It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Please kill me,' pleads man accused in beheading murder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If this man were ANY of my immediate family, I would 100% support a mercy killing, consisting of a single bullet to the back of his head. I dotn recall anyone here, except wood chipper guy, that reccommended torturing this maniac.

As a matter of fact, I would take the duty upon myself if granted by the law to carry out the mrcy shot myself, even if he were my own brother. WHY? Because my brother died when he went nuts and killed an innocent person.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Disorders resulting from metabolic or neurologic dysfunction can cause violent behavior. Common causes include epilepsy, brain tumor, encephalitis, head injury, endocrine disorders, metabolic disorders (such as uremia and calcium imbalance), and severe physical trauma.

So these folks that say throw the guy out of a plane, or torture him, ask yourself this.

If a family member, kid, mother, brother, etc... that you loved had a brain tumor or head injury that caused a psychotic break which lead to them killing someone, would you want them thrown out of a plane or tortured to death? Would you think that was fair when it was beyond their control?

Yup...... pretty much summed it up. Ya kill for anything outside of self defense, you should be met with the same fate you dealt out. Quit being push over ignorant fools and buying into the lies.
The guy had no regard for human life.

Fine, he is a defect........ the defect killed an innocent person. He needs to be taken out!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I take it, DYepes, that you are volunteering for the role of 'decider'?

See, that's the problem with any kind of state sanctioned murder. Ultimately, someone needs to decide who deserves to live and who deserves to die. And frankly, if the human race is that corrupted that we are killing each other (which we obviously are) then I don't trust any of the human race enough to put the determination of the value of a life in their hands.

Maybe this guy does deserve to die. Maybe he doesn't. That's not our call. Maybe this guy thought the other guy on the bus deserved to die. Maybe he thought it was mercy. Maybe he made a post on a forum days before doing it saying how important mercy killings were.

Point is, we're all messed up. If it is right for any of us to determine whether someone has a right to live, then it's a right for any of us to determine whether someone has a right to live.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
WTF is it with the Western brand of so called Cristianity that makes it want to kill and destroy everything it thinks is not right. MOST of the civilized world does not support the death penalty.

I am not a religious person, nor am I a fascist. Fine, you think this guy deserves to live after that crap, then I say let him be chained to you and YOU deal with his sick arse.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Yes...I would stand by my belief...I am against the death penalty.

If he is sick...treat him.

Killing another human in order to satisfy your inner revenge or because it costs to much money to treat somebody who is sick is not right.

I have been around a lot of stuff like this.....you go through shock, denial, bargaining....but after the you see the person killed in leu of the person they killed it still will not make ANYTHING right.

You still are without the person you love....you still are alone....the fact that the person who killed the person you love is dead only gives you a short sense of satifaction.

You still walk away scarred.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
look im mentaly ill, i have a moderate case of paranoid skitzoaffective and a disasccociative disorder, as well as having bi polar tendencies. i take medication every day and just a few months ago spent a week in a psych ward getting my meds changed and balanced.

if he is skitzo chances are he dosent understand whats happening to him, i know i dident it took well over a decade before i understood it. this class of disorders can not be cured they can be treated with medication, therapy, and having someone to watch that you take the meds carefuly and correctly ( my wife does this for me).

if his psychosis have made him violent he needs to be put in a hospital where he can recieve proper medication, and monitoring. the thing about this class of illnesses is that they arent realy understood very well and as you age they will get more severe and become harder to treat. so if this is why he did the crime he needs to be helped, medicated and carefuly watched. after being medicated if he still feels he cant live with what he did then a assisted suicide should be allowed .

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
For those who have not read the whole article and are not yet enraged enough.

Police rushed to the scene and surrounded the bus. Officers watched in horror as Li began carrying around McLean's severed head and appeared to be taunting them with it, court was told.

Police searched him and found several severed body parts, including an ear, nose and partial mouth, inside a plastic bag in his pocket, court was told.

Was this to be a doggy bag?!!?

Really, this man should not live and waste the publics time or money with a trial or rehabilitation. He will never be mentally stable or a productive citizen. However, for those who would like to see this man subjected to untold tortures, who will be able perform them besides others that are already mentally deranged enough and should be ‘put down’ themselves?

I agree with Sonya. Simply do not put him on suicide watch and do not remove his shoelaces etc and have deal with his own demons.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just shoot the Monster (I won't call him an animal cause animals aren't that bad) I use the "wood chipper part for the sake of the poor guys family that has to live with this sick bastards crime.

I know that a wood chipper will nevwer be used in Canada ( unless you threaten to take away their beer) but I really think he should be put to death really..really fast with a pitch fork through the forhead.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I dotn recall anyone here, except wood chipper guy, that reccommended torturing this maniac.

TwainZero said “Throw him out of an ariplane at 50,000 feet...”

Cams suggested “I say let him suffer.....repeatedly.”

Neither of those sound like mercy killings to me. Hey I don’t have a problem with the death penalty or suicide, I just think this whole situation is sad and it is unseemly to revel in a painful death for an obviously sick and tortured man. I honestly think death would be much easier for him than years in a psych hospital.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yes...I would stand by my belief...I am against the death penalty.

If he is sick...treat him.

Killing another human in order to satisfy your inner revenge or because it costs to much money to treat somebody who is sick is not right.

I have been around a lot of stuff like this.....you go through shock, denial, bargaining....but after the you see the person killed in leu of the person they killed it still will not make ANYTHING right.

You still are without the person you love....you still are alone....the fact that the person who killed the person you love is dead only gives you a short sense of satifaction.

You still walk away scarred.

So what, keep him locked in a mental hospital for the rest of his life? If he did it once, he can do it again. I know I am coming across as rude and I guess that was my intention. I will try not to be so on this thread from here on out, but my GAWD!!! The guy hacked into another person. He ate his flesh..... and he did it for no reason.

I mean, if he had shot for drugs, I would see maybe a chance at rehabilitation.......... but he did it JUST BECAUSE!!!!

What the hell is wrong here that I am missing??? Who the *snip* cares if he did it bc he was sick. When he is chewing away on your flesh will YOU still feel the same??? Can I say "awwwww......... look at that sick dude eating the flesh of *so and so* Let's med him up and take care of his arse."

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Maybe this guy does deserve to die. Maybe he doesn't. That's not our call. Maybe this guy thought the other guy on the bus deserved to die. Maybe he thought it was mercy. Maybe he made a post on a forum days before doing it saying how important mercy killings were.

See this kind of thinking is just ludacrous. Really.

The victim was a COMPLETE stranger. an innocent bystander. He was not crippled, not in a persistent vegetative state, was not going around smacking girls buttocks or pulling down their blouses. He was minding his own business, sitting in his seat, listening to music.

If I were to sit next to you one day, and then just stab you as you were reading your newspaper, I am at least 99.9% sure you are going to take it personally whether I am bi-polar, schizofrenic, or whatever else.

Now if I took your life, obviously you wont be able to speak for yourself will you? Its one thing to decide on the Capital punishment or not, but now the man is begging to be killed himself. If he is clearly in pain alive, and yes that means mental and emotional pain, not just physical, than we should take it upon ourselves as a civlized society to give him the mercy he is requesting and put him down.

Itd be one thing if it was a grandmother with diabeties begging to die, sure I suppose you could give her counseling and find out why and try to help her. But this guy is a murderer, and not a pretty killer either. God gave us our free will so that we may perhaps be able to govern our civilizations appropriately, and smite evil wherever it may manifest itself.

Maybe an evil demon possessed the guy and now his true self is begging to die. I dont see it that way. My judgement comes soley based on the laws of our societies, which are based on the laws of God at least in part.

whatever God may be, This has nothing to do with faith. Its simply law. when there is a negative entity spreading pain and suffering in our midst, we have to take it upon ourselves to remove it with quickness and efficiency. If that is unfortunately a person, then we terminate him/her in the the most merciful of ways. At present in this day in age, that would be a single bullet to the back of the head.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I dotn recall anyone here, except wood chipper guy, that reccommended torturing this maniac.

TwainZero said “Throw him out of an ariplane at 50,000 feet...”

Cams suggested “I say let him suffer.....repeatedly.”

Neither of those sound like mercy killings to me. Hey I don’t have a problem with the death penalty or suicide, I just think this whole situation is sad and it is unseemly to revel in a painful death for an obviously sick and tortured man. I honestly think death would be much easier for him than years in a psych hospital.

Mercy killings???? hell no!! justice killings..........

Let's put you on a bus w/ the dude w/ a knife in his hands and see if you care so much about him being obviously sick and tortured.

I think it is sad for the kid who had part of his body cut up and chewed up like he was nothing more than bubble gum.. but what a disgrace to say this man should be pitied!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
I mean, if he had shot for drugs, I would see maybe a chance at rehabilitation.......... but he did it JUST BECAUSE!!!!

So if he had intentionally taken drugs that lead to a psychotic break that would be better, but since it was a long term uncontrolled severe mental illness that caused a psychotic break that makes him responsible.

Hmmmmm. Interesting view. That is sort of like saying if you got drunk and ran someone over that is not nearly so bad as having an unexpected epileptic seizure and running someone over.

Edit I misunderstood, you meant "shot for drugs" as in killed someone to acquire drugs. Oh, yes, that would be so much more excusable, killing for gain rather than killing because you are out of your mind.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I agree!!

It should not cost to much to run over this "sick" guys head with a steam roller then!

Kill the sick monster now!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The examples you cited have no merit to this topic because you are citing accidental inujuries/killings. Unless of course the DUI was playing GTA for some points.

Again, this man was doing nothing, and decided that the innocent man doing nothing next to him was to be his play-dough of the day.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The examples you cited have no merit to this topic because you are citing accidental inujuries/killings. Unless of course the DUI was playing GTA for some points.

I do not know what GTA means. When the poster said "shot for drugs" i thought she meant if he had TAKEN drugs and that caused the episode. I realize now she meant if he shot someone for drugs.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You've completely missed the point DYepes.

Ok, so you support killing people based on the laws of our society.

But what happens when those laws change? As our laws constantly do. So what if we kill someone based on one law, then that law gets changed? We just rock on back to the family of the victim and say 'Sorry'.

Our laws change because the system is not complete, nor is it perfect. And the people within the system are not perfect either.

The thing is, if the state sanctions killing people, then we're bound to kill at least a few people who didn't actually deserve it. To err is human and all of that.

So it's quite alright that you support state-sanctioned killings, as long as you're okay with the odd innocent person getting killed as a result. Humans aren't perfect. The systems we create aren't perfect. As long as we're killing people based on these systems, we're pretty much guaranteed to kill a few innocent people.

And that makes us as bad as this guy on the bus. I'm pretty sure you won't see it this way, and I understand that, but taking an innocent life is taking an innocent life. I don't care if it's a shotgun shell to the brain-stem, or a torturous death. If you're taking a life that shouldn't be taken, you're taking a life that shouldn't be taken.

And if you're taking a life based on a corrupt, broken, incomplete system, then you're guaranteed that will happen at least some of the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why is it that religeous persons are for the death penalty?!

I don't know? Where would they get an idea like that??

Deu 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
Deu 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, [even] that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
KJV

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

So if he had intentionally taken drugs that lead to a psychotic break that would be better, but since it was a long term uncontrolled severe mental illness that caused a psychotic break that makes him responsible.

Hmmmmm. Interesting view. That is sort of like saying if you got drunk and ran someone over that is not nearly so bad as having an unexpected epileptic seizure and running someone over.

Edit I misunderstood, you meant "shot for drugs" as in killed someone to acquire drugs. Oh, yes, that would be so much more excusable, killing for gain rather than killing because you are out of your mind.

nope, you misconstrued my words. If he had SHOT someone FOR drugs, then maybe I see a chance at rehabilitation......... That is a STROOONG maybe!!

This dude did not shoot anyone..... he HACKED UP someone and then ATE PIECES OF THEM!

This dude didn't do it for any motivation other than just to do it!

Hack him up and feed his remains to the dogs!!

edited to say: I just saw your post saying that you misunderstood my meaning. It's all good, I just think that we will have to agree to disagree here. I am livid that such an atrocious act could be gotten away with regardless of the reasons.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Actual Greyhound advertisement.

a123.g.akamai.net...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join