It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Please kill me,' pleads man accused in beheading murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

'Please kill me,' pleads man accused in beheading murder

www.nationalpost.com

He swayed back and forth, staring blankly at the floor and responding to a series of questions with audible grunts and sudden jerks of his head -- up-and-down for yes, side-to-side for no.

The heavily shackled man showed no visible reaction as the Crown read aloud some of the facts of his alleged crimes, even while some spectators in the packed courtroom erupted in gasps.

And then, quickly and quietly, he spoke for the first time.

"Please kill me," Vincent Li, 40, said.

Provincial court Judge Michel Chartier had heard, and seen, enough.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I know the Canadian Bus murder story has been done to death, but here is what I think is an interesting post script.

Tha accused has asked to be killed himself. I know if I did something as horrific as this I would not want to live. Or is this setting up for an insanity plea?

There have been suggestions that he was drugged up but

"He appeared to be focused on his victim. He did not appear to be drunk or high," said Dalmyn.

"This was a completely random attack. There's been no link established [between Li and McLean]."

There had been speculation from some members of McLean's family that people on the bus may have been doing ecstasy prior to the attack. No mention was made of drug use in court Tuesday.

www.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well thats clear and cut enough for me. Take him out back and use a single bullet. Will cost us less than fifty cents compared to the tens of thoousands of dollars for keeping him in a prison until he has had enough time to rot and then pay a few extra dollars of electricity or chemical solution.

I dont believe Canada has a death sentence though does it? LOL. This guy is practically making a mockery of the judicial system. Demanding to die for a gruesome crime when the law forbids it. Thats a waste of money if I ever heard of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This could possibly explain his mental state.

Court was told Tuesday that Li's common-law wife, Anna, said the man previously spent four days in a psychiatric ward. RCMP are trying to confirm that and obtain a search warrant to seize patient records.

He had been exhibiting "bizarre and unusual behaviour" in recent weeks and months which included taking sudden bus trips to various cities in Canada for no apparent reason, said Dalmyn.

a Winnipeg family and several members of the church Li attended tried to convince him to go see a doctor as recently as two years ago.
They had concerns he was schizophrenic, possibly paranoid schizophrenic. Li refused, then eventually left his wife behind in Winnipeg while moving to Edmonton where he worked in the automotive department at Wal-Mart and delivered newspapers and flyers

All the bus trips makes me think he had planned to do something and was possibly getting up the nerve to do it or looking for the right opportunity?

It is not nice to live with something like schizophrenia (if that’s what he has), but having committed the crime he has, I doubt there is any amount of therapy that would set him right again. Maybe it’s for the best to do him a favour and give him what he wants.

[edit on 5/8/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
This guy is practically making a mockery of the judicial system. Demanding to die for a gruesome crime when the law forbids it. Thats a waste of money if I ever heard of it.

When did he do that? By swaying and grunting and saying "please kill me"? Where is the demand? He sounds sick. He sounds like he has been sick for some time. Maybe dipping him in acid would make you feel better and quell your rage (and your perception of mockery), but he will still die a sick man. I for one think all the mentally insane should be boiled in acid for mocking the system. How's that? Do we make ourselves feel better by killing others? I was just wondering, just a thought....

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This whole thing is just so sad. The guy was sick, he was suffering, paranoid and he lost it. Now he can't live with what he has done.

I can't help but feel sorry for him. He is crazy he is not sadistic. People like to say "yeah just shoot him" or "get rid of the monster" and that really shows a lack of empathy. In a kinder society he would be offered a discreet suicide option. He doesn't want to live, he shoudn't have to live, but people should not be so vicious as to revel in his suffering.

It was a tragedy for everyone concerned.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Throw him out of an ariplane at 50,000 feet...

Be gone with this sicko...

Insanity would be to spend tax-payers money to try to 're-hablilitate' him...

Sickness..

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

An option for suicide would be ideal, but to become as gruesome as the murderers themselves...that is another issue.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't know what would be the lesser of two evils?

Would locking him away forever be justice or would killing him be the just cause?

I am against the death penalty, but locking him away would be like 60 years of torture to an already tortured man who has to face the memories and demons of whatever it is that drove him to do that barbaric act...which in some people's eyes could be just cause, but in others could be deemed a waste of everybodys resources...

Or a bullet to the head? Eliminating a monster and setting an example to any other copycats.

I in this case I really don't know....

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am not sure whats going on in your head pluckynoonez, but perhaps you miss the part where I said

Well thats clear and cut enough for me. Take him out back and use a single bullet.

I am a supporter of mercy killings, and that includes those in a persistant vegetative state with no hope of recovery. Especially so for a derranged killer. You call it sick, I call it derranged. Same thing. I do not advocate torture, as it will corrupt your own soul in the end.

I have even stated so in many other crime threads where people are calling for, and this stuff is really posted on here believe it or not : peel off the skin and tie accused into an ant pile, acid baths, live dismemberant, emptying a clip every minute into non-vital body parts, burnings and whatnot. And as horrendous as the crime is, I will try to bring reason to these posters, and help them see that these tortures will not bring closure to the crime, it will serve only to corrupt your own soul.

whether it be a mercy killing or the death sentence, there is no necessity to torture or use any expensive methods. China has it right. A single bullet to the back of the head. Maybe you can even knock him cold first so they cannot sense it coming. whatever, but there is no need to prolongue someones agony in their final moments of life to derive ones self with pleasure. That is about as sick as this wretched man begging to die, if not mroe so.

Bullets are cheap and quick and virtually painless when done right. 1 9mm round point blank to the back of the head. Just get it done quickly and move on. It is not even so much of setting an example, it is just proceeding in the quickest most efficient manner. You can shoot a hundred people in the head for murder in a row, tomorrow someone else is still going to be murdered, and hopefully the perp is caught and punished. We just need to adopt the most efficient method available that utilizes the least resources.

Have you never mercy killed a wounded animal before? Same rules apply to humans.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Insanity would be to spend tax-payers money to try to 're-hablilitate' him...

Someone like this would not be "rehabilitated" they would be put on drugs for schizophrenia and psychosis. That often has immediate results. Now they are often a continual risk even if the drugs make them fairly normal because many of them will not take their meds given the choice.

It is sometimes an issue in murder trials, people go psychotic but then while awaiting trial they are pumped full of anti-psychotics and appear far more normal in court.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Obviously this guy is seriously messed up in the head but so are pedophiles.
In my book insanity is no excuse - ever.
No sympathy here.
I say let him suffer.....repeatedly.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I agree with you, partially. He is not a monster. He is a human being who is sick. Anyone of us can be pushed to the point of insanity and do horrible and gruesome things. It just depends on stimulus. So, if, one day, you become sick and act out horrible acts and then writhe in pain, are you a monster too?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
hes a piece of crap that should be put in a wood chipper. IMHO

I can't believe you folks that defend this puke. Kill him now. IMHO

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by DYepes
This guy is practically making a mockery of the judicial system. Demanding to die for a gruesome crime when the law forbids it. Thats a waste of money if I ever heard of it.

When did he do that? By swaying and grunting and saying "please kill me"? Where is the demand? He sounds sick. He sounds like he has been sick for some time. Maybe dipping him in acid would make you feel better and quell your rage (and your perception of mockery), but he will still die a sick man. I for one think all the mentally insane should be boiled in acid for mocking the system. How's that? Do we make ourselves feel better by killing others? I was just wondering, just a thought....

I think that sounds like a wonderful plan!! Right on
Sick or not, the dude deserves not only what he is asking for, but nothing less to be done to him than what he did to the kid, IMO!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
See now, we should not be defending this person. "Its ok you cut off an innocent persons head, you are misunderstood, we will try to help you... We will make sure those monsters dont hurt you!!"

Please, tell that to the family of the innocent by stander that was minding his own business!!!!! Or the terrified passengers who may now develop their own emotional problems from witnessing such horrors.

again I must re-iterate, there is nothing to be gained by killing him in such a gruesome and probably very painfukl manner as a wood chipper. Thats about as sick as his own line of thinking.

Just a single bullet, thats all we need. One bullet turn of the brain permanently, and its all done. quick and easy.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by mr-lizard

I agree with you, partially. He is not a monster. He is a human being who is sick. Anyone of us can be pushed to the point of insanity and do horrible and gruesome things. It just depends on stimulus. So, if, one day, you become sick and act out horrible acts and then writhe in pain, are you a monster too?

So, if this was your mom, your brother, your sister, your child, your aunt, uncle, dad, cousin, best friend, or anyone else you were close to that was killed in such a HORRIFIC way you are honestly saying you would feel the same?

Are you kidding me?? Quit smoking the crack ppl

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Disorders resulting from metabolic or neurologic dysfunction can cause violent behavior. Common causes include epilepsy, brain tumor, encephalitis, head injury, endocrine disorders, metabolic disorders (such as uremia and calcium imbalance), and severe physical trauma.

So these folks that say throw the guy out of a plane, or torture him, ask yourself this.

If a family member, kid, mother, brother, etc... that you loved had a brain tumor or head injury that caused a psychotic break which lead to them killing someone, would you want them thrown out of a plane or tortured to death? Would you think that was fair when it was beyond their control?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why is it that religeous persons are for the death penalty?!

I don't get it.....did not Jesus say to the Pharasees when they went to stone the women "caught in the very act of adultry" ...that "he who is without sin cast the first stone"

WTF

WTF is it with the Western brand of so called Cristianity that makes it want to kill and destroy everything it thinks is not right. MOST of the civilized world does not support the death penalty.

Muslims, Christians, coummunists, fascist, all support the death penalty, unless its a fetus.

They justify it because it costs to much to treat a sick person. Does not that smell of something? Your bible says, King James Version..."money is the ROOT of all evil" LOOK it up.
If you try to use money as your justification well you fall right in line with Judus who took 30 peices of silver so Jesus Christ could be tortured and killed.

I have been to many. many so called christian churches and they have a blood lust!

God forbid that Christians should ever control a goverment again...we will have the Inquisition all over again.lol

This guy was sick....he needs help.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yes, I would ...too the chipper with the sick puke!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join