It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by seagrass

That being true don't you think that women who are more sexually charged,and try to hide the fact are not being totally honest?

seagrass,you failed to answer my origional question.Would women be more apt to experiment sexually if their partner supported the experience?
I agree they are not being honest, but maybe honest to another aspect of their personality which would be to protect her reputation.

Sorry I was concerned with the this is pointless post.
I think they would if they were naturally inclined to anyway. To be forced to, or pushed to by the supporter would not be good in any relationship. I would think if it was a healthy relationship, it would be a mutual decision.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

*edit to add* I do have a question, why do so many women go for player type guys, guys they know will cheat on them? Is it the challenge? Or the yelling and screaming that always ends such relationships?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by LDragonFire]

I do have a question, why do so many women go for player type guys, guys they know will cheat on them?

I don't think a woman will go for a man if SHE knows he will cheat on her. At least I wouldn't. IT is part of a woman's nature to want to be chosen, so quite often she will instinctively go for a man who has options believing that if he opts for her over the others, she will be protected by his love.

And sometimes women mistranslate men that can seemingly go from woman to woman w/out emotional attachment as a confident person rather than realizing that chances are, he is insecure himself.

the yelling and screaming does not apply to all women. If a woman is confident of who she is and wasn't w/ the man for the emotional security but rather bc she truly liked who he was as a person, then she is not going to yell and scream should they part ways. She may cry for awhile, but a good woman will not make anyone feel guilty for not being there for her.

men and women both harp on the negative aspects of the opposite gender mostly due to a misunderstanding of their nature and the other's nature.

If one understands their natures, they are able to make better choices and if worse comes to worse in a relationship, because they are secure in who they are, they will let the other person go w/out a tantrum bc they are secure in who they are.

There are no mysteries, just misconceptions.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's easy. Men are from Mars and women are from Walmart.

What's the deal with the shopping thing? My wife CAN'T go into a store and buy ONE ITEM. I even made a bet with her once when she said that she was going into the store for......... I don't remember but it was one thing. She lost. Came out with 2 handsfull of bags. Men don't shop, we purchase.

Women "shop" excessively GENERALLY because they are filling an emotional void that they may not even be aware of having. They can often even appear happy on the outside, but if you prod gently and really want to figure out what is going on in her head, often you will be able to help her uncover the gap she is trying to fill.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Thank you for your honest answer.I believe this to be a very important forum for q&a on the mindset of men/women.Barring the trolls wishing to start arguement,I look forward to more discourse.

Flagged

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by intrepid
It's easy. Men are from Mars and women are from Walmart.

What's the deal with the shopping thing? My wife CAN'T go into a store and buy ONE ITEM. I even made a bet with her once when she said that she was going into the store for......... I don't remember but it was one thing. She lost. Came out with 2 handsfull of bags. Men don't shop, we purchase.

Women "shop" excessively GENERALLY because they are filling an emotional void that they may not even be aware of having. They can often even appear happy on the outside, but if you prod gently and really want to figure out what is going on in her head, often you will be able to help her uncover the gap she is trying to fill.
I agree with you justamomma, it can be out of loneliness. Especially when there are lots of people in the mall to be "around" and they talk to you. I think women generally want to provide a nice home for their families. Keep everyone happy in their needs. But when the void kicks in it becomes an unhealthy pursuit for some "fantasy based" ideal.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Woman are born like men no different
it is society that effects the biggest changes in the sexes

Today girls want to emulate slut idols
because society pushes them in that direction

take away slut Idols and there would be no idolizing of them.

stimulus from society which is not accidental in any way shape or form
degrades humanity . As I previously said little girls and boys are born with equal minds

woman from different cultures show this to be true.
In the future when Lesbians have sex on stage while they sing will
be a stimulus for little girls to want to become lesbians on stage who sing

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm a woman, and I don't understand women either. So men I truly feel for you!!! If I were gay, which, thank gawd I am not or I'd go strait, because I couldn't take it and I don't know how a lot of you men do

Sorry girls, but, the shopping, the excessive buying, the need for constant ornamentation, constant approval, the hours upon hours spending laboring over make-up and hair, the rehashing of "He said this, but do you think he MEANS this?" Ad nauseum, I can't take it.

I am not a good one to discuss guy things such as boyfriends etc with my few women friends. Because 1) After 10 minutes, I'm tuning you out anyway...2) None of you take any advice on boyfriends and husbands, no heeding anything near to common sense help or constructive criticism...

Most of my friends are guys. They say what they mean, they aren't "thinking" a darn thing other then if they are hungry or that shirt looks nice on you, if you get my drift!!

I am going to have to stick up for men in this thread, I have encountered way more off-balance raving pyscho women then men lol...I have heard so many HIDEOUS stories from my guy buddies about women...yikes!

I'm getting a total kick out of this thread it's awesome to see the 2 viewpoints displayed so honestly here, good job all

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Late,
I almost starred your last post. I think I dated a good number of those raving lunatic types..I could tell stories..but I don't like to kiss/tell..Thanks for a good laugh..

BP

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

BlackProjects,

I am sorry for you, I know women can be rough on men lawdy lol...one time I was bartending, a few years back, someone called in sick at the last minute so I had to get behind the bar...

2 girls, regulars I knew just from yacking with them about guys now and then, well, one would be talking on the phone...while the other one listened and gave advice, much yelling and gnashing of teeth, then one would leave right...and be gone for like 20 minutes and yell "Lateeeeee put my beer on ice I'll be right back."

Well finally this went on for no lie, like 2 hours right...so against my better judgment
I had to ask, "What's up you two?? What's with the coming and going??"

Well, and granted these are GROWN women, probably in their early 30's right...well one goes, "This guy I've been dating...well he SAID he was staying home tonight...that he just wanted to watch the game at home."

So I get a blank stare...I say, "And??"

They look at each other and look back at me exasperated...."Well Lateeeeee he NEVER wants to just stay home and watch the game WITHOUT me..." And the other one chimes in..."Yeah he NEVER does, yeah it's soooo totally a LIE."

And I say..."And how long have you been dating this guy?"

One answers "3 WEEKS so, there ya gooooooo. He just DOESN'T want to be out with me, I know it."

And I say "Ok, well, what's with the beer on ice?"

She says, "Late I was doing 'drive-bys', yanno to see if his lights were on and if he has his garage door open."

I was like..."Please TELL me you were NOT driving by this poor guy's house all because he said he wanted to stay home and watch a FOOTBALL game."

And there ya have it ...the difference between men and women, in one story, encapsulated

Edit to add:

They were calling this poor dude too, over and over, each message escalating in anger, the one "friend" egging the other girl on...saying "Say this and YEAH YEAH tell him this!!"

With that I'd like to ask...

Is this drive-by thing a usual occurrence with BOTH sexes lol or is this just women??? I can't even imagine being so obsessed with someone after 3 weeks I'd DRIVE by their house to check if LIGHTS were on, not once, twice or 3 times but for 2 HOURS

Anyone want to confess to this???

[edit on 29-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 29-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I like your post!! Quite how I feel for the most part about the typical modernized woman!

way to express it so well!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

"Are we fantasy based?"

Maybe? I s this why you can flip through hundreds of outfits on the rack ?
Men on the other hand will make their choice fairly quick (for the most part) Could it equate back to the fact that men are the hunters (the kill)and woman were the gatherers (collecting) ?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm

"Are we fantasy based?"

Men on the other hand will make their choice fairly quick (for the most part) Could it equate back to the fact that men are the hunters (the kill)and woman were the gatherers (collecting) ?
You guys have it easy there. How many types of clothes do you have? pretty much everything goes with everything. Dress it a little up or down. Women have types of clothes in ONE store. There are thirty in the average mall. Each outfit has a plan, a statement, a costume so to speak. One says something the other does not. It is incredibly complicated and stupid. And then we have to DECIDE what we are going to be that day. (not me, remember I gave that up) I used to do this. It is painful. Well, I admit I still do it some, like for a wedding or party, but on the average day I grab my favorite clothes off the top of the laundry basket.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I did a drive by once. And I was right. But in the other story they sound a little out there. Poor guy.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm

"Are we fantasy based?"

well, my husband is a hunter and he collects guns and tools. I kind of think of shopping like hunting. Hunting for that good deal or the thing that the angels shine their light on.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

LOL seagrass,

Good for you, admitting it like that! Still laughing at this thread of yours, too funny!

Ok since you admitted to the drive-by...let me ask because I am dying to know this, after you do the drive-by and like you said, "You were right," I assume you busted someone by doing this drive-by...so then, what do you say?

"I just HAPPENED to be driving by your house, I was out looking for my lost cat and I sawwwwwwww that girl at YOUR house..." Seriously...If you're THAT suspicious of a guy or a girl, that you'd actually drive by their house to see what you could see, why bother to do it? Just DUMP them and go on lol. I don't get that!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Come to think of it , I'm guilty of collecting myself too.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
women are not difficult to understand, once you pick enough of their brains.

The more women you meet the more you will understand them

sure, women can do some pretty odd things, but you can learn to look past that.

if you are an intuitive individual, you probably know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What's up with all the excessive amount's of make-up? Or the wonder/push up/down/sideways 24 hour comfort bra? What are women trying to hide or improve? And all the other gadgets? There is alot of false advertising going on these day's.
Im a fan of the El Natural Look, well natural beauty is what im going to wake up to every morning so that's why I ask.
I know you will disagree with the last sentence but im refering to the lack of make-up in the morning.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

LOL seagrass,

Good for you, admitting it like that! Still laughing at this thread of yours, too funny!

Ok since you admitted to the drive-by...let me ask because I am dying to know this, after you do the drive-by and like you said, "You were right," I assume you busted someone by doing this drive-by...so then, what do you say?

"I just HAPPENED to be driving by your house, I was out looking for my lost cat and I sawwwwwwww that girl at YOUR house..." Seriously...If you're THAT suspicious of a guy or a girl, that you'd actually drive by their house to see what you could see, why bother to do it? Just DUMP them and go on lol. I don't get that!
well I am still married to him. But at the time I was just interested in him and he in me. He didn't like the girl he was with. I had invited him out with my friends but he said he had made a date with this girl and was going to end it. He never showed at the party so on my way home late I drove by his house.( it was on the way lol) And I called him on it the next day. He said he got a little drunk, didn't want to drive home. I left it at that. Then we started dating after.

thanks for helping with this thread. I am glad you are laughing.. it takes some courage to post about women for women and not know if it will piss them off.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
What's up with all the excessive amount's of make-up? Or the wonder/push up/down/sideways 24 hour comfort bra? What are women trying to hide or improve? And all the other gadgets? There is alot of false advertising going on these day's.
Im a fan of the El Natural Look, well natural beauty is what im going to wake up to every morning so that's why I ask.
I know you will disagree with the last sentence but im refering to the lack of make-up in the morning.
Lol, miracle bra, water bra, 24 hour comfort by playtex. Tell me about it. They keep my size in the freak vault in the back. I am not busty. I am athletic looking (she says with pride) But you do look better in clothes with something there. I hate bras.
Make-up is used to enhance or to hide. We want to look like the women you lust after in the mags. Or the women who say that is what is pretty. It's a stupid game.
Gadgets may help us get there. We think.
If we know you love us, we will stop wearing it so much. But you may wish we would put it back on. We don't know what you want unless you tell us. So we try for the average. Or we give up and don't try.
Hopefully someone who remembers will answer.... I go pretty natural now, but I used to cake it on, and I was pretty good looking when I was younger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join