It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Release New Fighter. The J-10.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
...any Bear that were intercepted too near an USA aircraft were commanded reasonably to abandon the area. If not, they risk being shoot.

Well, AFAIK, that EP-3 didn't go away. Gladly, it was not shoot, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu
...any Bear that were intercepted too near an USA aircraft were commanded reasonably to abandon the area. If not, they risk being shoot.

Well, AFAIK, that EP-3 didn't go away. Gladly, it was not shoot, don't you think?

But were any shot down or rammed by reckless pilots ?

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
But were any shot down or rammed by reckless pilots ?
Not one that I could remember, unless you count that F-104 that 'intercepted' that XB-70 prototype. You seriously don't have any reasonable doubt that it could happen again? Personally, I don't think the J-8 was caught in turbulence, but I don't think it crashed on purpoose either, do you?

[Edited on 2003-6-14 by MakodFilu]

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I never said the Chinese pilot did it on purpose rather it was due to his lack of flying skill.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You guy said our pilot(BTW, Let me tell you his name is Wang Wei, not *****) lack of flying experience, it sounds ridiculous, don't you know US's EP3 is much bigger than China's J-? both in mass and volume.
AFAIK, in order to prevent the spy plane from fleeing away, our pilot ran his life risk to get spyplane to give in. He did a great job!

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPCZHL
You guy said our pilot(BTW, Let me tell you his name is Wang Wei, not *****) lack of flying experience, it sounds ridiculous, don't you know US's EP3 is much bigger than China's J-? both in mass and volume.
AFAIK, in order to prevent the spy plane from fleeing away, our pilot ran his life risk to get spyplane to give in. He did a great job!

What a load of BS. Your pilot was crap and inexperienced. He wasn't trying to force the plane to land he was just hot dogging. I believe another crew took some footage of the idiot holding up his e-mail adress.
If this was done on purpose, then attacking an unarmed plane in international waters could be construed as an act of war.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Summing up your BS (I don't know the exact meaning of BS so I decide to return it to you), I came to a conclusion that you (perhaps half in your country) have landed all blames on our pilot, and think he must take the entire blame of the aircraft collision.
I never reject to accept sth real only if you are giving out the truth of it, but both of us don't have to last words on the acutal course of that air accident, I bet you can't, either do I.
Incident happened in controversial waters, well here comes another point - for my part that is our maritime territory and in your opinion international waters, moreover how come you assert your crew taking the best choice and our pilot just picking up a silly choice? One of my friends current in army service told me that your crew EP-3 on board took a very sly turn before being forced to land in China, I mean the EP-3 took advantage of its mass. Do you know this detail?

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPCZHL
Summing up your BS (I don't know the exact meaning of BS so I decide to return it to you), I came to a conclusion that you (perhaps half in your country) have landed all blames on our pilot, and think he must take the entire blame of the aircraft collision.
I never reject to accept sth real only if you are giving out the truth of it, but both of us don't have to last words on the acutal course of that air accident, I bet you can't, either do I.
Incident happened in controversial waters, well here comes another point - for my part that is our maritime territory and in your opinion international waters, moreover how come you assert your crew taking the best choice and our pilot just picking up a silly choice? One of my friends current in army service told me that your crew EP-3 on board took a very sly turn before being forced to land in China, I mean the EP-3 took advantage of its mass. Do you know this detail?

My firend, International Waters are International Waters. Answer me a few questions.

1. The incident didn't occur in China's Airspace did it?
2. Were did the incident Occur?
3. How many other countries were around the spot the incident happened?
4. What were Chinese fighters doing in International Airspace?
5. Did China force the EP-3 to land in Chinese Terretory?

No arguement that you put forward will deny the facts.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Damn are you guys still discussing about that EP-3E Aries incident.

The Chinese spy on the US 'as we speek' and the US are spy on the Chinese. No big deal. That P-3 collided with a Chinese jet and had no choise but to make an emergency landing in China.
The incident happened about 70 miles off the Chinese Island of Hainan in international airspace

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Damn are you guys still discussing about that EP-3E Aries incident.

The Chinese spy on the US 'as we speek' and the US are spy on the Chinese. No big deal. That P-3 collided with a Chinese jet and had no choise but to make an emergency landing in China.
The incident happened about 70 miles off the Chinese Island of Hainan in international airspace

The Chinese plane collied with the EP-3 not the other way round.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yeah you are right, that I what I meant, and read in dozens of articles...sorry

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
whoops - wrong thread

[Edited on 17-6-2003 by Pyros]

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Keep on staying self-opinionated. I don't mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by barba007My firend, International Waters are International Waters. Answer me a few questions.

1. The incident didn't occur in China's Airspace did it?
2. Were did the incident Occur?
3. How many other countries were around the spot the incident happened?
4. What were Chinese fighters doing in International Airspace?
5. Did China force the EP-3 to land in Chinese Terretory?

No arguement that you put forward will deny the facts.

1 & 2) My friend, if you were to be right, then you concede the EP-3 was gathering Electronic Surveillance about... the sexual life of the whales. Don't be so silly.

4) What was an EP-3 surveillance military plane doing in International Airspace? Have the USA more right to flight than the Chinese?
5) Yeah, surely they did. It's your right when you commanded a plane to abandon your space and it did not comply. About the BS of this happening in International Water, see point 1 & 2 (the same
)

[Edited on 2003-6-18 by MakodFilu]

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Dear Mr. MakodFilu
What a good dialectician you are!
Actually now what I really care about is a very detail as you said the accident occured 70 miles away from China's waters, does it mean now China has always send its aeroplane cruising in international waters? If it is true, I cannot see any reason for which our pilot is planning to run his life risk to colled with that US surveillance plane in international air.
As a matter of fact that I don't think our pilot would disobey the commander's order to do something incredible. It still beats me so far.
What you said perhaps gives out something, but I'm afraid it is not so persuasive 'cause of your typical western standing. Try to take a more fair and neutral standing.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   

1 & 2) My friend, if you were to be right, then you concede the EP-3 was gathering Electronic Surveillance about... the sexual life of the whales. Don't be so silly.

4) What was an EP-3 surveillance military plane doing in International Airspace? Have the USA more right to flight than the Chinese?
5) Yeah, surely they did. It's your right when you commanded a plane to abandon your space and it did not comply. About the BS of this happening in International Water, see point 1 & 2 (the same
)

O.K. MakodFilu, you ATTEMPTED to answer the questions, though you conveniently left out the answer to question 3!

Question 3 states: How many other countries were around the incident point?

By the way you didn't answer all the questions. You don't answer a question with a question.

In question 4 you answered What was the EP-3 doing in International Airspace? Daahh! What any other Airplane does. Fly!

In question 5 you say in was strange that an EP-3 was in International Airspace. Were is it supposed to fly when getting from one point to an other?
Eg. When a Qantas Jet flying from Sydney to Hong Kong or South Korea in that Fact, how many countries does it fly over? Off the top of my head 5 or 6. and yes it does fly close to CHINA too.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

)

O.K. MakodFilu, you ATTEMPTED to answer the questions, though you conveniently left out the answer to question 3!

By the way you didn't answer all the questions. You don't answer a question with a question.

In question 4 you answered What was the EP-3 doing in International Airspace? Daahh! What any other Airplane does. Fly!

In question 5 you say in was strange that an EP-3 was in International Airspace. Were is it supposed to fly when getting from one point to an other?
Eg. When a Qantas Jet flying from Sydney to Hong Kong or South Korea in that Fact, how many countries does it fly over? Off the top of my head 5 or 6. and yes it does fly close to CHINA too.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

)

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by barba007
No, my friend. I left that *because* if you recognize your government is not wasting money spying the whales, your plane was undoubtfully in Chinese space, so question 3 is, well, out of the question...

Exactly! Just the same that those Chinese...

If your planes are not welcome, you should fly another route, even if not optimal to your fuel consumption.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Listen here. Again I state that I am Australian and not American and I believe that my view on looking at International Incidents is neutral.

I see that the FACT was that the EP-3 was in INTERNATIONAL AIRSPACE! not CHINESE AIRSPACE when the incident occured. What part of that do you not understand.

Just for the record I will state the countries around China.

1. South Korea
2. North Korea
3. Hong Kong
4. Taiwan
5. Japan
6. Macao
7. Laos
8 Vietnam

As you can clearly see there are many many countries that the U.S. could have been 'Watching Whales' with.
LOL

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join