It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

Hmm... sounds like you deserved it...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have been telling people for a while.That there will be three days of Darkness,
Evil beings will come out to inflict death on all who go out.This darkness is going to happen.This crack you saw if you were in California in what direction would it be for us.This big you can take it to the bank for foreclosure.Thanks for posting.Richard Greywolf

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There are tons of prophecies that talk about three days of darkness when those who go out will die - most of them seem originate within a Roman Catholic context. They are so consistent that I could not help but come to the conclusion that most of them were pretty much copying others.

However - three days of darkness during which anyone who ventures into the open air will snuff it is a million miles from what is being spoken of here, so I wouldn't be too worried....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by theukman
Well when I read this a shiver ran down my spine, a few nights ago I had a real wierd dream, kind of a nightmare. Now I havn't had a nightmare for years ( since a child) but this one felt so real, it was if I was fealing real emotion. Stick with me here I do have a point. The dream was that a dark patch appeard in the sky, but it was not just a dark patch but a tare in reality to another dimention, and through this "Portal" was coming the wierdest stuff. From animals never seen before to the living dead along with lost loved ones who never even recognised me. Now the "Portal" wasn't like a open door but just a patch of darkness in the sky and eveything underneath was in shade but everywhere else was still lit up from the sun.

I am not in any way saying that I had a premenition but reading this brought the dream flooding back to me and sent a shiver up my spine.

This is so strange I can't believe I have just read your post, I had the same dream, I swear on my partners life I am telling the truth. I had a vivid dream I was outside and then complete darkness. I turned round and said to whoever I was with (in my dream) whats happening, then a brilliant flash, like a nuclear bomb or something similar and then I woke up with a bang! very strange and very odd you had the same dream of darkness, what is going on, so much strangeness in the last few weeks.

I was quite shaken when I read these dream descriptions. On the evening of the 2nd of this month I had a very vivid dream. Probably the most vivid I've had for some time.

Myself and my partner are standing together, facing either mountains or a cityscape. I remember feeling at ease initially. Out of nowhere, a huge rift or tear gradually appears in the sky. My first thoughts (within my dream) were "this is a black hole, on Earth". It was as if the sky had opened and taken on a pixellated appearance (similar to when you point a fairly cheap digital camera at the sun and the added light instantly over exposes the camera lens) or if any of you have played the Zelda game "Twilight Princess" - the funny dark portals that open up. The portal started off as a tiny black speck, but grew to enormous proportions, highlighted with green and purple.

I remember feeling at ease, like I'd been expecting it to happen. I was sat watching every ounce of earth/light/everything gradually eroding away, still fairly calm. I turned to my partner and calmly told her I loved her, but she didn't respond. I then felt myself go through this portal and assumed I'd died - I felt excited to be embarking on another stage of existence, like an afterlife of sorts. My partner went in a completely opposite direction to me and that's the last I saw of her. The dream then ended with me in some kind of city, travelling across water to a boat. I remember neon lit streets and heavy rain (straight out of Bladerunner). The whole dream was so vivid, the earlier part more so than the latter. I woke up and half expected to see the dark rift in the sky.

A few days later, a friend (who knew nothing of my dream) linked me a story regarding CERN's exploits - "running around science like kids with guns". This certainly made sure the dream stuck in my head.

Reading three different posts about three different people's almost identical dreams within a matter of days of my own has REALLY made sure the dream will stay with me.

On a more relevant note, the power went off in my district (about a square mile) for 2 and a half hours last night - I almost bugged out

Lot's of strangeness happening at the moment. As the old curse goes "May you live in interesting times".

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
O.K., I think that this is a real wake-up call. We are defintely living in weird times and if I didn't know that God is in control, this stuff would completely freak me out. My advice is - if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I would seriously think about it. Your first response might be to laugh this off, but eternity is a long time. If you think that God doesn't know what's going on, read the book of Revelations; that should make you a believer.... It reads like todays headline news.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
Hi. Folks I work as a security guard at an apartment complex overnight. Last night 8/10-8/11 I was walking with my partner, right? And I asked him while we did our rounds throughout the complex, is it just me or does it feel like time has been moving slow since we started our rounds. He said "You know that is the strangest thing. Before I arrived here at work I was traveling down the highway and when I reached my exit, I noticed a discrepancy in the time. I noticed that it seemed as if I took longer than then the norm to reach my exit. I also noticed I had used up more gas than normal. Something is out of place here.

Saturday I got up a 7:50 and took a shower. I then cleaned the bathroom, as I do every Saturday morning. When I came out of the bathroom it was 10:00. I remember wondering what happened, how did I lose so much time? Did I missread the clock when I woke up? Did I get sucked into another dimension? Abducted? I'll have to check and see when they did a test on the LHC. Odd, I didn't remember this until I read your post.

(Anybody hear twillight zone music?)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
this thread looks like it has gotten pretty off topic from its original inception. Has anyone bothered to find out if this individual is actually from the area that he claims? simple trace can tell or any pictures taken by examining the exif (sic) data int he header of the jpg. In any event these events are far form fantastic and unfortunately have a much simpler explanation. The light in canada is indicative of the blast that occurred there. I am always suspicious when people say things like everyones phone died. If a communications incident like that occured it would be a simple matter of checking the BW usage at the local cell towers to see if there is any indication of lost connectivity or signifigant change in down time.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
In Russia I have no information re sky blackouts but smth. interesting happened on 10th of August, 2008 in Leningradskaya oblast' (see satellite image )

The scientists have no clear explanation to this event.

taken from www.47news.ru...

[edit on 13-8-2008 by NoInfoAvailable]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NoInfoAvailable

This is the most interesting thread i have stumbled upon in a very long time. I have nothing weird to report(sadly i was working on those days, you dont see outside much working in a kitchen), but one thing i can recall which was different was that it was extremely cold on saturday, sunday, and monday. temperatures as low as 10C - 15C, which is half of what we would normally expect this time of the year. Very strange.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NoInfoAvailable

hi there NoInfoAvailable.

it is known as a Hole-Punch cloud. it is usually caused by a plane going through the cloud deck, or to put it simply through a layer of cirrus cloud.
i have seen it a few times here in the UK.

there are a few examples on the web.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i have an alternate point of view on this to share - not my own but paraphrasing the opinion of a freind of mine who is a trainee nurse

i was just chatting on MSN and told her about there threads on ATS

the convo went something like

me - discribes the threads and giave my opinion that they were hoaxers and idiots
her - there are medical conditions that can cause such episodes
me - like terminal stupidity ?
her - no you idiot - like brain tumors , optic nerve damage etc
me - are you serious
her - yes

so i would offer a peice of genuine advice to all claimants of ` omg it suddenly went dark ` episodes

it it only affected you - and no one else - please contact your doctor you may have an undiagnosed condition which if untreated could lead to permanant blindness or worse

thats all for now

Sounds like a typical debunker response. Try and find any excuse that sounds plausible and make it fit and call it "the reason"

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
[edit on 13-8-2008 by violet]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
to all those having dreams I would say you are being contacted, first contact usually happens to individuals before mass contact happens, and it tends to happen in stages. though its been going on for quite some time, and often in a dreamstate as it's much easier for them to relay information in that state (a lot of the 3d belief systems are temporarily susspended and out of the way etc).

I believe they monitor the planetary mass consiousness until it reaches a certain target figure or appropiate level of awareness before they increase their presence and visibilty and then do this in stages too until full mass contact can be achieved saftely..and any potential threat from the world goverments allieviated as much as possible, though advanced civilisations are easily able to disable any potential threats from earth anyway, they would prefer a scenario with as little drama as possible or without adding any unessacary fear to an already mind blowing ituation.

According to the Mayan Calender, 2008 is when the earth meets its galactic brothers and sisters, but it never said how.

At least that's what it said on my cornflake packet this morning.. I duno where I got em from though..

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I actually live in Eastbourne and know the Shinewater area very well due to family living in that area. I can imagine the local press dismissing this possible story. They're largely useless unless it involves a church fair. Recently they wrote a half-page article about my place of work laying off 4 warehouse workers. That should give you an idea of the "journalists" we're dealing with!

That said, I didn't notice anything unusual and I'm probably about a mile from the Shinewater area, maybe a mile and a half at a push, so fall into the OP's estimated radius of the "event". I'm also a keen photographer and have an eye for light conditions so I would notice a large area of the town going dark suddenly.

It does seem strange how since he/she mentioned obtaining CCTV footage, he/she hasn't really been around. Shinewater is quite a "rough" area, in regards of criminal/anti-social activity and all the shops and large properties around the area will have a number of CCTV cameras installed and likely covering all kinds of angles. Unfortunately, I doubt many people will hand over their surveillance tapes to some random wanting to review them for this intended reason! The only thing that puzzles me is, despite accomodating some 85,000-95,000 inhabitants, word spreads quickly in this town. Everyone seems to know everyone's business, despite the relative size of the place. Nothing out of the ordinary really happens to this town so something like this would more than likely have gotten some kind of coverage from one of the two or three youth/alternative-aimed publications in the area, but there has been absolutely nothing. Again, with the everyone-knows-everyone's-business, and me working in one of the biggest employers in the area (some 250 staff from all over town and the surrounding area), I'm sure I or someone I know would have heard something about an event as odd as this. Again, nothing.

So I feel it may be a case of "move along, nothing to see here!".

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm late to this thread but have glanced at the replies. Has anyone checked with any observatories? I'm thinking that it might have been the shadow of an Earthgrazing asteroid that juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust missed us. Their out there you know.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
That's weird. There's also a thread about a guy who says it was pitch dark out at 4am and then it was like complete day light. Something is up. What it is I don't know. But now put this thread and the other one together and lets try to figure out what it is...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is really an interesting connection as these events seen to be within the same time period: 9:30am UK, about 4am Toronto.

Although there are two August 2008 eclipses, the first, a solar eclipse occurred August 1, the other (lunar) not due until August 16, may the 15th in the UK. To have been a "sudden" eclipse, it would have to have been Very big.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Regarding Toronto being further north that Eastbourne, you have that all wrong. Eastbourne is further north than Toronto by 7degrees or more, check a map for God's sake.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmaticspirit

No. I'm not in ANY kind of intimate relationship with anybody. However I did just recently get a new job.

BTW: It just came to me that what if the LHC was something like out of the video game Half Life. Imagine when they bring it to fully operational, it opens up portals to parallel dimensions and aliens start popping out everywhere.

[edit on 8/14/08 by Marked One]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

no - it is the rationalits response - examining th easbourne event in ISSOLATION we have only a single witness claiming that this` darkness was unatural ` - countered by a second resident of the area who did not experience any incidents of darkness - and reports zero press coverage - something i asked about too . and further none of the second witnesses associates friends or colegues report any such unussuall activity

now it is a fact that acute blindness episodes and other visual impairments ARE a known syptom of several medical conditions

o ask yoiur self , given that only a single witness reports this in eastbourne - is it REALLY unreasonable to point out theat they MAY have reported that the sky went dark - not because the sky went drark - but because of a medical condition unique to them

PS - aniother thought has occured to me hat might validate or falsify these repports

a question to all people reporting these ` dark eppisodes ` - did you notice a temerature drop ?

i have been to one eclipse [ august 99 ] and the sudden temperature drop was startling - as i had previously only read about it - but to experience it is a wonderfull sensation

so as well as ` seeing ` it go dark - did you feel the absence of the sun either as a temperature drop - or simply no longer having the sensation of direct sunlight on exposed skin

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I don't know how you have the nerve to call yourself a scholar, your grammar and spelling are awful.

And if you have such problems with people speculating an event that's strange to them, and since this place IS the place to venture ones theories, why are you even here?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join