It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarried couple having sex is the same as a human having sex with an animal?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
God hasnt changed at all, he is holding his judgment on us till judgment day, there is none of this "New God" buisness because the God I worship hasnt changed, the only thing he has changed is his approach on the world.

Help me out on this one funky monk.

"God hasn't changed at all, the only thing he has changed is his approach on the world"

Sort of sounds like a change to me. *shakes_head*

[edit on 29-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Will you tell that to His face on judgment day?

God doesn't have a face. There is no judgement day. Unless of course you are talking about the day we all die. The day we "meet our maker" as it were.

I don't need to to tell Him anything. He already knows everything. He already knows how I feel about Him and the world. I am close to God and He is close to me. He is in me.

God made us human, so He expects us to be human. I'm sure He finds our behavior quite humorous at times. Like, you all waiting to get married to have sex.

You simply believe in God?

Congratulations, you're no different than demons.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

starred....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

if you were christian, you would understand the concept of inherited sin. god did not create us sinful. god created adam and eve, so yes he "created" us, but the procreation there after isnt guided by god.

god does say this one will grow up that way or this way.

so no, god didnt "create" homosexuals. even if a homosexual is born with those traits, it doesnt mean that god intended it that way.

I understand the "concept' of inherited sin. It's a pathetically ridiculous concept. There was no Adam and Eve. There was no fruit eaten that caused the course of the world to change direction. More nonsense...

Yes....God created homosexuals as He created EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! Unless you believe, again, that God makes mistakes.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Really? So, Jews are all demons to you and to Miriam who "starred" you. Everyone BUT Christians are all demons? So again, why not kill off all us demons so you can have a planet with just the likes of you all on it?

Kill all the non-Christians in the name of Jesus. Jesus wasn't a Christian. So, therefore, using you belief, he was a demon?

You all have some pretty scary beliefs. You are all following the teachings of Jesus?

I'm a demon. A HA HA HA HA HA HA! Funniest thing I have ever heard on this site!!

NOW: Prove to me the existence of demons and prove to me that demons believe in God.....

*waiting*

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes....God created homosexuals as He created EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!

prove it....

waiting....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes....God created homosexuals as He created EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!

prove it....

waiting....

God created everything. Let's use your book:

In the beginning there was God and nothing but a void.
God created light and it was good.
God separated the light from the darkness....etc.
God created the sky and there was day and night...blah blah.
On the second day, God separated the water from the land.
Then He created vegetation, trees, etc (flora)
Then he created days, seasons, years...etc.
Then he created the two great lights: one to rule the day and one to rule the night.
Now we are on the fourth day: God created swarms of living creatures in the waters and EVERY LIVING CREATURE in the water....etc.
On the fifth day he created creatures of the land: EVERY CREATURE ON THE LAND.....etc.
Then God said (now this is curious): "Let us create humankind in our image." Who is the "us" and "our" that He is talking about? I guess God wasn't alone?? according to your bible....so the bible appears to be Pagan. Anyway...I got off track: Humankind was created and given dominion over everything.

It continues to say that God created everything that has the breath of life. Do homosexuals breathe? YES THEY DO. So, using your "bible" I have proven that God created homosexuals just like EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PLANET!

Why do YOU have such a difficult time understanding your own rule book/owner's manual/"bible??" I mean, IT'S ON PAGE ONE!

Personally, I only need common sense to understand that if God created everything, that would include homosexuals. I believe in God and believe He created everything and the universe that everything is in. Therefore, He created homosexuals.

And I know in my heart and my soul that we are ALL God's creatures and ALL are loved by God unconditionally. He made us human and He expects nothing more. When we leave our bodies behind, there will be no hate, no intolerance, no male or female, no black, white, red or yellow, no religion, no politics, no greed, no murder, no war, no rape, no disease...etc. None of the crap that comes with being human.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

oops, just relised what I said makes no sence.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It continues to say that God created everything that has the breath of life. Do homosexuals breathe? YES THEY DO. So, using your "bible" I have proven that God created homosexuals just like EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PLANET!

no you havent...

nowhere does it say "god created homosexuals"

your full of hot air

pathetic

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Neither does it say 'unmarried couples having sex is the same as having sex with animals'.

End of discussion really.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Neither does it say 'unmarried couples having sex is the same as having sex with animals'.

End of discussion really.

no, not end of discussion, if he can draw conclusions from context, why cant i?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Miriam,
You quoted Biblical text which you say INFERRED that 'unmarried people having sex is equally as sinful as having sex with animals'.

You then refuse EB to use the same type of inferrence and demand LITERAL quotation.

You can't have it both ways Miriam, inferral and literal interpretations when it suits your arguement but denial of the same when someone refutes your arguement.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Miriam,
You quoted Biblical text which you say INFERRED that 'unmarried people having sex is equally as sinful as having sex with animals'.

You then refuse EB to use the same type of inferrence and demand LITERAL quotation.

You can't have it both ways Miriam, inferral and literal interpretations when it suits your arguement but denial of the same when someone refutes your arguement.

exactly. both you and EB made it very clear that if its not in the bible in black and white, then its nothing but an interpretation.

then EB goes and makes his own.

so my question stands, why can he arrive at a conclusion based on context and i cant?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

So which is it Miriam, is the Bible meant to be interprted literally or metaphorically. One or the other.
You deny EB the right to use interpretation yet use your interpretation and literal quotations to support your arguement yet deny others the same privelidge.

What is good for one is good for the other.

Besides which, you seem to be the one who sets the goalposts but then change them to suit your arguement.

Miriam,
please give me a definitive response, where in The Bible it says, in no uncertain terms ' having sex whilst unmarried is equally sinful as bestiality'?
It doesn't!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

So which is it Miriam, is the Bible meant to be interprted literally or metaphorically. One or the other.
You deny EB the right to use interpretation yet use your interpretation and literal quotations to support your arguement yet deny others the same privelidge.

im not denying anyone anything. im calling him out for his hypocracy.

Miriam,
please give me a definitive response, where in The Bible it says, in no uncertain terms ' having sex whilst unmarried is equally sinful as bestiality'?
It doesn't!

i already quoted the scripture.

romans 6:[23] For the wages of sin is death;

no uncertain terms. one sin.

it doesnt say ¨those that lies go here, or those that murder go here...¨

same sin, same punishment.

we all die, because we have all sinned.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

But EB has also presented scripture which by implication and inferrence support his arguement that God created Homosexuals and as such if homosexuality is wrong God made a mistake etc.

In the beginning there was God and nothing but a void.
God created light and it was good.
God separated the light from the darkness....etc.
God created the sky and there was day and night...blah blah.
On the second day, God separated the water from the land.
Then He created vegetation, trees, etc (flora)
Then he created days, seasons, years...etc.
Then he created the two great lights: one to rule the day and one to rule the night.
Now we are on the fourth day: God created swarms of living creatures in the waters and EVERY LIVING CREATURE in the water....etc.
On the fifth day he created creatures of the land: EVERY CREATURE ON THE LAND.....etc.
Then God said (now this is curious): "Let us create humankind in our image."

My point is, and I apologise if I appear to be labouring the point, you ask EB to supply actual, literal Bibilical text to support his opinion yet use inferrence of Scripture to support yours.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

My point is, and I apologise if I appear to be labouring the point, you ask EB to supply actual, literal Bibilical text to support his opinion yet use inferrence of Scripture to support yours.

why do you accept his use of context and not mine?

you accept that god created homosexuals based on EBS conclusions, and without him showing a scripture that says ¨god created homosexuals¨

yet my conclusions that all sin is equal is somehow invalid? even though i show a scripture to support the idea?

this thread is about arguing, its not about having a reasonable debate or discussion, if it was, you would see the point im making lol

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Miriam,
If I appear to be aguing I apologise.
I am genuinely trying to discuss and debate the subject at hand.
To do that I have to understand the validity of the sources provided.
I also feel it is fair that the same paremeters are used for the same source, this is'nt necessarily true at present as you appear to to use literal and metaphoric interpretation of The Bible yet deny EB the same privelidge.

Yes, I agree with EB that pre-maritial sex between two consenting adults is not equally as sinful as bestiality.

My personal opinion on if God created homosexuals is irrelevant, my only point is that you have offered you interpretation to support your opinion that all sin is equal, (taken to extreme that is saying that a starving man stealing a loaf of bread off a millonaire is equally sinful as committing genocide; both are sins and are equal according to 'Gods word?); EB has used a similar approach in interpreting your Biblical source to offer evidence that God made homosexuals and if homosexuality is a sin then God somehow got it just a tadge wrong!

If it is ok for you, it is ok for him.
Yet you claim his evidence is somehow invalid.

I sincerely hope that I have not appeared disrepectful to you and your opinion, which is at least reasoned and considered, unlike a lot I have witnessed, I just feel that all sides of any debate should be afforded the right to operate within the same parameters.

I think you are aware of my opinion of the contradictory nature of The Bible and it's openness to interpretation.

Without wishing cause offence to anyone I sincerely hope not to add anymore to this thread, (I could well be wrong though, I usually am, lol) as it appears both you and I Miriam are going round in circles in our discussions with each other.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Without wishing cause offence to anyone I sincerely hope not to add anymore to this thread, (I could well be wrong though, I usually am, lol) as it appears both you and I Miriam are going round in circles in our discussions with each other.

it because you are not understading something. i am purposefully acting "hypocritical"

im emphasizing EB debate tactics by using them on him.

he spent an entire thread telling me that what i was saying wasnt valid because of lack of scripture, then he turns around and uses a conclusion, with the same lack of scripture. i simply called him on it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

i am purposefully acting "hypocritical"

I don't think many people are going to accept that.

It looks like real hypocrisy to me.

However this is a fascinating thread.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join