learn more

The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I have no problem with the initial attraction being the sex part, I get that. What bugs me is when guys hit on me, in some way that suggests immediate sexual contact, without ever bothering to actually talk to me about anything else first. I met a guy in a bar a while back, lots of my friends around, he was a friend of a friend type thing. Mutual attraction, but it being loud in the bar there's not a whole lot of talking you can do. He asks me if I want to take a walk outside for a minute. I'm thinking, yeah, fresh air, conversation of some kind, like, the basic stuff, name, age, occupation, etc.. Within 5 minutes, rather than talking to me, he was suggesting that we should have sex in the dirt and bushes behind the bar.

That's what bothers me. I mean, seriously, are you that desperate? There are times and places for semi-public-I-really-need-you-now-sex, but five minutes after meeting a guy, ain't one of them.

I have many men related horror stories of which that is just one, but let's just say that there's a reason I'm not even bothering to date now, since it's so illogical to expect guys to want anything beyond instant gratification, and personally, I'm just never that desperate.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

My grandad used to say that if women weren't all soft and beautiful and didn't smell so nice they would all be cast from society and hunted for sport

Then again...my grandma was a hell of a strong woman and he certainly had his hands full.

Interesting thread

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I agree completely and utterly with theendisnear69!!

Peace and love, Kyron Weetra!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Inannamute

For example... I was on a blind date once with a beautiful girl. I thought, wow... she is very attractive... good for me
The date was your standard dinner and a movie. I was ready to go home after dinner. She was dumb as a post. I think the last straw was when she told me that she thought she was racist. I said really? She said "yes, I really hate slow drivers." I didn't know what to say.

And remember BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. Everyone is attractive to someone. You just have to find the right person.

To the first part. I think she was just making a really bad joke about slow drivers. Racist, race as in speed. But yea..... really lame joke lol

To the second part. Yea, that is so right. Everyone has foud/is going to find that special person some time in their life. Eventualy everyone seems to, it just takes others a little longer then some. But imo, as long as you are happy with what you have you will be fine.

-fm

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There are some serious nuggets of gold in this thread for guys out there, if you know exactly where to look.

I almost died laughing the day I figured it all out. In fact, I'm LOL right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It is sad when an attractive (based off of how many guys seem to want to have sex with you) and intelligent (based off of your posts) writes off all guys based on the dirt bags that she has encountered. It sounds like you would be a great catch.

I think that people need to stop trying to meet at bars. If you want to meet a lush or a jerk, go ahead. If not, go somewhere that the type of person you want to meet would be likely to hang out. I doubt many guys at a library or a book store would ask you to step outside for a quickie.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Totally agree with you. Have seen girls drag men into loo cubicle they just met 5 mins ago. Sickening. Men have a poor view of women because some women spoil it for the rest.
I dont buy shoes. (one pair of ankle boots every 5 years or so)
I dont want diamonds.
I dont want a muscleman who spends every waking moment looking in the mirror or at the gym.
I dont care if a man is big or small.
There just needs to be something I find attractive in his smile or expression to make me want to talk to him.
I dont want a man who drives a flash car to try to impress (cos it doesn't)
I am able to work and pay my own way and thats how i like it.
Am i not a real woman? sob

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
women are hard to understand by men because women are complex. we're responsible for the births, nurturing of, protection of,and primary caregiver of our species. those alone require us to be "different" or "emotional" compared to men. my husband understands this and i respect and accept him for his contributions to the human race.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I live in the Phoenix area, and I know what you are saying. I ended up meeting my husband in Reno, then we moved back here years later.

Even as a woman it was hard meeting men here and I am far from ugly.Of course there were a lot that just wanted a one night thing. I also have men friends who have a hard time meeting woman here. The craigs list thing is a joke here say my friends who have used it. It is a very cliquish city here. I met more people when I lived anywhere but here,lol IN fact in Reno I was alway dating and met a lot of interesting people .

[edit on 30-7-2008 by amatrine]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by seagrass
Women do like to be flattered.

Hey baby, what's happening?

Another thing, what's with the shoes?

And you think that one liner is flattery? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If you want to meet a lush or a jerk, go ahead. If not, go somewhere that the type of person you want to meet would be likely to hang out. I doubt many guys at a library or a book store would ask you to step outside for a quickie.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Karlhungis]

FOR ALL YOU SINGLES OUT THERE...

The above lines from Karl are gold. Unless you want to meet a lush or jerk, you are 99% not going to meet your dream date in a bar. You might just get lucky and meet the guy/girl of your dreams but most likely not.

To meet people who share your interests, get real life hobbies and look for a mate there. Take a dance class, or a french class, or a basket weaving class, or any type of class that you are interested in. Join a hiking club or skiing club. Go to community events. Do volunteer work.

Potential mates are everywhere - even the places you normally go. If you go to the library or museum or grocery store and keep seeing the cute guy/girl who is there at the same time, TALK TO THEM!!! If you are polite, and if they are polite you will both be happy that you got up the nerve to introduce yourself.

There's also online dating, which can be great providing your prospective dates aren't misrepresenting themselves. However, this is usually very easily detectable just as it is in the real world when a man or woman is a lying sack of...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Good thread seagrass. This should be a monster when all is said and done.

I think that women are amazing. Very complicated beings. Of course they cover the full spectrum, just as men do. From utterly shallow to brilliant.

My whole life, I have been able to bond with women easily. Maybe it was because I had a good relationship with my mother? I like the compassion and empathy that women are able to show. I think men have the same capacity, but due to social norms they almost always refrain from doing so.

I do not like the catty-ness of women though. The competition they seem to be forced to have with each other is just too much to handle.

I also do not like the pressure that young women seem to have to be stupid. I have noticed that many do this just to be accepted. Jessica Simpson is that type of woman. No way is she as stupid as she pretends to be. Terrible role model.

Anyways, good thread

Also, I think that guys could do themselves a favor and read Men ar from Mars and Women are from Venus. Obviously, not gospil but it does contain a lot of truth about differences between the sexes and how they think.
I think a lot of the problem lies with mothers and how they raise their sons. I am glad you had a good mom Karlhungis. Why aren't mothers teaching this stuff to their sons? Why does this need to be a good thread? I would think a mother, a sister, an aunt would have taught men this stuff. It seems like a lot of the questions are about dating. Do guys have to learn it by trial and error? Do dads not teach their sons about this? Why are women not saying this stuff out loud or at the beginning of relationships?
Women are very catty. I found in the workplace that it was extreme. Men have been working together for eons. Women usually rule their home. I think men have much better work ethics.
I agree with the "stupid" is attractive thing. I can name a few others. Paris Hilton for one.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by seagrass

Actually, I'm not a bad listener, really. I just don't talk much in public anymore, when I make it out of the apartment.

It just seems to me, at least the women I meet, they drink, and drink too much. That kind of goes for everyone I meet. I've been trying to not be so judgmental about it but it's hard. People become idiots much of the time when they drink and that's hard for me to deal with. Not that I'm any better, I'm still stupid after three years of sobriety.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that if I ever go out again.

One more gem... stay away from drinkers. You don't need that if you are trying for sobriety. Stay out of the bars. Find a different hobby and you may meet someone there.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here's a question..Why is the lineup to the ladies washroom so long. We go in, Take out, Empty Tank, Shake a little, Back in, Zipper up, Wash hands and out.

What do you guys do in there that take so long.

Whenever I go to clubs I sometimes see woman going into the man bathroom to use the stalls because the lineup to the ladies washroom is huge...Is this something you would do?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Don't get the wrong idea though... even though I had a good relationship with my mother, I was never a ladies man. Perhaps it is because of that. I was turned down by many a woman that wanted to be treated like crap instead. I guess since I could relate to them, I was always more easily viewed as a friend.

I always kind of admired the ladies man though. He could treat a girl like crap and get another one a week later. Meanwhile, I couldn't get a date if I had to. It all worked out in the end, but it was a painful ride.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by seagrass

They describe us as materialistic, insatiable, inevitable cheaters, and this is just here on ATS.
Why do we have such a bad reputation amongst men? (Never mind the other side of this coin please. Women feel the same about men I am sure.)

Seagrass I have often thought of myself as a hopeless romantic. It's becoming harder and harder in this day and age to really find true love. Sometimes all I want in my life is someone to love and love me in return. But the odds are against me. I am 32 years old and and have spent the majority of those years single and unattached for the following reason. Of all the women I have dated over the years I have yet to find one that understands the concept of honesty and integrity. Thats not to say that honest women don't exist but from my experience they are far and few between. I have found women to be lier's, cheaters, and materialistic. Thats a recipe that seems to fit the bill every time. From my experience I have come to the following conclusion:

Men approach a relationship with a woman thinking "what do I have to offer her?"

Women approach a relationship with a man thinking "what does he have to offer me?"

Now of course, not everyone fits the above description because in every analysis there are statistical outliers. But for the most part, the above axiom is true!

BTW: If there are any single ladies out there looking to meet and decent honest guy please, by all means, hit me up

[edit on 30-7-2008 by LiquidMirage]
I know it is hard. I was a single mom for 8 years before I finally gave up. I kept playing the game, the only way I knew how. Once I gave up, I just started doing things for me and not interested in trying to attract a mate. That is when I met my husband. He is a "nice" guy. I never would have met him if I hadn't been confident (and not desperate or playing some game) and was able to strike up a conversation with the guy that wasn't hitting on the girls.
Women are materialistic, but we like to think of it differently. We want to outfit our lives just like we pick outfits. The perfect couch the perfect picture on the wall. The perfect ring. It is our nature to do so. We are also taught so ( think hopechests). Add in advertising and we are bombarded by what is "successful". We are trying to attract men to us by doing these "well". Learning to cook and clean right. Learning to be sexually attractive. We learn to lie about what we really want because it doesn't go with the norm. Some women try to do the domestic stuff, but they hate it and feel disrespected for having to do it. So they daydream about life outside of it. I guess we aren't taught to be as honest as we should. Women went out into the career world, and now we see some of the problems that happen when we don't stay home.
You sound like a really nice guy. I hope you will meet one a the few women who will say what they think and act with integrity. You are getting older so that means the women of your age will be as well, and they might be getting tired of the games too. Keep looking for them.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxjax

Totally agree with you. Have seen girls drag men into loo cubicle they just met 5 mins ago. Sickening. Men have a poor view of women because some women spoil it for the rest.
I dont buy shoes. (one pair of ankle boots every 5 years or so)
I dont want diamonds.
I dont want a muscleman who spends every waking moment looking in the mirror or at the gym.
I dont care if a man is big or small.
There just needs to be something I find attractive in his smile or expression to make me want to talk to him.
I dont want a man who drives a flash car to try to impress (cos it doesn't)
I am able to work and pay my own way and thats how i like it.
Am i not a real woman? sob
You will be to a man who appreciates that. I would try some different shoes though... they make some good ones now...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If there can be a Valentine's Day then why can't there be a Steak & Massage day for us men?
A day where the ladies bring home the biggest steak in the store, cook it up. Then a good massage in " the right spot" and we relax the rest of the day.

Just wondering how you ladies do all that you do, child birth, house chores, shopping, taking kids to events and still find time for your hubby?

I clean an ashtray and I'll talk about it all day.

[edit on 7/30/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
If there can be a Valentine's Day then why can't there be a Steak & Massage day for us men?
A day where the ladies bring home the biggest steak in the store, cook it up. Then a good massage in " the right spot" and we relax the rest of the day.

You mean like the other 364 days of the year?

[edit on 30-7-2008 by MissZahrah]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer
Here's a question..Why is the lineup to the ladies washroom so long. We go in, Take out, Empty Tank, Shake a little, Back in, Zipper up, Wash hands and out.

What do you guys do in there that take so long.

Whenever I go to clubs I sometimes see woman going into the man bathroom to use the stalls because the lineup to the ladies washroom is huge...Is this something you would do?
I've used the men's bathroom before. They are reapplying their make-up, gossiping, talking about what the guy just said to them, asking if they think the guy they are talking to is hot...etc. etc. Possibly doing drugs....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join