It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's easy. Men are from Mars and women are from Walmart.

What's the deal with the shopping thing? My wife CAN'T go into a store and buy ONE ITEM. I even made a bet with her once when she said that she was going into the store for......... I don't remember but it was one thing. She lost. Came out with 2 handsfull of bags. Men don't shop, we purchase.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
What a good thread, I am looking forward to seeing what all turns out here. As a male myself, I have a few of my own questions, mostly regarding attraction.
What do women like in men? Sometimes, you see women that go for big muscle men, and others that go for the small yet nice guy. Do women like it when guys care, or when men act like, well "men" as big, not caring and brute creatures, as portrayed by the media. Now, I'm not concerned with attracting women, as I already have a girlfriend (so I must be doing something right
) but in the end, it's kind of confusing as to what women like.

Big muscle and no feelings,
or slender and caring?

Just wondering.

This is an impossible answer to give you. Because every woman is different and on top of that, it depends on age, experience, upbringing, etc.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
confidence mixed with a little cheekiness does it....

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I think in some women there is a challenge factor. If you could only tame that man, it would say you were "special" somehow. That you had something that only he wanted. If all the other women are also interested in him, then you won.

I have often wondered why some women cheat, when they have this nice and wonderful husband at home, they never fight or argue and everything seems just wonderful.

Now I AM NOT that person, I have a god given gift of being able to make women mad without even trying then you add my competitive nature or my desire to win in all things, well thats a combo for a good argument.

Anyway women are ruled by there emotions, meaning they need a good dose of feeling the whole spectrum from joy/bliss to anger/even hatred to be really happy. Women that I have known that had this wonderful husband at home often went out and found some one to treat them like crap.

I have 7 sisters and have been around many many females my whole life and I truly don't understand them, what I wrote is but one opinion I have about them.

Emotional responses even negative ones are what women need to be happy.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have not cheated on my husband, but my bet is the ones that do , want to feel that they are still attractive to the other sex.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's easy. Men are from Mars and women are from Walmart.

What's the deal with the shopping thing? My wife CAN'T go into a store and buy ONE ITEM. I even made a bet with her once when she said that she was going into the store for......... I don't remember but it was one thing. She lost. Came out with 2 handsfull of bags. Men don't shop, we purchase.
It's true. So what is your point?

Somethings will never change. We gather. Just give us the money, and you go hunt.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I also have never cheated on any relationship. I know plenty of women who do though, and it seems to be all about the attention and feeling attractive to a man. Women do like to be flattered.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think woman are not a mystery in the slightest...
They just like to come across like they are...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Women do like to be flattered.

Hey baby, what's happening?

Another thing, what's with the shoes?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Women do like to be flattered.

Hey baby, what's happening?

Another thing, what's with the shoes?
Hey! come here and I'll show ya.

shoes? Each outfit a woman wears has an appropriate shoe. I didn't make the fashion rules. But walking around in the "wrong" shoe is embarrassing.
I have comfortable shoes since I gave up fashion. I said screw fashion a long time ago. It was too much work for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
why do we even think there is such a big difference between men and women? granted, the minds of each work a tad differently, but we are the same species.

why do we have these generalizations, nigh expectations, of what each gender should be like?

i'm a man so i drink beer, watch sports, like tools, weight-lift, must have a tough dog, and i only think about sex and will do anything to get sex. i also will not cry, unless i know a woman is watching. i'm an idiot with my friends.

i'm a woman so if i get engaged, i want a diamond, i need to buy new clothes and shoes all the time, i love eating desserts and food but don't comment on my weight, i'm emotional.

we all know the cliches. we all know that every man and every woman are not like this.

the only reason why these questions still exist, why one gender seems so mysterious or incomprehensible is because we allow these cliches to subtly control our thoughts in a preconceived way, instead of basing it in reality.

i personally view the one i love as a human being, who's uniquely involved in a life that she's sharing with me. we both have cliches, but when you actually get to know someone, you realize...they are just being human.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Emotional responses even negative ones are what women need to be happy.
I disagree with this, primarily the negative part.
I agree that women are more emotional than men, and we are more able to show those emotions. I think men are taught to hold them in. I may be wrong. Men pride themselves on being logical and problem solvers. That is great. We emotional women do need logic to keep us grounded. We need problem solving advice about emotional issues. Women can get emotional about things that seem ridiculous, but to us they matter. We sometimes wish we didn't care as much. We try to not care as much, but it can take away from our true natures to try to be strong. We look for a listening ear. If we cant find that in our man, we may seek out another man or woman to do that. Women need emotional security. That is something that is hard to get from a man at times. But if you are talking about drama, then that woman is probably bored. Or is just looking for attention from him, even if it is negative.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I see what you're saying. It's about "venting". With men it's about "solving the problem". That's how WE are wired. I learned a long time ago that when my wife wants to vent, listen. That's what she wants. Not solutions.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I see what you're saying. It's about "venting". With men it's about "solving the problem". That's how WE are wired. I learned a long time ago that when my wife wants to vent, listen. That's what she wants. Not solutions.

yes! but the solutions are more welcomed once we are allowed to vent.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I find it pointless to discuss the differences between men and women in the sense that every single woman is different than every single man in a certain way.
Because apart from the physical differences, which are plainly obvious and not worthy of any continuing debate.
You would have to meet every single man and woman to be able to say things in general about all of them.
People who say women are this men are that etc etc, I find to be a waste of my short time here on earth.
As they are illogical and have low iq's and aren't able to think about the bigger picture very much.
In fact they are so illogical they don't even realize its a possibility that they could be that way, and hardly ever even realize what they are saying or even what it means.
Its impossible to explain to them in any meaningful sense that, its not about men, women, dna, culture, underwear color, big toe size, its about every living thing being totally unique.Its about PEOPLE.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
From what I have gathered over the years,women are far more sexual than their male counterparts.Although women seem demure and taken aback by sexual connotations,they are actually the seething,firey embodiment of sexual passion. In situations where coupled relationships allow multiple partners the women are more apt to frequently engage multiple male partners.While the males usually limit themselves to one extraintimate partner,then attend to their spouse/partners desires.

My question is: (This is to all the women posting here) Would you be more open to experimentation if you knew your spouse/partner supported the experience?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
From what I have gathered over the years,women are far more sexual than their male counterparts.Although women seem demure and taken aback by sexual connotations,they are actually the seething,firey embodiment of sexual passion. In situations where coupled relationships allow multiple partners the women are more apt to frequently engage multiple male partners.While the males usually limit themselves to one extraintimate partner,then attend to their spouse/partners desires.

My question is: (This is to all the women posting here) Would you be more open to experimentation if you knew your spouse/partner supported the experience?
Women who are highly sexual can be called whores if they are not careful. Reputation is important to some of these women, so you would never know by their outward appearance. Some show it, some just act like they are to attract a man, when they aren't.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Nope. I would not want to picture my husband with someone else, nor have him picture me with someone else. Plus I am almost 40 and it is no longer about sex.
I mean dont get me wrong, its still fun, but its not a major factor.

I got that all out of my system when I was single and did not want to be tied down.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
I find it pointless to discuss the differences between men and women in the sense that every single woman is different than every single man in a certain way.
Because apart from the physical differences, which are plainly obvious and not worthy of any continuing debate.
You would have to meet every single man and woman to be able to say things in general about all of them.
People who say women are this men are that etc etc, I find to be a waste of my short time here on earth.
As they are illogical and have low iq's and aren't able to think about the bigger picture very much.
In fact they are so illogical they don't even realize its a possibility that they could be that way, and hardly ever even realize what they are saying or even what it means.
Its impossible to explain to them in any meaningful sense that, its not about men, women, dna, culture, underwear color, big toe size, its about every living thing being totally unique.Its about PEOPLE.
Are you talking to me here? Are you saying I have a low IQ and don't even realize it because I am making some generalizations about women? It takes a lot of details to make a big picture. This problem is being dissected by it's details. I am just giving my opinion on women, and so are a few others in an attempt to breed understanding. I never said all women are this way. I agree people are unique. But there are some common threads among the sexes that I have seen. To deny that talking and having a conversation could help, and is just a waste of pointless time, is a waste of this threads time... you can always just scroll on by.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That being true don't you think that women who are more sexually charged,and try to hide the fact are not being totally honest?

seagrass,you failed to answer my origional question.Would women be more apt to experiment sexually if their partner supported the experience?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join