It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag disappears from Obama campaign jet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Oh when the chickens leave the barn blame the barn.

Your right about holding on to the past - No thank you... for me, its been done to death.

My observation is that the repos have had 8 years to implement all kinds of conservative goodness. Now that these wonderful policies have failed, failed pathetically
the republicans are going to sling it on the democrats. Funny enough is folks are to blind to take stock and to corrupted by the corruption to take on the burden of responsibility.

Anyhow Andrew I thought that Obamas biter comments were on the right track but badly delivered.

You have these dirt poor Americans worried about gun freedom and the bible. Yet the issues that will really effect them, health care, desire to eliminate minimum wage, losing their homes, not being able to declare bankruptcy are completely of no consequence?

The republicans if they got every legislative whim would find it completely fair to legislate the poor directly into a foggy forced labor march of freedom.

Anyways I have never understood the notion of a hispanic republican, a black republican or a $12,000 a year earning white republican. That a person would vote for a party that consistently legislates against their own well being is completely retarded.
This applies more so to the dirt poor southern republicans - their demise is not going to come in the form of "terrorism", rather it occur in the wallets of these people. However
they seem to be completely asleep at the wheel that they should be hyper-aware.

I doubt that even half of them understand that the conservative way is to build the economy from the top down. Under tax the rich over tax the middle class and the poor are poor because they are lazy.
God it is so rich,,, I can almost cry from the irony these people perpetuate.

I may get flamed for all this but so be it. I once was an indy, but now I am waking up!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
People who are obsessed with flags and flag pins are babies in diapers.
They lack compassion for real living things and mistake the symbol for life.
They tend to be the dumbest-like McCain who finished last in his class
at Annapolis and if elected to any position become misleaders rather than
leaders . Flag wavers are the most anti-american fools in the
history of the USA-they mistake flag waving for helping Americans in actual
time and space. Whenever I see a flag waver I spit on the ground because it
is my way of keeping it real and showing that flag wavers are the biggest corporate butt licking cowards on the planet
-flag wavers are a disgrace because they spend all their
time wiping their mental butt with the flag rather than actually helping living Americans.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why should I care whether or not Obama carrys an american flag or puts one on his plane everywhere he goes? his a patriot and he doesnt need to show it off everywhere he goes. Why does he need to prove anything to Bush folk who wont vote for him even if he shares 99% of his policies with the GOP?

Its like your driving down the highway and all you see are american flags on houses and cars, in stores and other public places, I mean I think its great to express your feelings and your pride but this arrogance coming from some people, this right wing BS that you must carry a flag everywhere you go to make the Bushie folk happy, just get over yourself.

Its not against the constitution not to carry the american flag everywhere you go, the founding fathers founded America on the foundation of freedom. It is your right as an american to go places without the american flag, it is your right as an american to choose your religion, it is nobody elses right to choose it for you. I think too many people gave into this Bush propaganda, all to fool people into this Iraq war. I would have figured people were over this by now? I know Obama is running for POTUS but even at that, why is it everywhere he goes he must satisfy Bush folk who for the most part attack him and his family on a daily bases? After this administration and their disrespect to the constitution and true conservative values you want to come make a big deal at the fact "you dont see the american flag on Obamas plane", are you listening to yourself here?

In the dictionary, a patriot is defined as "One who loves, supports, and defends one's country." No where in here does it say you have to carry the american flag everywhere with you go, same in the constitution, infact you dont have to carry the flag at all.

Get off yourselves, really now...

[edit on 23-7-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Good point.

I'll be willing to be George Washington and Abe Lincoln never wore Flag Lapels.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Grafilthy

“The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should....I’ve got Greenspan’s book.”

At least McCain tells the truth, huh?

This has everything to do with the issue, or rather non-issue, at hand. Just more senseless "Oh yeah! Well you're candidate is worse!" tripe.

yeah, who cares if our president understands the economy. or later says he does and didnt mean to say he didnt. or says a guy is his main economics advisor, his economy 'go-to-guy' and then after the go-to calls us all whiners imagining losing millions of homes, he says he doesnt listen to that nut. i mean that is the economy. why do we need a president that understands it or knows if he understands it, that is such a non issue.
can we get back to the flag that is not on either candidates charter plane or the lapel pins neither one wears?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Oh when the chickens leave the barn blame the barn.

thank you thank you thank you!!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
mis post

[edit on 7/24/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Heh... "Blame the Barn" Love it.

Nice addition to this thread mental modulator! (somehow I hear marvin the martian saying that)

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nope.. it's a rock concert. And I'm glad. Because you should SEE the party that will be thrown all over this world when Obama takes his rightful place as President of the United States!

Man, I really can't wait. I will party so hard that day, it will take a week to recover.

Edited by spiderj...removed a previously deleted postby another member that violated T&C...

[edit on 7/27/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I typically avoid talking politics, for this very reason. When I was young, it was less about smearing your opponent, more about trying to make promises. Now, the winner is the one that gets the least amount of negative press. Yay democracy?

What are folks suggesting.. that Obama asked for the flag to be removed? Or that he is not patriotic enough because he did not demand for it to be put back? It's the TAIL of a PLANE for cripes sake.

Pity more of the debates and discussions can't be on topics that actually matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

THE REAL WORRY is that he is extremely ANTI American...makes one feel a bit uneasy..PAY ATTENTION EVERYONE

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The jet that had the American flag on the tail belonged to North American Airlines prior to becoming Obama's campaign jet. The American flag on the North American Airline aircraft, like the American Airlines red, white and blue twin AA's with eagle in flight on their tail wing, is just as much a part of the North American Airline company logo as their name in that it serves to distinguish North American Airlines aircraft from other airlines. The North American Airlines "About Us" page clearly states the following:

"The airline will use modern B757-200 ER aircraft with leather seats, video movies and full service meals. Introductory fares from $99.00 one-way will kickoff the new air service. NAA, a financially successful airline for the last 15 years, has been flying to the Hawaiian Islands for the past three years from Oakland with a local tour operator. Now offered directly to the public, NAA's sc the eduled service will allow more transportation options for all Bay Area residents. "The aircraft can be recognized by the giant American flag painted on the vertical tail."

See: www.flynaa.com...

Barack Obama cannot retain the North American Airlines "American Flag logo" on the tail of his campaign jet.

On a final note, I'm an independent conservative. While I do not support Obama, I consider truth more important than partisan politics. I also do not support Presidente Juan McCain.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Nope.. it's a rock concert. And I'm glad. Because you should SEE the party that will be thrown all over this world when Obama takes his rightful place as President of the United States!

And this is the reason there will be riots when Obama doesn't win.

You guys have built-up this arrogant, dis-respecting anti-American bigot by placing him on such a high Pedastal, that he is going to fall harder than Mike Tyson did when losing to Buster Douglas.

Tyson actually earned his praise though.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Just an outside opinion here ... if you are representing the United States, you should be proud to display its flag. Obama also didn't participate in the National Anthem .. no hand over his heart ... I don't believe his allegiance is to the United States ... He is not technically a citizen. His mother lived in Kenya, I believe it was, 5 years before she came back here and had obama - I think it was like a year later. You're supposed to be in the country for a certain amount of time to be recognized as a citizen ... I only know that because McCain's citizenship was questioned because he was born in Arizona, when it was a territory. But he was on a part of the Panama Canal that was considered United States soil.

Why did McCain make several trips to Iraq, no media coverage ... but yet, Obama goes over there and takes 4 networks with him? And then he doesn't visit the hospital because they told him "no cameras allowed".

As for the war .. I am AGAINST the war. PERIOD. BUT, I think McCain is the best candidate to successfully guide us OUT. Even the troops back him ... my friend's son is in Iraq right now ---- he is part of an elite group, Nightstalkers --- and he said McCain is the best candidate.

The bottom line is, if you aren't proud of America, you don't deserve to be president.

Also, if you are anti war, remember Obama changed his stance and said that he didn't think immediate withdrawal was a good idea anymore.

What is hurting McCain is his age. Hopefully, he can get a good VP that people can get behind. That could save him.

Be careful ... at this time in America's history, who we choose for President is more important than ever.

Respectfully,

Tracey

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sorry to butt in anonymously - I found this thread through a websearch and couldn't restrain myself.

Last I heard - the Panama Canal was no where near Arizona
, but for more info on McCain as a naturalized citizen please read:

The Natural (Snopes.com)

Also, for more info on the Presidential campaign planes - see the snopes article: An American Tail. It does not appear that either candidate has a pronounced flag on their campaign plane.

-Spodeboy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

To this last 'anonymous'....McCain was NOT born in Arizona....he was born in Panama. Obama was born in a US state, not overseas. So, try to get your facts straight.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

The other side is the picture of the US of Europe, Obame's New World Order, once he gets his foot in office.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Well, nowhere have I read that either one of them took every opportunity to prove that they have no use for the very country they wanted to be the President of. As far as the flag pin, the flag on the jet, I could over look that, but the man has made it very clear (and his wife) that they don't like being Americans. If people can't see through what this man is about, you have no foresight. If the film clips of his minister of the church he attended for 20 years was not enough to make people think twice about his "changes" for the US, you're about an UN-American as both he and his wife. I don't particularly care for McCain either because he proposes nothing more than what we've seen from the Bush Administration for the past eight years, but the point is, Obama is not for the American people. Obama is for a US of Europe. When that happens, God help us ALL!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Yea, buddy! We'll see how hard you're laughing when he gets into office and you have to bow to Obama. It'll be real funny then. I can't wait to see your face.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join