It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

You have no idea of how much image pressure we have. My school is a jungle of ridicule and it really gets to me. I must say, I am ashamed of who is behind the mask. I don't see it as "false advertising" I'm 15 years old and not interested in having a boyfriend anyway. It's protection from criticism.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I remember feeling like that at 15 too. High school is the worst of it though. It gets better once you get out of there. Girls can be quite cruel.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
why is it just when a man figures out the rules women go and change them again?

why is that a towel that is not hung up symetrically drives them crazy?

what is it about a toilet seat being up that upsets women so much, if we have to lift it how hard is it to flip it down?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I hear men say they like nice skin. What do you do if don't have nice skin. There are products designed just for that problem. You can cover it up. Then women don't want you to see their natural skin, so they hide behind the make-up. Some women don't "feel right" without it. Naturally beautiful women don't need make up, yet they sometimes wear it, to complete that look. Add color. Add shine.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Im glad Im a guy, because thats alot a pressure to be under with all the advertising.
I've told my girlfriend about too much make-up, but she never wore that much to begin with. I just think some women are more attracticve than they think they are. Because with or without the make-up they still look attractive. Just like you said it only accent's features, I have already noticed.
Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred

why is that a towel that is not hung up symetrically drives them crazy?

what is it about a toilet seat being up that upsets women so much, if we have to lift it how hard is it to flip it down?
I love this question. I had this conversation with my husband. Women go to the bathroom they unzip and turn around and face the other way... if we don't check to see if you have put the seat down.... we fall in. It has happened to me many times. He said why don't you turn the light on and look. I said because we are in such a hurry trying to get everything done we wait til the last minute to go to the bathroom.

I don't know about the towel, but I hate when the cabinet doors are left open in the kitchen. Drives me crazy. I have to go and shut them all.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

There is an easy way to solve the toilet seat issue. Put both seat's down. One way or another you BOTH have to lift something.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
reply to post by seagrass

Im glad Im a guy, because thats alot a pressure to be under with all the advertising.
I've told my girlfriend about too much make-up, but she never wore that much to begin with. I just think some women are more attracticve than they think they are. Because with or without the make-up they still look attractive. Just like you said it only accent's features, I have already noticed.
Thanks for the reply!

Thank you! Please tell her that she is attractive when she isn't wearing it. It will make a huge impression on her.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
reply to post by Demandred

There is an easy way to solve the toilet seat issue. Put both seat's down. One way or another you BOTH have to lift something.
way to compromise!! I like you!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I would need an example here.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

My question is: (This is to all the women posting here) Would you be more open to experimentation if you knew your spouse/partner supported the experience?

LOL, my dear seagrass, I'm sure you will forgive me if I jump in here and then go back and read the rest of the thread.

The answer is most definitely no. Why? Because that would mean I would have to be open to letting him experiment.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
Woman are born like men no different
it is society that effects the biggest changes in the sexes

Today girls want to emulate slut idols
because society pushes them in that direction

take away slut Idols and there would be no idolizing of them.

stimulus from society which is not accidental in any way shape or form
degrades humanity . As I previously said little girls and boys are born with equal minds

woman from different cultures show this to be true.
In the future when Lesbians have sex on stage while they sing will
be a stimulus for little girls to want to become lesbians on stage who sing

I certainly see a lot of these types on the reality shows. It is sad. I thought we already liberated ourselves sexually during the 80s. I am surprised to see it go this far. Let's hope it is a phase in our development and not something lasting. It seems calculated to shock to me. Hard to understand, or I am getting old.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

Originally posted by daddyroo45

My question is: (This is to all the women posting here) Would you be more open to experimentation if you knew your spouse/partner supported the experience?

LOL, my dear seagrass, I'm sure you will forgive me if I jump in here and then go back and read the rest of the thread.

The answer is most definitely no. Why? Because that would mean I would have to be open to letting him experiment.
Yay! I was hoping you would show up soon! I knew I could count on you.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Yay! I was hoping you would show up soon! I knew I could count on you.

You know me, always late to the party. Don't worry though, I'm cooking up some responses for ya!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chelseh

You are right I have no idea how it feel's. I broke 100lbs my freshman year. Guy's also have an image to live up to. Boy, if they could see me now.

Life begins, and alot of times blossom's after highschool and not during, so some of us have to grin and bare it. Good things come to those who are patient.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
For any who don't alreayd know, I'm a woman so all my responses are from the feminine perspective.

Are women fantasy based?

In some ways. I find women highly dichotomous. They are either harpies who don't stop nagging or are too nice to tell the truth about that beer gut and inability to fix anything. They are turned on by the strong silent type but get upset when he doesn't ask about their day. They want attention but don't want to admit to soliciting it. Some women are fantasy based about some things, usually men. Some women need to pretend that the man they threw away their youth on was worth it. Some women need to pretend that next year he will remember her birthday. Isn't it funny that men are so often used to quantify women?

Why do women go after the 'bad' guy?

Because he's cocky, good looking, and sexually attractive.

Why are they dissatisfied with the 'nice' guy?

Women need two men to be satisfied. The bad guy who makes them hot and the good guy who takes care of them. The problem is finding these two men rolled into one real life man. It's practically impossible so many women go through life unsatisfied with one extreme or the other.

For all you nerds out there, think of it this way. We would all love to fool around with Wolverine, but everyone knows Cyclops is the husband material. LOL

Do women want big muscle and no feelings or slender and caring?

I would say that it depends on the day. Sometimes big muscles and sometimes big hearts. But ideally, both. No feelings and slender? These guys are out there and we don't want you!

Regarding the diamonds:

Most women have been brainwashed to accept no substitutes. I personally know a girl who wouldn't marry her bf unless he gave her a specific Tiffany diamond (la ti frickin da). Being a CT I know a diamond is a stupid rock good for sharpening knives and cutting things and not much else, the value of which has been artificially inflated to sell to people who don't know better. If she really wants a bloodless diamond, you can buy one from Canada, even though they're still owned by DeBeers so it's still technically bloody.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For all you nerds out there, think of it this way. We would all love to fool around with Wolverine, but everyone knows Cyclops is the husband material. LOL

Good thing I wasn't taking a drink right then....

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Shopping:

It's partly a bonding experience, partly a filling of the void driven by advertising, and largely an outlet for our vast joy in making ourselves feel beautiful and expressing our femininity.

LDragonfire made a good point. He said

Emotional responses even negative ones are what women need to be happy.

And I agree to a point. In the absence of positive emotions, we'll take negative ones to fill the vacuum that would exist if we weren't stimulated one way or another. Women cannot be bored in a relationship. We'd rather fight than be ignored.

LDF asked why women who have everything would cheat. I believe this is an extension of the need for emotional stimuli. If a woman has everything it's boring. She needs to feel excited about her mate. Some women will accept a lack of excitement in a relationship, and those that will not cheat.

Why do women love shoes?

Because no matter what size a woman is, her age, if she needs dental work, or if she feels bad about herself, every woman except one with no feet can enjoy a pair of shoes. Shoes instantly update a worn or boring outfit. And you don't have to be a supermodel to wear them. They can make any woman feel beautiful (even though men don't care about shoes at all). It's something women do strictly for themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My ex used to have to buy new tennis shoes every time there was a scuff on them. There are some fashionable men. I know a few clothes horses that would put women to shame, and they aren't even gay.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
What a good thread, I am looking forward to seeing what all turns out here. As a male myself, I have a few of my own questions, mostly regarding attraction.
What do women like in men? Sometimes, you see women that go for big muscle men, and others that go for the small yet nice guy. Do women like it when guys care, or when men act like, well "men" as big, not caring and brute creatures, as portrayed by the media. Now, I'm not concerned with attracting women, as I already have a girlfriend (so I must be doing something right
) but in the end, it's kind of confusing as to what women like.

Big muscle and no feelings,
or slender and caring?

Just wondering.

Ha ha! Like the op said earlier I can only speak as one woman, but in my opinion the only women who chase the 'big tough meanie' is because they're not sure of themselve, and of course the media has ALOT to do with it.

Personally it's the sweet, nice guys that actually care that I like.

And in response to an earlier post about women going for 'players'. I really don't know. All my life I have hated 'players' because they would make me feel dirty, constantly jealous and anxious and that's not how a girl like to feel...

I hoped I helped even a little.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join