour. Ethnic cleansing is certainly not ok.

Also just because someone says they do something in the name of God doesnt mean that they are coming from God to do that work. We shouldnt have to answer for the actions of some people who thought they were doing the right thing or just wanted an excuse to do what they like.

Hope I have answered your questions EB. Now if you dont mind I am going to leave this thread again hopefuly for the last time.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
That sounded like rationalization and biblical double speak.
Perhaps we should let M. speak for herself and tell us exactly what she meant.

That's one of the things that really bothers me about the "Word of GOD"
It is so open to interpretation, depending on your chosen dogmatic flavor.

ashley explained it perfectly.

if my reward is in the kingdom that will come in the future, why should i worry about what people who dont follow the bible do? you are blessed with reasoning faculties just like me, if you choose to reject the bible, that is your business. but jesus commanded me to at least show you through his word. after i have shown you, its up to you.

i specifically made that statement because i dont understand "christians" who feel that it is there god given duty to impose their beliefs on others.

jesus never told anyone to get involved with politics, and certainly not to set up a "christian nation". jesus never spoke out against the romans, critizing them.

i saw a picture of a "christian" at a gay pride parade holding up a bible in the face of a lesbian, and in the other had was a sign that said "god hates fags". the picture disgusted me. what is a christian doing at an event like that, should he be "working out his own salvation". why would he claim god hates fags when homosexuals are no worse a sinner than he is? does this mean that god hates him too? is this guy being loving to this other person, even though he might consider her his "enemy?"

jesus said you would be able to identify his follows by the fruit they bare. if its bad fruit, like that "christian" in the picture, then they are obviously claiming something thats not true.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

why would he claim god hates fags when homosexuals are no worse a sinner than he is?

Being homosexual is NOT a sin and I am sick of hearing this. Homosexuality is not a choice, so how could it possibly be a sin? God made us all. ALL HUMANS. God loves us all. God doesn't just love straight Christians. :shk:

You know, thousands of years ago when men wrote the fiction known as the bible, no one knew that homosexuality was NOT a choice. Today, it is clear. Why would God create homosexuals if they are to be dubbed sinners by all the thumpers? WHY? Does anyone have an answer for that? Because God created homosexuals just like He created every other human being on the planet. Why do some of you insist that some humans are better than others? When they were ALL made by God? Why are any of you Christians better than anyone else?

If God created homosexuals (and He did) then He loves them as much as anyone else. When are you all going to do the same? When are you all going to figure this out. You are all sick of the Christian bashing on here, correct? Well...I am sick of all the gay bashing and bashing of EVERYONE that isn't Christian, straight and the perfect little non-sinner.....

Pathetic!

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

She didnt mean that being homosexual is a sin, she was refering to the fact that we are all siners and that the person with the sign and bible is no more a sinner then the homosexual is (or anyone else for that matter)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Why do some of you insist that some humans are better than others? When they were ALL made by God? Why are any of you Christians better than anyone else?

watch me, i can do what you do too....

this is outrageous! why would you think some people are better than others! i hate hearing this from you people over and over again. this is insulting and disgusting that you would think that! im justing assuming this because i only browsed through your post without actually reading anything but its clear your saying something that is offending to me even though im not entirely sure what.

read the stupid sentence you quoted from me again EB, stop jumping at everything

[edit on 28-8-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I can re-read that sentence over and over again Miriam. It says the same thing every single time. YOU said earlier in this thread that being gay is a sin.

Sex with an animal? Go to hell....
Sex between consenting non-married adults? Go to hell....
Disobey Daddy? Go to hell....
Homosexual? Go to hell...

It's all or nothing with that bible. No gray areas....

Oh wait....you said earlier in this thread that being gay is only a sin if one "acts" on it. So....straight people are the only ones allowed sexual pleasure as per that work of fiction known as the bible. Is it Christian straight people or all straight people that can do it? Of course, they must be married. So, if you are gay (which is not a choice) you HAVE to be celibate else GO TO HELL!

So....why did God make homosexuals then? Did God make a mistake?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Well EB..... you dont have to go to hell, all ya have to do is accept what jesus did for you - its that simple.
Why are all these things such a big issue for you? If you dont like what christians believe then you dont have to, just dont go fighting everyone you see raising the christian banner every time they post stuff that you dont agree with. *shakes_.*

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Jesus didn't do anything for me. I don't believe in the Christian's "New God." I believe in God. There is only one. If Jesus existed at all, he was mortal and made into the messiah by men to create a new religion to control the masses.

So...save it!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I can re-read that sentence over and over again Miriam. It says the same thing every single time. YOU said earlier in this thread that being gay is a sin.

Sex with an animal? Go to hell....
Sex between consenting non-married adults? Go to hell....
Disobey Daddy? Go to hell....
Homosexual? Go to hell...

It's all or nothing with that bible. No gray areas....

Oh wait....you said earlier in this thread that being gay is only a sin if one "acts" on it. So....straight people are the only ones allowed sexual pleasure as per that work of fiction known as the bible. Is it Christian straight people or all straight people that can do it? Of course, they must be married. So, if you are gay (which is not a choice) you HAVE to be celibate else GO TO HELL!

So....why did God make homosexuals then? Did God make a mistake?

it is pointless for me to speak EB

everything i say runs through this EB translator which inevitably tells you whatever you find most insulting.

either that or your just half assed about reading and you jump to conclusions.

i in so many words said that the christian and the homosexual were equal sinners and that one was no better than the other, so how can the christian have the right to condemn the homosexual. somehow you twist it into a gay bashing statement.

sometimes i wonder if you are just looking for fights.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

God hasnt changed at all, he is holding his judgment on us till judgment day, there is none of this "New God" buisness because the God I worship hasnt changed, the only thing he has changed is his approach on the world. Like I said before, if you dont wanna belive then dont - its that simple.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sorry, double post

[edit on 28-8-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I thought you said this in this thread, but you said it in another quite recently:

homosexuals are not the abomination, homosexuality is. same as any other fornication, or thieving, or lying, or murder.

So, as I said was your belief, you think it's okay to be gay but not okay to act on it. How does that make sense? God created homosexuals, right? Once again, did He make a mistake? No....

So then why are straight people only allowed to have sex? And to you, only straight married people? Why aren't homosexuals who were created by God just like everyone else allowed to have sex? What about married homosexuals? Can they have sex? Oh no, right? They are not allowed to act on their gayness even if married.

Do you really think God created 600,000,000 homosexuals that currently reside on this planet with the expectation that they wouldn't have sex? Is that logical? And what about the billions upon billions of homosexuals that once lived on this Earth? God created all of them to be sexless beings?

Homosexuals: not sinners
Unmarried adult consenting partners having sex: not sinners

either that or your just half assed about reading and you jump to conclusions

No. I pay attention and call people on what they say such as the first quote from you above. You think lying is the same as having sex with a goat. You think lying is the same as murder. This is logical to you?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

reply to post by funky monk

Jesus didn't do anything for me. I don't believe in the Christian's "New God." I believe in God. There is only one. If Jesus existed at all, he was mortal and made into the messiah by men to create a new religion to control the masses.

So...save it!

Will you tell that to His face on judgment day?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

God created homosexuals, right?

who says that he did?

do you have proof that he did?

do you know whats its like to be a homosexual?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

God created homosexuals, right?

who says that he did?

do you have proof that he did?

do you know whats its like to be a homosexual?

Who says He did? WOW! And you are a Christian? God created EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! The proof is in the fact that they are! Did God only create you Christians?

What does my knowing what it's like to be a homosexual have anything to do with anytihing? I also don't know what it's like to be a woman or to be Spanish. So?

Why don't you Christians band together and kill off anyone that is not Christian and like-minded? I think that is the only thing that will make you happy. You can do the killing in the name of Jesus!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Will you tell that to His face on judgment day?

God doesn't have a face. There is no judgement day. Unless of course you are talking about the day we all die. The day we "meet our maker" as it were.

I don't need to to tell Him anything. He already knows everything. He already knows how I feel about Him and the world. I am close to God and He is close to me. He is in me.

God made us human, so He expects us to be human. I'm sure He finds our behavior quite humorous at times. Like, you all waiting to get married to have sex.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Who says He did? WOW! And you are a Christian? God created EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! The proof is in the fact that they are! Did God only create you Christians?

if you were christian, you would understand the concept of inherited sin. god did not create us sinful. god created adam and eve, so yes he "created" us, but the procreation there after isnt guided by god.

god does say this one will grow up that way or this way.

so no, god didnt "create" homosexuals. even if a homosexual is born with those traits, it doesnt mean that god intended it that way.

Why don't you Christians band together and kill off anyone that is not Christian and like-minded? I think that is the only thing that will make you happy. You can do the killing in the name of Jesus!

what does this have to do with our conversation?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join