It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Release New Fighter. The J-10.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Chinese pilots will still be ducks for the USAF no matter what they fly due to training disparities. It's their capability to field a 200 million man ground force that worries me.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Chinese pilots will still be ducks for the USAF no matter what they fly due to training disparities. It's their capability to field a 200 million man ground force that worries me.

The thing that worries you is not our ground force, but a so-called fact that your dominance is faced with a powerful challenge, isn't it?

I think China is a country which never bears any hostility towards any other ones, for what reason some west countries always hold a hostile attitude to China.

If you take a look into our history, you will find out China is country that has been always suffured so much.
Actually I know nobody around the world appreciated the ideas of having a strong Asian and world China in this demn world.

However China's gotten through the WWII though it suffered so much in.

I hope one day you will give a post in which you say the real worries about China is its SPACE FORCE.

Keep on your worrying, my friend, you never know China, so you don't have the words on this moderate and evergrowing country.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   

www.china.org.cn... /meizhuangji/27277.htm

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Iz any1 here actually afraid of China.. I know i may sound naieve but they don't have as much power as the govn't says they do... Now if we went into another war w/ Japan imagine how many ppl would be messed up, Sony, Mitsubishi, and about two thirds of the world's electronic entertainment are made in Japan... IT'd be a hard slap in the face. China's fighter doesn't mean anything dude, We've got the F-22 Falcon. Amen.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
in actuality, its not even an equal match to our F-16

the Commie Chinks can't make decent fighters, or anything else for that matter.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

in actuality, its not even an equal match to our F-16

the Commie Chinks can't make decent fighters, or anything else for that matter.

Sounds like the most hollow, stupid and meaningless words I've ever heard.
Don't say your F-16, is it yours? Radish or turnip.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
chinas Su-30MK ownz every aircraft usa got in its inventory now

"Russia will provide China with Su-30MK warplanes equipped with brand new air-to-ground missiles, which will substantially increase the fighting capability of Chinese Air Force.

After several rounds of bilateral talks, Moscow and Beijing reached an agreement on the procurement of multi-purpose Su-30MK warplanes. China also committed to buy all types of armaments for this plane.

Chinese Air Force will purchase in particular medium range R-27 ER, R-27 ET and PVV-AE air-to-air missiles as well as long-to-medium range X-29L/T, X-31, X-59 air-to-ground missiles. The air-launched X-95M missile will be especially effective against surface and naval targets. This will increase the attacking capabilities of Chinese warplanes and extend their fighting range. The new weaponry will help change Chinese Air Force tactics, allowing them to accomplish both defensive and attacking missions. In addition to providing an aerial defense of airspace, Su-30MK is capable to accomplish long-range missions, striking both surface and naval targets."

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
What a cute peppery girl. Beautiful and cool, I like it.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
$tranger, I love your knowledge of Soviet/Russian
aircraft but be truthful ok? Thats a Russian fighter sold to the Chinese. The Chinese can build decent stuff but its just that...decent.

The Chinese are buying the crap out of Russian aircraft, subs, surface vessels, etc. If they aren't buying the actual product, they are buying the plans/designs and modifying to suit them and, of coarse...their favorite method....stealing it!! Sweet and simple.

And regardless of the spec's and stat's of that beautiful, impressive and deadly aircraft.....its not the aircraft, per se', that makes the plane.....it's the pilot and his training. I'll take an American/Western pilot any day over a Chinese pilot flying that awesome aircraft. I would say that in a best out of ten, that aircraft wouldn't win but maybe 4 out of 10. That famed 'cobra' maneover that aircraft can do is quite a feat but in realtime combat, just how effective is it really going to amount to? Wanna lay odds? Though I despise warfare and US involvement, it does provide combat training; something for which the Chinese and the Russian's lack alot of.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
To my sadness, this airplane is not designed by our scientists. Buy is buy, though it's a brand new SU.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPCZHL
To my sadness, this airplane is not designed by our scientists. Buy is buy, though it's a brand new SU.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way SPCZHL. I honestly had no intentions of doing so.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
well.. it is an export version after all.. but its still a very deadly aircraft

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes indeed $tranger, she is diffently one beautiful crafted aircraft.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
That famed 'cobra' maneover that aircraft can do is quite a feat but in realtime combat, just how effective is it really going to amount to?

The Cobra maneuver can be used to make an opponent to overshoot and to disappear from the radar screen due to Doppler effect.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger

Originally posted by Seekerof
That famed 'cobra' maneover that aircraft can do is quite a feat but in realtime combat, just how effective is it really going to amount to?

The Cobra maneuver can be used to make an opponent to overshoot and to disappear from the radar screen due to Doppler effect.

Good point, but again, lets be serious....how many actual Russian and Chinese pilots can pull this maneover off and do so in a combat environment multiple times?
Having the advantages that come with this maneover also leaves alot of disadvantages. This is not the days of WW1 when it was 'emono' verses 'emono'....one on one. Tactics have evolved as aircraft have evolved. Its a minor advantage at best in a real world combat setting. The maneover is a mainly a 'selling point'. You know that and I know that. Russia is the worlds largest weapons exporter.....anything and everything they have and build is being designed with 'exportability'.

Still, I wouldn't mind spending $30000 to fly in one.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Personally I think it is a beautiful Aircraft........ but! The F-22 is Sexy! Any capable too!
Yeah baby!!

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by barba007]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"Joint Chinese-Israel operation." from the initial post.

Of course, the upside to that may be that it will allow us to shoot them down even quicker, if our lap dog brings it's goodies back to papa...

This thread is weird. Gazrok probably stated the most important thing about this whole subject, yet nowhere in the 10 pages can I see anyone else trying to explain why the Israelis would make a plane with the Chinese.

All I can see is a lot of people asking what would happen if it came up against a US plane. This then leads on to talk about total war with China.

Isn't Israel our friend? If our friends are giving aircraft technology away don't you think it's pretty plausible because they don't ever see it being used against themselves?

I would bet the US knows everything about this plane.
China wouldn't develop something like this if she knows the plans are going to fall into US hands and she is later going to use them against the US.

It's a political statement more than anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Very good point Leveller.

But it could be a case that China might have something better up their sleeves. I would certainly believe that China would know that Israel would most likely inform the US of the specs on this particular aircraft. Then again, Washington may not really care. The Pentegon Brass feel they have the best trained and many of the best aircraft in the world.

On the other hand, China is continually buying highly advanced aircraft from Russia, so they may see it as insignificant that the US would know of the joint project and its spec's. There are many possible scenerio's for answers here. Great find though.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

But it could be a case that China might have something better up their sleeves. I would certainly believe that China would know that Israel would most likely inform the US of the specs on this particular aircraft. Then again, Washington may not really care. The Pentegon Brass feel they have the best trained and many of the best aircraft in the world.
On the other hand, China is continually buying highly advanced aircraft from Russia, so they may see it as insignificant that the US would know of the joint project and its spec's. There are many possible scenerio's for answers here. Great find though.

You guy take it too serious that China has something better than it's expected, but anyway "buy is buy", I don't think Russia would release their latest advanced knowledge to its potential opponent, esp. China.
To my knowledge, the best aircraft China has is J-10, a copy version of Russian Su-x, which is supposed to be as good as F-16 at most, I don't any point that you should worry about that "Dove"(F-22, as sb says , is a sexy hawk!)

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Iz any1 here actually afraid of China.. I know i may sound naieve but they don't have as much power as the govn't says they do... Now if we went into another war w/ Japan imagine how many ppl would be messed up, Sony, Mitsubishi, and about two thirds of the world's electronic entertainment are made in Japan... IT'd be a hard slap in the face. China's fighter doesn't mean anything dude, We've got the F-22 Falcon. Amen.

i think that china would have more power because they have a reputation for keeping many dark secrets...u never know what they r doing...for example they kept many secrets from the international community at the height of the sars outbreaks. also...i dont suggest u depend on the F-22 so much considering the production numbers have been greatly decreased because of the much cheaper JSF. On the other hand, the Chinese J-10 will be mass produced to form the backbone of the PLAAF along with the Su-27 and its variants.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join