It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a photo of Martian Life, does anyone know where this came from?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Very interesting picture.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks for clearing that up so fast and easy!
That is what ATS is all about to me. Constructive discussion and excellent contributions like yours. and there we have it - the truth.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

GEL,

I'll second Ziggy's comments.

U2Us are down....sorry I've lost touch. In DEN yet???

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I certainly must say that you and ITF stand the higher ground on potential facts as they are, and as they are understood. They are most likely just rocks!

But isn't that what this site is for, to rationalize, discuss and apply the unbiased evidence that proves or disproves something. To either validate or debunk? If not, then this site is completely worthless except as a resource to be seen and gain attention for opinions.

Again, I am not disagreeing with you as to what these formations truly are or are not, nor do I dispute what they may look like to anyone for that matter. Some people see an ape, some a cow, some a polar bear and everyone is entitled to their opinion and as far opinions go, how can anyone be wrong about what they think it looks like? At this point I don’t take it too seriously and I am still waiting for the Manbearpig!

My initial desire was to have someone aid in locating the source of the photo to help validate if it were genuine, NASA approved photography or not, since the 3D thing bugged me. That has happened and I am grateful.

Someone else has pointed out that two of the photos give the appearance that the “head” shows movement when compared. I have looked at four separate photos from the supplied NASA links and also see the illusion of movement when I compare them. There are two each of two different angles, taken a few seconds apart. And when any combinations of those four pictures are compared, the illusion is notable. That being said my software isn’t very sophisticated so a scientific study from my end isn’t a reality.

Someone else has created an overlay of two photos that were different in size but of the same original shot and thus show no movement.

All of these people contribute to the cause, and we must all maintain the skeptics view unless and until these images can be proven to be anything other than just rocks.

As far as what any one of us knows or doesn’t know, is subjective. I probably know more than most people on this site about phased radio antenna alignment but I’m SOL when it comes to Martian biology. And unless I am supposed set up a directional AM radio station on Mars, my credentials don’t mean much.

In the mean time, I appreciate all those who have contributed, and any input is appreciated, but I’m an old guy and need to head off to bed. I’ll check back tomorrow night.
Eagan Thorn

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

Very well put, eagan.

If I've offended, then apologies are in order.

Otherwise, good night.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No apology needed my friend.
good night

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
lol... this one does look remarkably life like, the shoulder and head appearance are amazing.

with that said I highly doubt it is a Martian ape...

But... I wouldn't be so ultra fast to rule out a larger life form entirely

A: a Big hairy coat could readilly evolve that made the radiation a non entity

B: More than one organism on Earth has built in anti freeze in the isolated environments that need it... including fish and larger organisms... no reason to assume that, all surviving life on a planet where that's the whole environment wouldn't evolve from the same

C: Paercholates as we just discovered...happen to be food for microbial life right here on Earth...

Lets say that mars went through whatever happened to in 10's of Millins of years ago (not sure of the exact estimate)

In that time frame there would certainly be room for rapid evolution and... some survivor species not just microbial that just...had what it took would be likely...beyind microbial life...

60-100 million years or more of evolution might be a whole lot of evolution

D: The planets core is inactive... which means it's crust is alot thicker... areas that were molten dried and hardened... it is almost a certainty that there are large chambers and massive cavernous structures under the surface of Mars...

Just Like Olympus Mons and Valles Marinis Dwarf the size of similar canyons and volcanos on earth...cave structures almost certainl;y do the same...given lower Gravity and a week - inactive core...

We Know there is a large amount of water right under the surface and... one could conclude with a high degree of probability..if not certainty...that within martian caves underground... temperatures rise, water melts and flows in some of them and the air pressure is a a bit if not substantialy higher...

It is very likely Cave life flourishes on mars imho if there is any life at all on the surface...

So could there be some large Cave dwelling species still alive on Mars that once in awhile stroll up to the surface?

Sure there could...it is... Possible. perhaps more likely than we would think

Look at whales...

Largest creatures on Earth... Spend 80% of their time in an environment... they can't even breathe in

It's not that extreme a set of genetic adaptations... to live in warm radiation free caves feeding on plant life that doesn't require solar radiation... mushrooms or other odd foods... drinking meltwater from the surface ... maybe even scooping simple fish from large underground lakes...

sometimes strolling to the surface protected by blood that contains a simple antifreeze in it and thick fur... holding your breath for hrs like a whale... during the times of years it's not too brutal...

searching for ...some snacks...worms that thrive on the surface or some other life forms that lay in the muck... simple but like a truffle...delectible...

This is of course theory... but really all the genetic variables needed exist here on Earth... Life thrives in caves and Mars surely has much bigger caves... Polar Bears have fur adapted for the environment as many other mammals do, Fish carry antifreeze in their blood... Whales go hours and hours without air... and are Gigantic

and complex life... exists at the bottom of the ocean under the South Pole... feeds on Percholates and lives at 500+ degrees in thermal vents and deep in caves and in the Atacama Desert...

Is that a Gorilla... LOL probably not... chasing shapes is ridiculous...

But, could there be large vertabrates that live in caes under the surface that sometimes stroll about?

Absolutely

The first thing Nasa needs to do here is...

Send up... a Live web Cam for us all

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, here are 2 gifs.
Made 2 different ones.

One that Pivot along the pointy stone in the forground and another one where I aligned the rock/alien gorillabear with a hedgehog head by their "paws".

Well, this is obviously a rock, but it's a damn wird rocky shape.
Another thing I don't really get is the shadows. I can't get them to fit in at all. It's almost like someone have tempered with the original pics.
The "cub" for instance. According to rest of the surface, the sun should shine above and front the camera from the left. But the shadow on the "Cub" says otherwise. You have the black "blob" ( looks weird ) all over his body but the "head" is in full sunshine, even the parts that should be in shadows.

I...I just find this rocks very weird.

But as I said, most likely rocks... but I am not totally convinced yet either.

[Edit] Also wanted to add, that when I look at the picture at their "original" sizes these rocks don't fit into the rest of the landscape at all.

But hey....it's Mars. Got to be open minded right?
Who are we to say what is wrong or right in an enviroment we never have set foot on. =)

[ Edit 2 ]

Well I took the part of the rocks and enhanced the light and shadows, with a Highlight and shadows filter.

I concider myself as a fairly average user of different kind of image retouching software and I have retouched and enhanced alot of images on my spare time. And I have to say, I have never ever seen shaodws turn out this way when I have over exposed the shadows as I have here.

Looks like a bunch of airbrush strokes....bad ones.

This was one odd image. Thanks OP.

Was fun working with it.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Akezzon]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

excellent job on those ...
gave you a star

the more i look at it the more it don't look like a rock thats for sure.

this is totally weird and deserves more scrutiny imo

still looks like a small polar bear and cub to me...

[edit on 10-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Seriously?? Look at the relative sizes.

Think about the size of this 'rock' that you think is some animal, then look at the other rocks.

Put your thinking cap on.....

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Great job, It definately looks like an animal and if it's a rock it looks like the animal was carved into the rock. Maybe it was connectyed to a past structure of a civilization that lived on Mars.

You definately need more pics of the area

It looks like a monkey face and you can even see where the hair on the face is represented.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

hey WW...now that you mention it ... i went and looked at the picture internos posted on page 1

it does seem to be a smaller item...so if if aint a polar bear than i say it's one of these...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Akezzon

Seriously?? Look at the relative sizes.

Think about the size of this 'rock' that you think is some animal, then look at the other rocks.

Put your thinking cap on.....

They are heavily zoomed.

Dunno if you have checked the pics posted by Internos on page one.
I am not trying to hijack OP's thread either. I just am up very late, can't sleep and thought well, I might aswell check this pics up cause there is something with this that isn't right.

I am not saying those figures are aliens, BUT, I do say that there is something with them that makes them NOT fit the picture.

And stop saying, it can't be, they are to small, they are to big, blah blah.
I hear you, and I understand. And you might be right...
BUT...I like to think out of the box as much as possible.
I like to NOT try to identify aliens with ourselves.
Maybe we shouldn't take for granted that they need water just because we do. Maybe we shouldn't use our type of measurements we have here on this world as a referens to a "normal" size for the entire universe.

Maybe Aliens ARE tiny at some places....maybe they are....uhmm... Huge...ish

We need to stop seeing ourselves as a template or even a blueprint for every living creature that MIGHT exist in the universe.

Buy hey mate. I hear ya. And I have my thinking cap on....always. =)

Anyway, I did a little sketch on a piece of paper of how I think the head look like...ALMOST. I am not an artist so it didn't really come out as I wanted. But almost. hehe...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That is no simple "rock" and anyone believing so is not denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i see eyes nose and a mouth on a weird 'rock-like' body. Could be a rock...there just isn't enough evidence to make any conclusion. But, why does it have to look like an earth creature to be living?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Religion

Of course, 'Religion'!!!

It's a four inch tall 'ape'.

Sheesh, now I know it all, you've broken the barrier to all knowledge.

Of course, it is an 'ape' that somehow breathes CO2....at temps that would make an Eskimo shiver outside his Igloo.

So....we have an entity that can exist, in a partial atmosphere, whichis mostly CO2, and very, very cold....yet, it's a multi-cellular organism, that happens to resemple an earth creature?? Yeah....right.....

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You are a weak-minded person only capable of thinking in human terms. Therefore I will not waste my time to point out that Mars is another planet, and as another poster said before I, not all creatures have to be our size, not all creatures have to be humanoids or look like the animals found on earth, not all creatures need water and oxygen to survive.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Uh. Maybe Martian apes do not have the same number of limbs as Earthly apes.

Well of course they don't.....I thought everyone knew Barsoomian apes had an intermediary set of limbs between their legs and arms that could be used as either grasping limbs or additional legs....much like the proud warrior race of Mars...the Green Men.

I know it to be so....Edgar Rice Burroughs described it.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Of course, it is an 'ape' that somehow breathes CO2

Do you know what happens to a plant if it is deprived of CO2? It dies.
Put a human on Mars and it will die, the human would also die if it is put with the fish on Earth.

So....we have an entity that can exist, in a partial atmosphere, whichis mostly CO2, and very, very cold....yet, it's a multi-cellular organism, that happens to resemple an earth creature?? Yeah....right.....

Ah there's nothing like limiting yourself to the perameters of human existence to be the deciding factor of what life is possible for the entire universe.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's probably one of NASA's test monkeys; fired off to Mars as a test subject before they sent all those astronauts and space soldiers. Now it's gone feral....subsisting on dirt and blueberries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join